Chapter 6

Piece by piece

Hey guys, on the last chapter I had quoated Rose saying Jimin was five months. That was one of the many errors I missed but haven't had time to change them. My grandma and uncle came to visit and where I live basically froze over. I hope y'all had a safe and fun New Years. 


‘Tragedy hits S. Korea’s dance community this Christmas Eve morning. Seoul’s very own Min Jimin, was attacked moments after exiting the stage.

Last night, Min was here at ‘Wave’, a nightclub known for hosting artist known within the underground music scene. Witnesses report that Min had been on stage preforming with his brother, SUGA, and his rap crew ,BTS, before the attack happened. He was transported to a private hospital and his condition is unknown. No suspects or motive have been identified. We will keep you informed as more details surface. I am Yuri Choi, have a good morning.’

**

Everything seemed to move in slow motion for Jungguk. One minute, he’s dancing with Jennie while Taehyung dances with Lisa and the next he sees Kris – one of the boys his parents used to foster when he was younger. He knew having Kris, Jimin, and Yoongi within the same area was a disaster waiting to happen. He wasn’t expecting to witness Kris pull a knife from his pocket to stab Jimin.

All sound stopped, movement was slowed down – as if God had pressed the slow-motion button within Jungguk’s brain. He sees Jimin slowly begin to fall and Rose running to him followed by a man in a suit. He turns to tackle Kris down to prevent him from getting away, he wasn’t the only one. Those who saw what that evil man had done tried to stop him, but the maknae of the group wasn’t going to let Kris leave.

Everything became a blur after…

**

He had a feeling Taehyung was prolonging their meeting but wasn’t sure why. He had gone through all the required measures to get a meeting with his brother’s foster family. He made sure his boyfriend kept the apartment clean while he was away. He held back on telling the court about his relationship in fear of them revoking any chance in meeting his brother.

What he wasn’t expecting was a call at 5 o’clock in the morning from the social worker telling him his brother was at the hospital but wasn’t sure to what reason exactly. He didn’t question why they didn’t contact the parents first. Both he and his boyfriend, Chanyeol, still dressed in their sleepwear and coffee in on hand, rushed through the early morning traffic to get to the hospital.

Arriving at the hospital, they both ran towards the emergency area. Upon entering the area, he didn’t expect to see a thin boy with messy brown and green hair with a bloody face. Sitting next to him was a thin blonde female who seem to be crying silently on his shoulder. On Taehyung’s right was his social worker, Ms. Kim.

She, too, had a somber expression on her face.

Taking a deep breath, he walked up to the three.

 

“Taehyung-ah, I’ve been trying to contact you for some time now,” began Ms. Kim. She was a middle-aged woman that loved what she did. Her long hair was an artificial black, the makeup she wore kept the youthful look to her skin, but her hazel-green eyes reflected the years and knowledge she learned over the years.

 

The teen side-eyed her. His brother was in surgery to repair his lung and she wants to talk about why she’s been looking for him. His little brother is being treated for the wounds he received as he and some man held Kris down.

He knew what she wanted to talk about. That’s why he was avoiding her, too. His father had told him a few days ago that they had found blood relative. But due to the events that had happened with Jimin, his teenage mind said something different.

“They just want to get rid of me like they did Yoongi-hyung and Jimin. I’m almost 18, an adult,” he snarled at her. He’s basically an adult, he can live by himself. He has his plan.

“Yoongi is 20 years-old, almost 21. We, my co-workers and I, we may not find Yoongi’s profession stable to have custody of Jimin, but they had always said that once Yoongi turned of legal age, they’d leave the Kims’. You, on the other hand, Taehyung-ah, legally, you won’t be considered an adult until the age of 20.” Ms. Kim looked away from the boy before her when she saw someone heading their way. She smiled. “Do you remember what I told you about your mother?” she asked gently.

Taehyung was thinking this woman was seriously crazy. Many places and things consider 18 the legal adult age, so why is this lady telling him he has to spent another two years where he doesn’t want to live?

“What about her?” he turned to see if Lisa had fallen asleep since her cries had softened so much.

“After years of searching for your family,” she smiled towards the boy when his head snapped in her direction, jolting Lisa awake. “He didn’t know you existed until a few weeks back and he’s been dying to meet you.” Ms. Kim stood from her seat and walked over to Baekhyun, who had been standing nervously a few feet away.

Taehyung followed his social worker with his eyes as she moved only to land on a smaller and older version on himself. He had messy light brown hair, about two shade lighter then him, his eyes glistened with tears. The shorter male had a smaller nose but their resemblance was uncanny.

“Taehyung-ah, this is Byun Baekhyun and he’s your older brother.”

Tae stood from his seat as he stared at the other. This was too much at one time. He should run. His instinct is telling him to room and not look back. But before he could even take a step, the shorter male places two warm hands on his cheeks. The tears that were pooling in the other’s eyes spilled free. The warmth that left those hands and seeped into his cheeks was similar, if not, greater than the warmth that came from Jimin, Yoongi, Seokjin, and Jungguk. He wanted to compare it to the warmth that he received from his foster parents but this man surpassed it.

He yearned for that type of warmth. The type that a parent would give their child since birth. True love and warmth. Hesitantly, he wrapped his arms around the other and held him – Baekhyun hugged him back just as tight.

“You’re finally home, Taehyungie,” sobbed Baekhyun as he held his brother close.

**

The eldest and youngest of the Kim siblings had joined the rest of those waiting for any news on Jimin. Seokjin had forgotten to contact his parents and when he finally did, it seemed like it had been hours since he called and spoke with his father.

And that’s where Mr. and Mrs. Kim found them when they had entered the hospital that morning. Yoongi was sitting between Hoseok and a young girl they had never seen before. The girl had her arms wrapped around their son’s middle, her head resting on his shoulder, and holding Hoseok’s hand over his lap. Hoseok was doing the same. Next to the girl was a woman younger than Mrs. Kim holding Yoongi’s hand over the girl’s lap – her while form fitting white dress was painted red. Next to her was a man whose white dress shirt was also painted black. They couldn’t deny that he looked like Jimin in the angle he was sitting. A few sets away from them they saw Taehyung sitting with Namjoon, Jennie, Baekhyun, another man, and a young girl they didn’t know.

“You did this!!!” shouted Mrs. Kim, storming her way towards Hoseok. She ignored how broken he looked. She ignored his tear stricken face as she cursed his existence. “You filthy lowlife!!!! You ruined my son’s life!!!!” she shouted.

Everyone who was sitting around them looked up at her, shocked by how disruptive she was being in the moment. Hoseok, being the kind-hearted, not a single bad bone in his body type of guy, let every word that attacked him seep in. He believed her too. Unlike his friends, he didn’t grow up in a wealthy or middle class neighborhood. He didn’t grow up with two parental figures in his life – his mother being a single mother of two who worked various jobs for long hours to support her kids’ dreams. He started street dancing and rapping at a young age.

But he doesn’t regret it. He met the world’s best people and who he considers the love of his life, Jimin. The 18-year-old boy who is fighting not only for his life, but their baby’s life as well. It’s the same boy he promised to protect, only to be distracted by the cheers and claps of his fans. He failed. He failed as a boyfriend. His baby wasn’t even born yet and he already failed as a father.

So, he just let head fall forward as new tears began to spill from his eyes silently.

Yoongi saw his foster mother storming their way as she shouted who knows what. The way she suddenly felt it was okay to act like a ‘mother’ rubbed him the wrong way. Where was she when Jimin went to her for help? She kicked him out! He didn’t care if she didn’t want him living here anymore since her responsibility over the 20-year-old was no longer needed. But Jimin? He still needed the guidance for a mother figure in his life and she denied him that privilege.

No, she shouldn’t be here crying and making a scene when she was being a !!!!

A loud cracking sound broke the trance Mrs. Kim had everyone in.

Rose stood before her friend’s mother. Her arm still in the air from the slap she had given Mrs. Kim. She was nothing short of pissed off. Hoseok had done nothing wrong!!! And for her to blame something no one new about on him was unforgiveable!!!

“How dare you talk to him like that!” he snarled at the elder woman ready to attack. “How dare you b-blame him for something he didn’t do!!” her voice broke. The emotions swirling within her confused her – anger, sadness, hopefulness, and many others that she didn’t know how to place. But one thing’s for sure, this woman is blaming the wrong person. “You weren’t there so you don’t know!!!!”

“Are you his , too!!” hissed back Mrs. Kim. “Did h-”

“Get.Out” his tone was so low, those around him almost missed him.

“What?!”

“I said, GET OUT!!!!” shouted Yoongi, his tone the loudest anyone that knows him has ever heard. “I don’t want you here. And, I’m sure as hell Jimin doesn’t want you here, either.” Yoongi stands from his seat to shield both Hoseok and Rose from his foster mother.

“You will not keep me from seeing…”

“HE IS NOT YOUR SON!!! WHY DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!!!”

“Don’t Yoongi-ah,” injected his foster father, trying his best to stop any further arguing.

“NO! She needs to in’ learn. Jimin and I aren’t her sons. Not once did she treat us like she treats Jin-hyung, Tae, Guk, and even Kris!!! Kris is the reason why Jimin is in here, Eomma,” the way he sneered the word was laces with so much venom, the way it hurt Mrs. Kim was unbearable. “You didn’t even bother to ask. You just assumed that it was Hoseok’s fault that this happened.

“And what makes you think he wants to see you?” he crossed his arms over his chest. His foster mother stayed quiet. “Exactly, he doesn’t.”

Everything was quiet as Yoongi and Mrs. Kim stared each other down. Yoongi knew he was right. Jimin wouldn’t want to see her – at least, not yet.

 

They weren’t sure how many hours had passed since Jimin had entered the O.R. No one has entered to tell them anything yet and everyone was getting restless. Daehyun, who hadn’t seen that Taehyung was also present at the hospital, let alone, notice that his agent was sitting not that far from him had been there the whole time – still proudly wearing his baby blue footsie pajamas and a thick winter coat.

As Daehyun has spoken with the detectives and officers who arrived on scene, he believes that if he wanted to know the motive for why his son was attacked his team must do a full investigation on everyone who was involved. He knows that his persona’ team will be able to figure something out. He and Baekhyun openly talked about the case – as far as even requesting a DNA test on Jimin as physical proof that he is both Gyuri’s and the director’s son.

How was he going to tell Yoongi that the boy wasn’t his biological brother and how was he going to tell Rose that her older brother was sitting under her nose for that past year or so?

Before he can come up with a plan to break the news, the surgon walks out to speak to them. They all sworn the poor name and bombard him with questions left and right. ‘Is Jimin going to make it? Is he okay? What about the baby? Did he lose a lot of blood?’

The doctor brings his hands up to halt everyone at once. “Everything was a success. Both Jimin and the baby are expected to do a full recovery. Unfortunately, his left lung collapsed on his way here but EMS was able to work quickly and take proper procession. Due to his injury, the oxygen the fetus was receiving was so low, their heart rate was dropping quickly. But they are both fighters and they were able to pull through.

“Since he is pregnant, we had to get in contact with his physician on the baby. They are placing him in observation, right now. He’ll be in anything from one hour to two depending on how his post op. vitals are. Only two family members allowed right now,”

Before he could even finish that statement, both Yoongi and Rose wear already following the nurse towards their brother. Rose held Yoongi’s arm as they walked. He was the only thing keeping her grounded at this moment.   

Upon entering the area where Jimin was at, Yoongi felt his blood rush to his feet. He looked so fragile and tiny in that huge medical bed. His golden lock haloed his head, he skin was so pale now they finally had something similar. He was tucked in so tight that the cover hugged his body leaving nothing to their imagination. Even that small swell just below his stomach.

There were so many wires and tubes around Jimin, Yoongi felt like yanking all of them off as he yelled in frustration. Jimin shouldn’t be here. He should be at home sleeping or watching a cheese Christmas movie as he sipped hot coco.

Rose on the other hand, couldn’t hold her tears. Jimin’s beautiful honey toned skin was white. She had found him so beautiful when they met. The was his hair flowed so nicely in the breeze. How his eyes disappeared when his laughed that contagious laugh of his. The crinkle of his nose.

“They had to use you did, Oppa. All this time, Eomma and I were thinking you were dead while you were with me the whole time. You were by my damn side this whole time and I didn’t recognize you at all. But you don’t look like mom, how I do. We finally found you,” she took his hand in hers and kissed his knuckles. I always had my Oppa with me,” she smiled to herself. “My brother.”

Nope, she’s lying. Yoongi and Jimin have the same mother. Their parents used to tell them stories of when they were smaller. He remembers the way his mother used to say that Jimin liked making things difficult for himself since birth.

He walks up to Jimin and takes his opposite hand, “You better bet well quick, Jiminie. We all need to see you, sunshine!!! I need you,” he mumbled.

 

Everyone switched turns in visiting Jimin after he had been moved to the ICU. Hoseok and Yoongi would stay every night making sure that no one besides his appointed nurse of doctor would enter his little brother’s room.

Rose’s words still playing in his head. ‘We thought you were dead while you were with me’.