029

7 Bangtan Princes

Kim Namjoon

"Namjoon, where is our daughter-in-law?" My mom demanded just before I could leave the house. 

I faced her and put on a frown. "We're not getting along very well. We have different views in our relationship lately."

She froze. "Don't tell me that you guys are thinking of breaking the engagement!? I've been waiting forever to see my baby find someone he loves and wants to marry!" 

"I didn't say that." I sighed a bit. "Sometimes things just don't work out. But we're trying to work things through." 

My mom nodded vigoriously. "Please, do try with her. I know you love her very much and she is a sweet girl."

I nodded and took my leave before she could stop me, dialing Jin's number immediately. 

"Jin, I need you to meet me at the office."

"The office?" Jin grumbled. "I don't want to do your damn paperwork again."

"You won't be. I need you to help me manage stocks real fast."

"Hana was supposed to be helping you with all this."

"Yeah, not anymore. Meet me there."

"Fine."

The line was dropped.

Taking over the rest of this company is hard without Hana. I needed her to look like my wife to the other competitors so that the management took note that I'd be able to produce an heir if I landed the spot. But I decided it was just too much stress for her because not only would she have to play that part, but actually do the work as well.

It's just too much for her with everything else going on.

--

Jin glared at me as we had already wrapped up the work and were now out for drinks at a cafè. "Namjoon.. I just wasted 3 hours of my life helping you ORGANIZE! We didn't even get to the stock parts!"

"I know." I rubbed my temples. "It's a lot of work and I'm trying my be--" My phone rington cut me off. My phone goes off nearly every hour of the day, most of the time it's more than that. I always feel bad when the guys or Hana calls or messages me because I usually never pick them up as I'm sick of my phone going off all the damn time.

I picked up my phone regardless. "This is Kim Namjoon."

"Namjoon! Problem!" Hoseok's frantic voice was heard over the line.

"Hobi, I don't have ti--"

"It's Kyu though!" Hoseok hissed. "He's catching onto the contract with Hana! Taehyung and Yoongi were right about him following her. He's seen her with Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi, and myself at basketball court in the gym when he happened to be working out there. He even knows that Hana has 7 rings around her neck and took note that some of them match the guys' rings she's already seen!" 

"Calm down." I mumbled, thinking a bit. "Even if he catches on, what can he do to us?"

"I won't be able to debut!"

My heart froze. "That's a big problem then.." I glanced to Jin. "Don't worry, I'll fix it." Jin and I always fix everything for the boys. That's why they always joke about us being their parents. But what could we do? They needed help so we did our best to do just that. "Try and get Kyu to meet you somewhere and the three of us will try and talk it out. If that doesn't work then we'll just have to make sure he doesn't say anything." 

"Kill him." Jin joked.

Hoseok laughed a little when he heard it. "I trust you, thank you Namjoon." 

"No problem." I hung up quickly and stared at Jin lazily, dropping my phone to the table. "And more stress piles on me once more." 

"You don't have to continue helping people." Jin dropped his chin onto his palm and tapped his finger tips against his face a little. "Hobi could probably deal with things on his own. He's the one in the center of the mess."

"But so is Hana. I feel responsible for Hana since this whole thing was my idea. Especially since nothing is even going the way we planned, I feel even more responsible that nothing happens to her." 

"Like the leader. You're a natural leader in this chaos." Jin yawned a bit, lifting his head from his palm and sitting up straight once more. "Learn to say no, Joonie." 

"Well, let's go meet Kyu." I downed the rest of my soda and motion him to follow.

It wasn't unusual to spend the day with Jin. But it was unusual for him to dislike it.

And today, he seemed to dislike it more than ever.

--

"Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon." I stuck out my hand for Kyu to shake. 

"Just call me Kyu." Kyu watched me a bit. "What do you need? Hoseok didn't specify anything."

"Let's sit first. I'm a quick-paced guy but this is a little too quick." I mumbled, sitting down in the back of Hoseok's practice room, the rest of the boys gone, even Jin. He had bailed with Hoseok when we arrived. Lame. "So, what do you want to know?"

"Excuse me?" Kyu sat as well.

"Hoseok told me that you think you know somethings. What do you want to know?" 

"Ah." Kyu smirked a bit. "That girl, Hana. What is she to you guys?"

"A contractual fiancèe." I spoke easily, shocking him. 

"And you're fine with people knowing that?"

"Well it isn't much of a secret. Hana is a little embarrassed about so usually we keep it low but other than that, that's about it." 

"Why is she in that sort of relationship with you guys?"

"We needed an extra hand for some of us and for others, just a companion to help cope with hard times. She's a treasured friend to us all but nothing more." 

"Not even to Hoseok? They looked like actual lovers.. Are you sure she just wasn't cheating?"

"I have a picture of the contract if you'd like to see it, seeing how you're so nosy to other peoples' business. We all take her on dates and treat her out here and there but it is all out of respect since she is giving us 6 months of her life to us."

"What happens after 6 months?"

"She goes her own way. We can't have contact for a year after the contract though." I shrugged a bit. "That is really all there is to it."

"Ah.." Kyu went to get up but I shook my head. 

"Now that I've told you, what will you do with it? Obviously there is some gain to you since you wanted to know so bad."

"Nothing."

"Liar." I glared at him. "What is it? Are you trying to bring down Hoseok because he has more talent and better leadership qualities than you?" 

"W-Wh--"

"How about I make you a deal?" I didn't care for his excuse. "Leave Hoseok alone until debut. Once or if you guys debut, then I'll turn the other way. But don't ruin someone's career for something so trivial, okay? It really isn't cool." 

Kyu sat a moment. "But why? You're right, maybe I'm just upset because I know he is more talented then I am. But shouldn't I have a shot in my career as well?"

"Giving yourself a shot by ruining someone elses' chance is a horrible way to go. Compete fair and square. You're probably very talented yourself, all of you boys are. But in the end, neither of you chooses who becomes the leader. It's whoever is above you, right?"

"Right." Kyu sighed, standing. "Listen, I can't make any deals. But I'll think about what you've said. I can't help my ambition." 

"You can't help being a horrible person either, apparently." I sighed as well, standing. 

Kyu didn't respond and stormed out of the room.

I can't tell if I fixed anything or not. That could be bad.

I dialed Hoseok's number. "Hobi, I talked to him. But I might've just angered him more. He was very open with his questions and what he wanted. But he wasn't very easily convinced the other way."

"Thanks, Namjoon. I'll see what I can do from here as well."

"No problem." I hung up and called my father. 

"Where are you Namjoon? Why aren't you at the meeting?"

"I got side tracked." I grumbled, moving quickly out of the practice room and through the building. 

"You better be here before it ends. You won't be making a good name of yourself if you miss it completely."

"I know, dad." I sighed. 

My dad is someone who isn't really related to the company I'm trying to take over. But yet he still plays a strong role in my appointment. So did Hana but I'm not going to use her anymore. 

"I'll be there soon." I hung up, jogging quickly to my car and driving off.

This contract isn't even following its own rules.

--

"Sup, Namjoon." Jimin grinned as I met up with the guys for dinner at Jin's house. "You're late~" 

"I was in a meeting." I ed my suit coat and took it off, hanging it over the chair left out for me. I rolled up the sleeves of the white under I was wearing and ed it at the neck. "A really stupid one."

"I feel you." Hoseok mumbled as he glued his eyes to the food Jin began to set on the table. "I hate meetings too."

I ignored his comment and glanced at Jin. "You cooked this time? Usually we just have take out." 

"I had extra time after I ditched you." He mumbled. "I haven't cooked in a while so I'm sorry if it's lacking." 

"Hey, Jungkook." Taehyung glanced at Jungkook across from him. "Yah."

Jungkook finally lifted his head and met Taehyung's gaze with a lazy and annoyed expression. "What do you want?" 

Taehyung's playful smile wavered and he decided against talking to Jungkook and just dropped his head instead.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and looked to Yoongi beside him. Something is wrong with Yoongi again. 

I stared a little at his emotionless face as well. The corner of his mouth twitched a few times, his eyebrows were furrowed, his body was tense, and he had gone pale. His eyes were narrowed at nothing in particular. 

His mind is no longer connected to this world. He gets that look too often lately.

"Hyung." Jungkook pushed on Yoongi's shoulder a bit. "Hyung, are you angry?" 

Yoongi tensed even more but lifted his eyes, letting out a ragged sigh. "Yes."

"Why?"

"I'm tired of you guys fighting." 

That may be true but there is more.

I tore my eyes from the two and stood back up, stopping Jin in the kitchen before he could bring out the side dishes. 

"What is it?" Jin put down the tray and raised an eyebrow. 

Yoongi needs Hana. Hana is the only one who has been able to successfully draw him out of his imaginary world and calm him down. But how will I come up with an explanation for that without telling Jin what Yoongi tries to hide?

"Namjoon." Jin spoke again. 

"I think we should invite Hana as well." I mumbled.

"Hana too? But we always have dinner with just the 7 of us, no one else." Jin bit his lip. "Besides, the food will get cold waiting for her. She doesn't have a car." 

True. "I could always go get her."

"But why Hana? She's probably with Hyejin for the first time in a while." 

I eventually just nodded and went back to the table, casting a few glances at Yoongi to notice that he was fine again.

Is he just pretending to be fine or is he actually fine? He's becoming too good at hiding it, I just don't know anymore. 

Jin served the food and the boys dug in happily. Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin, and Jin filling their plates completely like usual. Hoseok filled it about halfway as did I, and Yoongi only had a few things. Everything was as it usually was except trusts and relationships between us all were severed in many different ways. 

Taehyung and Hoseok have been trying to repair their relationship but there is only so much they can do when Hana is still around. Taehyung and Jungkook's trust has been severed almost completely because of how devastated Jungkook is about his mom. Yoongi seems to have a sort of resistance towards everyone, more than it use to be at least. Jin seems to be oblivious to many of the problems, that or he's just pretending not to notice. And Jimin is just stuck there, really nothing wrong with him other than the fact that he can't hang out with everyone at once anymore without fights breaking out. 

What is going to become of our friendships after this contract is done? What, we're only 3, nearly 4, months into the contract, right? I think so. We have roughly 2 months left but I feel as if it'll all just get worse from here. 

I sighed and dug into my plate, trying to empty my head of all the issues with this group and think more about the company.

The company is my focus right now, nothing else. 

--

GROUPCHAT

Jungkook: Hey guys, Hana is sick

Jin: WHAT? 

Hoseok: Sick?? 

Jungkook: Yeah. After we ate, I went over to go talk with Hana for a little bit and she was burning up! I nearly burned myself when I went to feel if she had a fever.

Hoseok: Did you get her medicine?? 

Jungkook: No, hyung. Duh, I did. 

Taehyung: I'm coming over.

Me: No you're not.

Taehyung: Why not?

Me: She's sick, she doesn't need anymore stress put on her. Jungkook is already there for her. 

Yoongi: Even if she says she's hot, make sure you cover her up. Then just put a towel over her forehead and change it a few times until the fever breaks. 

Jungkook: Aw look, Yoongi cares

Jimin: Of course he cares, idiot. We all do. 

Jungkook: I'm gonna listen to Yoongi then and do that.

Me: Do that

Taehyung: I don't cause Hana stress

Jin: HAHAHAHAHA

Jin: You're funny. I love your jokes.

Taehyung: Well I don't try to! 

Jungkook: You're mean to her 24/7, Taehyung. 

Taehyung: Not on purpose

Me: Well it shouldn't have to be an accident either. She deserves none of your attitude. 

Jimin: True

Taehyung: You think I don't know that?

Jin: Debatable.

Hoseok: Anyways, tell me when you break her fever. I want to know

Jungkook: *thumbs up*

Me: Anyways, are we up for karaoke next week or not? 

Jin: Oooo, last time it was a disaster... 

Me: That's why I asked to confirm it won't be

Jin: Can't confirm anything but I say just do it. If it ends badly again, then we'll just stop doing it. 

Me: Sure then. Are you guys all up for it?

Yoongi: I don't care, I guess.

Jungkook: Yeah I am.

Taehyung: Sure

Jimin: Duh!! 

Me: Hoseok? 

Hoseok: I guess so.

Me: Next week Tuesday then. I'll text Hana tonight and see if she'd be interested. She should be feeling better by then. 

Jin: I hope so, the poor thing shouldn't be sick at all! 

Jin: Tee hee 

Me: If you won't come, make sure to tell me ahead of time. Okay?

Jin: Yeah guys... 

Hoseok: Got it

--

 

And this concludes number 6... Just Jin left. I'm getting excited to be back with our heroine! I've missed her, hehe! Thanks for reading!! I love comments! ~PandaBiscuit~