Chapter 3

Piece by piece

“Hyung,” whispered Jimin into his foster brother’s ear.

“Minnie, go away,” whined Jin, rolling over to face away from the younger. “You shouldn’t be out the at night,” he puffed out his pillow.

After the Kim’s were told that the foster kids they housing wouldn’t be transferred to any other home, they were excited. They loved the boys as their own flesh and blood. So, Mr. Kim, being the loving father he is, extended him home. Three more rooms were added so each boy could have their own room. 

“But, I’m hungry, hyung,” whined the younger, crawling into his brother’s bed.

“There’s food in the kitchen, Jimin. I have class in the morning,” Jin covered his head with this blanket.

“But I want homemade churros, hyung. And Hoseok ate the batch you made the other day. Please!!!” he cried. He really wanted some churros right now.

“God, okay,” scuffed Jin, “but you owe me big.”

Jimin squealed in delight and kissed his brother’s cheek. For the past few days, he’s been wanting churros but the ones Hoseok bought him when they snuck away earlier didn’t satisfy his craving. The teen ran to the kitchen to get everything ready for his churros. It wasn’t very hard to make them, but his brother had this magical touch when he baked.

Entering the kitchen, Jin found his younger brother preparing everything to his churros – shirtless. He sensed something odd in his brother, but when he asked his mom, she denied it. He was still her little ball of sunshine. But now that it’s just the two of them, he’s sure there is. He paid close attention as his brother worked. His hair was blonde, Jimin hated his ginger hair so once he could dye it ginger red was forever gone. His honey toned skin was a little pale. He was still the shortest at home, but both he and Yoongi were naturally short. His abs seemed a lot softer, which was odd since the boy worked out on a daily bases and abdominal workouts were always present.

“Ewe, I know the recipe calls for vanilla extract but do you have to add it? It,” he gags.

That was another thing he noticed of the younger, he’s been eating a lot of sweets lately and his favorite foods were making him gag. But from all of that, he found himself locking eyes with his brother’s pubic area. He knows something is wrong with Jimin but he keeps saying he’s fine. His belly seems a little swollen, but it’s not possible. Jimin doesn’t have a boyfriend and the only times he goes out its with Rose and his friends from school or them when they go out.

He finds himself walking to his brother and resting his hand on that small swell just below his belly button. His feels firm to his touch. With wide eyes, he looks up to meet his brother’s gaze. No, it can’t be. He knows his brother, nope. He’s just thinking things. It’s late.

“Sorry, Minnie, I’m still asleep,” he laughs off his reaction. He gets to work on this brother’s churros, missing Jimin’s similar reaction to the swell on his body.

***

Morning comes around and Jimin finds himself at his boyfriend’s apartment again. He couldn’t stop thinking about what his brother did. He had this feeling that he was but was hoping he was wrong. He hopes he’s just over thinking things.

With a deep breath, he knocks on the door. He hasn’t seen his boyfriend since Wednesday since he locked himself up in his apartment/studio to work on last minute things for his show tonight. He stood there and prayed that after he told Hoseok, it wouldn’t be the end of them. He is in love with the elder.

“Hey, what’s up,” Hoseok didn’t open the door all the way since he had guests but Jimin wasn’t thinking properly. He pushed his boyfriend inside the apartment. “It’s not a good time, baby,” he whispered trying to get his boyfriend out his apartment.

“I don’t care,” he kicked off his shoes and threw his bag on the floor without a care in the world. “We can’t keep hiding anymore, Hoseok. We can’t. I know we agreed to keep quiet for a while but we can’t anymore,” he walked towards the restroom, walking right into the living room, not seeing the two familiar faces working hard.

“Jimin, can we talk about this later,” he tried again, this time not to get killed.

“When is later, Jung Hoseok, huh? When I can’t hide a basketball shaped stomach behind layers of clothes? Nine Months? Or when I’m birthing a living breathing being? Huh? When is it a good time?” he shouted, ignoring the two sitting not that far away from them. “I think I’m pregnant,” he whispers, tears rolled down his face as he stared at Hoseok’s frozen state.

“Yo-you’re pregnant?” those words didn’t come out of his boyfriend’s mouth.

Jimin turned around and was met with Namjoon and Yoongi staring at him.

“Hyung?” he gulped at the look on his brother’s face.

“Ima be a father?” Hoseok’s voice had both Jimin and Yoongi’s gaze snapping in his direction. The look on his face gave Jimin a glimpse of hope. “We’re having a baby?” he smiled and took Jimin in his arms, forgetting about his friend standing a few feet away.

“You son of a !!!” Yoongi charged at Hoseok, ignoring his brother cry as he landed a punch to the younger’s face. How could Hoseok betray his like this, aren’t they best friends? His fist collided with the younger’s jaw repeatedly but it was only causing him to get angrier since Hoseok wasn’t responding. Why did he have to take the only family he had left?

“Hyung?!?!? Stop it!!!! Hyung?!?!?!” shouted Jimin while Namjoon tried to pry his brother off his boyfriend. “You’re hurting him!!!!! Hyung?!?!?!”

Yoongi didn’t respond.

“Hyung, think about Jimin,” came Namjoon’s voice. “Hurting Hobi, is hurting Jimin right now,” he said. He pulled his friend away while Jimin helped his boyfriend up.

“I’m sorry, hyung,” cried Jimin standing between his boyfriend and brother. “I’m sorry.” His heart stopped when he watched his brother fall to his knees crying. He was the worst brother ever. Yoongi had been there for him through anything and how does he repay him? He asked to keep his relationship with his brother’s best friend behind his back. He got pregnant by that very friend his brother saw as a brother. He got on his knees to be at the same height with his brother and hugged him. “I’m sorry, hyung,” he apologized again.

Hesitantly, Yoongi wrapped his arms around his baby brother.  “Are you sure?” he whispered. “Are you having a baby? I can’t lose you too, Minnie,” he cried.

“You’re not going to lose me, hyung, I promise. You might be an uncle soon. It won’t be just Yoongi and Jimin anymore,” Jimin giggled through his tears. “We won’t be alone anymore, hyung.”

 

The test came back positive and Hoseok was sporting few new bruises, adding to the one’s Yoongi had already given him, to that night’s show.

**

“Got the judge to sign off on it,” smiled Kevin, the captain’s right hand man and childhood friend.

“That was fast,” answered Daehyun when the file was dropped on his desk.

“Judge Lee went to school with Heiress Park. Something about her not being like those ‘arrogant s’. We, now, can snoop through all of Park Corporations financial accounts, both business and personal. If Chairman Park was paying Jimin’s schooling, he would have used either bank account.” He smiled triumphantly.

“What about the adoption agency? Have they said anything?” smiled Daehyun as he looked through the court order given to him. Once step closer to finding his friend’s son.

“Ji-yong is handling that, but from what he told me they were handed the child over by Busan Medical the night Jimin was born before he was placed in a home. I have him and Youngbae on their way over there to talk with the staff.” Kevin looked at his friend with questioning eyes. “You still love her, don’t you?”

“What?” the captain looked up at his friend. “Oh, she was my first love. He father hated me and the fact I wasn’t from the rich side of town,” he shrugged. “She created her life and I created mine. There’s no point in perusing something if she’s married already.” He looked back down at the files on his desk.

“What happened?”

“She was still in high school, her father threatened to send me to prison if didn’t break it off with his daughter over a bull reason. My parents lost their jobs because of him,” he sighed not wanting to talk about why he really left. “Not much I could do, huh?”

“Well, she isn’t married, her father is in the hospital, so there is nothing holding you back this time. Get her kid back and be a hero. She’s rebellious, if you don’t know,” shrugged his friend, giving his signature smile. “I don’t think she’d care what people would say if she decides to date a lousy detective.” He stood from his seat. “Well, time for lunch. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Stupid brat,” he laughed as his friend closed the door to his office. He opened the file to the Park’s missing heir once more. “Date of birth, October 13th 19… What?” he flipped through the pages of the file. Gyuri’s history. She wouldn’t cheat on him, would she?

He picked up his cellphone and dialed her number.

**

“Get out of my house,” his mother’s voice was so low it was almost a whisper.

Everyone, including Hoseok, was sitting in the living room, silent, staring. She said she loved him, that she would always be there for him.

“Eomma,” he whispered looked at her in shock.

“Get. Out. Of. My. House,” she emphasized every word, full of venom, making him jump back a bit. “I will not have you bring such disgrace into our home! If you don’t get rid of it, get out!!!” she pointed to the front door.

“I’m sorry,” cried Jimin looking down at his feet. His brother’s arms wrapped around him, trying to shield him from such hateful words.

“You weren’t feeling sorry when you opened your legs for such a low life. I can’t even look at you,” she turned to face away from her son. She didn’t raise him like this.

“Eomma, you can’t be serious,” shouted Jungguk standing next to Jimin and Yoongi. “You can’t make hyung leave?!”

“What don’t you understand, Jungguk?! We’re going to be the laughing stock of his neighborhood. A joke. No, I will not have it and that’s final. I want you out of this house by the time I get back,” and Mrs. Kim walked away leaving her family too look at her in shock. Seokjin was her baby but Jimin was her sun.

“Jimin,” came Mr. Kim’s timid voice.

Jimin flinched.

“Oh, my poor boy,” he pulled the teen into a hug. “She’s just scared. Give her some time to process everything,” he kissed the top of the boy’s head.

“I’m sorry, appa. I’m sorry,” he cried.

“Don’t be sorry. It happened already, we can’t take it back. I’ll always be here for you, Jiminnie. I’ll always love you. Are you going to Hoseok’s?” Jimin nodded. “Take care of my boy, Jung Hoseok. If I hear you made my baby cry or hurt him in some way, I’ll hunt you down,” he silently cried.

“Will do, sir,” smiled Hoseok. He wasn’t expecting this. No one was.

“Jimin, I swiped this from mom’s wallet before she left. Apart from the monthly check the government sent, we were getting another check with your name on it and she went depositing it as they arrived. I don’t know how much there is but it should be enough to help you live comfortably for a while,” smiled Seokjin as he handed the younger the bank card. “I’ll be a phone call away, Minnie,” he smiled.

“Thanks, hyung,” sniffed Jimin as he hugged his foster brother.

Taehyung and Jungguk helped Jimin pack his clothes and things he would need for school. It took longer then what it should because of all their crying but they got it done. Once back down at the living room, the discover that Yoongi had also packed his things to leave with Jimin, going against Mr. Kim’s wishes. He couldn’t leave his baby brother alone. They were the only family they had left.