E I G H T

The Dream || VKook || TaeKook

Recap from Chapter 7:

 

"well don't just stand there, help me clean it up before my mother sees!"

 

Author

Just as Taehyung–with the slight help from Jungkook–had cleaned up the mess, Taehyung's mother practically ran in the room and tackled her son into a hug. He chuckled at his mother as she began telling him how worried she was that he was late. He simply apologised and admitted that he missed the turn off. It was her turn to laugh at her son, "Tae I've told you enough times that its the turn off with the yellow mailbox."

"I know, Eomma. I'm sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention."

 "Anyway, how was your first day? Meet any new friends?"

Taehyung made immediate eye contact with Jungkook, "yeah a few. Jungkook being one of them. Right Jungkookie?"

Jungkook stared at Taehyung in shock as the other had a smirk latched on his face, "aw you are even on nickname basis! That's adorable! But it must be fate."

"Huh?"

"You know, since Jungkook lives right next door, sillyhead!" she replied in a bubbly tone.

Taehyung chuckled eyes full of mischief, "oh is that so?"

Jungkook strangely felt uncomfortable under Taehyung's stare and found himself shifting from left to right.

"You know, I should probably head home."

"Ahh, why don't you stay for dinner so we can thank you properly for all you've done?" Taehyung's mother immediately released her son and faced Jungkook.

Looking towards Taehyung, he laughed nervously, "I-i would love too–but I probably shouldn't, i'm not sure when my mum will be home, she might wonder where i've gone."

"Awe i'm sure she'd be fine if you leave her a quick message, both Tae and I would really love if you stayed for dinner. Wouldn't we Tae?" Taehyung just nodded his head.

Jungkook didn't know what to say, he knew his mother wouldn't be return home until some time after nine o'clock, "ahh–maybe."

Jungkook knew that he wouldn't be able to decline, he knew he was just running away once again from Taehyung but if he was being honest, too much was happening in a single day.

Taehyung felt like if he didn't say something, this chance may slip through his fingers like sand. So he cleared his throat before trying to not come across as too eager, "yeah, Kookie you should stay." 

Jungkook didn't know why but the moment he looked into Taehyung's eyes, he felt himself melt into them and almost as if on cue, he had agreed before registering the words which had left his mouth, "s-sure."

Taehyung's mother clapped her hands in excitement, "yay, Tae honey, why don't you show Jungkook to your room? I'll shout you both down when dinner's done. But it won't be for a few as it's only four-thirty!"

"Uh–"

"Wait, Tae why's the floor slippery?" his mother started to question the glistening floor, finally noticing the wet paper tissues lying in a bundle on the new laminate flooring, "did you spill something on the floor?"

"Um, well we gotta go now, see you at dinner eomma!"

Taehyung didn't hesitate to grab Jungkook's hand, pulling him upstairs and straight into his room shutting the door once he heard his mother yell, "KIM TAEHYUNG!"

 

–––––––––––––––

 

Once he closed the door, he locked it for precaution as his mother was very unpredictable. He then leaned against it not realising he still had Jungkook's hand in his own. When he did, he immediately let go and the atmosphere immediately turned awkward. Slowly picking himself up he walked towards his bed–luckily enough their furniture had arrived while he was at school, giving his parents enough time to set up his bed for him–Taehyung sat on the matress immediately sinking into its base. Jungkook was standly idly not knowing what to do until Taehyung patted the bed beside him. Taking a seat next to him, a more comfortable silence passed through.

 

"Hey Jungkook, can I ask you something?"

Jungkook thought on how to answer but he couldn't be bother playing games anymore, so he just nodded.

"Why do you act weird around me? Do you not like me, or is that I am really annoying?"

Jungkook looked at his lap, he didn't even know the answer. "Honestly, I don't know why I act weird aroung you. It's something new. But I can tell you that you are definitely not annoying. It's just I've barely known you for a day and i already know a lot about you, it's just a little intimidating."

"And......also, I'm sorry about the way I acted at school today, I was a major ." He confessed to the older, "I'm just afraid of them finding out that we met through a dream, i mean it's not exactly a normal everyday thing."

"But don't you think it's a little coincedental that we dreamt of each other the night before we actually met one another?" Taehyung asked, eyes laced with curiousity.

"Yeah that is a little strange."

"But I mean surely it's a sign? Maybe it is fate like my mother said or maybe it's an alien trying to contact us?" Taehyung sprung up from the matress, "What if its the alien bunnies on the moon! Oh wow! I've gotta get my camera ready, I might actually meet one!" He bolted to one of his many boxes on the floor and began to rumage through them, Taehyung yelled in glee when he found what he was looking for; his blue polaroid camera. Releasing the camera, he turned it on before pointing it directly at an unsuspecting Jungkook. Snapping the shot, a flash of light lit the room before disappearing as quick as it came.

Jungkook blinked at the sudden event before frowning, "yah! Why'd you take a photo of me?"

Taehyung turned around and stared at him simply before stating, "today is a historic day for all, I needed to celebrate it with the one who helped this day become possible, you."

"You are joking with me right?" Jungkook asked, but when Taehyung gave him a serious look he knew he meant it.

"Well yeah, of course I am." Taehyung stated as he waft the polaroid picture in the air, it slowly revealing an unexpecting Jungkook, "alien bunnies live on the moon, there are also alien slimees too!"  

"Umm, what the heck are 'alien slimees'?" Jungkook quizzed baffled.

"Oh my lord. Haven't you read 'Aliens 101', 'Alienography' or 'SSL-F'?!" Taehyung exclaimed outraged at Jungkook's lack of knowledge.

"SSL-F?"

"Yeah, SSL-F it stands for 'Space's Secret Life-Forms'," Taehyung gave him a disappointed look, "geez Jungkook thats common knowledge."

"Eh, was I supposed to have read them?" Taehyung simply shook his head.

"Jungkookie, Jungkookie, Jungkookie..." Taehyung continued, "I just–wow, I mean I can't believe nor blame you if you haven't read them. Therefore, I have a solution!"

"Oh and that is?" he quizzes.

"I'm willing to lend you my precious copies for a few days!"

Taehyung didn't wait for Jungkook's reply before he started rummaging through a box labeled 'Tae's Alien Stuff' and grabbed three books from it, all different sizes and weights. Placing the books with a soft thump on Jungkook's lap.

"There! I have plenty more where these came from, so if you need anymore just let me know. I'm your man." Taehyung grinned a cheshire smile.

Jungkook simply sighed and decided to play along for now, there were no way these things existed but he wasn't going to dishearten the other when the mood had changed for the better. Nodding he placed the books beside him, "so, what should we do now?"

Taehyung looked a little surprised but shrugged never-the-less, "um well anything really. I mean we could watch a movie or just hang out?"

"Let's just hang out then," Jungkook stated looking towards the window, "oh you can see into my room from here."

With that Taehyung turned towards the window with amazement, "wow, you can too! Isn't this great, we can talk to each other from our windows or use notes instead."

Turning to me he grinned, "wah it's just like in those movies!"

Jungkook shrugged, "why not."

 

 

 

After an hour of doing nothing interesting, Taehyung decided to say something, "hey Jungkook?"

"Hmm?"

He faced Jungkook simply analysing his face, "are we friends now?"

"Well," Jungkook turned to Taehyung, looking him directly in his eyes, "if you want us to be? Yeah."

"Oh goodie, let's be the best of friends!" Taehyung excitedly jumped on his bed, "lets take a commemorative photo of this moment!"

Wrapping his arm around Jungkook's neck, letting it rest on his shoulders. He pulled Jungkook extrememly close to the point where he was took by surprise, causing him to lose balance as Taehyung pressed the button on his polaroid. Jungkook then toppled over Taehyung. At some point Taehyung had closed his eyes through the whole ideal and when he opened them he was shocked to find Jungkook a mere few centimetres away staring directly at him. With no hesitation he lightly pushed Jungkook off him and sat up.

Standing up he opened the locked door, "i-i need the toilet, i'll-ll be right back."

Closing the door behind him, Taehyung leaned against it trying to calm his irrational breathing. He had hoped it wasn't what he thought it was. He didn't need another crack in his heart.