Chapter 5

Minseokio and Jongiet

 

 

Over the next couple of weeks, Jongdae and Minseok just grew closer than ever. Everyday after school, Jongdae would walk to his boyfriend’s apartment and spend time with him. They would cuddle, talk or maybe make out for a little bit before Jongdae would have to go back home.

 

One day when he was walking to Minseok’s house, he stopped dead in his tracks. There were several police cars parked outside the apartment complex. Jongdae wormed his way through the police cars and the crowd of people, to a police officer.

 

“Excuse me sir, what happened here? Is everything okay?” Jongdae asked, his voice panicked.

 

“A young man living on the ground floor was mugged and stabbed in the chest. Ambulance took him to the hospital not to long ago. He wasn’t in good condition.” Jongdae’s heart began to beat faster.

 

“Please sir what was his name? Do you know?”

 

“Neighbors identified him as Kim Minseok.” No no no NO!! Jongdae’s heart split in two.

 

“T-thank you sir.” the officer nodded and Jongdae took off running. The hospital was only a few blocks away and he wasn’t going to bother going home to pick up a car. He just ran and ran.

 

About 15 minutes later, a tired and worried Jongdae arrived in front of the hospital. He burst into the lobby and ran over to the front desk.

 

“Excuse me miss,” the nurse looked up at him. “Can you tell me where Kim Minseok is?”

 

“What are you to the patient?” she asked, looking at her list.

 

“I’m his boyfriend. Please miss I need to see him where is he?” his voice sounded very desperate at that point.

 

“Room 109. Good luck.”

 

“Thank you.” Jongdae ran there as fast as he could. He reached room 109. Please baby, be okay. He opened the door as quietly as possible and stepped in. When he pushed past the curtain, he saw Minseok lying on the bed, sleeping. He looked so peaceful, minus the breathing mask and the tubes connecting him to a machine. He sat down next to Minseok, reaching up to brush aside his black hair. Just then, a doctor came in.

 

“Oh. Who are you make I ask?”

 

“I’m Minseok’s boyfriend.” Jongdae responded without hesitation. An ‘o’ shape was formed with the doctor’s mouth. “Doctor, why is he in such bad condition?” The doctor sighed, probably ready to explain everything.

 

“Your boyfriend was stabbed in the chest. Before the neighbors found him, Blood had time to flood his lungs, making it almost impossible to breathe. Miraculously, he survived long enough for us the drain the blood from his lungs and stitch up his wound. Although the bleeding has stopped, he is very weak and cannot yet breath on his own. He will need to stay on the oxygen for a week or so. After that, it will take him at least another 1 or 2 weeks to fully recover, but he should be okay.” Jongdae sighed in relief. At least Minseok would make it.

 

“Thank you doctor.”

 

“It’s my job.” he said. He checked a few things on Minseok before leaving the two alone.

 

“Minseok, baby… please be strong, for me.” Jongdae whispered while tears rolled down his cheeks. “I love you. So much.” he kissed Minseok’s forehead and then settled his head on the hospital bed. There, he fell asleep.

 

~*~

 

Over the next week, Jongdae didn’t go home. He stayed by Minseok’s side every second that he could, just in case the older woke up. This caused Jongdae to become very tired. Dark circles formed around his eyes as the sleepless days went on. One day, the doctor came in.

 

“Jongdae, why don’t you go home.” he said gently, patting his shoulder. Jongdae was silent. Gazing at Minseok’s peaceful face. “You are free to come back whenever, but as a doctor, I advise you to go home for a couple days and get some rest. We will take care of him while you’re gone.”

 

“Alright.” He mumbled. He got up, leaned down to press a long kiss on Minseok’s forehead, and started the journey home.

 

After a while of walking, Jongdae approached the front door of his house. A heavy wave of dread washed over him as he knocked. The door swung open. Both his mother and father were standing there. Jongdae prepared himself.

 

“KIM JONGDAE WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!” They both roared at the same time. His father grabbed his collar and hauled him inside the house, and his mother slapped him across the face. “ANSWER US! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! YOU CAN’T JUST LEAVE FOR A WHOLE WEEK AND NOT TELL US!”

 

“I was at the hospital.” he said calmly, looking his mother in the eye.

 

“The hospital?! What the hell for?!” Jongdae took a deep breath.

 

“I was taking care of my boyfriend.” Both of his parents were in absolute and utter shock at the statement and the level of confidence that came with it.

 

“Y-your w-what?” His mother stuttered.

 

“My boyfriend. I was taking care of my boyfriend.” As his mother’s mouth fell open, his father was about to break a boulder over Jongdae’s head.

 

“WHY YOU LITTLE-”

 

“Will you be quiet for once?!” Jongdae snapped. “You know what? I’m sick and tired of you guys beating me and yelling at me for the stupidest things! I met Minseok over a month ago and he has showed me more love in that time than you have shown me in my entire life! And our relationship is going to bring hardships, but I am more than willing to fight through it, as long as I have him by my side. So, bye guys. I’m leaving. Don’t miss me too much.” And with that, Jongdae walked out the door, leaving his parents sputtering, shocked and frustrated. As Jongdae walked down the street, he smiled slightly. He felt, in a sense, free.

 

Jongdae had spent the entire rest of that day, walking around the city. It was getting much colder, a sign that fall had almost passed, and winter was coming. When the sun finally began to disappear behind the horizon, Jongdae had found his way back to the front of the hospital. He walked in and greeted the nurse at the counter. He made his way to Minseok’s room. When he opened the door, a doctor quickly shooed him out, saying,

 

“We are doing a quick check-up. You can come in in a little bit.” Jongdae simply nodded to her and went to sit down.

 

Minutes later, the doctors and nurses exited Minseok’s room. “You can go in now.” she said.

 

“Thank you.” he replied, standing up from his seat. He opened the door carefully.

 

“Jongdae.” a weak voice called. Jongdae’s head shot up immediately, to meet a smiling Minseok, sitting upright in his bed. His mask was gone.

 

“Mi-Min-” Jongdae choked. He rushed to Minseok’s side and enveloped the older in a tight hug. Tears streamed down his face and he buried his face in Minseok’s neck. The older hugged Jongdae with all the strength that he could muster. “Y-you’re okay. You’re awake. I-I missed you s-o much.” he hiccuped. Minseok pulled back and cupped Jongdae’s cheeks, thumbing his tears away. He choked out a laugh through his own tears.

 

“I missed you too. I didn’t know if I would ever see you again. It scared me so bad. But you’re here, right in front of me. I could ask for nothing more.” Jongdae smiled widely and the two’s forehead came together. They leaned in and their lips met in a searing kiss. It became a bit messy as they became more desperate, but slowed down in a matter of time, to several soft pecks on the lips.

 

“Minseok, I have to tell you something.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I kinda told my parents off.” Minseok looked slightly confused.

 

“Do you mind explaining what happened?” So Jongdae told Minseok every detail. Him staying in the hospital for days, going home on doctors orders and finally standing up to his parents.

 

“So now I’m homeless and feeling more like an idiot every minute that passes by. I just don’t know what to do-”

 

“Move in with me.” Minseok interrupted, hands intertwining with Jongdae’s. Jongdae looked a little bit shocked. “That way we could go to sleep and wake up to each other and I can protect you. And maybe you could finally sing for me.”

 

“Are you sure? I mean you’re the one laying in the hospital bed.”

 

“I’m positive.” Jongdae smiled and nodded his head.

 

“Okay.” Minseok pecked Jongdae’s lips, causing them both to chuckle. They hugged each other tightly. Now they would never have to let go. Never again.


A/N: Another chapter~ I would have updated it yesterday BUT DAMN HIGH SCHOOL IS A REAL PAIN IN MY ! I hope you enjoyed! Next chapter coming out soon! HUGE thank you to everyone who read and subscribed to my story I really appreacite it :) Until next time, have a lovely day~