He said I'm funny!

Love Strike

"Sunhwa, why are you smiling so much?" Zinger asked when she saw me.

"Huh, I'm smiling?!" I ask in wonder.

"Yeah, the second I saw you walk through those doors, the first thing that stuck out to me was the huge smile plastered to your face. What's up?"

"Oh nothing," I try to diminish my smile. Why am I smiling so much?? Am I THAT HAPPY about some dude telling me I'm funny and making another smile? Geez! Sunhwa, you are just way to easy!

"Yes there is, what's up?"

"Well..." I don't know if it's really that amazing to talk about it...

Suddenly, I feel someone grabbing me from behind into a big hug. "JIEUN!!" I turn around and see Hyosung with her big gummy smile.

"Hey!!" I greet her. A second later, Jieun's hugging me now while Hyosung gives Zinger a hug. When it's Jieun and Zinger's turn to hug, it looks kind of awkward... Well, Zinger seems normal and happy and all but Jieun looks really akward. It's probably because of that whole boyfriend over friendship thing. When I look over to Hyosung, she's watching them with a worried look. Then our eyes meet, and she tells me without her lips moving a centimeter, "You see what I see?" I give an unforunate nod.

"So glad we're all together!" I try to brighten things. 

"Yeah, the four of us reunited! We should do something," Hyosung says.

Jieun kind of ruins the brightened when she cuts in,"Unless you already have plans with you're boyfriend..."

"Uhh.." Zinger puts her head down in a guilty way. Yep, that means she does. 

"Sorry!" she tells us.

Jieun doesn't immediatly accept her apology. "When will you ever make time for us? You shouldn't forget your friends just because some dude came along!"

"I'm sorry Jieun! Please. I'll make time next time!"

Jieun doesn't even look at her, probably afraid that she will weaken at the sight of those puppy dog eyes. However, she does say, "Alright... Please remember to."

"Sorry guys, I have to go meet Jonghyun now," she gives us an apologetic expression before walking away. 

"You okay?" Hyosung asks.

"Yeah..." Jieun replies.

"You don't seem okay..." I awkwardly say.

I grab her arm while Hyosung grabs the other and we start walking with her to the bus stop.

"It's just that.... I'm tired of this..." she says with a sigh.

"I'm pretty sure Zinger will come back to us soon," Hyosung tries to soothe her.

"Yeah, but when? My patience is running out. I miss my friend. Like today for example. She did the most not her thing in the world. She turned down an offer to give someone revenge! She's not like that. Usually, she's the one coming up with crazy ideas and leading us through this kind of stuff. Where is that gutsy, chaotic, fun Zinger we know? She just dissapeared!"

"Yeah... She is really different now," I say.

"Yeah, she changed ever since she has been going out with Jonghyun," Hyosung says.

"You know what, we need to get our Zinger back. I'll talk to her for you. No all of us. I miss her too!" I say. I really do. If I miss her so much, how must it be for Jieun? She and Zinger had been friends since  nursery school! Going to each other's houses, playing in the sandbox together, quizing each other for tests. They've been through so much together and for Zinger to suddenly be acting like this... Poor Jieun. But this is probably just a phase for Zinger. She'll come back in no time. I'm sure of it.