Unalike Feelings

All of me and you
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Unalike feelings

*Flashback*

                “You… ing … I told you to bring more beers home!!” The man shouted as he continued to beat up his 5-year-old son without holding back or hint of remorse.

                “B-but… uncle said th-that I c-can’t… b-because we d-don’t have enough money anymore…” the child whimpered and crouched under the overwhelming figure of his father.

                “Useless! Why are you so useless!? Can you even do anything?” His father said while chugging down the last bottle of alcohol that his son bought from his own savings by begging for alms in the street. The man continued to rant out irrational things towards his son which a normal 5-year-old wouldn’t understand, but Jungkook understood it. Every single word of it. 

                The man left and went outside to further satisfy his desires and gambling addiction. It was always like this, Jungkook would let his father beat him up until he had calm down and released his frustrations. After this, he would always leave him battered and went out to gamble or find someone to blow him. This would be the only time wherein Jungkook felt happy and relieved because he could sneak out. He would always meet up with his cousin and his best friend secretly. For him everything he goes through was worth every second of his time with this two people.

                Jungkook ran with all his might. Thinking that it won’t be a while for his father to return. Even if just for a minute he needed to have a glimpse of his two most important people. He needs to see the both of them or else he might break down. Those two people are his last anchor on this wretched world.

                The coldness of the winter air pierced through his skin. It was in the middle of winter night yet the clothes he wore were light as he only had those. His feet sunk through the piled up snow in the pavement, leaving frostbites on his yet developed and frail skin. He was running towards the park that served as their secret hideout. As soon as he arrived, he saw two figures that didn’t differ much from his height. The older of the two immediately ran towards him and caught his shoulders worry plastered on his face. 

                “Jungkook-ah... are you alright?” Jimin said as he always notices that every time they meet the bruises just adds up on Jungkook’s porcelain and delicate skin. Jimin wrapped the scarf he was wearing around Jungkook’s neck and rubbed his hands to use it to warm up the younger’s face. “Jungkook-ah just wait for a while we’re going to get you out from there. I promise.”

                “It’s true! Jungkook leave it to us. I’ve told father everything.” Taehyung said as he assured the youngest to not worry anymore.

                “UNCLE? You told uncle? N-no, f-father w-would h-hurt me!” Jungkook started to shiver as he feared what may happen to him. A burden that a normal child shouldn’t even bear.

                “Jungkook..listen! Listen to me.” Taehyung said trying to calm Jungkook down but the younger started to tremble even more.

Jimin suddenly took Jungkook’s wrist and pulled him into a tight hug.

                “I’LL PROTECT YOU! TRUST HYUNG!”

                Jungkook was surprised from Jimin’s sudden action but he also felt warmth and security. He was scared of what might happen to him but as if on cue, after hearing Jimin’s assurance, he thought that he could at least believe on something in his miserable life. He always admired the older, how few simple words could make him feel the warmth that he always needed. In his eyes Jimin was a hero but at the same time a person he could never be.

                “No fair! I’ll protect Jungkook too!” Taehyung interjected as he felt the streak to not lose to Jimin.

                Jimin opened his other arm as a sign of invitation for Taehyung to join their little hug. And Taehyung gladly took the invitation enthusiastically while tackling the both of them down.

Jungkook carried a burden far heavier than any adult could possibly shoulder.

Jimin and Taehyung wished to lessen their precious friend’s burden.

All of them were just children.

Powerless and Feeble.

~~~

                Jungkook woke up early for school today. Ever since he and Jimin made up over a fight, which he himself didn’t know how it started, he’s mood has been over the clouds. He would always giggle by himself without any particular reason. V seemed to have noticed Jungkook and Jimin making up, therefore didn’t bother to pry about it anymore. Sensing that his younger brother’s mood swings had something to do about his fight with Jimin and that they have made up now.

If Jungkook’s happy, then everything is fine. That’s the only thing that matters to V.

*Bzzt**Bzzt*

V’s phone suddenly vibrated while the two reached the gates and was about to meet Jimin.

                “Yah! V, want to skip the class and hang out with me?” A deep voice emitted from the phone’s speaker.

“Right now?” V said clearly knowing the male who was at the other end of the line. He was clearly cautious about Jungkook hearing him skipping the class.

                “Well, I’m not doing anything, so I might as well do something… and by that I meant you.” The male was obviously hinting something to V. And as if sensing what the older male meant, V immediately agreed.

                “Gladly, hyung.” V answered with mischief coated in his words.

Jungkook caught his brother talking with someone on the phone, a sly smile covering his brother’s face. Wondering what was his brother up to.

                “Tae, what’s wrong?” Jungkook asked a he tilted his head. And went over to V.

The older immediately hanged up and hid his phone, causing suspicion from his brother.             

                “Nothing! It was from a friend.” As if avoiding the subject V ran towards Jimin and asked him to be the one to take Jungkook to school today.

                “I’ve suddenly got something to do. Can you just drop Kookie off to his class?” V casually asked Jimin and the older instantly agreed. Making V relieved.

                “Sure. Just make sure you’ll be in time for class.” Jimin said as he tried to remind his friend. Jungkook wanted to further question his brother but before he could even continue to do so, V already drove away.

                “Something is suspicious about Tae-hyung. He’s definitely up to something,” Jungkook said as he sat behind Jimin’s bicycle.

                “Kookie, since when were you so doubtful about your brother?” Jimin scoffed, thinking that the younger was being distrustful about something so whimsical.

                “Since he started going out with random people.”

                “Oh.”

                “Yeah. That ‘oh’. If he doesn’t stop, I’m afraid he might catch someone’s AIDS.” Jungkook said half-jokingly and half-seriously.

                “Kookie, V is an adult. He’s older than you, trust him. He knows what he’s doing.” Jimin said being very sure about his best friend. 

                “If you only knew, Jiminie-hyung. I caught him once you know…”

                “YOU?! WHAT?!”

                “I know. It scarred me for life.”  

                “Oh. Kim Taehyung, I’m going to kill you.” Jimin made a hundred different simulations on how to murder V without getting caught in his mind.

                The two enjoyed the ride to the school, with Jungkook’s arms wrapped around Jimin’s waist. It felt perfectly right for the two, it was so right that the two immediately became used to it. With their hearts beating in unison.

                It didn’t take a while for the two to reach school grounds. Jungkook and Jimin went to their respective classes, and just as Jungkook predicted, V didn’t go to class.

                Jungkook was about to go to his class when his attention got caught by a club post from the signboard. “Recruiting freshmen for the singing club” it was an involuntary action, Jungkook was staring at it before he knew it himself. He was too immersed in the post that he didn’t notice his surrounding until he’s attention got disrupted by a certain mint-haired delinquent.

                “Stop blocking the way, prick. What are you spacing out for?” An irritated Suga said as he forcefully bumped Jungkook along the way, causing the younger to flinch back into his senses.

                “None of your business.” Jungkook said not knowing what comes after his brazen answer to the infamous delinquent.

Suga suddenly slammed Jungkook against the wall, his hands finding its way to Jungkook’s neck as he tightly grasped on it, definitely leaving marks on the younger’s delicate skin.  

                “Since when did you start having guts, you loser? Can’t say I like you better now, I preferred you when you would just whimper away like the coward you are. It seems that you don’t want your life now huh?” Suga said inching closer with every word he spouted that was full of threat and malice.

                Suga thought that Jungkook was the same with everyone, a few threatening words and they would be running with tails between their legs. He already experienced too many instances where his intimidation got the best out of people and that caused everyone’s fear for him, Jungkook was once like that… at first. But what comes next was something the older did not expect.

                Jungkook looked directly at him, with cold expressionless eyes, it was a bottomless dark pit. The younger smirked and pushed the older slightly adding a short distance between their proximity. As if Suga got swallowed into the void Jungkook’s eyes was, he was left stunned for a

Please log in to read the full chapter