S I X

The Dream || VKook || TaeKook

A/N: Waaah, this story has over 260+ subs! Thank you so much! Also sorry for being absent for almost three months now. (>.< ) I have started school again *sigh*, I'll try to update when I can but its my final year and its a little full on. But I will do my best to balance it!~

Anyways, enjoy!~

 

Jungkook

"So, Taehyung you met our Jungkookie through the web?" Jin spoke in a tender tone towards the light chestnut haired boy, unlike how he speaks to me. 

I gave him a serious deadpanned stare as he ignored me and waited patiently for Taehyung's answer, but I knew he felt me staring. He always does this when we meet new people–acts sweet before unleashing his motherly beast–first he anaylses his prey, then he decides if they are worthy enough of joining the group. If they fail he figures out the best possible root to corner them, then rip into the poor souls and devour them to fill his appetite. I gulped at the thought of him not approving of Taehyung, even if I act like I don't want him around–when in truth I would like that–he still finds his way in opening one of many doors that leads him closer to my secret paradise. I know I should give up on him and close those doors he's managed to open, but the task is proving to be harder than it should be. I've broken many hearts and friendships, so why can't I separate myself from this one transfer student? I must do so before it becomes to late, but the question is how when I've already become attached to him.

"Jungkookie?" I heard Taehyung whisper, I turned my gaze towards him in curiousity, our eyes clashing with mixed feelings.

I quickly look away avoiding his innocent stare. Releasing a breath I did not realise I was holding, I put my hand to my chest feeling the unfamiliar rhythm my heart was pumping at. It had never done this before, well unless I had felt guilty or nervous, so what did this mean? Was I nervous? Or maybe, no, I couldn't be, it's impossible. I couldn't be fa–

"Kook, you okay? You seem very subdued, which is not normal," a voice broke me out of my strange thoughts–which I hadn't realised had taken me into my own world–I turn my head towards the voice and just stare, "but I swear you were fine this morning though," he whispers.

Namjoon's words dawned on me, I slightly shift my gaze towards Taehyung who currently sat with his shoulder's slumped and a small pout latched to his lips, I turn back to Namjoon and give him a glare, "yah! I was wondering about how amazing I did on my biology test compared to Jimin!"

I give a smug look towards Jimin who was now in a fit of protest, "ya-ya-yah! You agreed with me that you didn't even know what I didn't know, so you can't talk about how much better you did then me!"

"Actually Jimin, I never actually said I didn't know it. I just agreed with you because I knew you wouldn't stop talking about it if I didn't agree."

Jimin's face scrunched up in disbelief instantly, not long after he shouts in my face, "liar then what's the answer to question fourteen!"

"It's 'b', the V.cholerae toxin disrupts normal signal transduction in the cell. We actually learnt that in first term, when you didn't study any lesson materials until your mother kicked your in for getting a C minus in the third test, second term when the topic had changed. So it's a no-brainer you wouldn't actually remember it," I poke my tongue out at him before settling with a smug look, "am I right Jin hyung?"

Jimin's face dropped when he heard Seokjin's answer, "that is correct. But don't worry about it too much Jimin, you'll actually go over that topic again next year."

"Well that is if you can make it with your grades~" I joke, giving Jimin a tap on the back, Jimin whacks me in the shoulder before sighing, "don't worry I'll be your tutor. You should call me 'Master Jeon' from now on~."

Jimin sunk in his seat before suddenly springing back up with a light smile, "well know that I think about it, if you were listening to me–" he turns to me, "–you would have known I had circled b for question fourteen on a whim. So you can stick that up your  because luck's on my side~."

"Yeah yeah, well moving on. What were you guys talking about before?"

Jungkook scanned each face sitting at the table who all stared back at him excluding Taehyung and his friend, "what? Did I miss something here, you're all staring at me weirdly?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Tell you what?" I ask utterly confused, what are they talking about? Wait Taehyung didn't tell them, did he?..

"About that–" I whisper out cutting myself short when Seokjin starts speaking.

"That you met Taehyung through facebook, we thought you were some kind of hoe on a dating site," Seokjin scolded me in a joking manner.

It took me a moment to regisiter his words, "oi, I'm not some damn hoe! I'll have you know that I am actually a very decent man when it comes to meeting people or hitting on them," acting like a snob I raise my chin to the roof, cheeks tinted with a rosy pink colour.

"Yeah yeah mister big head~" Jimin calls out in a sing-song voice.

"Yah, shut up jamless."

 

That was how the rest of lunch passed by; with the constant bickering between Jimin and myself, the quick looks both Taehyung and I shared before catching each other in the midst, the small talk Seokjin created including both Taehyung and Hoseok–turns out he prefers the nickname Jhope, but he looks like a horse to me, so i'm going to call him Jhorse from now on–and the constant yapping of students chatting away nosily in the cafeteria.

 

~•~

 

The rest of the day passed surprisingly quick for Jungkook and it was time to head home, as it turns out he had Taehyung in two more of his classes that day; Japanese and Korean Studies. In fact after comparing eachother's timetables at lunch, they learnt that for the whole school week Taehyung and Jungkook shared most classes together–five in total actually, the other two included P.E and Psychology–while Jimin only had a total of two classes with him; Maths and English, and a study session on Tuesday and Thursday. During their two classes together Jungkook had tried his best to avoid Taehyung in both of them, he had succeeded to do so in his Japanese class but failed miserably to avoid him in his Korean studies. Jungkook had been sitting on a desk in the back row by the window, the desk to his right had been empty for two months since his last deskmate had moved to Seoul. So coincidentally Taehyung had taken his place next to Jungkook when the teacher had found out about their acquaintance with each other. Jungkook simply rested his head down on his desk while Taehyung gave him a small awkward smile not knowing how to make Jungkook open up to him, but he knew that he was going to do what-ever it takes to make Jungkook open up to him and give that cheeky smile like when he is with his friends. Though Taehyung was curious about one thing Jungkook had said to him but obviously didn't mean, he was going to get an answer from Jungkook for it too.

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook slowly made his way home from the bus stop two streets away from his house. He was distracted by his thoughts about today's particular events, he figured they had been extremely strange–like fate–as first he had a dream where he met a boy named V, only to wake up and attend school to meet a new student named Kim Taehyung–who was actually V, the boy from his dream–and now Taehyung had somehow wiggled his way into Jungkook's closed-off, tightly knit group of popular friends and let's not forget that they share quite a few classes together. Jungkook still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he had dreamed of Taehyung the night before he had actually met him, he wanted to know the reason as to why he could connect such a way with a complete stranger–whom he denied he felt very comfortable with–he just simply could not believe it. Releasing a deep sigh, he walked past a secret pathway that leads to an abanonded park–Jungkook's secret hideout–and straight towards his street. Upon descending the small hill to his street, he noticed an oddly familiar body shape and behind–not that he was checking him out or anything, he claimed it was just familiar–on the opposite side of the street.

"Is that Hoseok?" he whispers.

Did he always live around here? Jungkook thinks to his self before deciding to keep an eye on him until he arrive at his house. Watching him in a non-conspicious movement–in reality he was ducking behind any parked car or tree as if he was in some kind of spy movie, adding in a roll every so often for the fun of it–he was surprised to find that he was two houses away from his own when he had stopped to watch Hoseok pull out a key and unlock a gate directly across from his house. Hosoek was his neighbour? Jungkook could not believe it, he had spent a matter of seven years living near Hoseok and not even realising...that made him feel terrible. Watching the male disappear behind the wooden door he stood up from the small bush in which he had took cover in, before turning towards his house. I knew he felt familiar....does that mean I met him here or just around town? Shrugging the thought off, Jungkook remembered the neighbours were still moving in when a couple were removing boxes from a van. Walking up to them, he put a small smile on.

"Hi, you must be the new neighbours. I am Jeon Jungkook. I live just next door over there," he pointed to the house on their right, "with my mother, Yeum Jeon." Asking politely, "Would you like a hand moving in?"

"Ah yes hello, I'm Kim Daehyun and this is my wife, Hyeon. It's a pleasure to meet you," the man, Daehyun, introduced politely offering his hand, taking it amongst my own, we shake hands firmly, "we'd appreciate the extra pair of hands. I'm not too sure of where my lazy son is at the moment," he laughed.

"Oh you have a son?" Jungkook asked.

The Kim's nod, "yeah two. The oldest is in college, and our youngest is around your age but don't be fooled, he has the mentality of an eight year old."

Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle, it reminded him of too many of people he knew–not that he would ever tell them, no that would be no fun. Jungkook then began helping the Kim's out and slowly but surely they had brought all their boxes from the truck into the living room. While Mr Kim had left to go find their son, Mrs Kim and Jungkook settled down inside. After all their hardwork they took a break.

"Thank you for your help, did you want a drink?"

Jungkook humbly smiled, "ah, it's no problem and yes please."

"What would you like; water, milk or orange juice?"

"Water is fine thank you." 

"Okay I'll only be a moment, please make yourself comfortable!" Mrs Kim chirply replied and left the room.

Jungkook stood idly in the room admiring its little decoration, it wasn't long before Mrs Kim returned with a bottle of water, "I couldn't find the cups, so is a bottle okay?" 

Being polite he nodded and said it wasn't a big deal, not forgeting to thank her before she ran off mumbling something about leaving the stove on. That left Jungkook standing alone in a stranger's home, he felt it would be rude of him to just up and leave and decided to wait for her to come back. While he waited he stared at three framed family photographs which were on display, he loosened his lid before taking a sip from the bottle. Staring at the first photo, he saw the Kim's with two male children; one seven and the other ten. They were having a picnic watching festival fireworks, Jungkook felt the edges of his lip tilt up into a smile, he then moved on to the second photo. This time it was only the two children, but they were two years older and were playing on a playground that took the shape of a ship–playing tag. The children were cute and reminded him of Mr Kim very much. Moving on to the final photo, it was once again of the whole family, but the children were much older–teenagers infact. The older was just a little taller than the younger–though Jungkook couldn't tell which was the older or younger brother–they looked very similar and had taken more of their mother's features compared to when they were younger, but both still resembled their father greatly. Jungkook looked at the smaller male and found a weird sense of dejavu coming from him–almost as if he had met him before but Jungkook couldn't recall where. Hence as to why Jungkook decided he needed a better look at him, so he leaned in closer–his bottle of water still open and full. As he leaned in closer to get a better look, a deep yet familiar voice called out from behind him.

"Who are you?" 

Jungkook froze at the voice, no-no-no-noo. How can this true, no it can't be! Jungkook decided he may have been imagining things and span around facing the other quickly, seeing the other his jaw immediately dropped–and he may have freaked out for a second and dropped his open water bottle.

He asked in disbelief, "Taehyung?"