S E V E N

The Dream || VKook || TaeKook

 

Recap from Chapter 4:

 

"Taehyung?" 

 

Taehyung

 

I look up to come face to face with a pair of dark eyes, giving me that familiar icy look that made my heart feel strangely fuzzy. They belonged to the very male who had been avoiding me, Jeon Jungkook. Never would I have thought that coming home from a hectic first day of school, would leave me to be left with the chaos of living next to the very male from my dream–let alone standing infront of him in my very own home.

 

-Flashback Start- 

 

When I had agreed to sit with Jungkook and his friends, I never thought that the first thing they talk to me about was Jungkook. Though they were really kind to me, I honestly didn't know what to say nor do. Everytime I looked over at Jungkook he had a distant look in his eye or he was busy eating. At the moment though, Jungkook seemed to be glaring at Seokjin and it had me curious as to why, he had been nothing but sweet.

"I heard you and Kook, share some classes together?"

I nod, "ye-yeah, we do."

"I see, I also heard that you met him before. Is that true?"

I nod, "yes, facebook."

"So, Taehyung-ah you met our Jungkookie through the web?" Seokjin spoke sweetly clarifying everything he needed.

"Jungkookie?" I whisper.

I turn my head towards him, I couldn't help but think it was an adorable nickname and really hoped that I would be able to call me that in the near future. While I was staring at him, our eyes clashed leaving mixed feelings between us, I immediately looked away.

"Ah thats one of his many nicknames, his others include 'Kook', 'Kook-ah', 'Kookie Monster', 'Brat', 'Golden Maknae' or 'Golden Mak' for short." I turned my head to the one speaking next to Jungkook, his name was Chimchim or something. He was chuckling and I felt a light smile grace my lips.

Feeling a little daring I took another look at Jungkook, hoping he wouldnt meet my gaze. Luckily for me, he was off in his own world, it was actually pretty cute seeing a light frown of concentration upon his forehead as his coconut hair slightly hanged over it. It seemed as if I wasn't the only one who noticed as the other guy sitting next to him, Namjoon, snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Kook, you okay? You seem very subdued, which is not normal," Jungkook just turned his head towards the other and stares, "but I swear you were fine this morning though," he whispered but I heard it quite clearly.

That made me realise that I could have been the very reason Jungkook was acting this so called 'strange' and it made me upset, I pouted. Unknowingly I had slumped in my seat receiving a quizzical look from Hoseok, before I looked at my hands in my lap missing Jungkook's gaze.

 

"Yah! I was wondering about how amazing I did on my biology test compared to Jimin!"

At that my head sprang up, had he noticed my actions? And if he had did he change the topic for me? My chest fluttered with warmth at the thought and I couldnt help the grin which naturally crawled onto my face. Unknowingly I had missed half of the conversation until I heard my name being said.

"...Taehyung through facebook, we thought you were some kind of hoe on a dating site," Seokjin scolded him in a joking manner and it was definitely different from the way he had spoken to me earlier. It almost made sense as to why Jungkook was glaring at him, but I'm not a hundred percent sure so i'll leave it at that.

Jungkook brought me back to the current conversation, "oi, I'm not some damn hoe! I'll have you know that I am actually a very decent man when it comes to meeting people or hitting on them," acting like he ruled the world he raise his chin high, I noticed his cheeks tinted with a rosy pink. It was so adorable, i almost cooed but i figured if i did then they might look at me strangly, so I closed my mouth to prevent any weird noises leaving it.

"Yeah yeah mister big head~" Chimchim calls out in a sing-song voice.

"Yah, shut up jamless."

I think I'm going to like it here.

 

 

 

After finding out I shared five classes Jungkook I was estatic, I mean we could finally start bonding and maybe, just maybe Jungkook wouldn't be so cold-but-not-completely-cold towards me. Well that was until he completely avoided me in our Japanese class, he didn't even spare me a glance as i was introduced to the class. I simply frowned and was seated next to some weird girl for the lesson–she happened to be talking to herself about a topic i do not wish to repeat. So when the class ended I was the first to rush out heading straight to my next class, a little angry. When second break came I was pre-occupied with a task the teacher had given me to sit with Hoseok and the others. So being a little hungry and annoyed made me determined to get Jungkook to acknowledge him. So the first thing I did when I entered the classroom was speak to my Korean Studies teacher and tell them that if it was possibly to sit with a familiar face. When the teacher had asked me who, I told them about Jungkook. He happily obliged and sent me to a certain desk. Turns out that desk was Jungkook's, he had been sitting on a desk in the back row by the window. Apparently the desk to his right had been empty for two months since his last deskmate had moved to Seoul–it also happened to be the only desk available, so coincidentally I would be sitting next to Jungkook regardless. I felt a little happier at the thought, knowing that this was a sign from up above. I began planning on how should catch his attention and when I had the perfect thing I relaxed back in my chair and waited for him to enter the classroom and join me. He was one of the last to enter the room and I felt a light smirk when I was called up to the front by the teacher, I was then introduced to the class and told to sit back in my seat. By this time Jungkook had already sat down and stared at me with a look I couldn't describe. By the time I had taken my seat again, everything I had planned ebbed away and i found myself giving him an awkward smile, he simply ignored me by laying his head on the table.

Way to go Taehyung, I thought to myself.

 

 

 

 

Letting everyone, including Jungkook, clear out the room I slowly packed up and followed them. I didn't know what to feel. Happy or disappointed? Happy that I met Jungkook, or disappointed that he might not exactly be happy about seeing me. Why? Who knows! I sighed and slowly began walking towards the direction of my house, only forgetting to turn off on to the correct road–which led me to getting lost with my head in the gutter–heading straight towards a petrol station. Noticing that I had been walking for a while I came to a halt, grabbing my phone out and unlocking it with a swipe.

"Since when did I pass a gas station on the way to school?" I asked myself as I typed my new address into my maps, only to realise that I had gotten lost when it showed me that I was twenty minutes away from the turn off point leading on to my street. My mother had made sure to emphasise on the fact it has a yellow mailbox on the corner of the turn off, reminding me when we arrived at the how this morning and before I went to school, knowing I got lost easily. How did I miss it? God knows!

"Damn it Taehyung, why the are you so useless!" I kicked a pebble that was a few centimeters away from my shoe, before i began to slowly dawdle home.

Yep it was official, I was officially hating on myself already and it was only the first day. What has the world become?!

 

-Flashback End-

 

I stare into Jungkook's alluring eyes as he too stared into my own. He was clearly just as shocked as myself as he had dropped his opened bottle of water, it's content's spilling all over the new laminate floor. I hurriedly grabbed some paper towels and practically flew back to where Jungkook contiued to stand frozen.

I called out in distress, "well don't just stand there, help me clean it up before my mother sees!"