018

7 Bangtan Princes

"I can't believe we're going home already." I pouted to Hoseok who sat beside me this time. "That week flew by.. Other than all the work I had to do for Jin's relatives." 

Hoseok shrugged and plugged an earbud into my ear and then one into his. "Relax, I'm tired." 

I leaned into Hoseok a bit and relaxed. Dozing a while before I being woken up when Hoseok's head slammed into mine. 

"Ow.." I whined, sitting up and rubbing my head a bit. 

Hoseok was asleep as well and didn't wake up even though our heads collided. I giggled a bit and turned around to see Jimin passed out as well but Yoongi wide awake. He turned and looked at me, unplugging himself. 

"What?" He asked quietly. 

"Do you have an extra neck pillow? Hobi fell asleep but he doesn't have a pillow." I mumbled quietly as well. 

He nodded and reached underneath his chair a bit, pulling out a neck pillow. "I don't need it." 

"Thanks." I smiled, taking the pillow, and turning back around. 

I carefully situated that pillow around Hoseok's neck without waking him before I plugged the earphone he offered earlier back in my ear and relaxed into him again, shutting my eyes. 

I wonder if Jungkook will be waiting for us at the airport. 

I doubt it. 

He has a lot going on, after all. 

--

"Baby sister!" Hyun Ki yowled as I dragged myself through my parents' door. "You're home!" 

Chico and Nova scrambled over to me and attacked with me and some hardcore tailwagging. 

"Hi, hi.. Hi.." I smiled widely and greeted the pups, sitting on the floor and petting him furiously. 

"So, was it fun?" Dad approached me, clearing his throat a bit. He wasn't happy that I went on the trip, mom either, but he couldn't help be curious. 

"It was fun." I sighed. "I'm really tired though.. I just got off the plane like an hour ago. And the timezones.." 

"I bet. Sleep here tonight." He helped me to my feet and forced a smile. "Your sister isn't here to greet you but obviously your brother is. Go greet him." 

"Ugh." I grumbled, dragging myself into the living room and waving at Hyun Ki and mom. "I'm home." 

Hyun Ki stared at me a long while and grinned widely. "Spill. You roomed with one of the guys, didn't you? Which one? Did you two have fun?" 

Mom smacked the back of Hyun Ki's head and sighed. "Hyun Ki, knock if off. Hana, did you have fun?" 

"I did." I sat in between the two and leaned into the couch, sighing again. "I'm so tired." 

"Was it fun?" Hyun Ki whispered in my ear but I was too tired to fight back. 

"Let's eat some dinner and then we'll let you rest." Mom patted my back. 

Food is the last thing I want right now.. 

--

"Hana? Are you home?" 

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Oh, right. I went home yesterday instead of staying with my parents. 

Stumbling out of my room and tripping over Chico a few times, I finally managed to make it to the door and opened it. 

Jungkook's eyes widened a bit and he cleared his throat. "Hana.. Did I wake you up?" 

"Ah.." I turned red instantly, trying to comb down my hair and straighten out my clothing. "Yeah.. Sorry.." 

"Can I come in? It's kind of cold.."

"Oh, yeah, come in." I clumsily moved out of the way for him and shut the door behind him. 

He took off his Timberlands and his coat before turning to me. "You can go wash up, if you want. I can entertain myself." 

"Okay." I awkwardly nodded and ran into my room, finding a suitable outfit before running back into the bathroom and starting the shower. 

I wonder why he's here. 

Maybe he wants to talk and relax. 

This past week must've been stressful for him. 

I cleaned up quickly, dressed, and threw my hair up into the towel as I walked out. "Do you want water?" 

"No thanks." Jungkook sat up when I came into the living room. 

I nodded and sat beside him on the couch. "You didn't call before you came over. Is it something urgent or just visiting?" 

"Mm.. Both?" He stared at his hands a while. "My dad took my mom's house already." 

"Already?" I widened my eyes a bit. 

He nodded. "He's taking the wealth distribution to court as well. Since they never legally got divorced, he's still her husband and my legal father.. I feel like I'm going to lose and I really don't want all of my mom's earnings going to a man like him." 

"I understand.." I bit at my bottom lip. "I don't know anything about how the court rules things one way or another.. But couldn't you bring up the fact that he abandoned you guys? Maybe if you found records of him dating other women, if he did, you could use those... Uhm... Where he once lived, you could use that too." 

"Maybe." Jungkook sighed. "It's all so stressful."

I put a hand on his shoulder and offered a smile. "I'll help you as much as I can, don't worry." 

"Thanks.." Jungkook relaxed a bit. "Oh yeah.. The remaining tasks I had are now unattainable.." 

"Ah.. They all related to your mother, didn't they?" I pulled my hand away and relaxed as well. 

He nodded again. "I'm not going to come up with anymore though. As long as you stand by me during the court process then I'll consider that my task." 

"Of course I will." A smile returned to my lips. "Do you want to go out somewhere? I could help you get your mind off of things. I go back to work tomorrow so I have all day today and half the day tomorrow as well." 

"It's cold outside, lets just stay in here for a while." Jungkook offered as Chico ran over and jumped up on the couch, putting his head in Jungkook's lap and whining. 

"He wants attention." I chuckled, taking the towel off my head and tossing it on the table, fixing my damp hair a bit. 

"He's cute.." Jungkook chuckled as well as he played with Chico's ears. "What's his name again?"

"Chico. Taehyung named him." 

"Ah, Taehyung did? He has a good sense in names." Jungkook patted Chico's head and then played with his ears again. "You're so cute..." 

"I'm going to fix something to eat for myself. Would you like something?" 

"No, I ate already." He shook his head as I stood and left for the kitchen. 

"If you want the TV on, the remote is on the end table beside you." I called as I sought out a pan and filled it with water, placing it on the stove and turning the stove on high. 

I then sought out the ramen and placed them down, waiting for the water to boil. 

"Hana.. Should I try and reconcile with my dad?" Jungkook appeared in the kitchen. 

"Why should you? He left you, why would you be responsible?" 

"Maybe.. Maybe if I do that, he'll hand over the inheritance and the house." 

"I doubt it." I frowned. "You need to fight against him to show him you care. That you want it because you deserve it. Siding with him will just make him feel like he's winning over you without even lifting a finger. You don't want to let him feel like that." 

"I guess." He leaned on the counter and stared out the small window, overlooking the snowy street. "Why'd she have to go so soon? You said she would stay longer.." 

"I'm sorry.." My heart dropped and I stared at the water that was just beginning to boil. "She loved you a lot, Jungkook. As long as you remember how happy you made her, that should be enough to keep you going." 

"It is." He nodded slowly. 

I unpackaged the ramen and dropped it into the water, fetching my chopsticks to stir and break apart the noodles. 

"You're not adding vegetables? How unhealthy.." Jungkook scolded a bit as he looked over into the pan. 

"Shhh.." I smiled a bit. "Leave me alone." 

"Hana." 

"What?" 

"I like you." 

I froze, coughing a bit. "What?" I turned to him with a throbbing heart and a small frown. Is he serious? I never thought of Jungkook in that way.. He reminds me too much of a younger brother.. 

He laughed a bit. "I'm kidding. I wanted to see a reaction. Your reaction right now scares me. What if I was serious? Were you really going to reject me?"

"Yah.. Don't joke around like that." I cleared my throat, turning back to the ramen with a sigh. "You're too much like a younger brother to me at this point." 

"Aww, friendzoned.." He pouted. 

"No more games." I mumbled, turning off the stove and grabbing a large bowl. 

I poured the ramen in the bowl and mixed in the seasoning, going over to the fridge and pouring myself a glass of grape juice. 

"Your first meal when you wake is ramen and grape juice? What the heck?" He laughed loudly. "What kind of person are you?" 

"Yah..." I warned, taking my meal out to the living room and resting the bowl on the arm of my couch and the juice in between my legs. 

Jungkook grabbed the remote and sat beside me, making himself at home by flipping through the channels with little care to what he was actually looking for. 

He settled on a cartoon channel, reminding me of Taehyung a bit, and we slipped into a casual conversation as I ate. 

He only brought up his mother once but I changed the subject because even though he brought it up, his mood had changed because of it. 

As soon as I finished my ramen and my juice off, my cellphone rang from my bedroom and I had to hurry over to it, answering it right away. 

"Hello?" 

"Hana~ Are you settled back into home?" Hoseok's voice sounded very energetic. Is he done being mopey and grumpy? I love when he's happy. 

"I am. I already start work tomorrow." I sat on the edge of my bed with a pout. "What do you need?" 

"You should come swing by my studio. I have news that I want to tell you." 

"Right now?" I rubbed the back of my head a bit. "How about in a little bit? Jungkook came over and he's feeling a little down." 

"Okay, deal." Hoseok didn't seem to be affected by the fact that Jungkook was over and accepted easily. "Swing by whenever he leaves, I'll wait." 

"Okay, see you then." I hung up and went back into the living room, sitting down easily. "Have you talked to Taehyung recently?" 

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Are you trying to find out if I knew that you guys kissed?" 

Wow. "Yeah." I slumped a bit. "News spreads like wildfire around you guys." 

"Yes it does." Jungkook laughed a bit. "Don't get involved with Taehyung. He's not a nice person as of lately. He use to be but not anymore." 

"I was supposed to complete one of his milestones in England but I think it just got worse rather than better." I frowned. "I can't even picture a nice Taehyung like you guys talk about. I've seen glimpses of when he can be nice, like everytime he gives me his winter clothing to stay warm. He even washed my hair once cause he injured my head. He didn't have to wash my hair but I knew I could get away with it since he was guilty." 

"You're just as bad!" Jungkook accused. 

"How so?" 

"You like him!" 

"I do not." I scoffed, my heart racing a bit. Am I lying? Or am I not? Do I like him? I don't think so.. But I might.. 

"Okay." Jungkook let it go easily and shrugged, focusing back on the cartoons. "I like him. You can't have him."

"Are you gay?" I joked. 

"Nah." He took it seriously though and ruined the run. "I'm not gay. He's just my brother at this point. He's the only family alive to me." 

Ouch. That stung even my heart. Poor Jungkook... "Think of me as your older sister then. Call me noona." 

"Noona?" He snickered. "But I've already gotten use to calling you Hana." 

"But noona would solidify that I'm your family too." 

He mocked me a bit and nodded. "Fine, you're my noona now." 

I giggled a bit. "Do you want to play games? I can dig out my old PS3 or something and we could play." 

"No thanks.." Jungkook stood up. "Thinking about Taehyung made me want to go talk to him. I told Namjoon about my mom but I haven't told Taehyung.. I'm sort of guilty and he'll probably be really angry that I didn't tell him." 

"Oh, you're leaving?" I stood up with surprise. "Are you sure?" 

"I'm sure. You brightened my day a little and now I want to go tell Taehyung everything so he can support me." 

"That's cute." I walked him to the door and watched him put on his Timberlands and his coat. "Drive safely, then. And feel free to come over whenever you want. I have a spare key under the doormat outside so even if I'm not here, you can come here for some solitude and I'll cook for you when I return." 

"Cliche.. A spare key under a rug." He tsked at me but nodded. "I'll remember that. Now I have two places for solitude." 

He gave me a wink and a curt wave before disappearing out the door, shutting it quickly behind him. 

He suddenly wanted to go after talking about Taehyung? I find it hard to believe.. Oh well. If he wants to be alone then that's okay too. He came to me first anyways, its only right that he leaves first. 

Ah.. Right, Hobi. I should go over there and see what he needs to tell me. 

--

I'm here but which studio was it again...? This one.. I think. 

I pushed open the door a little and noticed a total of 7 guys, the one leading was very clearly Hoseok. Who are the others? I don't recognize them.

Hoseok noticed me through the mirror and turned around, smiling widely. "Hana!" 

I walked in and shut the door, bowing my head to the others. "Who are all these people?" 

"They're my friends. We all got scouted by BigHit, the company you suggested that would be good to work for." Hoseok jogged over to me. "We're not officially a band or under BigHit, but they grouped us together to see if we could work well together. If we do, we'll be on the road for debut." 

"What about training?" My heart raced with excitement. 

"All of them have been in training for a while." He glanced back at them. "I've been in training once before, before my parents kicked me out of course, I think I mentioned this to you or at least something along the lines. And I'll need to train harder than them since I'll be less trained if we debut. But that's okay with me." 

"This is great!" I smiled widely. "What are their names?" 

Hoseok turned around and pointed to the shortest guy with pale brown hair. "He's the youngest, his name is Lee Chung Hee." Hoseok then pointed to the guy beside him with a darker brown color to his hair. "This is Kim Ho Jun." 

The guy with the redish-brown hair beside Ho Jun stepped forward and introduced himself. "I'm Choi Kyu Hwang." 

"I am Min Yong Soo." The one with blonde hair smiled and waved at me. 

"Park Shin Cho." Another with blonde hair smiled as well. 

"And I'm Kim Bong Chol." A taller guy with black hair waved curtly. 

"Nice to meet all of you." I smiled a bit sheepishly. "Uhm, so.. I know none of you are officially under BigHit or a group, but if they were to sign you, would you 7 be together then?" 

"Yes." Hoseok answered with a small nod. "We all just met each other for the first time earlier today and we were just dancing a bit to a few songs to see each others talent levels." 

"So like.. Boy groups usually have titles. Like leader and vocalist and all that, have you guys figured that out?" 

Hoseok shook his head. "Not yet. We have a general idea on who might fill what roles but we don't choose them, ultimately." 

"What are your estimates then?" I couldn't help but be curious. They all seemed like nice people and it would be cool if Hoseok finally got to be an idol like he wished. 

"Lee Chung Hee is obviously the maknae but he's also a vocalist." Hoseok started. "Kim Ho Jun is a vocalist as well but he's probably the most talented out of all of us. Choi Kyu Hwang is a rapper along with Park Shin Cho. Min Yong Soo is also a vocalist. Kim Bong Chol is a dancer and a vocalist." 

"We think Jung Hoseok will end up being the dancer of the group though." Yong Soo, I think, spoke up. "He's better than all of us. But we don't know if he'll be a vocalist or a rapper because he could fit either. He's probably the most talented out of all of us when it comes to being good at all three." 

I nodded. "You guys would be a pretty cool band." I admited. "Is this what you wanted to announce?" I turned back to Hoseok. 

Hoseok nodded. "Yeah. I wanted you to be the first to know and the first to meet my possible bandmates." 

I blushed a bit and bowed to them again, receiving many bows in return even though I didn't need them. "I hope you all take care of Hoseok then." I laughed a bit. "Can I watch?" 

"Duh." Hoseok guided me over to the row of chairs in the back and sat me down in one of them. "We were dancing to EXO songs. I remember that you like EXO." 

"Good, you better remember." I playfully pushed him away and watched as he took the lead in the form they were in, pulling a small remote out of his pant pocket. 

He gave me a wink through the mirror and pressed a button, an EXO song coming through the speakers. With minor hesitation, all the guys began dancing, Hoseok calling out numbers and certain moves to keep everyone on the same track even if they didn't know the song that well.

A few of the boys in the back ran into each other and kept laughing, making Hoseok laugh a bit as well. All-in-all, it looked like they were all having a blast rather than being completely serious. 

The songs switched and some of the boys took breaks here and there before getting back up and joining in on the songs they knew the dance to. Would Hobi be a leader? He's making a great leader right now.. I admire his charisma. 

My phone buzzed and I quickly left the room, taking the call. "Hello?" 

"Park Hana?" The familiar voice of my boss came through the speakers. 

I straightened up and cleared my throat a bit. "This is Park Hana." 

"Ah..." She hesitated a bit and sighed. "You see... The new recruit we picked up a while ago when we gave you all those days off... I, no, we decided to have her fill in your spot." 

"What?" My heart sank. "Am I being fired?" 

"Well.. Yeah. I'm sorry it turned out this way." 

"That's not really fair..." I frowned, hanging my head a bit. "But I guess there is nothing I can do. I'll swing by to clear out my locker." 

"I'm sorry it turned out this way." She repeated and then hung up. 

Well . That was so random and out of the blue.. What do I do now? I can't tell my parents that I got fired... But I can't go jobless either... I'll have to talk to Yoongi. He said he could find me a job.. I don't know if he was just saying that or not but it's worth a shot. 

I sighed and put on a smile, heading back into the room. All the boys were lounging around now, getting to know each other. Only Hoseok and Kyu Hwang noticed, which was odd that someone I didn't know noticed me in general. 

Hoseok approached, Kyu Hwang watching from a distance while talking with Yong Soo. "What was that about? Phone call?" Hoseok offered a smile. 

"Yeah, phone call." I nodded. "Are you guys done dancing then?" 

"For now. Lee Chung Hee wants to do some vocal stuff so him and the other vocalists are searching for songs they all know." Hoseok explained. 

"I think this is a really good thing for you, Hobi." I nodded to my own words. "A really good thing. You've wanted to be an idol and look how close you are." 

"I'm close to getting what I want but I'm not satisfied because my family is only getting further.. They really distaste me doing this." Hoseok frowned a bit but quickly replaced it with another wide grin. "They'll get over it... Hopefully." 

I smiled widely as well to show I agreed and we went over to the chairs, sitting down as it looked like the vocalists found a few songs. 

"What about the rappers? Will they rap?" I asked quietly. 

"They'll get their turn. I'm going to sing a bit with the vocalists and rap a bit with the rappers to see where I fall best." Hoseok announced as he hurried over to the boys gathering around the stereo. 

As happy as I am for Hobi... I hope this turns out well. Things are moving awfully fast for him. Being scouted by a company I suggested, not training properly first, and already having a possible band fit... It just seems too good to be true. But I'll ignore that feeling and be happy with him. I like him best when he's happy, afterall. 

The rest of the activities they did together blurred together as I watched with interest and amusement. But eventually, the boys started going home or talking about going out for drinks. It came down to just Hoseok and I after a while. 

"Do you want to go grab drinks on our own?" Hoseok asked casually. 

"Actually... Yes." I stood up, stretching. "I got fired earlier. It was so random too... I don't get it." 

"Oh no.." He pretended to be sad for me. "Not your nightclub job.." 

"Oh shut up.." I hit his arm. "It paid so well.. I'm going to struggle now." 

"I'll find you a new one." He linked his arm with mine and shut off the lights, leading my out and locking the door. 

"Yoongi said he could get me one." 

"You told him already? Before me?" He pouted as we made our way out of the building. 

"No. When we hung out, he brought up that he could get me a new job. I declined cause of the pay but now I might take it up." 

"Ah." He nodded a little. "I know a place with good drinks and good prices. Let's go!" 

--

"Why'd I get fired?" I dropped my head on the table, biting my lip. 

"'Cause you ." Hoseok laughed loudly. 

"Shhh, you'll wake everyone up." I hissed, pointing to the floor. "People live under me." 

"Oh..." I lifted my head to see him looking around. "We're out of chicken." 

"Oh..." I mimicked him with a sigh. "We still have alcohol though." 

"But we're drunk." He spoke lazily, wrinkling his eyebrows with annoyance. "What if we die?" 

"Of what? Getting drunk here and there doesn't kill anyone!"

"Okay." Hoseok put his head down on the floor. "What should we do?" 

"Mm.." I glanced around. "I have board games!" 

He shook his head, lifting himself again. "No!" 

"Okay.." I pouted, sipping from the can once more. 

He pointed to me and smiled. "Kiss... We should try it.."

I threw my hands over my mouth in alarm. "Yah... We can't do that!" 

"Why not? You kissed Taehyung.." He whined, falling backwards. "I want a kiss too.." 

"Why would you want one? We're friends!" I yowled, nearly falling over. 

He sat up quickly and stared at me through narrowed eyes. "So? Friends kiss too!" 

"Do they?" I gasped, my eyes widening. "Hyejin and I never kissed... Should I kiss Yoongi too? And Namjoon? Jin?" 

"No, no, no... Close friends only.. Like me." He scooted a bit closer. "I'm curious!" 

"Curious to what?" I teased. 

"Come on..." He whined again. 

"Mm..." I hesitated, my heart throbbing and my palms sweating. 

But, with almost no hesitation, Hoseok brought his face close to mine and captured my lips before I could back out. My body erupted into butterflies and went completely numb. This was different from the kiss with Taehyung. 

Taehyung's kiss was stiff and short but for some reason... Hoseok and I were more relaxed and worked freely with each other, and it lasted much longer. 

I tried to break away because I knew that this would not be happening if we were both sober, I knew it but... My body wouldn't listen and we just got closer and closer, our lips moving together and our noses brushing and colliding numerous times. 

He nibbled on my bottom lip and took advantage of me being taken off guard to further enter my mouth, now not only our lips moving as one. 

I swear he could hear my heart racing because with every beat, he pressed onward and made my body go numb again, his arms had somehow found their way around my waist without my knowledge. Every gasp for air was bittersweet as we'd crash together again. 

But eventually, I found the power within me to pull away, leaving the both of us to stare at each other with both shock and warmth.

I moved away from Hoseok and stared at the ground, unable to look him in the eye anymore. That was so much... Different. Everything about that was different compared to Taehyung and I's kiss. But I'm still left with one question... Did I do it because I like him? Just like with Taehyung... Do I like one of them? Both of them? None of them? I don't know anymore... 

By the time I gathered courage to talk to Hoseok, I looked up and found him passed out on the floor, his cheeks red from the alcohol. A smile smile on my lips, I downed both the rest of my alcohol and the rest of his before passing out on the floor myself.

I feel like I'm in a game of tug-of-war... But instead of a rope, it's my heart. 

This isn't going as planned. 

I can't be doing this with any of them...

I'm breaking all the rules already... 

But I can't help it. 

--

"I found him." Yoongi's voice woke me up but I did not move. "He was with Hana. Yeah, sure, I'll take him home. They both look like they were drinking last night, there is alcohol everywhere. Be there soon." 

I heard footsteps and felt arms around me as I was lifted into the air, my eyes opening lazily and my view filling with Yoongi. 

"Go back to sleep." He sighed, carrying my bridal style to my room. "You shouldn't drink so much." 

He opened the door and pulled the covers back, kneeling down on my bed with one knee as to carefully set me down and then pulled the covers over my body, fixing them carefully. 

"Sorry that I barged in. Namjoon was looking for Hobi and Jimin said that he might be with you. You weren't answering so I came in since the door was unlocked." Yoongi explained as he stood up. "I'll leave you a glass of water, make sure you eat something for your hangover." 

With that, Yoongi exited my room and my eyes shut easily as a raging headache overcame me. I listened to Yoongi and Hoseok argue quietly, Hoseok complaining of being sick and tired, and Yoongi complaining of having to carry Hoseok, and then listened as the door shut before I fell asleep again. 

--

"Baby sister~" 

Oh god no. 

"Hello?~" 

Help me. 

I covered my head with the covers, feeling ill instantly. 

"Here you are... Why are you in bed at 2 in the afternoon?" He pulled the covers off of my body and snickered down at me. 

"Why are you here?" I groaned, holding my stomach. 

"Are you sick?" He leaned down and wrinkled his nose, smirking. "Hangover?" 

"Why are you here?" 

He straightened out and sighed. "I need something from you." 

"Yeah, like what?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes. 

"I need money." 

"Again..?" I rolled my eyes. "Listen.. I don't have any and I just got fired so--"

"You got fired!?" He yowled with laughter. "Oh my god!" 

"I wasn't going to tell you but it slipped out anyways." I scolded myself and carried on. "So I can't help you. What do you even need it for? Take some from the bank." 

"My own reasons." He crossed his arms. "You really don't have money?" 

"I really don't! Why are you bothering me so much lately?" I bit my lip, standing and walking to the bathroom, hovering over the toilet as I felt ill but nothing came up so I straightened out. 

He came in and shook his head. "You really shouldn't drink." 

I walked out and looked around, the place being clean. Yoongi said it was a mess though.. Did he clean it? 

"Hey, listen, I have things to do. Can you leave?" I asked him. 

"Mm.. No."

Just then my phone rang and I quickly sought it out, answering it easily. "Hello?"

"Our engagement party is tonight, apparently." Hoseok's sick sounding voice came over the other end. "By the way.. What happened last night? I seemed to have gotten drunk.." 

"I have no idea, I did as well." I laughed a bit. "And tonight? Isn't that a bit quick?" 

"My parents planned it and just told me. Just look the part and show up. Did you find people to go with?" 

"Hyejin..." My eyes landed on Hyun Ki. "And my brother." 

"Your brother?" 

"Yeah. I decided to only let him be there. He can help the task, right? He looks like a rich chaebol afterall." 

"Wow thanks." Hyun Ki laughed a bit, not knowing what he was getting in to. 

"Okay then, as long as you're fine with it." 

"Okay, I'll find something... Hyun Ki will drive me. Text the location and we'll be there before it starts."

"8pm." He added before hanging up. 

Oh geez. This is not going to go well. 

"Ready to pretend to be rich?" I gave him a small smile. "And not tell our parents?" 

"Is this a task thing?" He crossed his arms to his chest. 

"Mhm... It's also an engagement party..." I rubbed the back of my neck at his surprised expression. "And I'm the highlight." 

"You are digging yourself a nasty hole..." He warned. "But I'll do it, frankly because I don't trust these guys." 

"Aw you care." I mocked. "I'm taking a shower, I feel like crap." 

"Look like it too." He remarked as I disappeared into the bathroom. 

So much stress.

--

"You look good in this dress." Hyun Ki sighed. "Too bad this is all a show." He gave a dirty look and sighed again. "Are you going to get out of the car or what?" 

"I don't want to... I don't know anyone here but Hobi and you. This is all too much." I went to put my face into my palms but Hyun Ki stopped me by reminding me of one fact.

"Yah, you're wearing makeup done by professionals! And your hair is done up too! Do you want to turn out looking like crap up there in front of people you don't know?" 

"I forgot.." I whined. "I really don't want to do this... It's all a show anyways..." 

"Hana, is that you?" Hoseok's voice sounded along with his footsteps before he was standing next to Hyun Ki, the two of them glaring at each other a bit. 

"I'm Park Hyun Ki." Hyun Ki turned fully to meet him and stuck his hand out. "Her older brother." 

"Hi." Hoseok shook it casually and pulled away, focusing on me again. 

The moment our eyes met, we both froze a bit. Oh my god... We kissed... Last night... And it wasn't just a peck either. Does he remember? He looks surprised too.. I think he remembers... Oh god. 

If he did remember, he hid it easily and threw on a wide smile. "You look great! It's cold so let us get inside quickly. My mom likes to rush into these things so I'm sorry for not having much warning. Also, it's not very traditional. Usually the bride's family is supposed to do it but of course.." 

"I get it, Hobi." I smiled a bit and got out of the car, linking arms with him easily. "Hyun Ki, let's go inside."

"Sure.." Hyun Ki shrugged a bit and fell in step behind us.  

"My mom had this planned for a while, apparently. Just before we left for England, she was calling up all the guests and planning. Oddly enough.. We were the last ones to know." Hoseok chuckled a little, clearly very nervous. "Ah... Your dress looks nice.. I like the color." 

Hyun Ki had helped me pick out a dress and we went with a simple pale orange. Along with the location and time, Hoseok had filled me in on what kind of setting to expect so orange was perfect for the occasion. Even so much so that Hoseok, unplanned, was also wearing an orange tie with his suit he wore. It was kind of funny on how much we thought alike. 

"You're nervous. You keep jumping topics." I teased a little. "I am too." 

We entered a small dining hall type setting. It reminded me of the place that Hoseok's party was at that one time on his first task. Of course it wasn't the same, but the layout was very similar. Only now it was decorated with frilly and fancy decor.

"There you are." Hoseok's mother approached us. "You nearly showed up late to your own party! Where are your parents, dear? I wanted to meet them but I don't know who they are. The only people here are my guests!" 

"You didn't warn us of when the times were or when the party was going to be. I also just returned from England so I am still adjusting and hadn't the time to think about it." I chuckled, nervously. "I told them when I found out this morning but they were too busy and with too little time to find someone to cover for them." 

"Nice.." Hoseok whispered, only audible to me. 

"Ah, that's improper..." She mumbled a bit. "But it is my fault so I do apologize. I'll meet them soon enough. I know this is rushed and out of the blue for you two, but I wanted to have the party sooner rather than later. Hoseok is causing a lot of troubles with his career choices lately and I want to clear it up with the presence of you, my dear." She looked right at me. "You'll make him look like he's got his life together." 

Wow. Harsh. I let go of Hoseok and sought out his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze before letting go. "So what is the plan of this party?" Hoseok spoke up. 

"Actually, I have a little game planned! It's a good way for Hoseok to show us who you really are!" She got all excited, grabbing onto my hands. "I had the guests grab notecards and write questions down for you two. We'll have Hoseok answer them and then you, my dear, guess how he answered it." 

I froze a bit and nodded, nervously. I don't think Hoseok knows me that well... 

"Let's collect them now and get started! After the game, we'll have our food and drinks and play another game!" She hurried off to the front of the room and clapped her hands, her voice raising easily so people could here. "If everyone could put their cards down on the table up beside me," She gestured to her right, "We will begin the game since the couple has arrived." 

Hoseok and I stared at each other for a while, Hyun Ki's snickered snatching my attention. "You two are in for it now." He laughed. "I'm going to go write a question too!" 

He scurried off to find a notecard, filled it out, and was the last one to turn in the card. There wasn't a ton of guests here but there was probably more than 15 and that made me a bit sheepish. 

"Can we have Hoseok and Hana up here, please?" His father joined his mother and called out for us, smiling proudly. 

I gulped a bit and casually made my way to the front, Hoseok trailing a bit behind. 

His mom brought up two chairs and set them so they were back-to-back. "Hana, if you would." She gestured to a seat and I took it with a smile. 

Hoseok took the other without being prompted. "Hey.. You better guess right." He whispered. 

"You better know me." I retorted with slight sarcasm. 

His dad handed Hoseok a white board and a black marker. "Oh god." Hoseok mumbled, supposedly to himself, and I let out a small chuckle. 

"This is a way for us all to get to know Hana." His mom beamed as the guests took their seats to watch, all with bright smiles and curious eyes. I spotted Hyun Ki standing off towards the side, smirking like the he was. "First question. Does the bride have any pets? Very simple!" 

Hoseok laughed a little and wrote down something, showing it to the guests. 

"Hana, do you think he got it right?" 

"I have two dogs, I think he nailed it." I answered confidently. 

"Correct. That one was a little too simple!" She switched cards and waiting for Hoseok to erase the board. "Next question. What is the bride's biggest pet peeve?"

I glanced at Hoseok out of the corner of my eye and a slight head turn. He didn't know. Everyone watch eagerly as he hesitantly wrote something down and showed the board to people. 

Hyun Ki didn't give a reaction so I assumed it was either correct or not far off. 

"Hana?" 

"My biggest pet peeve would be..." I thought a moment, laughing at the fact that I even had to think about it because I knew all too well. "People who are rude for no reason." 

"Hoseok, what'd you say?" His mom smiled a bit. 

"I said rudeness." He chortled. "I'm so good at this." 

"Right on. Oh, this one is for Hana to answer!" Hoseok gave me the board and the marker after she spoke and I panicked a bit. "Right, Hana, what is the groom's worst sleeping habit?" 

I met Hyun Ki's gaze and knew immediately that it was his doing. He wants to know which guy I roomed with, doesn't he? He smirked a bit as I started to write something, showing the guest with an amused, slightly embarrassed, smile. Now he'll know. 

"Hoseok?" 

"Uh, I don't actually know what my worst habit is.." He rubbed his neck. "But Hana would probably say that I sleep in odd positions." 

"Hana?" 

"I said sleep talking." I pouted. "But he does sleep in odd positions." 

"I sleep talk?" Hoseok turned around and smiled widely. "Really?" 

"Yeah, a lot." I flicked his forehead and he turned about around. 

"This next question is about the groom again." She announced. "We all know the groom is noisy. What would be the worst time he's been noisy in public?" 

I wrote it down quickly and showed it to them, laughter erupting from them so I couldn't help but laugh as well. That was an odd question but real easy. 

"Hoseok?" 

"Uhm.." He hesitated. "She said something about the amusement park, didn't she?" 

Everyone laughed again. "I said that you scream too loud when you're on rollercoasters." I answered easily. "I also added a little face to show how ugly you look while screaming." 

Hoseok put his head to his knees and pouted. "Not fair." 

The game continued for a while until the questions were done. We didn't get them all but we got most of them and that made us pretty proud since we didn't really know much of our personal habits. 

The food was served and everyone ate with a dull chatter. Hoseok and I sat at the head of the table and tried to involve ourselves in conversation when an opening was available. 

After the food was served and the drinks were empty, we all mingled around to where the previous game was and I was introduced to all the guests. 

Most of them were friends of his mother or business relationships while few were actually family. But I didn't get to meet Hoseok's sister because apparently she didn't come. 

Hyun Ki was also introduced as my older brother, certain details hidden of course since Hoseok was still working on making me look like I had good relations to please his mother. 

Everyone had now met each other and went off to mingle. Hoseok grabbed my arm a bit and led me out of the room, the two of us walking a bit away from the hall and letting out a deep sigh.

"I can't do it anymore." I shook my head. "Your mom is completely nuts... Who plans an engagement party with only a few weeks of warning and then not telling the main couple about it untill the morning of...? And the game? Don't they do those things at like weddings and stuff? Not this type of party?" 

"I don't know.." He mumbled. "But I can't do it anymore either." 

"This lie is growing bigger and to more people Hobi. It's making me very uneasy." I crossed my arms a bit. 

"I know. It's growing out of hand." Hoseok stared at the floor a while and shook his head. "Don't worry. I'll fix things." 

"What about your second task?" 

"Well. I'm changing it a bit." He shook his head again. "I don't need this lie growing anymore out of hand so I'm going to try and back off a bit. I'm going to use you behind the scenes rather than out in the open." 

"Wow, use me." I teased a bit. "I know what you mean, don't worry." 

"Hoseok, Hana, why are you two out here? We only have a little bit more time left before the party ends. I made it short and sweet on purpose." His mom approached us. "Are you two feeling sick? Actually feeling sick?" 

"We just needed some air, that's all." I forced a small smile. 

"The guests seem to accept you, Hana. They see you two as a great fit." She mumbled. "But I'm getting impatient on meeting your family. I want to know what will be benefited to us with this marriage." 

Hoseok scoffed a bit, frowning at his mother. "What would it matter? Your son is happy, what other benefits should you need?" 

"Honey, you know I'm happy that you are. But we need someone who can support you for the rest of your life." 

"I can support myself." 

"Not if you're going to persue that dream of yours. Not everyone makes it, dear. Just run our business and make it grow. It's the best place for you." 

"Mm.." I interrupted before Hoseok got bent out of shape. "I feel like he should still try. If he fails then he has something to come back too."

She offered a smile and just left instead of arguing. I shrugged a bit and gestured to go back inside. 

We mingled around for a little bit before the party finally ended and we bid farewell to each of the guests. 

"Okay, I'm done." I let out a tired sigh, turning to Hoseok. "Let's go home." 

Hoseok nodded and turned to his parents who were talking quietly to each other. "We're leaving. Thanks for this, I guess." 

They turned to him and smiled a little. "Sorry for the short notice, again. We wanted it done as soon as possible. Word is getting around that you're throwing away your chances for an actual job so we had to redeem you somehow so our name stays clean." His mom sighed, not trying to appear rude but was clearly aiming to push some button within Hoseok. And succeeded. "But I care for you, so do as you wish. Just know neither of us approve of you and won't support you through it." 

"I don't need it then." Hoseok lost his smile and the shine in his eyes vanished. It hurts him that they won't support him... I can see it so clearly, why can't they? "Hana supports me." He threw an arm around my shoulder and pulled me a bit closer. "That's all I really need." 

They both smiled anyways, still unaware that they hurt him. "Good. Go on now, let us clean up." His mom urged us to leave so we did. 

I slide my arm around his waist and sighed. "They say those things without the knowledge that it hurts you." 

"Oh well. They love me and I love them all the same." He sighed as well. 

Hyun Ki fell in step beside me, startling me a bit because I thought he had left. "So, what are you two up to now?" 

"Take her home." Hoseok pulled away from me and paused, facing us. "I'm putting you in charge this time." 

I pouted a bit. "Why? You're supposed to be my traveling buddy, remember? You didn't pick me up either..." 

Hoseok smiled a bit and stepped towards me, leaning into my ear. "I remember what we did last night. Do you still want to be in the same car as me?" 

My entire body went numb and my face burned as my heart pounded. He did remember... 

He stepped away and smiled a bit. "Ride with your brother. It'd be uncomfortable today." 

Did the kiss make him uncomfortable, then? Does he regret it? 

I smiled a little as well and nodded. "Then I'll ride with Hyun Ki. Drive safely." 

Hoseok looked at Hyun Ki and nodded. "You drive safe as well." 

Hyun Ki just nodded a bit, bored with the farewell exchanges. "Don't get any ideas." Hyun Ki mumbled a bit. "This contract will be over and when it is, you're gone."

"Hyun Ki stop it." I smacked his shoulder and sent another smile to Hoseok. "See you later." 

Hoseok waved a bit and watched as Hyun Ki dragged me out of the building and towards our car. 

"Yah, that was rude! He's the closest friend I have out of them." I hissed. "After the year period is over, I'm going to run back to him. He's a friend now. All of them are." 

"Be careful, baby sister." He stared at me a moment, intently. "You're heading down a dangerous path. You know it, don't you? But you can't stop." 

"Hyun Ki..."

"You'll end up miserable." He spoke flatly, opening the back door and waiting for me to get in before he leaned down and peered into the car with firm eyes. "And you'll end up like Ji Ae." 

I swallowed roughly and coughed a bit. "There is no way I'd end up like Ji Ae. These 7 men are kind and care about my interests... Those men abused her back then." 

"Abuse can come emotionally, too." He warned. "Abuse to your heart, I mean. Falling in love with 7 men will break you. But fallen in love with 2 or 3 will kill you. Most likely, those 2 or 3 men you fall for within these 7, will fall for you as well. Who's left to break off the ones you don't like? That's you. And even when you do that.. You still have to part ways in the end. Not only are they abusing your heart at that point... But you're abusing theirs." 

"H-Hyun Ki, I'm not going to fall for any--"

"It's toxic, Hana. And you're right in the middle of it all." 

 

Ugh, sorry. This week has been long and exhausting for me so I was a bit late on my updates. (Later than usually planned anyways). And just a heads up, not next week but the week after, I will go on a week hiatus because I'm travelling :) But anywayssss, thank you for reading and enjoying! Do you believe in what Hyun Ki was telling his Hana? Do you think he's being unfair or sincere like any brother would be? Hehe, let me know! ~PandaBiscuit~ 

 

Also, tell me your guys' biases! I want to know :) 

 

If you're curious to what dress I had in mind for Hana, this is what it looks like. It's very pretty and I honestly wish I could have it huhuhu ;;;