O N E

The Dream || VKook || TaeKook

 

Jungkook
 

"Wait, before you go?"

"Yes?"

"I know this isn't real..a-and that we'll probably never meet in real life or probably ever again. But I wanted to tell you that I'm thankful to have met you, even if it was for just one night."

"Yeah?"

"And I know it's strange to say this on the first meeting but I feel like I have finally met someone who understands me. You know?"

"Yeah, I guess," silence falls between us, "I don't think this will be the only time we'll see each other. Whether it turns out to be in real life or only in our dreams, I'll be anticipating your arrival."

"..Really?"

I give him a nod, "Of course, we're friends."

He gives me a goofy rectangular grin, showing off his pearly whites before giving me a wave goodbye. I shyly wave back before opening the only door to the illuminated room and walk through it's radiant glow.

That night I dreamt of a boy with light chestnut hair and a square rectangular smile. He was sweet, but I never got his name...only his nickname, V.

I open my eyes to the familiar white roof that has multiple glow in the dark stars attached to it. Smiling at nothing I turn towards my alarm clock, 6:59am. I wait a few seconds before hearing the familiar buzzing sound, which signalled to me it was now 7am. Pressing the off button, I clamber out of bed, the warmth leaving and slowly being replaced by the cool air. I step onto the tiles below me and squirm, ice cold. Ignoring it's icy touch, I grab my clean school uniform which had been resting upon my desk and walk towards my bathroom. After having a steaming hot shower, I made my way towards the unusually empty kitchen.

"Mum must be at work."

Resting upon the fridge was a note which read, 'Baby, work called and I had to head in earlier. There's blueberry pancakes for breakfast, they're in the microwave, heat them up before you eat them (I know what your like). Oh and do not forget the new neighbours are moving in today, if you happen to see them, please help them out. I mean it. Alright, I'm running late as it is. Love you, Mummy xx'

Sighing, I take the pancakes from the microwave where she had said she'd left them and start eating them, they were cold.

I shrug as I remember her instructions to warm them up beforehand, "Oh well, it's not like she'll ever know."

Once I finished eating I chucked my dishes into the sink, not caring if they smashed or not. I grabbed my school bag which only contained a single book and few pens which were sprawled across the bottom. It was all I really needed. I left the house in a hurry, double checking I locked the door behind me before running for my bus.