038

7 Bangtan Princes

"Hana, wake up." Namjoon shook my shoulder. "Hana."

"Mm?" I opened my eyes a little, squinting at the light from the window. 

"We're going for breakfast." 

"Huh?" I sat up and stretched, glancing around to see no one else but Nana and Namjoon. "Where is everyone else?"

"They're already down there." Namjoon smiled a little, rubbing my messy bedhead. "Yoongi made sure that no one woke you up because he wanted you to sleep longer. I stayed back to make sure someone did wake you up eventually though. Nana as well."

"Ah thanks.." I sighed. "Where are we meeting?" 

"The breakfast bar just down the beach a little."

"I'll meet you there then. You two can go ahead."

Nana gave me a smile. "Are you feeling better this morning? You fell asleep pretty fast and you didn't even stir when the boys all got up and got ready." 

"Yeah, I guess so. I kind of have a headache." I admitted. "But I'm excited to go hiking." 

"I am too. It's my first time."

"Same!" I smiled, climbing out of bed.

"I feel we'll make great friends." Nana gave another bright smile. "We'll see you there, hm?"

"Yeah." I nodded, watching the two of them leave. Something is going on between them still. I can see it. They're always together as well..

I sought out my bag and got around some clothes, heading into the bathroom to wash my face up real fast. Is everyone just over what happened last night? Will it be awkward?

What about Yoongi? What will we do now? 

I don't know anything. I'm just going to play dumb so I can avoid more fighting. 

I'm sure Namjoon was just angry last night and mentioned cancelling the contract. But if he is serious, I want to try and show him that I will be able to stay. 

Checking myself over and over in the mirror, I gave a small sigh and left the minbak, shoving my hands into my hoodie as I walked. 

"Hana, wassup?" Hoseok bounded over to me and joined my side, startling me slightly. 

"Oh, Hobi-ah, where'd you come from? I thought you were there already."

"I came back to make sure you don't get lost. I was worried." He grinned widely. "Are you better today? I'm sorry that it was rough for you yesterday."

"Yeah, I'm over it." I latched onto his arm and pouted. I wonder how this will pan out. "Are you excited to go hiking?"

"Yeah! Beyond excited." Hoseok answered easily. "It'll be chilly but it'll be fun." 

"Hopefully we'll lose Taehyung in the woods." I joked. "What if he starts a fight up there?"

"Then we'll lose him in the woods." Hoseok shrugged like it was simple and then laughed when I gave him a disappointed look. "What?" 

"We can't do that. He was so sweet to me for so long. He just snapped last night." I sighed again. "But even so, I could tell he was more hurt than angry." 

"You're such an understanding person. That's why I like you." He tore his arm away and slung it around my shoulder playfully. "I'm here for you." 

"I feel sorry towards you too.. Because I can't return your feelings."

"Don't feel sorry." He sighed. "It just wasn't meant to be. I was meant to be your super supportive friend and that is what I'm happy doing for you."

"I don't deserve you." I grinned up at him, slinging my arm around his waist in return. "You're so sweet." 

"I know." He boggled his head, opening the door for me. "Let's go in. It's a buffet so eat as much as you wish. We'll get everything around for our hike when we return." 

We entered and found the boys seated at a table in the middle, taking our seats with them. 

"The boys were impatient waiting for you and got food." Namjoon explained, motioning to Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung eating away. 

"That's fine." I gave a slight nod, meeting Taehyung's gaze for a split second before turning it onto Yoongi. His headphones are in and he's tuning everybody out. He hasn't even noticed that I am here, has he?

"Let's eat then." Nana clapped her hands together and got to get her plate, Namjoon stumbling out of his chair to follow. 

Jin clicked his tongue at them and marched off after them. Hoseok turned and gave me another slight shrug, both of us getting up to get food now as well. 

"I'm so excited to hike." I mumbled to Hoseok as we went for similar food. Similar tastes. 

"Me too~ It'll be so refreshing." 

"And tiring."

"Yeah true." He nodded. 

We stacked our plates and then sat back down, Yoongi still not sparing a look up and even had his eyes closed this time. I wanted to ask someone about him desperately but I was afraid it would start something so I just ate my food helplessly, half-mindedly listening to the other boys talk amongst each other.

"Nana, have you been hiking?" Jimin asked. 

"No."

"Jungkook goes hiking like every day in the Summer." Jimin spoke again. "He loves hiking. It's his addiction. But he's never hiked here." 

"More or less." Jungkook grumbled. 

"That doesn't mean anything." Namjoon sighed. "You either have or haven't."

"Hana, what about you?" Jimin turned his eyes to me and brought the entire table, all but Yoongi of course, with their eyes on me as well. 

I nearly choked with shock and glanced around with a mouth full of food. "What?" I mumbled around the food, causing a short chuckle from Hoseok. 

"She's not listening." Hoseok grinned, patting my back a little as I swallowed my food and chugged the glass of water I had.

"You'll be in the front of the group." Jungkook looked over at me and smiled his cute little bunny smile. "With me, Jimin, and Hobi hyung." 

"Yoongi and Namjoon usually bring up the rear. But the middle varies." Jimin further explained. 

"We've never gone hiking as a group." Hoseok looked to me as well and shook his finger playfully. "We just always walk a certain way when we're all together so we're using that same method, basically."

I nodded but said nothing.

"She's awfully quiet today." Jin sighed. "I miss her blabber mouth." He got up and left to go get another plate.

"Yah." I tsked.

"I would be too." Hoseok took my side easily, sending a short glare to Taehyung before replacing his eyes with warmth once more as he looked back to me. "Hana wants to stay with us." He reads my mind easily. "And you threatened her with cancelling the contract." Namjoon met Hoseok's look. How'd he even know? He wasn't in the room yet. 

"What kind of monster are you?" I hissed. "How'd you even know about all this?" 

Yoongi's eyes flickered open and his glanced up lazily. Can he hear anything? Does he actually have music playing? Duh, why else would he have earphones in? 

"I just know you. Besides, word gets around." Hoseok slipped an arm around my shoulder and Yoongi's eyes closed once more. 

Is he not going to eat? He needs to eat if he's going hiking..

But, again as if reading my mind, Jin returned with his plate and put it down in front of Yoongi, yanking an earbud out of his ear. "Eat. I don't need to deal with you passing out during the hike." 

Yoongi gave him a side glare before sitting up and obeying easily, putting the earbud that Jin had ripped out back in. Jin sat down with a satisfied smirk and glanced at me, mouthing: "Happy?" 

I lowered my head, not wanting to finish my food for once. Hoseok's arm fell away from my shoulders and he leaned closer. "Smile. Have fun now and worry later." 

Being bubbly and smile-y might work for you, Hobi.. But it doesn't work for me. I don't have the drive to force myself to act fine if I'm not fine. 

I'm just so lost and hurt and confused.. I don't understand any of it.

And for once in my whole ing life...

I want to talk to my brother about it.

I want to talk to Hyun Ki about everything. 

--

"Holy.." I panted, pausing for a second. 

Jungkook looked at me and laughed, holding his stomach to keep the pain at bay. "Tired already?" 

"Yeah." I laughed a little with him. "But who cares?" I began to move again so they did as well. Being in the front line . I couldn't just stop and catch up later cause they all would notice and stop. 

"All we're seeing is bamboo and trees." Jimin complained. 

"Just wait until we get higher up." Hoseok glanced ahead of us. 

"Hobi is telling us to wait?" Jimin gasped. "The most impatient of us all.."

"He's actually pretty patient." Jin sighed. "He just seems impatient because he gets so excited."

"True." Namjoon agreed. 

I glanced back to look at them, noticing Yoongi and Taehyung trailing a bit behind us all. But they seemed as if they were talking amongst themselves calmly so I couldn't really protest much. 

"What're you looking at?" Hoseok put an arm around my shoulders again and smiled down at me, filling my body with warmth. "Don't look at them. It'll only make you upset." 

"I know this. I just wanted to make sure they were both alive." I put an arm around Hoseok's waist per usual. "This is really relaxing though." 

"I love it." Hoseok breathed, glancing around the woodland. "Hopefully we get lost."

"Why?"

"So we don't have to go back to the city. It's very much like a cage.. A cage that makes it hard to breath because of stress and pollution." 

"I agree but I still would take it over being lost." 

"As long as I'm not alone, I would love to disappear some day. Just go completely off the grid, be who I want to be, and just let loose with my friends."

"But you want to be an idol. Idols can't do that."

"I know this, silly. I'm just saying that if things don't work out, I would totally do it." He boggled his head a bit and giggled. "But I have people I would miss." 

I would totally go off the grid with you.

Maybe I'll do that after the contract. 

Travel far away and have no contact with anyone for a year.. Then I could come back and try to get a hold of the boys again. 

I might just do that.

"Jungkook, Jimin, pause real fast." Jin called, glancing behind. "Yoongi and Taehyung disappeared."

The group halted and looked back, surprised. "They were just there.." I remarked, astonished at how fast they disappeared. 

"Yoongi pulls disappearing acts all the time." Namjoon mumbled.

"But we're hiking, Namjoon." Jin scolded. "I can't lose anyone today."

"Hey, Hana said we could lose Taehyung in the woods so it's okay." Hoseok laughed, slipping away from me and joining Namjoon and Jin's side.

"Lies. I only joked." I grumbled, crossing my arms to my chest. "Should we just wait then?"

"No sense in continuing without them." Jin sighed. "Why couldn't they just keep up?" 

I looked to Jungkook. "We could break into groups." Then I looked back to Jin for confirmation. "We could take pictures and stuff. We'd cover more ground and see more things if we split up and take pictures." 

"You want to split up?" Jin gave me a funny look. 

"Well, no. But I don't want to stand here all day." I protested, joining Jin's side as well. "Why doesn't one of us just go get them?" 

Hoseok gave me a calm look. He knows that I'm too afraid to do it myself. He sees right through me, just like with everything else. "I'll do it." Hoseok smiled, his eyes still locked with mine. 

"You're apart of the love affair so don't start anything." Namjoon called after him when Hoseok skipped back the way we came. 

What if he gets lost? Well, I'm sure the boys aren't that far behind. 

"I'm going with Hobi!" I panicked anyways and hurried after him. 

"YAH! That is a horrible idea! The four of you!?" Jin yowled after me but I ignored him.

I know, it is. But I don't want Hobi to be alone. 

I linked arms with Hoseok, panting. "I'm coming too."

"I heard. You have a loud voice that carries." He mocked, playfully. 

"They probably aren't far." I unlinked my arm and held his hand instead, entwining our fingers together easily for comfort. "We'll just get them and go." 

"Hey Hana." He sighed, growing serious. "I think differently from the other group members.. They all believe you should get over your feelings for Yoongi."

I flushed a bit. Why is he talking about this so suddenly?

"I wanted to tell you where I stood on this topic this morning but I couldn't find the right time. Now is it." He smiled a little. "We have about 3 months, maybe a tad bit less now, until the contract ends. I think you should follow your heart and treasure the 3 months. If your love is strong enough and develops to be something serious, then parting for a year would only be a minor bump in the future. Just because you part, doesn't mean you can't come back. Think of it as a long vacation." 

"Hobi.."

"I really wish it was me you loved.." He squeezed his hand, sniffled a bit as his eyes got glossy. "But I truly just want everyone to be happy. I can support you as a close friend and I will forever do that for you and treasure you that way. But.. You're not happy. And I truly believe that if you and Yoongi try.. You two could become very happy." 

I stared at the ground as we trekked along the narrow path. I wish I didn't have to hurt you. You act like you're fine but you're so hurt..

He sniffed once more and laughed. "Look, I'm getting all serious. Anyways, I think you should ignore what the others are saying and go for it. Yoongi is a difficult person to love or even to get close to in the first place. But you're already close with him and he even loves you in return. It would be upsetting to see the affection you two share for each other go to waste." He glanced at me and then back in front of us, rubbing his eyes a bit with his free hand. "I don't know much about Yoongi's family but I know enough to know that he doesn't really have one. I think it would be amazing if you could fill that spot for him and just be with him.. I truly think you two should just screw everything else and be together. If it doesn't work out, then the year off from us would seem like a gift, right?"

"You're too sweet..." I sighed. "You're hurting but all you want is for me to be happy. How--"

"Just be happy. If you're happy, then I'm happy." He gave another smile. "I'm not like Taehyung. When I say these things, I mean it. Taehyung's desires blind him. But I know when enough is enough so you can trust my words to their full potential." 

"I always do, Hobi."

"I'm glad." He sighed with relief, rubbing his eyes again. "Follow your heart and be happy, okay? You might have to kick Yoongi a few times before he'll agree to do the same. But I believe you'll regret it if you don't."

I giggled. "I'll kick all of you." 

Hoseok gave a slight chuckle as well and pointed ahead of us. "There they are."

I looked that direction as well. They were just simply standing there. Taehyung was looking one direction and Yoongi was looking the other. Their mouths moved but their expressions were calm. 

I'm glad.

Hoseok's hand slipped away from mine and he bolted over to them, jumping onto Taehyung's back and screaming loudly with joy. 

"Yah, yah.. Too loud.." Yoongi yowled in return, plugging his ears.

Taehyung broke into laughter and reached his arms back to keep Hoseok in place on his back. "Hobiiii~" 

I'm so glad Taehyung and Hobi have put things aside.. Now I just hope nothing brings any of them apart anymore.

Taehyung and Hoseok laughed and joked about things, not paying attention to me. And I was fine with just standing there and watching. It was amusing. 

But I soon found out that I wasn't unnoticed anymore. Yoongi was watching me with an unreadable expression. What is he thinking? How does he feel when he looks at me? Is he upset? Should I follow my heart like Hobi said to? 

Would he let me? 

He told me that he wouldn't... 

Can I change that? 

Eventually, Taehyung dropped Hoseok, startling me as I hurried to check if Hoseok was already. 

"What a jerk.." Hoseok groaned, rubbing his elbow, glaring up at Taehyung. "You could've gave me a heads up." 

"Are you okay?" I asked, hesitantly. 

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it!" Hoseok giggled and stood up, brushing the dirt off of his clothes. 

Taehyung looked at me with round eyes before edging into a smile. "Hana, I'm sorry for last night. Forgive me?" 

"Of course." I nodded, giving his shoulder a few pats. "Don't hurt Hobi next time though." 

"Yeah." Hoseok pouted playfully. "Come on, the guys are annoyed that you two disappeared like this." 

"Yoongi wanted to look at something so I stayed with him so he wouldn't get lost or eaten by a bear." Taehyung grumbled. "And we talked about things." 

"If you want to look at things, you can just tell us to stop.." I mumbled, meeting his steady gaze again. "We don't want to lose you." 

Yoongi's head cocked to the side a bit and he cleared his throat, pushing past the three of us to continue up the path to the others. 

Is he upset? 

"He's annoyed." Hoseok whispered, once again reading my mind. 

"Again, how are you reading my mind?"

"You're predictable." Hoseok stuck his tongue out. "He annoyed because he doesn't know where you two stand anymore. You both had your feelings thrown all over the place without a proper confession.." He coughed and glared at Taehyung with another glare. "So I would advise talking to him about it." 

"You just love being a love coach, huh?" I joked, tredding carefully so that I didn't hurt him. 

"It's his only hobby." Taehyung mumbled, sliding his hand in with mine. "I'm holding your hand this time." 

"Just no fights, please?" I pleaded, enjoying his warmth. How are these two giving me so much warmth? Yoongi's hands are always so cold.. 

"Of course, princess." Taehyung smiled and dragged us back up the path, Hoseok following close behind. 

How did I get into this mess? 

"Welcome back." Jin glared at Taehyung and I's joined hands but said nothing. "Now that we have everyone, let's go." 

"It's so early in the morning still. We have time." Taehyung mumbled. "Stop rushing!" 

"Says the one who could easily get lost." Jimin tsked. 

Hoseok returned to the front with Jungkook and Jimin but this time I was forced in the back between Taehyung and Yoongi since Taehyung refused to let go of my hand.

Nana glanced back at me and offered an encouraging smile as we began moving once more. 

"Taehyung, can we stop now?" I asked quietly. "Your hand is sweaty.." 

Taehyung glanced down at me with a smirk. "I don't wanna." 

"Tae." 

"Tae?" He grew flustered. 

"--Hyung." I finished quickly, flushing as well. I slipped. "Taehyung, please." 

Taehyung eventually let go, still flushed about me calling him Tae. Rubbing his shoulder awkwardly, he glanced at me again. "Are you going to go back to the front?"

"I'll stay back here a bit." I mumbled, looking over at Yoongi to find him taking pictures of the nature around us. I didn't know he was one for pictures. 

"He's saving the emotion." Taehyung whispered.

"Huh?"

"He's taking a picture of nature with differing emotions so that he can write a song that will communicate these different emotions he's capturing." Taehyung explained. "Everything has emotion. You just have to be willing to see it."

"How do you know that is what he's doing?"

"He told me back there. He only takes pictures to capture emotion that he'll use in song writing. Sometimes he keeps the pictures afterwards." He shrugged. 

"That's cute." I spoke to myself, smiling slightly. 

Yoongi looked at me and smirked, causing me to flush immediately. He heard that? Is he an eagle? He hears everything.. Once he saw and registered my reaction, he went back to looking for just the right picture to take. 

"Look! A bunny!" Jimin pointed out as the bunny bolted across the path in front of me, a screech of surprise coming from my lips. 

Everyone burst into laughter, even Yoongi who tried to hide his laughter by biting his lip. 

"Scared of a bunny?" Jungkook teased.

"She's scared of your brothers, Jungkook!" Taehyung laughed. 

"Huh?" I held my racing heart. "It just surprised me."

"Jungkook looks like a bunny, especially when he smiles." Jimin explained. "So we call every bunny we see, his brother." 

"What if it's a girl..?" Taehyung mumbled. 

"Who cares?" Jin joked. "Jungkook is a bunny and all the other bunnies are his brothers."

"Don't assume the bunny's gender." Taehyung laughed again.

I did notice that Jungkook resembled a bunny when he smiled.. How cute. 

"It's very similar to how we call Hobi a horse. He looks like a horse with his long face." Jimin mocked.

"Yah.." Hoseok pouted. "I don't like that." 

I think they've mentioned this to me before. They just must not remember. But he's a hot horse regardless.

"And Taehyung is an alien because he always looks like he's in a different universe." 

"I don't like that either.." Taehyung pouted. 

"Funny." I sighed, ignoring the rest of their conversation and focused on Yoongi. "How many pictures do you take?" 

"Not very many get kept." He sighed as well, keeping his eyes focused to the woodland beside us and away from me. 

"Can you send me some? You take good pictures and my phone is in the bag Namjoon has." I asked, kindly. "Hm?" 

"Sure." He turned his eyes to me and took a picture of me before I could react. "Want that one too?" He smirked again and focused back on the woodlands. 

"Y-yah, I wasn't ready for that! Delete it!" I protested. 

"No, I'm keeping that one." He chuckled. 

"Yoongi.." I whined. "I'll let you take a better one."

"But then it'll be fake."

"Huh?"

"This is a raw emotion picture. It means more than when someone poses for a picture because then they're faking emotion." He mumbled. 

"Raw emotion?" 

He nodded, putting his phone away for the moment. "Do you still want me to delete it?"

Well yeah but.. How could I tell you otherwise now? I didn't respond and ignored his snicker of victory. 

He's pretending like yesterday never happened.. Just like how he pretended that we never kissed. 

I don't know whether I'm disappointed or not.

"Hana, your legs okay?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah, they're fine." 

"I think we're done going up hill for a little bit. The path is veering this way towards the woods and it doesn't look very hilly." Jin responded.

"Sweet!" I grew excited again, looking to Yoongi. "Are you excited yet?"

"I'm tired." He huffed, rubbing his eyes. "I would love to take a nap." 

"As always." Taehyung grumbled, going to the front with Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook. 

"Nap later." I teased, slowing my pace a bit. 

"Why are you slowing down?" Yoongi glanced back at me.

"I want to talk to you. I'm putting a little bit of distance between us and the guys." 

Yoongi slowed down as well and left a bit of distance between us and the group like I wanted. "About what? Last night?" 

"Yeah, I wanted t--"

"Don't listen to Taehyung." He cleared his throat awkwardly.

"But.. You like me, right?" 

I watched as a bit of pink inched into his cheeks. "Y-yeah. I suppose so." 

"And I.. Like you." I flushed as well. "So what are we?" 

We both fell silent, focusing on the guys in front of us who were joking and laughing amongst each other, not giving a damn about anything we were doing. Which was always good. 

"I don't know." Yoongi admitted. "But I'd prefer not to be anything. I told you why last night."

"I remember." I sighed. "But.. Can't we be something? Just for a little bit?" 

"That sounds very unfair and unpleasant." 

"We could try to be something for the 3 months we have left.. If we get serious then we can think of the year we have to spend away from each other as a vacation and then return and be happy still.." I recalled what Hoseok told me earlier. "And if it doesn't work out.. Then we can thank the year we have separating us so we can move on." 

He hesitated. "That isn't the only reason why I don't want to start something with you." 

"Is it because you don't love yourself? And you feel it unfair to me?"

He nodded. 

"I can help you love yourself." I forced a smile, trying to hold his hand but only having him slip away from me. "I was going to move on and ignore these feelings for you.. But I've been convinced to go for what I want for the remaining months. And what I want is you. You can give me all of your attention and feelings like you said last night, I won't be burdened. In return, I'll give you the same and help you love yourself. Just give it a chance. I think you'd regret it if you don't." I winced at his gesture of moving away from my hand. 

"You can't help someone love themself if they don't wish it." Yoongi mumbled. "I told you, I'm not interested in starting anything with you. I like you, so what? I'll get over it." 

My heart felt achy again so I stopped pressing the issue. Even knowing his feelings towards me, I'm not happy because he still rejects me. 

Hobi.. I'm trying. I don't want to regret it. I don't want to make you upset.. 

I should just forget my feelings like I wanted. I can't pretend I didn't hear Hobi but I can always say that I tried and it just didn't work.. 

I just want to cry, curl in a corner and cry so that I can relieve all the stress and bottled up emotions I have. 

"Can I ask a question?" I sighed after a while. 

"Hm?" 

"Am I that meaningless to you? You treat this whole thing like having feelings for me is horrible. I understand why you don't want to.. But then you go and say that it's whatever that you like me and that you'll easily forget about the feelings you have.. You talk so belittling of your feelings, if they are even strong then I don't know, towards me and I can't help but be upset about it. So I just want to know why liking me is such a bad thing."

"That isn't what I'm saying." Yoongi frowned. "I just don't want to start anything that will make.." He stopped talking. 

"What? Will make what?" 

He clenched his fists a bit, looking down at the ground. "..Make you hate me. When people don't work out, they don't see each other anymore. You've become a lifeline for me and I honestly don't.. Want that to change." 

A thin smile appeared on my lips. "Are you being soft right now?" 

"W-what?" 

"Look at the change in events.. You're all soft and flustered.." I teased. "Can't you just give us a shot? Just for 3 months? We can keep it from the others. It can be a secret."

"What a secret." He scoffed, getting over his flustered self immediately. "Why don't we just drop the subject for now?" 

"You are so difficult." I mumbled. "But I'm honored to know that you fell in love with someone like me." 

"That should me saying that.." He grumbled, meaning for himself but I still heard it and smirked a little. 

I guess it's a little bit of a step. We're still nothing but we're not denying our feelings anymore. 

Someday we'll figure things out. 

I just hope it's sooner than later. 

"WHOA!" Hoseok screamed, bolting away from the path a bit and stumbling around like an elephant. 

"What, what?" I asked, alarmed at the sudden commotion as I caught up with them. 

Jungkook turned around with a snake, his hand clutching it just behind the head so it couldn't bite. I shivered a bit.

"Jungkook caught a snake!" Jimin clapped, excitedly. 

"Why?" I asked the question everyone else was wondering. 

"It was crawling around Hobi hyung so I picked it up. He got scared." Jungkook giggled, looking at the snake with his cute smile. "Can I keep it?"

"No! Put that thing down before you kill someone!" Jin wailed. "How could you just pick it up?"

"How could I not?" Jungkook pouted, patting the snakes head. "He's mad."

"I hate snakes." Hoseok whined, his eyes glossy with fear. 

"Awwh the poor baby!" I laughed, clinging onto Hoseok's arm to comfort him. 

"I'll put him down." Jungkook frowned, putting him down as he said and watching it slither off, Hoseok letting out a squeal of dismay as it slithered past him and I. 

"Snake it gone. The evil snake is gone." I teased, rubbing his arm. 

"I hate snakes." Hoseok repeated, clearing his throat with embarrassment as he straightened out and shrugged me off. 

"I don't like them but I don't hate them." I mumbled. "Let's keep moving, hm?"

"Ugh, yeah." Hoseok nodded, heading back to the front and keeping his distance from Jungkook. 

I stayed back with Yoongi and we got moving like usual. 

"I really wanted that snake." Jungkook whined. "I could've named him and everything." 

"He wouldn't want to be kept in captivity." Namjoon sighed. "Besides, Hobi would never look at you again if you did such a thing." 

"Worth it." Jungkook joked, putting an arm around his hyung. "I love you, man."

"Shut up. You have snake all over you." Hoseok shrugged him off and shivered. 

Yoongi tapped my arm and pointed to the right of him into the woods. I glanced around but didn't see anything. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You didn't see it?" He grumbled. "How blind are you, exactly?" 

"Very, apparently." 

"Hana, come here." Taehyung called. 

"Coming." I shared a glance with Yoongi and then jogged over to him, thankful we weren't traveling uphill at the moment. 

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Go for it." 

He leaned in towards my ear, his lips edging into a smile. "I like you more than Yoongi likes you." 

I smacked his shoulder and stomped forward. "Enough."

"I'm just teasing!" He wailed, catching up to me. 

I smiled a little as well. "I'm honored you fell for me as well but please, don't torture yourself with these feelings you have, hm?"

"Having feelings for you has saved me from leaving Korea. I think I'll hold them longer." 

"Ugh, Taehyung.. Why did you almost leave?"

"Because Dae Young is leaving." 

"Is she actually?"

"Yeah.." 

"Don't you dare leave with her."

"I'm not. Not anymore." 

"Good. What about Soo Young?"

"She's staying. She has a thing with Jimin and Jungkook to deal with." 

"Right." I nodded. "I know that one." 

"Why don't we pause here? We've been walking for a few hours." Namjoon announced just as we reached a clearing in the woods to see back down to the beach we came from. I glanced back a the way we came and smiled.

"We climbed a bit higher than I thought." I sighed.

"It's such a gradual climb in some parts that it's hard to notice until you really go back and look." Namjoon agreed. "We can sit here for a while and then continue later." 

"Sounds good to me." Nana smiled, plopping down in the grass just off the path. 

Namjoon and Jin sat with her. Jungkook, Jimin, and Hoseok sat down in their own little group a little bit further up from everyone else. And then Yoongi his heels and walked back the way we came until he was out of sight. 

Taehyung looked at me before sitting down in the middle of the path, dragging me down with him. "Do your legs ache?"

"A little but I don't move around like this much." I rubbed my neck. "It was chilly when we first came out here but now it's hot."

"Because you're moving and doing things." Jin added. 

"I know this, silly." I nodded again.

"Jungkook, where are we going to end up, do you know?" 

"Dunno. I heard from the locals that as long as we stay on this path, we could back to the beach without going the same way we came." 

"But it branches off." Jimin stated.

"So? We just gotta stay on the main path. Trust me, it's easy to figure out." 

"You say this but if we get lost then I'll hurt you." I threatened. Where'd Yoongi go? "I'll be back." I whispered to Taehyung, getting up a little. 

Taehyung grabbed my wrist, preventing me from standing, and looked me in the eye. "Don't go to him. Stay with me." 

"Taehyung.." I hissed. "Stop." 

"What if I don't want to?" He stuck his tongue out a bit, trying to look like he was playing around but it was very evident that he was not messing around. 

"Please? I'm just checking on him."

"Why do you have to check on him all the time?" 

"Because I have to, Taehyung." 

He let go of my wrist and frowned. "Then go." 

"Sorry.." I mumbled, awkwardly, as I stood up and went to find Yoongi, brushing off my bottom. 

He went a lot further than expected but he wasn't hard to spot once I walked the distance. I found him just leaning against a tree just off the path, his head down and his arms crossed to his chest. He's not having a very easy time, is he? Ever since we first arrived, he's looked like he was having issues with himself again. 

"What're you doing?" I asked, shoving my hands in my back pockets as I stood in front of him, smiling when he glanced up. 

But no sooner did he look up, did he put his head back down and let out a heavy sigh. "Why did you come back here? Don't you think there is a reason why I went so far?" 

"Of course. I've come to learn that Min Yoongi always has a reason for everything. Min Yoongi can't even like someone without a reason not to." I grumbled, biting my lip to keep from saying more. "So what is this reason?"

"I'm tired." He lied. 

"Liar."

"Well, I am tired." He lifted his head again. "But you're right, it's not the reason I came back here." 

"So?" 

He eyes met mine easily, his face full of empty emotion as his lips moved to say something that should've been somewhat touching for the meaning it intended but instead it just sounded empty. "You're driving me crazy." 

I stared at the ground. "You're really good at making what normally would be a very touching thing to say.. Into something I hate hearing." I met his gaze once more, coldly. "I'm sorry I screwed over your emotions. But do you see me belittling the ones I have for you? How much would it hurt you if I said the things that you're saying?" 

He didn't respond and just put his head down. "I told you, I'm not interested in anything so why must I sugar coat everything for you?" 

"There is a thing called empathy." I sighed. 

"Empathy?" He scoffed. "Why should I have empathy when no ones tries to have empathy for me?" 

"Because to you, empathy if the equivalent of pity." I scolded him gently. He can't see the truth if he's convinced people are out to get him. "I have a lot of empathy towards you, Yoongi. But you see it as pity and because of that, we have issues. Do we not?"

He didn't respond, having nothing to counter anyways. 

"Try having empathy towards me, hm? I've seen signs of you showing empathy towards the boys." 

"I don't appreciate being scolded, especially by you." 

I hung my head a little in defeat. "I'm tired of this... So tired." 

"Easy to get tired of people, isn't it?" He cocked his head mockingly to the side.

"I'm not tired of you. I'm tired of your twisted views towards people. You think everyone is out to get you.. And maybe that is your illness speaking, but I don't like it. It's so hard to combat against you without being fearful of you breaking." I explained. "All we seem to do is fight now. It's exhausting, isn't it?"

"And you want to try and start something with me when we can't even get along right now?"

True but the whole reason we can't get along is because we're both frustrated because of our feelings! This isn't something we can ignore.. Maybe we could before, before Taehyung tossed them out the window and made us aware of the other. But we can't now. 

"Fine. Then we'll see how long we can ignore the feelings we have then." I threw in the white flag, so sick of fighting. "I'll treat you like last night and today didn't happen and you'll do the same. No, let's go back to before you kissed me. Because I don't want to remember it." I'm lying. "And you shouldn't either." Why am I lying? 

"I can play these games." He pushed himself off the tree, angrily, and leaned towards me with a smirk on his face and coldness in his eyes. "This is what I do. I pretend things don't happen because I hate memories." 

Hate? He gave another sigh and went back up to the boys. Well. So much for doing what Hobi wanted. At least I tried. 

Can I really pretend nothing happened? 

I touched a finger to my lips and sighed. How could I forget the kiss we shared? He was so warm and passionate.. How..? 

I shook my head and stomped back up the path to the boys, ignoring Yoongi easily. "Hobi-ah.." 

"What?" Hoseok got up off the ground and smiled at me. "Did you try what I mentioned?" He whispered. 

"Yeah and it didn't work so now we're just doing exactly what we were going to do anyways." I pouted. "Who cares? Why would I want a jerk like that in my life?" 

Hoseok lifted his eyes from me to Yoongi, a faint frown drawing across his face. "He'll regret it." 

"Huh?" 

"He'll regret it." Hoseok's eyes went back to mine. "Just like how I regret not telling you how I felt sooner. Maybe things would be different." 

Maybe. 

Maybe things would be. 

 

Ah.. Results for my audition come out tomorrow. I'm very nervous. But, here is a *short* (I don't think 6600+ words is short BUT it is shorter than my other chapters.. Some of them) update! I have so much in store for the end of the story. I'm thinking of ending it around chapter 50.. But who knows? I enjoy writing it! ~PandaBiscuit~