Before the Storm

All of me and you
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Before the storm

 

Jungkook woke up when the sunlight seeped through the gaps of his window curtains, he sat up feeling the best he had ever been in a while reminiscing about what happened yesterday night. He excitedly jumped out from the bed and prepared all the necessities he needed for the day. He tries to wake V up, much to the V’s surprise as Jungkook was never up early and that he’s usually who wakes the other up.

“Why are you so up, Kookie?” V said as he scratches his hair while he yawned still feeling slightly sluggish.

“I’m just feeling great today!” Jungkook smiles.

V pulls Jungkook into a hug and snuggles his head into Jungkook’s stomach.

“That’s great then.”

 “Tae-hyung, are you going to class today?”

“I am. I promised you, didn’t I?” V raises his head and looks up to Jungkook while his arms still wrapped at Jungkook’s waist.

Jungkook smiles happily thinking that he’s brother actually listened to him. He thought that maybe he could help his brother even just a little.

But people doesn’t change easily. Especially those who tries to hide something.

V received a call when they’re about to go to school.

V skipped classes.

He doesn’t tell Jungkook, rather he hides it better nowadays.

Jungkook on the other hand thought that everything is going well. He goes to school together with his two most important people. He always visits Jimin in his clubroom, to watch the older dance. He once tried inviting V but the older rejects him, saying that he also has his other friends and that they hang out every afternoon. Jungkook believes his brother not doubting him even for a moment, thinking that V had promised him. And he’s the brother Jungkook knows he could trusts.

And maybe just a little he also wants to enjoy the moment where he could be alone with Jimin.

~~~

A month has passed and Jungkook hasn’t made a single friend except for Kim Seokjin, who he rarely sees as the latter is always busy with his student council activities. It’s no wonder that such is the case, if he has Suga as his enemy then everyone will truly see him as a plague. The only thing that makes school slightly more enjoyable is that he’s able to watch Jimin’s dance practice every afternoon. He loved to see his best friend dancing with so much passion and fervor.

Jungkook was also once passionate about something. Running and reaching for his dreams, when his eyes still contained that glisten of hope. But that was something of the past, something already buried in his heart which he have no plans of digging up ever again. It was something that is rusting and eroding.

That’s how it was supposed to be. But seeing Jimin’s dedication and eagerness is stirring something inside him. Sending shivers in his skin, bringing heat in his stomach, pounding its way into his heart, as if pummeling all the way in the deepest corners of what Jungkook thought was long dead.

Jimin is turning Jungkook’s can’ts into cans.

It was a typical Friday afternoon for Jungkook. Suga was once again pestering him regarding his relationship with Jimin, albeit threateningly, Jungkook seemed to have gotten used to his threats that he allows himself to receive the small kicks and punches Suga seems to throw at him without much resistance.

Suga doesn’t treat the younger as harshly as he did before, but still not losing his intention of making the younger’s life harder and finding out what’s the true score between Jimin and him.

He pushes the younger around but he was not getting the reaction he wanted, like that time at the hallway. He gives up and was about to exit the room when he sees Jimin approaching.

“Hey, Jimin.”

“Yo, Yoongi. Is Jungkook still there?”

“Tsk… yeah. He is.” Suga said irritatingly biting the insides of his lips.

“Thanks.” Jimin moves past behind Suga and searches for Jungkook’s silhouette. He spots the younger immediately and calls his attention.

He was about to go to Jimin’s clubroom and once again watch the older dance but was surprised to see Jimin visit his class. Jungkook arranges his disheveled clothes, trying to hide the bruise from Jimin as so not to make the older worry about him.

“Hyung, why are you here? I was about to go to your clubroom.” Jungkook pushes his collar slightly higher, hiding the violet marks in his pale skin.

“That’s the reason why I’m here. We’re practicing at the gym today. Can’t have you getting lost and late on me.”

“Why are you changing locations?” Jungkook said as he grabbed his bag and was about to head outside with Jimin to stumble upon Suga listening in on their conversation.

“Oh, you haven’t left yet?” Jimin questioningly said as he saw Yoongi awkwardly standing outside.

“Not yet. I’m going with you guys.” Suga said as he moved beside Jimin.

“I appreciate the thought Yoongi, but you know, that club’s restricted to members only.” Jimin said as he and was about to leave with Jungkook when Suga stopped him in his tracks by grabbing his wrist.

“Then why…” Suga tilting his head towards Jungkook. “… is he going with you?”

“He’s special.” Jimin said so naturally that he didn’t know the effect it had on the younger… and so to Suga.

Jungkook felt his heart thump and his stomach doing summersaults as he heard Jimin’s words.

Suga felt his heart slump and his grip weaken.

“Yoongi, see you.” Jimin said as he waved

Please log in to read the full chapter