026

7 Bangtan Princes

Jung Hoseok

 

"Guys, come on, just a little more!" I panted loudly, music blaring around us. "We have to get this dance down before tomorrow!" 

"Hoseok, let us have a 5 minute break and then we'll work some more.." Shin Cho panted as well, pausing in his steps and the others following, myself eventually doing the same thing. 

"Just for a bit." Bong Chol added in. "We'll get the dance down before tomorrow, don't worry." 

I nodded a bit. "Sorry. I'm taking out my frustrations on you guys. I met up with Taehyung before this and I ended up removing him from our groupchat." 

"It's fine." Kyu mumbled, shutting off the radio and crossing his arms a bit, even he was a bit winded. 

"Your issues are ours too. Talk it out when need be." Yong Soo smiled and patted my back. 

"Thanks." I nodded again, taking a seat in the back with my bottled water.

Is what Taehyung said today really true? Is Kyu following Hana? 

I doubt it. They talk but Hana and Kyu are friendly with each other so it shouldn't be a big deal.

If it is true, Yoongi and Taehyung are probably misunderstanding their relationship.

"Cheer up hyung.." Ho Jun kicked my foot lightly. "You've been lacking energy lately! I'm disappointed!" 

"Sorry, sorry." I laughed a bit. "I'm trying. I got a lot of things going on."

Ho Jun sat beside me and downed some water before speaking again. "Let me see... Family issues, busy practice schedule to try and debut, friend issues, girl issues... Don't tell me you have health issues too..." 

"I don't, luckily." I smiled widely, pushing his head a bit and laughing some more. "But that's about it. You don't truly live until you've undergone all sorts of issues. I guess I'm really living now." 

"Sure, whatever!" Ho Jun mocked a bit. "Want to vent a bit?"

"Nah, I'm good." I shook my head, finishing off my water and wiping the beads of sweat off my forehead with my towel. "Thanks though. For the youngest here, you're the most inclined to listen and always has something to say. I'm proud!" 

"My honor." He playfully bowed his head and we both laughed some more, telling joked here and there until my spirits were lifted and I was basically recharged with all sorts of energy. 

We danced a bit more and decided to break for the night, promising individual practice before we had to perform it for BigHit tomorrow.

We said out goodbyes and parted ways, Kyu watching me a bit before he, too, disappeared out the door. 

He is a power seeking guy after all... I just hope he doesn't bring down the group before we even had a chance to begin. 

--

Her hand smacked into my cheek, the sound echoing throughout the house. I froze in that position, completely astonished that my mother would hit me.

"What are you doing with your life right now?" She yowled. "BigHit turned you guys down! You got rejected! You failed! Now what? Still want to be an idol?" 

"I didn't fail yet... We just failed the first round..." I held my cheek but kept my head down, embarrassed. "We have many more to try and get through.. We just weren't ready today... We were so tired from yesterday after practicing for so long."

"What if you're never ready? Hoseok, honey, you can't throw away your life for something this far out of reach for you."

"I have talent mom."

"Not enough, apparently. You have a fiancèe, you need to support her too! How can you do that when you're trying to reach this unachievable goal?"

"I can do it, mom!" I yowled. "Hana supports me!"

"She supports you because she loves you! But deep inside, she wants a man who can support her! What will you do when she leaves you and you're left on the street? Huh?"

"It's only round one. We can win the next rounds, I promise you this." I hesitated. 

"You can't promise me anything, honey." She lowered her voice. "Listen, we love you with all of our hearts. But sometimes there is a point where we have to tell you no and that you won't achieve this goal of yours. That point was reached long ago."

I ignored the burning anger in my chest because I knew that this was a fair assumption. Yes. I might not ever be what I wish to be. But it is worth a shot. Just because I failed once, doesn't mean it is over. But she's worrying. She's my mother and she's worried. It hurts... But I'll take it. 

"Fine. I'll just have to show you then." I lifted my chin a bit. "Hana and I won't get married if I fail."

"What? Honey you can't risk that!" She panicked a bit. 

"I can and I will." I shook my head, leaving the her house against her pleas and getting in the car. 

I gave her another glance and then drove off, heading to the only place where I knew how to function when things got hard... My dance studio. 

Arriving there in no time, I hurried into the room and locked the door behind me, keeping the lights off with the faint glowing from underneath the door. And there, I sank to the floor with my back against the door, hiding my face into my knees. 

I didn't cry. I just sat there, thinking about everything.

I need to make amends with Taehyung but he also needs someone to scold him... If I scold him, he'll start to lean into the right direction. He just has to see my sincerity behind it. I want him to become himself again and to act like he cares about the world. I see it in him when he's with Hana. Just a little bit. Enough to make me overjoyed... And angry.

I also need to make amends with Hana... I was hurt and pushed her off rudely. She said she was most comfortable hanging out with me yet I did something like that to her. I feel horrible for it... But I can't help being hurt. I don't want her to know I was hurt but at the same time... I want to be comforted and told that everything is okay, especially now. 

But I don't deserve it. I need to fix my relationship with Taehyung before I can ask to be comforted. That's just how things work. 

My cellphone rang, bringing me out of my thoughts. I lifted my head and answered it easily. "This is Hoseok." 

"Such a formal greeting, I'm honored." Taehyung's hoarse voice sounded on the other end.

This is the first time in weeks that he has called me first. "I didn't know it was you." 

"Would you have ignored it if you did?" 

"Who knows?" 

"I thought I'd tell you once more and maybe you'd believe me this time." He changed the subject. "Kyu is trailing Hana. Yoongi thinks it's to find out more about why she has 7 engagement rings hanging around her neck all the time. Yoongi also thinks he is doing this to find something bad to say about you to your boss or whatever. Ask Yoongi if you do not believe me. But you should really know." 

I thought a moment. "I believe you." 

He didn't respond. 

"Taehyu--"

But he hung up before I could even say his name. Even though the line was dead, I still held the phone to my ear with an aching heart. 

"Taehyung, just hold on a bit more." I spoke the words I wanted to say to him into the dead-lined phone before I removed it from my ear and set it on the ground. 

I dialed Jimin's number, happy that he picked up so fast. "Yes Hobi?"

"Can you call Soo Young out to the gym? Say you'll meet her there but don't show up."

"Why?" Jimin grew a bit uneasy. 

"I need to talk to her about Dae Young." I picked myself off the floor and left my studio. "I have some things I need to vent about." 

"To Soo Young? Hyung, I feel like this is a horrible idea."

"Just do it, please?" 

"Hyung..." Jimin trailed a bit and then sighed. "I'll do what I can to get her there.. Just keep in mind that Soo Young isn't the one doing anything."

Mmm, so that is why Soo Young tried to hurt Taehyung as well and allowed herself to stick by his side when she knew he was using her. "I know, Jimin." 

I hung up just as I left the building, bolting to my car to avoid the chilly air. I waited until I received a text from Jimin saying that it was a success before I drove off towards the gym. 

My phone rang again and I quickly picked up, cautiously since I was still driving. "Hello?"

"Hobi! Do you want to hang out today?" Hana's voice caused my body to both relax and ache all at the same time. "I know you're mad at me, and I don't exactly know why, but let's get over it and see a movie, hm?" 

I gripped the steering wheel with frustration. Why did she have to call now? "When are you thinking?" I can wrap things up with Soo Young quickly and then meet Hana.

"How about in an hour and a half? We can meet at the theater near my old workplace." 

That's a little tight on time... But I think I can do it. "Okay. See you then."

"Yay! Bye, Hobi!" She hung up with excitement, a slight smile now hinting on my lips as I put my phone down.

I guess Hana is the most mature one out of us all. She doesn't even know what made me angry but she's willing to apologize for it. 

But it isn't her fault. It's mine for falling for her when I should not have.

I pulled into the lot and spotted Soo Young entering the gym. Right on time.. She looks so much like Dae Young from behind. 

I quickly headed into the gym as well, double checking Jimin's text that told me to meet her in the courtyard, and veered that direction. 

"Hoseok? That is you, isn't it?" She smiled a bit as I walked into the courtyard, stopping in front of her. "It has been a while since I've seen you. I'm meeting Jimin here."

"No, actually, you're meeting me here." I shrugged a bit. 

"Huh?" 

"I asked Jimin to call you out here so that I can talk to you." 

"Oh.." She grew a bit uncomfortable. "I was kind of hoping Jimin was the one asking for me..." 

So does she like Jimin or Jungkook? I can't tell anymore. Who cares? "Let's sit over here, hm?" I gestured towards the only bench in the courtyard. 

She nodded and we took our seat quickly. "So what is it? Dae Young?" She glanced at me. "Right?"

"Correct." I sighed. "Taehyung needs to be left alone.. She's done some serious damage to Taehyung." 

"What if I told you that she really does care for him?"

"How would you know? She's had another boyfriend the entire time Taehyung and her were dating. Now she's engaged and claiming to still like someone she cheated on?"

"She regrets it." Soo Young mumbled. 

I shook my head. "I don't think she does, honestly." 

"Well besides that point, what can I do about it? Taehyung played me too so why should I care?"

"You let him play you. You knew he was using you. That is completely different then playing someone when you are oblivious." I eyed her. "Don't tell me you're hurt over it. You really shouldn't be. You knew what he was doing and you let it happen."

She shrugged. "Just because I knew it happened, doesn't mean I wanted that to be going on. I cared for Taehyung."

"Liar." 

"Somewhat." She frowned a bit. "You know, I talked to Park Hana a while back. You know, when Taehyung embarrassed her in front of me." 

"Why are we talking about Hana?" Everything loops back to her with Taehyung and now Soo Young too. 

"Because you remind me of her." She tilted her head a bit and stared at the ground. "I guess when you like someone, you become like them, right?" 

How does she know? "I don't like her." 

"No? I guess Taehyung was wrong then." She pouted.

Taehyung was with her recently then. Taehyung... Why do you do this? "Doesn't matter." I sighed, frustrated. "Dae Young. Please keep your sister from Taehyung."

Soo Young stood up. "I can't keep her from anything but I guess I can say something." 

No use in arguing with her anymore. I guess this is as far as I can go with her. 

"Take me to get something to eat since you tricked me out here." 

"I have pla--"

"So did I, Hoseok." She frowned. "Just dinner and I'll even take myself home."

I nodded, reluctantly, and followed her out of the courtyard and through the gym, messing up my hair with frustration. 

"Meet you at the place I met you at, hm?"

"I don't remember what that place is, it was too long ago and insignificant for me to remember." I admitted, honestly. 

"Then I guess you better follow my car closely." She laughed, jumping in. 

I panicked and jumped into my car as well, pulling out after her. 

This isn't good. I only have an hour left before I'm supposed to meet with Hana. 

I'm so screwed. 

--

I glanced around the movie theater in a panic. I was supposed to meet Hana a half hour ago. I couldn't just ditch Soo Young... But maybe I should have.

I continued to look around but it was no use, she clearly wasn't here anymore. I fumbled for my phone but it wasn't there. .. I left it. 

Kicking at the ground, I sat down on one of the benches against the wall, hanging my head. How angry is Hana now that it looks like I stood her up? 

"Hoseok?" 

I glanced up and noticed, planned or not, Dae Young and her fiancè together. This had to have been planned. Too ironic. 

"That is Hoseok! I haven't seen you in a while." Dae Young smiled as she approached, letting go of her lover's arm. "Did you get stood up?"

I still didn't respond to her and instead just sat there. 

"You don't look to bubbly today. Finally run out of all the energy?" But yet she still pressed for conversation. "I heard you met with my sister today. Interested in her?" 

As if a wish was answered, I spotted Hana making her way towards the exit. "Goodbye." I said curtly and ran over to Hana, pushing through people. "Hana!" 

She looked up and stared at me, a faint smile on her lips. "You're late." 

"Sorry I--" 

"I heard she likes men that are serious." Dae Young interrupted me. "But since she was out with you, she must've changed her tastes." 

Hana gave an odd look.

Dae Young noticed and smiled a bit. "Hoseok was late because he was on a date with Soo Young. Isn't this two-timing?" 

"It wasn't a date." I snapped, glaring at Dae Young. "You've already ruined Taehyung's life, why don't you leave him and his friends alone?" 

She shrugged. "What else do you explain a late night dinner at a nice restaurant?" 

Hana broke the argument with a sigh. "Guys, seriously. Whether he was on a date or not, it doesn't matter." 

"Oh but.. He's your fiancè, is he not? Taehyung and all them too? You can't be seeing other people while engaged. Even if it's fake." Dae Young shook her head in disagreement. Says the two-timer herself. 

I glanced at Hana and noticed the hurt in her eyes. Is she hurt because she thinks I was on a date? Can't be.. She's probably hurt because I almost didn't show up.

But Hana, to my surprise, just ignored Dae Young and grabbed my arm, leading me out of the theater. 

I hesitated a bit. "Aren't we going to see a movie?" 

"The movie I wanted to see has already started." She sighed. "We can go have drinks instead. I'm in the mood for some now." 

"You don't need it though.." I protested as we paused on the sidewalk.

"Was it really a date?" She asked me, staring me dead in the eye. She's making me nervous when she stares at me like that... 

I shook my head, slowly, my heart racing with the inability to pull my gaze away from hers. "It wasn't. I called her out to tell her to keep Dae Young away from Taehyung. And then she forced me to go for dinner with her.. I left as quickly as I could but I was still late." 

Then she smiled again and my heart skipped a beat. "Then I don't need a drink. If you had been on a date and were late, then I'd be hurt. Because that means I was only second in your mind."

What does that mean? So she was hurt about me possibly being on a date? Does she like me? She doesn't. I know it. But what does she mean? 

"Stop thinking, it looks weird on you." She broke me from my thoughts. "Just be energetic and happy again." 

A smile immediately grew on my face. "Let's go do something else then." I boggled my head a bit, knowing that she liked when I did that. 

She giggled and nodded. "My Hobi is back~!" 

"My" Hobi... I loved when she says that... My Hobi. 

I just love it so much.

--

GROUPCHAT

Yoongi added Taehyung to the groupchat.

Namjoon: Welcome back, Taehyung

Jin: We missed you :( :( :( 

Jimin: Taeeeee :D 

Jungkook: Hi, Tae~~ are you done being grumpy?~ 

Taehyung: You guys are all a bunch of s. 

Namjoon: Quick, remove him

Jimin removed Taehyung from the groupchat.

Namjoon: I WAS KIDDING OMG YOU STUPID KID

Jimin added Taehyung to the groupchat.

Taehyung: What the guys

Jimin: sorry, I misunderstood :( I was said to remove you but it turns out Namjoon was joking

Namjoon: This idiot... How are you feeling Tae?

Taehyung: I feel like you don't care

Jin: Boooo we always care

Taehyung: Sure 

Me: I talked to Soo Young last night, Taehyung

Taehyung: Why? It's none of your business

Me: I also talked to Dae Young

Taehyung: Stay out of it

Me: I also talked to Hana 

Taehyung: Do I care?

Jimin: What is the point of this? 

Jungkook: 1. Hoseok wants to tick of Taehyung

Jin: 2. Hoseok is boasting, again, to tick of Taehyung

Yoongi: 3. You're all idiots and should just let the two argue it out. They need it.

Jungkook: Ehh.. Yoongi hyung..

Yoongi: (: 

Jimin: Hey guys, what is the date today? 

Namjoon: Why don't you just look on your phone?

Jimin: Fine, be that way

Jin: Yoongi, do you have any upcoming gigs? 

Yoongi: Hana is trying to get me one today. Why?

Jin: I wanna go to this one. I haven't been to one of your gigs in a while

Yoongi: K, I'll let you know when I do

Jungkook: Hana is so helpful for you, huh?

Yoongi: Yup. And now she gets paid good money

Jimin: Lucky Hana... /cry 

Me: Lucky for what? Money or Yoongi? :'D 

Taehyung: Money, idiot

Me: No really? 

Taehyung: You asked

Me: It was sarcasm. 

Taehyung: W.e

Me: W.e my . 

Jimin: No thanks

Jin: Jimin, stop 

Jimin: whhaaaat?

Me: By the way Jimin, Soo Young really wanted to meet with you yesterday. 

Jungkook: HOBI WHERE ARE YOU? 

Jin: Well that was a chnage of conversation

Me: What do you mean?

Jungkook: YOU'RE NOT AT YOUR HOUSE AND IT'S LIKE 9 IN THE MORNING! 

Me: Correct, I'm on the side of the road in front of BigHit. 

Jungkook: Oh. I thought you stayed the night with Hana.

Taehyung: Like Hoseok would do that

Me: What?

Jimin: I think that was a compliment

Namjoon: That was a compliment! Nice job Tae! 

Taehyung: W.e

Me: Thanks? 

Me: But no. My group and I have another round coming up. We're practicing extra hard for this one since we failed the first time.

Jin: Get it, Hobi! 

Namjoon: If you just went solo, you'd be famous and debuted already. You got enough talent. Singing, rapping, dancing... 

Taehyung: Too bad he's ugly.

Jin: Taehyung istg

Taehyung: You look like a horse

Jimin: Tae...

Jungkook: Then he is one handsome horse

Jin: Jungkook, do you like Hobi? 

Jungkook: No, I'm just sayin that if he looks like a horse, that is the best horse I've seen

Me: You guys are killing me

Namjoon: Are you actually dying or...? 

Me: Yes, totally

Yoongi: Sweet, me too

Jungkook: WhAT?

Me: He's kidding, Kookie.

Yoongi: Duh. Do you actually think I'm dying?

Jungkook: ....

Yoongi: Idiot

Me: Yeah, idiot! Hehe 

Jungkook: Well what do I do now? Mickey wants to go outside. 

Me: Sure

Jungkook left the groupchat. 

Me: what the heck?

Namjoon added Jungkook to the groupchat.

Jungkook: That was an accident

Taehyung: How do you accidently leave a group chat?

Jungkook: Hey, I did!

Me: Well, it takes some serious talent... To be an idiot

Jimin: Haaa

Jin: We love each other so much. 

Yoongi: I hate you all

Namjoon: We love you too, Yoongi.

 

Hobi isn't sunshine anymore without Hana.. But who has Hana's heart? Thanks for reading! ~PandaBiscuit~