Chapter one

Please don't let me go

(Pov of Joonie's journal) 

 

Monday: We moved here last week and today was my first day at my new school. There was a boy in my class who sat in the back, never looked up, never moved. This is becoming a typical horror movie. 

Tuesday: I asked the boy his name today and saw his face for the first time. I'm glad to know he's an actual person (not a ghost like in the movies) he said his name is Jungkook. He looked a lot younger than me, so I'm wondering how he got into a higher grade. 

Wednesday: No one seems to notice Jungkook. I feel sorry for him. Having no friends is difficult. I tried making conversation with him today but he seems he doesn't like to talk. He has a notebook like mine... but he doesn't seem to write like a normal person would in a journal. He just sits there, writing "hyung" over and over again. 

Thursday: I asked Jungkook about his hyung and he whispered about a car crash and how he should've helped his hyung... this place gives me the chills. Not just jungkook and not just the school but this whole town. The wind seems to never stop blowing and the way it howls through my windows sounds like lost souls screaming for help. Eomma and Appa said that the house is over a century old... that explains a lot. But the air... it's like there's something- wrong? Eomma said that it's my imagination. No "lost souls" no boy named jungkook. She said "you're fifteen years old Namjoon. You need to stop worrying about your imaginary friends and your bullsh*t. Put down that be damned diary of yours and help around the house!"