Chapter 5

Love Strike


"Those stupid guys!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs once we were in Hyosung's more quiet and deserted neighborhood.

"We should hunt them down for you and teach them a lesson!" Jieun supported me.

"Yeah, HOW DARE THEY mess around with our Sunhwa like this?" Hyosung was in a mad mood. Instead of taking the bus, we decided to just walk (well i was stomping) to Hyosung's house since we didn't feel like staying in the same place with those jerks... And here we are, cursing them out the whole way.

"I can't believe I fell for that though! This is so EMBARRASSING! Why do I have to be so gullible..." Hyosung immediately put a hand around me when I said that.

"Sunhwa, it's okay. It's not your fault. You just didn't know what they were really like," she made me feel better.

"Thanks," I replied, embracing her in a hug. Hyosung's warm smile makes anyone's troubled mind ease.

"Yeah, Sunhwa don't worry about those jerks. We'll find a way to get back at them," Jieun says.

"Yeah, revenge!" Hyosung laughs.

"You guys are so funny!" I say.

"But seriously guys... We really should get back at them..." Jieun says, in a serious tone.

"What?" I stop midway through my tracks.

"What you thinking?" Hyosung asks her.

"I know it sounds crazy... But we should do something wild to get back at them... Just to make things fair," she tells us with a sly smile on her face.

"Do we really want to get involved with them again?" Hyosung asks.

"Yeah... I really don't feel like interacting with them again..." I say.

"Oh come on guys. They really deserve some sweet revenge from us. Messing with a fragile girl like Sunhwa is NOT COOL. That was so unfair of them. They should've known better." Jieun is all for the revenge idea.

Hyosung is for it too now because she says, "Yeah! That was so low of them. We really do need to get back at those jerks. Alright, lets make a plan tomorrow during study hall with Zinger. We can't let her out of this... Since she's best at all things like this. Come on Sunhwa. We can't let them get away with this right?"

Hearing the words come out of Hyosung's mouth, I have no way of saying no... "Okay..." But I feel weird about this...

"YESSS!!! Everyone's okay with it then! And I'm sure Zinger will be okay with it too. No wait, she'll be the one LEADING IT!" Jieun was half jumping in the air.

"Okay guys, shh. We're here now. If my mom hear us talking like this... It won't be good." Hyosung ringed her doorbell on her front door.

*** The next morning ***

We're all together sitting down in the library (for study hall) with a whole bunch of other kids, pretending to be absorbed into our textbooks. In reality, the four of us trouble makers (Zinger, Hyousng, Jieun and I) are about to  begin the first step of our mission. The planning process. Mwa ha ha ha! (Sorry, feeling kind of evil right now...)

"Okay, so let me get this straight. Onew came up to Sunhwa and asked her to go out with him. Then when she refused the offer, he started crying, only it was really just fake. And now you're mad, so you guys want to get revenge," Zinger summed up all of what we painted for her.

"Yep, that's basically it," Jieun who's sitting next to me says. Hyosung and Zinger are sitting on the opposite side of the square table.

"So what do you think we should do?" Hyosung asks her for advice.

"I think you should do NOTHING."

... A couple of seconds pass with silence except for the flipping of pages. ... What did she say?
 Did she say NOTHING?! I look around and see that Jieun and Hyosung's jaws are hanging as well as mines.

Finally, Jieun, the one who created the idea speaks up,"Did you say NOTHING?"

"Yeah, those guys were just playing around. They didn't mean any harm."

"But they were fooling Sunhwa! SUNHWA," Jieun accidently raised her a voice a bit too high causing one of the librarians to look in our direction with her index finger placed to her pursed lips.

"I'm sorry that they did that to you, Sunhwa" she says looking at me and then continues," But don't take it too seriously. Jonghyun is friends with them and I know how they're like since he talks about them all the time. They were just joking around so forget about it."

"But..." Jieun says.

"Relax guys. Don't be so uptight about it," she says.

Hyosung and I look at each other from across the table. She has a look of worry glistening in her eyes and I'm pretty sure the same is reflecting from my own eyes.

Suddenly, the bell rings and everyone starts rising from their seats.

"Oh bye guys! I have to go to History now," Zinger says before leaving the room in a rush. Standing by the doorway is no other than Jonghyun, waiting for her.

When she's out of hearing, Jieun turns to us with a glum expression, "Well that didn't go so well..."

Hyosung like always, puts an arm around her, "Aww, don't feel down. We can still do the plan without her if you want." I join in and put an arm around Jieun too.

"Yeah. "

"It's okay. I don't really care about the plan anymore... Just want my friend back."