Chapter 12

Piece by piece

The day had started like any other day. Jimin woke up to Hoseok hugging his body pillow, mouth slightly open as he snored away. He had an evening class tonight so no need to wake him up before the teen left for school. Jimin got out of bed quietly and went to the restroom to start his morning routine. After, he walked towards the kitchen and found his brother slumped over his lyrics notebook and a cold mug of black coffee – fast asleep.

He smiled. Things were slowly getting back to normal. Rose has been a part of his life since they met in school and the transition from best friend to younger sister was very simple for him. Gyuri and Daehyun was a bit harder. At first, he did feel that they were trying to force down his throat the fact that they were his parents – Gyuri more than Daehyun. But as he got to know them, he noticed that it was still a bit difficult for them to become parents to a kid that was practically an adult already. Daehyun more than Gyuri since she already had Rose and knew what it was like to have a teenage child at home.

“Hyung,” he gently shook his brother up only to receive a mumbled curse in return. “Hyung, your back is going to hurt. Go rest on your bed.” Without any verbal acknowledgement, he smiled as he watched his brother stand up and walk in a zombie like state to the living room and fall face first on the old matrass that laid on the floor.

He did a quick cleanup of his house, cooked his breakfast, and dressed for school. He woke up both Hoseok and Yoongi before the made his way to the parking garage. As he pulled out of the parking area and onto the main street, he notices the amount of paparazzi that were standing in front of his building like if they were waiting for something or someone. The teen just shrugged it off and drove towards Rose’s house to pick her up.

 

They joked and laughed as they made their way to school – dancing and singing to a cheesy pop song saved on Jimin’s phone. Pulling into the student parking, they noticed that a lot people were turning to look at them. They both sensed something was off but they did their best to ignore it.

As they walked to the front of the school to enter through the front, once again, greeted by paparazzi. The Park siblings linked hands and continued to walk.

‘Apparently, those two are Park Gyuri’s children.’ ‘Heirs to such are fortune? You have to be kidding me. I bet they are doing just for publicity.’ ‘My father works at the HQ for the Parks and he’s never said anything of the chairwoman having children.’

They looked at each other and continued to walk. Jimin subconsciously rubbed his growing bump as he listened to his sister about the phone call she had with Jisoo last night.

“I wonder what’s going on?” asked Rose, as they neared the crowd of students huddled up in such horrible weather.

“That’s them!” Jimin looked up and saw Lisa’s older twin brother pointed at them. “That’s Min Jimin and Roseanne Park.” Dread fell over bother siblings.

“Jimin-ssi!!” kept being repeated as cameras flashed in their direction. Gossip journalist and bloggers shouted off questions a million miles per second. They were being surrounded. Paparazzi after paparazzi kept getting closer and closer, crowding in on the siblings.

He wasn’t sure if it was his brotherly instinct to protect his sister or the paternal side, to protect his unborn child, he pushed Rose behind him. Using his own body as a shield. The lights were blinding. Spots clouded his vision. Voiced became muffled. Time began to slow. They were too close for comfort.

“Move back!” came the voice of their principle. “Everyone move back. This is private property and you don’t have permission to be here!”

Rose made herself small behind her brother’s back. Memories of when she was a child flashed in her mind. She tied to hold back a sob but nothing could hold the cry that left her lips when she was shoved forward into her brother.

“Ah!” cried the older teen as he fell forward onto his teacher’s back, pushing him to the ground. Trying to catch himself from falling onto his teacher, Jimin tried reaching out for anything for support only to twist his ankle and fall to the side – landing on his . “Ow,” he softly cried.

Everything around Rose slowed. Flashes from the cameras blinded her. Then everything went black.

“Get the back,” shouted a familiar voice.

Jimin looked up and saw Professor Choi shoving people back while Professor Park, the Music Director, tried waking up his sister.

“Mr. Min,”

Jimin looked to the voice behind him and saw that the drama teacher, Professor Go, kneeling beside him.

“Someone call the police and an ambulance. This is private property and you are trespassing and putting my students in harm’s way,” shouted the principle as he smashed on of the cameras.

**

Youngji’s pumps clicked against the floor of Park HQ as she made her way to Gyuri’s office. Jimin was dead. Gyuri told her Jimin was dead. She was told that the little boy she was ready to teach everything too was dead.

The young model walked right past the chairwoman’s secretary and pushed the door open.

“Oh, Youngji,” smiled Gyuri, looking up from the new contracts she had ordered for Jimin, Lisa, and Taemin.

“What is this?” hissed the younger as she threw the day’s newspaper on the chairwoman’s desk. “You said Jimin was dead,” she pointed at the article.

The ginger picked up the paper and right on the front cover, in color, was a picture of Jimin and Rose standing in front of a small coffee shop, on one side, and on the other, separate photos of her and Daehyun.

“I..” before she could even begin to explain what happened, her phone rings. “One moment. Park Gyuri?” she asked calmly into the receiver. Her shocked expression falls into worry to whatever is being said on the other line. “What hospital are they at?” she grabs a pen and note paper and writes down the address. “I’m on my way. Is Rose okay? Are you with Jimin?” She hangs up the phone. Tears silently spilling from her eyes. “I have to go. I’ll explain everything when I get back.” She grabs her purse and runs out of her office.

“I’ll come with you!” shouts the young model as she runs after her old friend. “You aren’t in any state to drive.”

**

“Let’s begin,” began Daehyun as he tapped the space bar on his laptop. “Our informant has just sent us over some information regarding the next auction. In the portfolios, Chen handed out, are photos and information of everyone who will presumably be in Ulsan this weekend.” He clicked the spacebar once more and continued to explain what they were going to do.

“As you could see,” he points at the screen. “We have many of the big players appearing that night…” but before he could answer the receptionist enters the conference room.

“Director Jung,” she gulps. His number one rule, never interrupt a briefing. “Mis. Gyuri call. Your children were rushed to the hospital this morning.”

**

Yoongi and Hoseok were the first ones to arrive at the hospital both Jimin and Rose were transported to since their university was a few blocks to the south of the hospital. The blonde was furious at the number of vultures that had swarmed the hospital. The only thing dividing the entrance to the emergency entrance and the paparazzi were two on-call officers – both had an aura that screamed pain.

“Minnie,” called out the black-haired rapper as he ran to his beautiful boyfriend. His neatly combed blonde hair was a rat’s nest from where he nervously ran his chubby fingers through it. His white uniform and black slacks were dirty from where he had wiped his hands. His right foot was bandaged, his shoe on the seat next to him with his schoolbag and coat.

“Hobi?” cried out Jimin as he saw his boyfriend. “Hyung?” he cried when he saw his brother. “Rose fainted and hit her head. The doctors are examining her,” he cried as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend – eyes puffy from all the cried he was doing.

“It’s okay,” cooed Yoongi as he sat next to his brother, rubbing his back. He turned to look back at the entrance and saw that the number of officers standing outside had grown and they had pushed the media across the street and away from the traumatized siblings. He turned back to look at his brother and caught the woman sitting in front of them staring hard at Jimin as he cried into Hoseok’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry, hyung. My emotions are all over the place because of the pregnancy. I’m sorry,” he sniffled a laugh. “I’m such a crybaby,” he wiped is nose with the sleeve of his shirt.

“Don’t say that, love. You’re just scared for your sister and you got hurt also. Everything is going to be okay,” reassured Hoseok as he placed a kiss on Jimin’s plush lips.

“Family of Chaeyoung Park?” called a doctor as he stepped out after a few minutes.

“I’m her brother,” called out Jimin as he tried standing up but being held back by two strong rappers.

“I’m her adoptive brother, Yoongi,” lied the blonde as he stood from his seat next to his brother. “How’s my sister?”

“Miss. Park is doing just find. She did hit her head, but it wasn’t as hard as we had assumed. “Let her rest and once she’s awake and we’ll examine her again. We’ll let you know when you can take her home.”

“Thank you,” smiled Yoongi as he shook the doctor’s hand.

The Heiress ran into the hospital to look for her children. She had received a call from an old friend that her children had been transported to the hospital but she hadn’t questioned how they knew Jimin and Rose were her children. As far as she knew, her friend didn’t like to fall pray to what the media pictured on a daily basis.

“Jimin,” she called out, the heel of her shoe clacking against the floor.

“Eomma,” he called out, trying to stand up.

YoungJi stopped when she saw the boy’s face in person.  She had seen him in person, spoken to him many times when she would have to go to PJM to talk about temporary modeling contracts for their trainees. This boy had modeled along with her for a bit when he was younger, still new to the company like she was. She felt her legs become jello, landing on her when she fell. A shaky hand covered as tears silently began to spill. How could she be so stupid to forget her coworker’s name.

“You’re alive?” she whispered to herself.

Gyuri was too busy checking every part of her son to see if she finds any bruising or cuts – aside from his ankle. “Are you hurt anywhere else,” she asked

“I’m okay, Ms. Go caught me before I could hurt myself more,” he nodded towards the teacher.

Gyuri turned to thank the person sitting across her son, but the words died as soon as the landed on the person. Long black hair styled in loose curls, bronze complexion, large child-like brown-eyes, with a light tint of pink gloss on her lips. “Hara?”

“You have a lot to tell me but not now,” sighed the drama teacher. “Your children need you, right now.” She stood from her seat and walked towards the exit, passing Daehyun. It hurt. Gyuri was her best friend when they were younger. And, then, one day, she was gone. At first, she thought that the older girl had followed her boyfriend to whatever country he left too but none of their friends knew where he had gone or even spoke to him. Then one day, he shows up at the club they used to hang out at when they were younger and asked for Gyuri. Years pass and then she appears.

She wasn’t sure who she was mad at.

“How’s Rose?” asked the Director, stopping in front of Gyuri and Jimin.

“She hit her head when she fainted but nothing too damaging,” replied Yoongi. “Who…”

“Y-you’re my Chim chim?”

The Park-Min-Jung family looked up at the model before them.

“Noona,” smiled Jimin. “I haven’t seen you since we did that health magazine photo shoot last year,” he teen gave his signature eye smile as he waved at his ex-co-worker.

“You’re alive.” It sounded more like a statement, now, instead of a question. He was so beautiful, so gentle and kind. After getting past the whole awkward shyness, he’s a really good kid, hardworking.

“Yes?” he looked at his hyungs.

“He still drinks his banana milk before he sleeps. He’s restless if he doesn’t,” smiled Gyuri as she reached out to take not the 20-something year-old Youngji’s hand but the five-year-old Youngji with lopsided pigtails and dressed like a boy.

 “You two know each other?” asked Hoseok. He is Jimin’s boyfriend but he didn’t know the younger’s idol friends – aside form Lisa and Taemin.

“Hmm,” nodded Jimin. “We were the two rookie models for the new school uniforms when I first began an apprentice at PJM.” He smiled at her once more, “If it hadn’t been for her, I don’t think I could have made it through the whole shoot.”

“See, you did teach him something. Just like you promised,” the red-head wiped the tears that flowed down Youngji’s checks.

“What’s going on?” asked Daehyung, reading Yoongi’s and Hoseok’s mind.

“When I first moved to Busan, before Jimin was born, there was this little girl who lived across the hall from me. I used to babysit her up until everything happened and I moved to New Zealand,” shrugged the Chairwoman.

“God, Jimin,” scuffed Hobi. “Whoever wrote your life story wanted threw everything in your life. Crazy rich mother, hero father, ducky younger sister, scary older brother, poor boyfriend – they seriously didn’t know what to write.”

“Maybe I should sale my story to some, like, big shot producer or something. Make bank for Little Mochi.” Everyone laughed at his words.

“Mr. Min,” the doctors voice interrupted their family moment. “Your sister is awake. I’ll you to her room.”

“Thank you,” nodded Yoongi. If you would had told him that his family would grow at such a rapid rate, he would have laughed at you for weeks. But his life had turned into a TV angst/comedy/fluffy drama cliché. He had seen everything that was going around him, keeping Jimin as safe and away from the troubles Gyuri seemed to be going through. He noticed the increase in both his and Jimin’s bank accounts. He knows Hoseok had seen it in his but the redhead didn’t want to tell them why.

‘All you need to worry about is going to school and getting your degree like your parents wanted you too. Like I want you too.’ She would say. ‘Be there for Jimin, physically and emotionally. He’s going to need you the most.’ Whatever the hell that meant. But he learned not to question her in the short time they had known each other.

That and Jimin’s showcase is next Friday and now they have to work something out because a) he already can’t dance the way he wants too and b) he can’t be risk breaking his foot right now.

**

“You’re a ! You now that?!?!?!” shouted Lisa as she entered her house. “I can’t believe you did that to his and to Rose. What the has Jimin ever done to you to make you hate him so much??” She threw her school bag on the floor and faced her brother.

She had seen the whole thing unfold. She watched as her brother laughed at the panicked look on her friends’ face when he pointed at them. She had shoved him as she walked to her car in a fit of anger. Jimin had done nothing to her brother. Jimin avoiding the other boy after he had shoved the shorter teen into the lockers and hurt his hand a day before he had a show.

“His whole presence annoys me. Bet, he’s just say that he’s Park Gyuri’s son to make money off of her. My friend Seunghyun says that his dad is partnered with the company and not Chairman Park of Chairwoman Park had said anything about having children.”

“Jesus, I hate you so much right now, Seungri,” she crossed her arms over her chest. “What you did was low, even for you. You are so damn lucky that he only twisted his ankle, boy Yoongi-oppa is still going to kick your because Rose got hurt.” She walked past him to go to her room but he caught her arm and spun her around to face him.

“’You wouldn’t understand if I told you. Anyways, Yoongi-oppa’? That funny looking kid that you snuck into the house?”

“You’re disgusting,” she yanked her arms from his grip. “Taehyung is not funny looking and Yoongi-oppa is too old for me.” She clicked her tongue and walked away again.

“What is going on here?” asked her mother as she walked into the foyer where her children were arguing. Her black hair was tied back into a tight bun, and her black slim-fit dress fit her like a glove. In her hand the half-filled wine glass. Barely 11 and already drinking.’

“Because of him, Jimin and Rose are in the hospital! The school is swamped with poparatzzis and school was cancelled because the media went all apes- after he pointed out Jimin.”

“Whose ‘Jimin’?” asked the wife of the Thailand Ambassador and Ms. South Korean from like back in the late 80’s.

“Brother of the boy she sneaks in at night,” answered Seungri, clicking his tongue, as well.

“What?!?!?!”

“I ing hate you,” the blonde, stomped her way to her room. She hated this house. She hated her family. She hates her mother’s plastic smile. She hates her brother. And she loathes her father. “I am so glad I changed my name,” she voiced.

Two more weeks of school. Just two. Entering her bedroom, she pulled out the pink and black zebra print suitcase from her closet and begins to fill it with anything she would need after she’s left the house.

**

“It wasn’t supposed to reach the media, boy,” scuffed Mr. Park into the receiver of the cellphone.

I’m sorry, Chairman,” an audible gulp was heard.

“My agreement was with your father-in-law and no with you.”

I know, sir, but from wh…”

“But what?”

Your grandson, from what I’ve heard from my daughter and her friend’s talk, he’s pregnant,

“It doesn’t matter. I want Lee Electronics and a marriage was promised between our first borns. My daughter went and ruined that opportunity when she ran away from that good for nothing rent-a-cop. Pregnant or not Jimin will marry your son.”

What about your granddaughter. I’m sure she’s pure and plus, she was raised properly – not like Jimin and his barbaric tendencies.

“First born,” and the line went dead.

Chairman Park paced around his hospital room. He had already lost count of how long he had been cooped up in the small room. He was becoming restless. It was already a risk in its self if he stepped out of the room, let alone, the hospital. He needed a way out of the hospital and the perfect opportunity had just showed it face.