F O U R

The Dream || VKook || TaeKook

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! I HOPE YOU ALL RECEIVE/RECEIVED WHAT YOU WANTED, Y'all deserve it~. I have such amazing reader *gets emotional* Thank you, all of you!~ So, this chapter is my gift to all of you, bet'cha thought you'd have to wait weeks to know what happens next *edge of lip tilts up into a coy smile* but here we are~ So I hope you liked my surprise; progression.

 

Recap from Chap 2: 

 

Following the hand up, past the arm and towards it's owner's face, I stare in disbelief when I see who it belongs too, "V?"

 

"Hello, Jungkook~." 

 

Jungkook

 

I don't remember giving him my name...so how does he know it?

I simply just stare at him as he stares back with his rectangular box smile, clearly very happy. Happy about what? I don't know, it couldn't be from just seeing me...right? It seemed like forever while we were staring at each other's eyes–his light brown eyes seemingly gazing straight into my soul–even though it only a matter of seconds had passed. It wasnt long after when Jimin slapped my shoulder, making me come back to reality. Even though I would love to stare into his beautiful eyes all da–wait what.

"Um Kook, do you know Taehyung?" he asked the question the whole class seemed curious in knowing the answer to.

I shake my head 'no', not removing my gaze from his. A strange flash crosses V's eyes, then I think about it. That was a little harsh considering we had met before in that weird dream, so I took responsibility for my actions and explained further–without mentioning certain details.

"Well, sort of. We have both met before, but we haven't ever met in person. So I don't personally know him."

Jimin stares at me strangely as if he could not comprehend anything I'd just said. Though I suppose no one would be able to. Well, excluding V–or should I call him Taehyung now? Jimin was a spluttering mess, it was almost funny. And if the situation had not been about me nor in front of the entire class, I may have laughed out loud with no regrets. But that was too good to be true.

"Spit it out Jimin," I demand, I turn to him leaving Taehyung's gaze for the first time since contact.

He stops spluttering for a moment. Taking a deep, deep breath, it took a few seconds of collecting his own thoughts to look me dead in the eye, "how can you meet someone, but not actually meet them? It just doesn't make sense!" He demanded.

What do I say? I can't exactly just say, 'oh we met in our shared dream'. That's just really weird–probably near enough to crazy-talk. 

"Er–you know, online." 

Online, really Jungkook. ONLINE?! As if he would believe that, the guy isn't completely stupid.

 

Jimin's face etched with realisation and at that moment Jungkook knew the gig was up. Well, that was until Jimin replied with something he didn't expect, even from him. 

"Ahh, now it all makes sense~. So, you both met through the same online site? That explains how you can know each other without physically meeting one another!"

Or maybe he is much worse than stupid, but an actual air-headed idiot. I can't believe it, can't he tell when I lie? This fool and he complains as to why I call him Jiminnie-pabo, such accuracy. But I guess I should leave it be and be happy it worked out. Right?

I shake my head leaving Jimin with a questioning look and turn my attention back to V whispering loud enough for only the two of us to hear, "Taehyung, right?" 'Taehyung' nods his head, his chestnut brown hair softly flopping over his eyes until he flicks it back with a whip of the head. I continue speak in a hushed tone "so, um, how exactly do you know my name?"

Taehyung ignored my question and began looking around the classroom, mumbling to himself, "he's not here."

I give him a quizzical look, despite knowing he couldn't see it, I shake my head realising his hand wass still resting on my shoulder. I gently grab it standing up, pulling him towards the door. I can't deny that this action caught both his attention and everyone else who was watching our little 'play'.

"Sir. I need to talk to Taehyung privately," I say as we walk past the teacher's desk, "we'll be outside for a few minutes."

Not giving the teacher time to reply I simply drag Taehyung out of the classroom, closing the door behind us. Turning around to him, I ask what has been bothering me since the moment we physically met.

"Who's not here? Who exactly told you my name?" I had unintentionally raised my voice, just a tad but it was enough to make him jolt.

Taehyung was definitely taken back by my tiny outburst. He looked down at his feet, fingers fiddling with his shirt and hair hanging. He looked like a heartbroken puppy, setting off an unfamiliar feeling aching in my chest. Was it guilt?

He slowly met my eyes, "d-did I say something I wasn't supposed to?"

I shake my head giving a light huff, "of course not. Why would you think that?"

"Because you yelled at me."

"That." I huff, "that was not intentional. I just wanted to know how you found out my name, when I don't remember ever mentioning it to you. I'm not mad, just–curious."

Upon hearing that Taehyung's face lit up, "really? You're not mad at me?" I nod softly. He sighs of relief, "good. I don't want you to be mad at me, at all."

"Taehyung. A little off track here, mate."

"Oh, right. Jhope told me," he smiled innocently.

Who? Jhope? What kind of name is that? A nickname maybe?

I decided to play it off cooly, "oh okay."

"So does this mean we're friends now?" Taehyung asked grabbing my hand holding it up towards his chest, smiling like a goofy idiot.

Taken back from the sudden touch, I feel my cheeks heat up. I quickly take my hand back, surprising Taehyung his smile faltering for a moment before returning to it rectangular size. Something about this boy made me flustered and Jeon Jungkook never gets flustered.

"Eh, sure?" I say a little unsure of myself.

Taehyung smiled so wide, I thought his cheeks might actually split. He skipped towards the door, but I had one more thing to clear up with him.

"Wait–about how we met."

He turned his head my way, "yes~?"

"Don't tell anyone about it, they'll think it's weird. Let's say we met through facebook instead."

Taehyung narrowed his eyes, eyebrows furrowing, "but I don't have facebook."

"Then say you deleted it or something. I don't care how or what you do, but do not say a word about that stupid dream. Understood?"

Taehyung slowly nodded, mood clearly deflated. Instead of apologising, I walked right past him opening the door, "you coming?"

It took him a moment but he slowly turned around nodding, he began following behind me through the door. The teacher had cleared the desk to my right for Taehyung. The class watched in confusion–most likely as to what had been said between the two of us–as they watched Taehyung head to his seat looking like a hunched over sloth. I too watch as Taehyung slouches over to his seat, leaving me standing up front alone with a few judging glares directed straight at me. Ignoring them with my head held high, I headed back to my own seat next to Jimin.

"Dude, what did you say to him? He looks like a kid, who's lolly pop was stolen from 'im–or worse, a kid who just got told his three month old puppy had died."

I give Jimin a desperated look before taking my own seat, not forgeting to look at Taehyung through the corner of my eye. What Jimin had said was completely true, he did in-fact look like a kid whom had lost his puppy. Taehyung wore a pout, causing his bottom lip to jut out as his upper lip was lightly in his mouth, his eyes were glossy as if holding back tears and I wouldn't be surprised if he was. But I couldn't help but think about the weird events which have happened between Taehyung and I before settling on a final decision.

It's for the best...it's more trouble that what it's worth.

 

 

~•~

 

 

That day Jungkook was wrong about two things; one being about the dream, it wasn't stupid at all and he knew it too. The second was about being able to forget all about Taehyung when this was only the beginning. Fate had plenty in stock for these two males, but what may that be? Well, you will see.