Smile for me

All of me and you
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Smile for me
                These past few days have been nothing but fun for Jungkook, Jimin and V. The week passed by quickly and all the paperwork needed for Jungkook and V’s transfer were all done by this time. Logically speaking, this could be considered as Jungkook’s first day of school since he was almost home-schooled for the rest of his life. Calling him nervous would be an understatement. His heart was beating erratically; he was sweating profusely, despite all that his excitement conquered all his anxiety and fear.

                “Hey, slowpokes! It’s already quarter to 7, are you guys planning to head to detention on your first day?” Jimin was shouting from the outside of the Kim residence.

                “Just a minute! We’re almost done.” Jungkook flusteredly answered while helping his brother arrange his things. “This is all your fault Tae-hyung. It’s because you wouldn’t let me sleep earlier last night. That video game is going to cost us.”
                “What?! How is this my fault you were the one who wouldn’t wake up no matter how much I called!” V said while complaining how much of a heavy sleeper his younger brother is.

                “That’s not true.” Jungkook denied while pouting.

                “Yeah, right. Keep fooling yourself.” Tae-hyung playfully pinched Jungkook’s nose while smiling adorably at him.

                The two of them hurriedly ran downstairs and grabbed two slices of bread from the breakfast prepared by their butlers. Jimin has been waiting for almost half an hour for his dorky friends. He was just as excited as the two about going to school today. The feeling of going to school with his closest friends is something that will always warm his heart.
                “Is that all you’re eating?” Jimin asked while pointing at Jungkook when the both of them had arrived outside.

                “Yeah, this is enough. I’m not that hungry anyways” Jungkook answered casually.

                “But that’s unhealthy, especially when you’re h-” Jimin worriedly said before he was cut off by the stubborn younger male in front of him.

                “Hyung, we’re in a hurry, missing a breakfast once or twice won’t kill me, stop treating me like I’m too frail all the time. I can handle myself.” Jungkook tried to reassure his worried hyung but it was also because he gets irritable when Jimin treats him like a child. He doesn’t know why himself, especially when he knows that the older is just worried and caring, but it just bugs him when Jimin is the one doing it. He’s not particularly like that to anyone, just to Jimin. He wants Jimin to see him as an equal.

                And as if sensing the younger is annoyed of his persistence, Jimin decided to just let the matter go.

                “I’m sorry, I’m just a little paranoid. To make it up for that let me take you to school. My baby here tops any engines!” Jimin proudly fisted his chest while chiming the bell of his bicycle.

                “It has to live up to its name though, let me challenge the beast.” Jungkook chuckled and took the seat that was offered to him.  

                “Hey! That’s not fair, I want to ride too!” V whined while grabbing hold on Jungkook’s arms tightly and adamant on not letting the two ride on their own.

                “Just take your car.” Jimin rejected and turned his head towards the Kim’s family vehicle.

                “But… I don’t want to be left out!” V pouted. “…and besides…I can’t let the two of you alone…” he thought to himself.

                “Grab tight, Kookie-ah.” Jimin whispered softly but was loud enough for only Jungkook to hear. Jimin took this opportunity to forcefully pull Jungkook’s arms away from V and wrap it around his waist; He immediately started peddling away before V could even react.

                “Wait, Jiminie-hyung are you really just going to ditch Tae-hyung?” Jungkook asked but was actually quite happy because of what Jimin did.

                “Don’t mind him. He can handle himself. Anyways, grab tighter unless you want to fall.” Jimin turned back and smirked at the younger male which made Jungkook look down and grab tighter but not because he was scared to fall rather it was the fact that he was scared that the older would see his bright red blushing face. The moment Jimin felt Jungkook’s tightening his hug it made his heart beat too wildly. He was afraid that it was too loud the younger might hear it not knowing that the other was already deaf from his own beating heart. Jimin couldn’t stop himself from grinning ear to ear.

                “Where do I get the courage to do this? Wow, Park ing Jimin. Who’s the man? I’m the man.” Jimin thought to himself while smiling and humming blissfully. He was too happy praising himself that he didn’t notice the younger was staring intensely and admiring his figure from behind.

                The ride didn’t take a while since the school wasn’t too far from the house. Jungkook hurriedly stood up from the back of his seat due to the inability to handle his own beating heart. As soon as Jungkook let go, Jimin’s smile was gone as well.

                “You twats, how could you just run off on your own!” V jumped from behind them and arm-locked Jimin in the neck.

                “G-Give, Give up! I apologize!” Jimin tapped V’s arm as a sign of surrendering.
                “You are such idiots. Hate to break it to you guys but we’re late, we need to get going.” Jungkook laughed and gestured that they should hurry up and go to their respective classes.

                “Then let’s meet in the cafeteria later.” V suggested.

                “Sure.” Jungkook and Jimin agreed simultaneously.

                “Are you nervous, Kookie-ah?” Jimin noticed the slight tension the younger was feeling and pats his back secretly while he whispered his question with worry evident on his face.

                “Terrified.”

                “Don’t be. I’m here with you.” Jimin smiled and Jungkook loves that smile. It was the smile that made his heart ooze out with warmth and make his relentless nerves to calm down. It was that smile that can make everything seem so right even if it is wrong. It made him feel secured. Even though he was still nervous, he trusted the older’s words and felt that everything would be alright as long as he is with him.            

                The three of them went to their respective classrooms. V and Jimin were classmates in second year high school while Jungkook on the otherhand was a year level below them. When Jungkook entered his class, everyone’s eyes were on him. It was a rare occurrence for someone to transfer mid-semester of the school year but everyone was more amazed by the handsome transfer student. Girls were ogling Jungkook’s every move, much to his dismay. The stares made him uncomfortable and fidgety. His timidity seemed to have caught some unwanted attention from the bullies and avail them of their new target.

                “It seems that we have a little rebel here. Jungkook-ssi, so brave of you to be late on your first day. I’ll excuse you this once, but there won’t be a second time.” A woman who appeared to be his teacher scolded him.

                “I-I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.” Jungkook answered softly and wondered if his teacher heard him. He wanted to repeat it again but was too embarrassed to do so because he was already scolded on his first day.  

                “As I was saying before Jungkook-ssi here cut me off, he is the new transfer student. Everyone be nice to him and show him around, okay?” Most of the girls will gladly take upon this opportunity to flirt with the new transfer student and strip him off his personal space.

                “Please introduce yourself.” The teacher requested.

                “H-hello. My name is Kim Jungkook. Pleased to meet you all.” He introduced abruptly and bowed. If Jungkook hates something it would be introductions, he was always unsure and self-conscious when it comes to socializing.

                “That’s it?” The teacher questioned him for his unusual introduction.

                Jungkook nodded and immediately went to find his seat that the teacher pointed him. His luck was never something good but as if it was mocking him, he was exactly seated beside the school’s most infamous student, Min Yoongi.

                The school’s number one delinquent Min Yoongi or mostly known as Suga. No one who has seen his sweet smile lived to tell its tale. Rumors say that once he smiles all hell would freeze over and it meant the end of his opponents. Jungkook being the naïve one was oblivious to this f

Please log in to read the full chapter