Chapter 7

Minseokio and Jongiet

 

 

A few years later, the two lovebirds were still going strong. Minseok had graduated from college with a degree in the medical field and had a job as a nurse at the local hospital. Jongdae was in his 3rd year of college, studying Astronomy. Even though they didn’t have much time together because of busy schedules, they still made the most of the time they did get to spend together.

Even so, it never lasted longer than half a day. Usually Jongdae was in class all morning and he wouldn’t get to see Minseok until the morning after because he worked late shifts. Occasionally Jongdae would shift his classes to the afternoon so he could spend his mornings cuddling with Minseok or doing, other things *wink wink*.

So when Jongdae came home one afternoon to see Minseok drinking his coffee the kitchen, he was more than shocked.

 

“Minseokie?” he gawked, “What are you doing home? Aren’t you supposed to be at work?” Minseok smiled and set down his cup.

 

“I missed you so much that I took the week off. That way we could spend more time together. And don’t you have the next week off for break?”

 

“Yeah I do.” he said, sighing slightly.

 

“Are you alright Angel?” Minseok asked, sending Jongdae a curious look. Jongdae smiled and nodded.

 

“I’m just so happy to see you, that’s all.” he dropped his bag and ran over to Minseok, wrapping his arms around the older’s middle and burying his face in his shoulder. Minseok smiled and slid his arms around Jongdae’s back, nuzzling his nose in his hair.

 

“You know that you are my everything right? You know I would do anything for you right?” Minseok asked softly into Jongdae’s ear. The younger smiled as he pulled away to look Minseok in the eyes.

 

“I know. And the same goes for you too.” he replied leaning in to peck his boyfriend’s lips. He then laid his head on Minseok’s shoulder and let out a yawn. Minseok giggled softly.

 

“Tired?” Jongdae nodded.

 

“Yeah~”

 

“Why don’t you go take a nap and I’ll make us some dinner?”

 

“Okay.” Jongdae said, yawning again. He made his way to their room and changed out of his street clothes. He put on some sweats and a t-shirt and climbed in the fluffy bed. He soon slipped off to sleep.

 

~*~

 

“Jongdae~” a soft voice called. Jongdae simply groaned quietly before turning his head in the opposite direction. Suddenly, he felt the bed dip and a wave of warmth hit his back. Then he felt someone nibble on his ear. His eyes shot open and he looked behind him to see Minseok smiling down at him.

 

“So that’s how I have to get you up from now on? I like it~” Jongdae blushed and buried his face back in the pillow. Minseok leaned down pressed a few kisses on Jongdae’s neck. The younger gasped softly at the touch. Minseok sat down on Jongdae’s back and slipped his arms under the boy’s body, back hugging him.

 

“Come on, get up. I changed my mind. Let’s go out to eat so I can take you somewhere later.”

 

“Okay.” Jongdae mumbled. Minseok got off the boy and then the bed, grabbing his hand and dragging him out from the warm covers.

 

~*~

 

“Jongdae, we’re here.” Minseok whispered. Jongdae opened his eyes. The two had gone out and eaten a nice dinner, and expensive one at that, and went for a long ride. Jongdae had fallen asleep on the way there.

 

“Where are we?” he asked in a husky, soft voice.

 

“You’ll see~” Minseok sing songed as he exited the vehicle. Jongdae sat up and ruffled his hair slightly. They must have driven way out of the city limits because it was pitch black outside. Jongdae pressed the home button on his phone. The time showed up on the screen.

 

2:30 a.m.

 

Jongdae’s eyes almost popped out of his head. Why were they out so late? How far did they actually drive? His thoughts were interrupted when his door opened.

 

“Come on Angel. Hurry up before you miss it!” He heard Minseok whisper from the darkness. He felt Minseok’s hand run down his forearm and then lace with his hand. The older male pulled Jongdae out of his seat. Minseok shut the car door and lead his boyfriend through the darkness. As Jongdae’s eyes adjusted, he made out a blanket laid out on the grass. “Over here. Sit down.” Jongdae crawled to the middle of the blanket after kicking his shoes off. Minseok followed shortly after, laying on his back next to the younger boy. He laced their hands together and they both looked up at the sky. Jongdae’s eyes widened as his eyes fully adjusted to the dark. The sky was coated in stars, big and small ones, ones that shone brighter than others, ones that were grouped together to make the milky way and ones that formed constellations.

 

“Minseokie, they’re beautiful.” he whispered, voice laced with excitement and awe. Minseok smiled at the comment.

 

“I was told that the most stars and constellations are out at this time.” He chuckled softly before continuing. “It reminded me of the first time that we met. We both went outside and the way you looked up at the stars made my heart flutter. It was one of the many things you did that made me fall in love with you. Not to mention that you took up studying Astronomy. I figured that you would like it here.” Jongdae giggled softly.

 

“You know me well.”

 

After a while, Minseok let go of Jongdae’s hand. The younger let out a slight whine at the lost of warmth.

 

“Just a second babe let me get more comfortable.” he shuffled around a bit before settling down again. Jongdae found his hand and they laced them together again. This time, Jongdae felt something cold and small in between his and Minseok’s hands. Minseok turned his hand and let go of the younger’s to drop the object in his hand. Grabbing the object between his thumb and forefinger, Jongdae raised it to his face to get a better look.

 

“What-” his eyes grew wide as he realized what it was. It was a ring. There was a beautiful sparkling diamond in the center of the silver band and the simplicity of it reminded Jongdae of a star. “Mi-Minseok.” he looked over and in the darkness, he made out Minseok’s brown eyes, gazing lovingly at him.

 

“Jongdae, will you marry me?” the simple but beautiful words penetrated Jongdae’s heart like one of cupid’s arrows. He blinked his eyes, tears of joy sliding towards the earth. He nodded vigorously.

 

“Yes, yes, yes.” he repeated several times before grabbing his fiance by the back of the neck and joining their lips in a passionate kiss. The older smiled into the kiss, sliding his hands down to hold Jongdae’s waist. He pulled away slowly, pressing kisses onto Jongdae’s cheeks and forehead. The younger giggled softly. He slipped the ring on his finger and held it up for Minseok to see. The older grabbed his hand and kissed his occupied ring finger.

 

“I love you so much Kim Jongdae. I promise I will love you forever.” Minseok said as he wrapped his arms around Jongdae’s slim waist, pulling him impossible close. The younger placed his hands on the older’s chest and buried his face in the crook of his neck.

 

“I love you too Romeo~” he teased. The older pouted a little, but a long, sweet kiss made it disappear.

 

~*~

 

The night was beautiful. The sun had just set on a beautiful warm and calm day at the beach and the breeze was just the right temperature. All the vacationers had gone home for the day except for Minseok, Jongdae, Yixing, Junmyeon, Jongin and Taemin. They set up a simple wedding ceremony on the quiet beach under the stars. Simple candles were the only light source.

 

It didn’t take long for the minister to show up. Minseok waited up at the front, wiggling nervously. He was so excited but so nervous at the same time. Someone laid a hand on his shoulder and gave it a caring squeeze. When he looked behind him, Junmyeon was giving him a comforting smile.

 

“You’ve been waiting an entire year. You can wait a few more minutes.” He joked. Minseok scoffed and then chuckled softly.

 

“Thanks Jun. You always know how to make me feel better.” Junmyeon flicked his ear and rolled his eyes. Minseok laughed a little louder as the other walked back to his seat next to his husband. He was very grateful to have a friend like Jun. It was him who invited Minseok to the party in the first place. If it wasn’t for him, he would have never met Jongdae.

 

Music played softly through the speakers that Jongin had set up. The boys all looked down the makeshift aisle to see Taemin push Jongdae towards the front, then returning to his seat next to Jongin. Minseok refocused his gaze on his beautiful lover. He was in a black suit, like Minseok, and like the night that they first met. There was an arrangement of flowers in his hair. Minseok felt his heart melt as he gazed at Jongdae. When the younger looked up at Minseok, his cheeks glowed a soft pink. He smiled and Minseok smiled back. Jongdae soon joined him in the front and the minister began speaking.

 

“We are here today, to join Kim Minseok and Kim Jongdae, in holy matrimony.” He grabbed both Jongdae’s and Minseok’s hands and joined them together. The two laced their hands together, pulling each other closer.

 

“Do you, Kim Minseok, take Kim Jongdae to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?” Minseok gazed lovingly at Jongdae.

 

“I do.”

 

“Do you, Kim Jongdae, take Kim Minseok to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?” Jongdae returned the gesture, looking Minseok right in the eyes.

 

“I do.”

 

“And by the power of no particular hierarchy, I pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss the groom.” As Jongdae’s hands found Minseok’s jawline, Minseok’s hands found Jongdae’s waist. Their lips met in a searing kiss. The boys erupted in cheers and clapped so loud that people on the next beach over could probably hear them. The two boys smiled into the kiss and held each other closer.

 

Once they separated, Minseok grabbed Jongdae’s hand and dragged the giggling male down the aisle. They made their way down the beach and when Jongdae realized Minseok was running him straight into the water, his husband swept him off his feet and the cold water rushed around his ankles. He held Jongdae close and spun him around in circles. The younger broke into a fit of giggles and then squeaked when Minseok let him down. The cold water of a wave soaked the two of them. Minseok laughed when Jongdae playfully slapped his shoulder. The older wrapped his arms around Jongdae’s waist and pulled him close. He buried his nose in the crook of the younger’s neck, placing and gentle kiss on his warm skin. The skin tingled, causing Jongdae to hold Minseok’s shoulders tight. He nuzzled into his cheek.

 

“You two are gonna freeze if you stay in there too long!” Taemin called from the shore. The two men laughed.

 

“Come on beautiful~ let's dry off.” Minseok spoke softly, lacing his hands with Jongdae’s and leading his husband out of the water.

 

~*~

 

After drying off, the six males were huddled around a fire that they built on the beach. Yixing had his guitar with him and he strummed a soft tune while Junmyeon hummed along. They made a great duo. Taemin and Jongin were cuddled up together and were sleeping soundly, hushed to sleep by the calming waves and gentle music. The newly wedded couple was cuddling together under a shared blanket, dressed in hoodies and sweatpants. Their hair was still slightly damp from the ocean water. Minseok made sure that Jongdae was warm enough, having placed a warm beanie over the top of his head, pulling it down over his ears, and kissing his forehead. Jongdae had his head resting on Minseok’s shoulder and the older was leaning back against Jongdae. Minseok had his arm wrapped aroundJongdae’s waist and the younger had his hand resting over Minseok’s beating heart.

 

“Jongdae.” Jongdae looked up at Minseok, who was gazing back at him.

 

“Mm?” Minseok didn’t reply, instead, continuously gazing at Jongdae.

 

“I just wanted to look at your beautiful face, so that I will never forget how beautiful you are, in this time.” Jongdae blushed and snuggled closer to Minseok. The older chuckled. He leaned into the embrace as Jongdae looked up and the younger took that opportunity to lean up and kiss him. The kiss was soft and loving, far different from their kisses during lust filled nights.

 

“I love you Kim Minseok.” Jongdae whispered, smiling softly at the older.

 

“I love you too Kim Jongdae. I always will.”

 

A/N: ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR YOU LOVELY PEOPLES XD I hope you enjoyed it!! Last chapter coming up next!! Thank you for riding along with me it's been fun :3 Thank you to those who read and subscribed!! I really appreciate it :D Until next time, have a lovely day~

P.S. I know i'm a total whimp but I was crying and wailing the entire time I was writing the vow exchange XD okay *cough* i'm done :D ENJOY!!