Chapter 9

Piece by piece

 

Jimin’s family is loaded beyond belief. They are knows as S.Korea’s Royal Family. Our Mochi is 4 months (16 weeks)


He could feel the way she ran her thin fingers through his blonde locks. He wanted to coil back but didn’t want her to know he was wake. Maybe I’m just scared to learn the truth.

“You’re so strong, my baby boy,” mumbled the redhead, holding back the tears that threatened to fall. For the first time since he was admitted into the hospital they were alone. “You’ve endured so much more than I did at your age. I don’t think I’d be able to survive,” she sniffled a giggle. “One of the happiest days of my life was the day I felt your first kick. It made you more real. That and all the churros and cheesecake you wanted,” she kissed his forehead. “I’ll make sure that your parents don’t do what mine did to me. I promise, you won’t miss a minute of you baby’s life, like I did.”

That last comment made Jimin’s interest peck a bit, but he didn’t move. Why was he scared to confront her?

“Hey?” the hospital room door opened as Yoongi’s gruff voice floated to his ears. Jimin heard two sets of feet shuffle close to him. “They said they’d release him later on today depending on what the results of his last test say. His doctor is still worried that one of the drugs they used might have affected the baby,” Yoongi took his brother’s hand in his.

“That’s good,” smiled Gyuri, running her fingers though her son’s hair again.

The blonde noticed his brother’s brow twitch in annoyance. This little is acting.

“Is everything alright?” his brother’s mother’s voice made him turn to face Daehyun who had been quiet since he returned from his office.

The director took a deep breath and motioned them to sit on the chair next to Jimin’s bed. “Honestly, no, I’m not.” He looked at his son and couldn’t help but groan in annoyance. “Your father has been present in both Jimin’ and Yoongi’s life since their parents died.” He ran a hand through his brown hair.

“Grandfather Park?” the blonde asked. He was the only stranger that had come into their lives after their parents died. Yoongi turned to look at Gyuri and then at Daehyun.  “He’s your father?” he almost shouted. “Your father,” he pointed at the redhead, “the same man who ran you out of Korea,” he pointed at the director, “is the same man who kidnapped Jimin from you,” he pointed the Gyuri once more, “and has been in my brother’s life since we were placed with the Kims?”

Jimin’s eyes shot open when he heard Yoongi say the work kidnapped. Grandfather Park was the sweet man that had scouted Jimin to join the entertainment company he was at. That can’t be possible, can it?

“That’s not all,” sighed Daehyun. “During our investigation, Baekhyun, uh, Taehyung’s brother,” he clarified for Yoongi, “was looking into all accounts Chairman Park has, personal and those related to the companies. He found something.” He turned to look Gyuri. “Jimin and Rose going to the same school was planned by him. Both their tuitions have been paid in full Jimin’s since he was a kid and Rose’s when you finally moved back. He has three college and trust funds in the National Bank. Your ‘full-ride scholarships’ are being paid out-of-pocket, for the both of you.” He looked at Yoongi.

Yoongi gulped at what he was hearing. He can’t be serious. This whole time, Jimin’s kidnapper had been in their live. This whole time, they were in the presence of the man who took Jimin from his mother and gave him to his parents. This whole time, the man known as the King of South Korean knew who Jimin and he were.

“Just like how he started your fashion line, Ri, he started PJM Entertainment – Park Ji-Min Entertainment. Since he knew you both had the love for dance and music, he started the company for the two of you.”

“Wh-what?”

Everyone turned to look towards the voice and notice Jimin sitting up on the bed, hugging the plushy Hoseok had given him. No, this can’t be happening. Tears began to blur Jimin’s eyesight. Everything he knew was a lie. His parents. His childhood. His career. Everything was a lie. No wonder he was accepted right away. No wonder his career skyrocketed before everyone else’s. He didn’t deserve it.

“Jimin, honey?” began Gyuri, reaching out to take Jimin’s hand in hers. He slapped it away.

“I can’t breathe,” his breathing was becoming shallow. The numbness in the tips of his fingers and toes that slowly began to creep up his arms and legs. The pounding in his head as their words repeated themselves, killing him slowly.

“Yes, you can,” his father took his face in his hands and made him look into his eyes. “Yes, you can breathe. Jimin, look into my eyes and mimic me.”

The boy nodded as tear flowed down his puffy cheeks. The Director took the boy into his arms. For the first time in 18 years he was able to hold his son in his arm without the boy barely clinging to life.

Hoseok had been walking towards his boyfriend’s room when he noticed the nurses running the same direction. Thinking the worst, he ran to the room and threw the door open and was welcomed with the sight of Jimin being held by Director Jung as they cried. He was about to push the man away when he spoke.

“Appa is here. Eomma is here. Hyung is here. Eomma Min is here. Appa Min is here. We love you Jimin-ah. We won’t let anything bad happen to you. Appa is here to protect you from the bad guys.”

He wasn’t sure what to do.

**

Rose had convinced Lisa to drive all of them to the boy’s school and then to the coffee shop they usually meet up at before heading to Hoseok’s. Yoongi had texted her that Jimin was going to go home later today and she wanted to surprise him when he did.

So, that’s where the four girls found themselves after ditching their last classes, at the gate of the high school Taehyung and Jungguk, in her mother’s expensive SUV. It was still mid-winter but the girls loved promoting their friends’ music so they were blasting Trouble by Rap Monster Ft. Jin, with the windows halfway down.

“Students are coming out!” shouted Jisoo as she bounced out the truck. She needed to win brownie points with the younger Kim brothers if she wanted help in winning Seokjin’s heart. (Not that she needed them *wink wink*). The girls followed her.

Taehyung was leaning against the wall by the Sophomore hall way waiting for his little brother. He hadn’t been home in the past few days and he only got to spend time with his little brother at school and walking him to the dance studio.

“Hyung!” he heard a familiar voice shout. He looked up and saw two of his friends from his and his brother’s year running up to him.

“Mark, JB, what’s up?” they stopped before him and greeted him but slapping their palms together them bumping fists. He felt someone walk behind him. “Hey Gukie,” he greeted as he finished his handshake with JB.

“Come on,” shouted their other friend Jackson as he passed them.

“Why are you running?” shouted Mark as he burned off behind the shorter teen.

“Four hot chick from some other school are outside! I think they are here to fight someone!”

They all ran, Jungguk being the first one to exit the building. They were greeted by a swarm of high school students blocking the view. With a groan, the five teens broke their way through the crowed to the front.

“BABY!!!!!!” shouted the thin blonde when she saw her boyfriend. She threw her arms up and ran to him.

A smile broke out on Taehyung’s face when he saw the familiar SUV and his beautiful, exotic girlfriend waiting for him. He let his schoolbag fall when she ran to him. He met her halfway when she jumped into his arms. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, while his were holding her up from under her bum. He ignored the other students as they began to whisper to each other when they met in a sweet kiss.

He was saying ‘Yes, I, Kim Taehyung, am in love and in a relationship with a girl from the other side of the tracks who is as weird as me’.

Jungguk, on the other hand was avoiding eye contact with Jennie, both were red faced as they walked up to each other.

“Hi, Junggukie,” her blush reaching her ears.

“H-Hi, Jennie-noona,” he stuttered – it was snowing and he was sweating, is that normal? That wasn’t, but he’s sure as he’ll his face will permanently be red after this.

Since they were both face to face all Jennie had to do was one thing – she get on her tippy toes to meet his lips. It had been something she wanted to happen since that night at the club but was scared to since Jungguk and her brother were friends. She pulled away and hid behind her long brown hair.

Jungguk’s eyes went from wide to non-existent when he smiled his signature bunny smile. “Can I have another one?” he put one finger up to his face and scrunched up his nose in a cutesy manner.

His words gave the shorter teen courage to continue her flirting. “Come and get it,” she turned around to walk to the car, popping her out a bit in a flirtatious manner. Jungguk bit his lower lip seductively – something no one in his family, let alone school, had seen him do before.  

“Bro, hyung is going to murder you for bangin’ his sister,” teased Tae – Lisa now standing on her own, face buried in her boyfriend’s chest, loudly sniffing him, inhaling his scent of mint and chocolate.

“If this is how sweet death tastes like, I welcome it into my life. Jennie Kim is mine,” his shy, teenage persona, Jungguk, went to Jungkook in 0.01 seconds. The confident and smooth person he shows while dancing appeared after the kiss.

“Hurry up, you walking hormones!” shouted Rose jumping into the front passenger seat. “My brother gets out of the hospital today and I already ordered the cake!!! Whoa!!!!!!!” she cheered, turning up the volume of Yoongi’s ‘Agust D – Agust D’ Mix Tap.

“Let’s go before her water brakes,” Lisa playfully rolls her eyes at her friend.

“She’s pregnant, too!!!” both Taehyung and Jungguk shouted simultaneously, frozen in shock.

“Lisa, shut the up!! I’m not pregnant, you !!! My oppas will kill me if I even give them a suspicion of having a boyfriend,” shouted the redhead, referring to both Jimin and Yoongi. 

“Alright, catch ya’ later,” saluted the tall lilac haired teen at his friends. He threw his arm around his girlfriend’s thin shoulders and walked towards her car, Jungguk following close behind her.

“Ya! V! Jungkook!” the three of them turned to face who called them by their underground names. Walking to them were two students that were also well known in the underground.

The three girls in the SUV got out once more and walked towards their friends. Jennie, wrapped her arm protectively around Jungguk’s waist and putting his arm around her shoulders. She was Namjoon’s younger sister – smart, beautiful, beast with a mic, and way too ballsy for a girl her age (Jungguk makes her knees weak). Rose stood between both boys – they were Jimin’s brother and she was his sister, she needed to be there if something happened. Jisoo, being the eldest of the those here at the moment, stood next to Jennie and Jungguk.

“Bobby, B.I,” acknowledged Taehyung looking directly into the shorter male’s eyes.

“We heard about what happened with Baby G,” began B.I. “Look, man. I know our crews go up against each other at battles but what that guy did to your brother. It wasn’t anyone from my crew or any of the other crews.” He stuck his hand out to shake Tae’s. “Let Rap Monster know, I wanna have a word with him.”

“I’ll let my brother know when I see him later,” Jennie stuck her hand out to shake the other rapper’s hand. “And tell your boy to control his tongue. Suga nor Baby G would appreciate him eye in’ their little sister,” she rolled her eyes and signaled her friends it was time to leave with her head. (A/N: Rose told Yoongi since they are both Jimin’s sibling, they are also siblings, in their heart to heart when the DNA results came back.)

“I don’t have someone to walk with like that,” pouted Jisoo as the couples walked away – Lisa flicking her off as they walked.

“I’ll walk with you,” giggled Rose, back hugging her friend, resting her chin of the shorter girl’s shoulder.

“No, like Junggukie and Jennie and Taehyungie and the weirdo,” she placed Rose’s hand on her waist and put hers around the younger’s shoulders. “Since you have the bigger , you have to be the girl while I play the role of my Seokjinnie.” They walked off giggling.

“What can I say, we’re just a big assed family,” giggled the redhead as they walked. She looked behind her to the two boys that had walked up to them. She wasn’t sure is she trusted them but she’d have to talk to Yoongi to see what he says about them.

**

Trying to avoid the paparazzi what would be waiting for Jimin at the front of the hospital, they wheeled him out of the hospital through a back entrance to Daehyun’s black sedan. Yoongi was going to take Hoseok’s car while the younger two rode with Jimin’s birth parents so they could talk.

The entire ride was silent with Jimin looking out the window and watched the snow fall. He smiles, if everything goes as planned with the pregnancy, his baby will be about six or seven months when the first heavy snow hits. He hugs the plushy once more and his smile grows wider. His baby – a Mini Jimin and Mini Hoseok.

“Hyung,” his voice cracked a bit as he spoke, “we don’t have a name for the baby yet,” he turned to look at his boyfriend with a frown.

“We have to choose the Family name and go from there. How ‘bout something that works for both boys and girls?” Hoseok turned to look at his boyfriend and smiled. “Any ideas?”

“If we have a girl, I want to name her Mina, after my mom,” Jimin smiles remembering his mother’s warm smile.

“I like it, Min-a,” the young rapper tested the name on his tongue. “So family name ‘Min’,” he pulled out his phone and opened his memo pad to type the name they like. “We could combine our names, Min and Seok – MinSeok. There’s also Min-ho, Soo-Min, Hyun-Min, SeungMin,” he shrugged. “I personally like MinSeok.”

“I like it Jung Min-A. Jung MinSeok,” he kissed the rapper tenderly. “I love you,” he whispered.

Daehyun smiled as he turned the steering wheel. “You’re a ‘Jung’? he asked Hoseok, looking at him through his rearview mirror.

“Yes, sir,”

“Me, too. Which make Jimin a ‘Jung’, too.” He smiled.

“He’s a ‘Park’,” smiled Gyuri and looked back at them. “That’s the surname I register him under. Park Jimin. And your children will also be taking the name ‘Park’ when they are born, it is a tradition in our family that’s been going on for generations.” She still can’t get over the fact she’s going to be a grandmother. It’s so exciting!!!”

“Can we not talk about this yet? I understand what happened but the Min’s are my parents. They were there for me until they were taken from me. Please, they are still my parents,” he wanted to cry. He understood they were excited that they finally found their missing son but his parents were his parents – always.

“We’re not asking you to replace them with us,” began Daehyung, noticing his ‘girlfriend’s’ mood had dropped at their son’s words. “We’re asking for a chance to be there for you as we should have been since the beginning. I’m grateful that your parents showed you the love and support Gyuri and I weren’t allowed too, but please Jimin, I’m begging you. Allow us to shower you with the love we were denied to show you for years. Please?” he begged.

The rest of the way to their apartment building was spent in silence. The teen was conflicted. He understood everything they were telling him. They knew from the day he was admitted into the hospital that he was their son. They had time to process the news, unlike him. He just found out that his best friend was actually his younger sister. His younger sister had ginger red hair, natural sun-kissed skin, dark almost black eyes, and plush lips but her nose dipped a bit. His mother had ginger red hair, natural sun-kissed skin, dark almost black eyes, thin lips, and her nose dipped a bit. His father had dark brown hair, tan skin, large dark eyes, round nose, chubby cheeks, and plush lips.

He looked like his birth father, except with ginger red hair and a small button nose. His mother and sister are short and he was blessed (cursed) with the short gene, too. There is no denying it. He is their son and they are his parents. He’s not ready, though.

“Jimin-ah,” began Gyuri, clearing as he spoke. “I know you’ll probably never accept me as your mother. I understand, but understand me too. You were ripped from my arms moments after you were born. You were raised without me being in your life. It kills me to know that you won’t see me as your mother, but I understand.” She took a deep breath, “I just want to be there for you, Yoongi, and Little Mochi. I don’t want you’ll to go through the pain I had to go through, not being in your life.

“You don’t have to see me as you ‘mom’ but please allow me the blessing to be in your life. To be in my grandchild’s life. Allow me to shower you in the love I was denied to give you.”

Pulling up to the curve of the sidewalk Jimin spoke again. “Okay.”

The four exited the car and walked up to the semi-rundown apartment building. They took the elevator to the 6th floor in silence. Gyuri took her son’s hand in hers and he didn’t pull away. She smiled. She brought their joined hands to her lips and kissed the back of his hand as she broke down.

Finally, after so many years of thinking her baby boy was dead, she had him back. The same kid that would kick her in the ribs every night if he didn’t get his banana milk before bed. The same baby that she used to spend hours watching as he moved around in her womb, his tiny feet that sometimes were visible when was dressing for school. He was the one who gave her her first ever ‘tiger strip’, signaling that he was grown at the right pace.

She wrapped her arms around his middle and buried her face in his check, a painful sob ripping through as she cried. Jimin hesitantly wrapped his arms around her and tried holding back the tears that threatened to fall. He can’t stress anymore – it wasn’t good for the baby, but it was just an emotional day.

Daehyun joined the hug, finally having the tow people he loved most in the world in his arms. His son and his first love. He hasn’t forgotten about Yoongi, Rose, or Hoseok, they are very much a part of his family now.

Their relationship won’t grow in just one day. It’ll take weeks, months, maybe even years, but he is willing to put in the hours and hard work to have that relationship with his son.

His team of handpicked agents reunited 10 missing and exploited children with their families, in just four months – Jimin and Taehyung included. They have enough evidence to arrest Chairman Park and place him in a federal prison for kidnapping and fraud once he is out of coma. They have two of the main men in the responsible for human trafficking in South Koran behind bars.

Kris has been convicted for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will spend many years behind bars for Jimin’s stabbing.

Mr. Kim filed for divorce and appealed to have full custody of Jungguk since Taehyung was allowed to live with his brother and roommate. It not that he didn’t trust his (ex)wife with their sons but he didn’t trust his ex with his sons. The way she stood by Kris and justified his actions throughout the short trial had him questioning her morals.

Mrs. Kim had to pay back everything she had taken form Jimin’s and Yoongi’s pension check. Apparently, Mrs. Kim knew that the boys’ parents had a life insurance policy that would be divided between both boys and would receive monthly check of an ‘X’ amount until they reached legal age. That is, before including the money she would swipe from the check Chairman Park would send for his grandson for his basic needs.

As for Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Rose, Daehyun, and Gyuri? They just spilled the puzzle on to the marble table top of the Park’s dining table. Piece by Piece they have to connect the puzzle. It’ll take them a while since some had years of advantage and others had to quickly catch up. But they can do it. All six of them are willing to take the challenge and complete the puzzle together.       


This isn't the end. I know it sounds like it but I still have stuff planned out for it. You could say Arc 1 of Piece by Piece is done, but the series isn't. Thank you for reading.

If y'all like follow me on instagram or sanpchat (forgot my tumblr user and pass) I'll follow back.
IG: maggielove09
SC: maggiepants09