It’s been a never–changing awhile

All of me and you
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: It’s been a never–changing awhile

Jungkook’s POV

                I immediately took the leave from the hospital, Tae-hyung will drive me home as soon as possible and offered to help me pack up my things. I was really excited. I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy before. The moment we finished arranging my things, I went to my nurse and bid my goodbye. I was really grateful to her; she has been the mother figure that I’ve never really had.

                “Noona, I’m leaving now. I’m going to miss you.” I hugged tightly and tried to sniff her motherly scent for one last time. Well, I hope this will be the last. I don’t ever want to return here.

                “Aww… Jungkook-ah, you’re going to make this old noona cry.” She hugged me back tightly as I did and started to cry. I chuckled and tears started to form in my eyes as well.

                “Stu – pid, noona, you are already crying.” I said as I tried to comfort and wipe away her tears. But unknowingly, the tears I was holding back started to flow out of my eyes.

                “Back to you, kiddo.” She patted my head gently as if I was her real son.

                “Take care of yourself noona. I’ll always call you.” I dejectedly told her. I know that I’m really going to miss her.

                “I should be the one saying that, idiot. Don’t try to do anything stupid like before, okay?” She grasped my hand tightly eyeing the scars on my wrist. Worry planted on her aged face.

                “I won’t.” I smiled and assured her.

She hugged me for the last time and whispered a soft “Be happy.”

                 The people in this hospital has been very accommodating. They have been with me for a really long time, I owe them a lot of things. Even if this place only held bitter memories for me, it has helped me grow. Bidding my farewell to the hospital staffs was no easy task, it was hard holding back the tears that seemed to be betraying me to fall. They have been my company through hard times, I couldn’t thank them enough no matter how much I wanted to. Parting with them was hard but I was ready to embrace my new life from now on.

                 After saying all my goodbyes, I hurriedly went to Tae-hyung and rode my way home. Tae-hyung was talking non-stop on the road about how excited he was to tour me around my new school. I was listening but the only thing on my mind was how excited I was to meet Jiminie-hyung again.

                 It’s been awhile since I’ve last seen him. 7 years, I guess? I wonder how he’s doing, I miss him so much. Tae-hyung, Jiminie-hyung and I have been the best of friends since we were young, having our houses located beside each other must have been one of the reasons why. He does call me frequently, but I wanted to tell him personally. I can’t almost wait to break the news to him. The three of us are about to be schoolmates, imagine how wonderful is that? 

                 It took approximately 8 and a half hours to arrive at the city of Busan, our hometown, and my heart started beating faster. It’s been so long since the last I’ve been here, I was getting nervous. A lot of things have changed since then, I don’t see our secret base anymore, the old lady in our favorite candy store is nowhere to be seen, and the farm has been replaced by an enormous park. I was supposed to feel nostalgic but instead, everything felt new, leaving me n

Please log in to read the full chapter