Startings

Hope
I'm rather free, i'm new though. sometimes, i suffer a mindblock + i'm still learning how to write professionally in medical terms. I'm sorry if i offend anyone.
NOTE: Italicised words are often thoughts.
-------------------------------------------------------
 
' Section 2, head over to Gyeongin Expressway. Accident, car crash against a tree. 1 unconscious, 1 injured. ' The commander hollered as he opened the door to the lounge where paramedics had their breaks, or it was somewhat called a waiting area.

Taeyeon, Yuri, Yoona rose up from their seats and rushed to the ambulance where they were needed. As usual, Yoona took the lead to drive, she was the best driver amongst the three in section 2.



' Accident at Gyeongin Expressway, car against a tree, 1 unconscious, 1 injured, not serious though. ' Taeyeon repeated the information provided about the accident scene as they rushed to their destination. Upon listening to her report, Yuri intstructed for herself and Taeyeon to attend to the unconscious individual as Yoona assisted the injured party.

' roger that ' , Yoona teasingly acknowledged.

Halting the vehicle, Taeyeon and Yuri hopped off it and pulled out the gurney along with a backpack bulging with first aid supplies. Likewise, Yoona carried a small first aid kit for the injured casualty.


' one and two and three and four and five and one and.....' A lady was already attending to the individual.

As she raised her head after providing two blows to the casualty, she saw her colleagues standing a distance away and nodded to allow them to take over.

'I did only 1 full cycle, 2 blows each 30count . Has a closed fracture on her left leg. " she told her colleague, Taeyeon.

Taeyeon liked how Tiffany was serious, not even close to her clumsy ways where she broke about 10 glasses at her home already.


Tiffany picked up her canvas bag which was left aside because to her, the casualty's life meant first although she was a really materialistic person or in a nicer way, a fashionista, before heading to the police where they took her testimony for their investigations.





MEANWHILE



' 1,2,3 up.' Yuri commanded and Taeyeon obeyed her instructions. They lifted up the petite lady onto the stretcher and into the ambulance with Yuri securing the casualty's head and Taeyeon in charge of her abdomen and thighs ensuring minimal movement due to the fracture.
Yoona led the other casualty to sit in the front seat with her as she just suffered minor bruises from this accident, cleaning with sodium chloride solution before covering up the abrasions with sterile pads and micropore tape. This casualty probably tried to resist the incoming force and scratched her palms against the aircon surface in the car resulting in the abrasions.

Then, Yoona immediately headed for the hospital. They had no time to lose, there was an unconscious individual.


'miss, hello hello are you okay.' Yuri tapped the unconscious with a bit of force and questioned sternly.

She checked if there was anything blocking the airway of the individual then she tilted the head and raised the chin to place her ears on top of the individual's mouth and nose. Checking if she was still breathing by the three ways- look,listen,feel. She placed her index and middle finger on the patient's wrist. ' No breathing. No Pulse. Immediate need to perform CPR ' She was getting a little tense, her first time.


Taeyeon gave her assurance and grabbed the AED to use it on this lady who was just moments away from her deathbed. She placed the pads, one on the chest and one to the left of the ribcage, provided in the AED kit
' STAND CLEAR. ' Taeyeon announced and listened to the intructions and guidance given by the device. Monitoring the heart monitor with every shock that was given.
 
 

 

Fortunately, they were near to the hospital, and at least they tried to do the necessary steps to ensure survival.

Yuri and Yoona proceeded to report what they had performed for the casualty as it was part of the procedure.

The nurses took over and rushed her into the ICU as soon as they had reached the hospital.

 

As they left the department, leaving the job for the doctors and nurses, Tiffany could be sighted running towards them
she exclaimed " yah! How's the casualty, is she alright? how is her condition? what's the chances of survival?...." she asked mountains of questions.

'As expected of her. Always so devoted to saving of lives - Tiffany Hwang.'
"W..wait halt your questions for later. " Taeyeon mumbled to stop the talkative woman.
" I'm just concerned " Tiffany tugged the arms of Taeyeon urging her to tell her something, Taeyeon frozed at her action. 'Don't do that...i may not be able to control myself..'
Taeyeon broke her silence and replied, politely as possible, " we don't know yet. But she wasn't conscious when we brought her here "
The smile on Tiffany's face disappeared and there was silence amongst the 4 colleagues.

Reaching the commander's office,
"Sir, She was unconscious and Tiffany happened to be at the scene, starting CPR first before we proceeded to use the AED on her in the ambulance." Taeyeon reported to the commander.

" Sir, for the injured, her wounds were just abrasions on her palms and bruises on her knees. Used sterile pads on the wounds to prevent infection. Everything okay and urged her to consult a doctor if anything was amiss. " Yoona added.

The commander nodded and dismissed them.
 
' where are y'all heading to next?' Tiffany asked her 2 other colleagues, knowing Taeyeon had no plans.
 
' Yoona and I are probably just heading home, it's late and i'm not on night shift today.' Yuri lied, secretly knowing Taeyeon wanted to be alone with Fany though unable to confirm whether Taeyeon liked Fany.

 'Ohh, okay, i guess Taeyeon and I could order takeouts' Tiffany smiled at the thought of food, Taeyeon didn't say a word but was heartened by Tiffany's inititaive, just like Jessica did previously.

'the sandwich incident, kinda similar.' Taeyeon blushed at the thought of it.

 
Being a paramedic didn't really require Taeyeon and Tiffany to own a car. Besides, their workplace was just three bus stops away.
Used to grabbing the same old weird seats- the one that faced the back of the bus where Taeyeon always hopped onto the one next to the window, the latter beside her. 'Similar again.' she thought as she gazed out of the window
 
They got off at the third stop and strolled to Taeyeon's home where Fany currently lodges at with Taeyeon.
' I'll call for ramen, I'm craving for it " Tiffany announced, ' You? '
' Anything ', Taeyeon was rather cold, but Tiffany got used to it after staying at her place for so long. Although she felt sad at times that could cause her her sleep because it was Taeyeon afterall.