F I V E

The Dream || VKook || TaeKook

A/N: Happy New Year~ this chapter is finally done, yaaay. A special thanks to cat7890 for the upvote!~ 

Next update will be late January, maybe February, not sure when I'll be able to update as my grandad is staying with us for a month and I haven't seen him for over ten years, crazy stuff~, so i'm wanting to spend some time with him. *^^*

 

Jungkook

 

It was currently break, I had just finished taking my biology test and was heading towards the cafeteria with Jimin, he was complaining on how three of the questions on the test were nothing he had studied on. Knowing there was no way to console him I simply let him babble on. Soon we arrived pushing through the double doors, the scent of chicken drafted to our noses, making me smile unconsciously sending me a little aloof–the smell was divine, after all chicken was my absolute favourite. I practically darted towards the lunch line leaving Jimin behind in the dust, once I had made it I tried to get a good look at the menu, not having any luck I tapped the girl in front with eager eyes.

"Do you know what's on the lunch menu today?" I asked trying to keep my cool as if I hadn't bolted to get here just to fill my stomach with the chicken-y delight–which was still lingering in my nostrils.

The girl turned around from talking to her friend a little irritated before seeing who she was talking too and immediately let a smile spring to cheeks, I saw it all but ignored it.

"Ah o~ppa! Today we have two sets; chicken wings and leek soup or BBQ ribs and chicken soup," she elaborated in an extremely–fake–sickly tone that made me want to puke.

I 'cooly' nod my head wanting to escape the predicament that was to come my way. Quickly grabbing myself a tray, in the corner of my eye I watched her turn around sulking I smirk, she thought. As I was waiting in line my phone beeped, it was Jimin, he had messaged me to get him some lunch. I told him to go get his own but we both knew that he would not go down without a fight. Luckily enough for him, I was in a giving mood today and typed him one last message, you owe me. I was still within five meters distance of the table holding the trays and simply asked someone in the line to grab me an extra one, giving them a soft smile they immediately handed it to me, I thanked them ignoring how their cheeks lit a rosy red. After a long wait it was finally my turn, I ordered both sets. I figured Jimin would be leeching off my own tray so we'll simply share. I carefully juggled the two trays as I made my way towards the table sat at the back where my friends sat chatting away. When I made it to the table, I was greeted by everyone as I told Jimin to shuffle up. Greeting everyone back, I placed the two trays down with difficulty. Jimin and I exchanged some ribs and wings before we began to eat, only for Seokjin to interrupt the peace making me choke on a big piece of chicken, "so I heard you know the new kid in your year? Is that true?"

My coughs filled the air as Jimin pat my back roughly, I rubbed my throat as I gently pushed away Jimin's hand. After I had calmed I simply stared at Jin confused, "how'd you know that?"

"I have my informants, they keep me up to date with everything going on around the school, so it's true?"

I simply sighed nodding my head, "sorta."

Jin and his damn informants, I internally groaned knowing extremely well I was about to be hassled.

Seokjin's eyes furrowed, "what do you mean?"

"Well, we um, we met online."

Seokjin nodded his head, "so why don't you go and invite him to eat lunch with us?"

"No," I raised my voice an octave higher, "I-I don't want him too."

Liar.

"Jeon Jungkook! Don't be so selfish, you were the first person he met in Busan, you can't just let him think you are strangers. Go and invite him to sit with us. And don't forget to invite his friend too!" Seokjin demanded, I knew that I had lost this fight but I still wanted to try.

"But Jin we are strangers. We have never met before, I've talked with him online like once!"

Jimin snickered at my response, "didn't seem that way to me~. He was looking at you with hopeful eyes and you stared at him in surprise. Something must have happened between you two, there's no way nothing did~."

Yeah something definitely happened alright! I thought cockily ignoring their questioning glances, we dreamt of each other.

Jin glared sighing dramatically, his inner mother coming out, "I don't care whether you ted him or stalked him, you still know him. So take responsibility and be a man."

I looked at him in disbelief, was that all I was seen as to them...a crook?

"Is that what you guys think of me? A stalker? A freakin' creep? Wow," I scoffed outraged. 

Namjoon and Jimin simply smirked it off, the two had been snickering away at our bickering for a while now. I wanted to wipe those stupid smirks off their ugly faces. 

"Yah, you think this is funny!" I yelled at them punching Jimin in his arm, hard.

He gave a tiny whimper but still held that damn smirk, replying cockily he chuckled, "yes actually, I do."

Threatening to hit him again with my hand, he cowered away causing me to smirk this time round, "you may be my best friend but I won't hesitate to give you an whopping," I chuckle when he pouts.

 

 

Letting the air between us cool and harmonise. I stand up with a great sigh, turning away from my friends, I began my descent away from our table, "let's get this over and done with then."

I gave a long, detailed look around the cafeteria, my eyes tracing each and every face in hunt for the familiar male. The male that had made me want to forget him under rare circumstances. And the male whom I could never seem to erase from my thoughts in the mere few hours I'd actually met him. My eyes came to a sudden halt when they traveled past a table over in the far left corner where two figures sat eating comfortably, back tracking to the table I immediately recognised one the figures to be the very person I happened to be looking for; Kim Taehyung. I gave a small glare to the unknowing male, he hadn't even met the majority of his friends and he was already taking them away from him. His blood boiled at the thought and an undeniable itch to attack the boy was lacing at the back of his mind, but he knew he would never do it, he knew he would not attack him. Taehyung was too innocent looking to be considered a thief, or even to be considered as someone who plays people by making another's life their own. This was something I knew Taehyung could not do and I knew this because of the dream. Taehyung had shared so much with me in those few hours we shared and the time spent felt like years, I truly felt as if Taehyung was my best friend and that in those few hours it felt like I had known him my entire life when in actual reality I had only known him for a mere few minutes; excluding the time we had shared together asleep. I scoffed at the thought of actually meeting within a dream, it surely was not possible and yet it definitely happened–we both recalled meeting each other, the words we had shared–I, myself, did not think it was real and did not expect to ever meet Taehyung again in both reality and in the dream land. But despite what I had told him that night, I have always had a secret desire of hope that someone would see through my sacred act; the act I had held together since young, the act that hid my true self at the most desired moments, the act that shows the true coward I really am. My thoughts went back to the dream with Taehyung and the way he earnestly told me his troubles, his nightmares and his hidden feelings–Taehyung looks strong that I know, but he has a tender heart that makes me want to protect him, to shield him from the bad and encourage the good. I wanted to see him laugh, to hear it chime off the walls and soar into the hearts of everybody listening, I want to see the way it makes his eyes crinkle and make others laugh along. I want it to be my cure, but I could never admit it as an undesired tendency filled it's space; hatred? No, fear. The fear of someone knowing my true self, the fear of losing someone I care for, the fear of someone taking away what's mine, the fear of knowing there was nothing I could do to stop it and the fear of losing to my inner desires. That kind of fear, the fear of being afraid to take risks and the fear it takes to be a true man. That was what filled the empty void that was left over from these thoughts. If I had the choice of not being afraid of those inner thoughts that would be the day I would take things for granted, the day I make him mine and have no utter regrets.

 

 

 

Upon arriving to the table I stood there looking at Taehyung until he slowly tilted his head up confused, I took in a silent breath as we made eye contact making me slightly swelter inside, he was the first to break it.

"Oh hello Jungkook," Taehyung mumbled looking down at the table.

His friend eyed me curiously, giving me a teasing glint, "what is the most popular boy doing standing before a transfer student? Here to confess your love?"

"As if I would do such a thing," I spit out before coughing into my hand, "actually I'm here to ask something of–" I let my eyes slip to Taehyung's hunched figure, "–Taehyung."

Taehyung jumped at his name, immediately looking up at me his eyes were wide and full of surprise; a tint of curiosity, "what did you want to use me to tell more lies to your friends?" He looked away with a sad glint to his brown chocolate eyes.

"Uh," I look around awkwardly, "actually no."

"Lies?" His friend quizzed him.

"Oh, is that so? Then why are you here?" Taehyung ignored his friend's question, his eyes were now certainly laced with–hope?

"I–we were wondering if you wanted to come an-and," I stumbled with my sentences, "you see, we have a few spare seats available at our table, so do the two of you want to come and eat lunch with us?"

I look away completely before cautiously making eye contact with the two of them. Taehyung looked at his friend, the two of them having a conversation with their eyes. They could just speak... After seemingly settling on an answer, Taehyung looks back to me with an eager look that reminded me of a cute baby duck, don't ask me why, I don't even know.

"And why is that, you barely know us?" His friend asked skeptically staring at me.

Now that I have a good look at this guy, he looks oddly familiar but I can't seem to put his face to a place. My classes? Surely I would remember my classmates, the park? Nah it's pretty much abandoned, the neighbourhood? Seems logical enough. Oh well it's not like it matters, i'll find out eventually.

"Oh I didn't realise it's illegal to try and get know someone better by inviting them to lunch," I reply sarcastically, letting my gaze harden on Taehyung's friend who simply returned it with a devious smile that made my right eye slowly begin to twitch, the sudden curiosity as to who this guy was floated back into my mind and unfortunately it was not leaving any time soon. Possibly sensing the sudden change in atmosphere Taehyung stepped in between the 'friendly' conversation shared between the two of us.

He stood up brashly dropping his spoon before making me turn to him as he waved his arms to capture my attention, "yeah, we'd like to join you all for lunch!" Taehyung nervously chuckled as he eyed both his friend and I.

This is gonna be a strange day, I thought. But little did I know, how much that statement was to be very true.