What in the world?!

Love Strike

"It's Sunhwa!" I hear someone say when I walk into the classroom. When I follow the voice to where it's coming from, I see Minho already in his assigned seat looking at me. Ugh. Those stupid guys again!

I don't say anything as I awkwardly walk over to  my chair. I hope I'm not walking funny... I take a seat next to Onew who is looking down at his desk. I can't help but take a peak at him. It's weird for him not to say anything to me...

When I look away from him, I catch someone watching me. It's minho. Oh no! He saw me taking a glance at Onew! "Sunhwa. You really hurt his feelings yesterday. You should say sorry to him. See how depressed he is?," he aks me. I look at him and he does look kind of down. But then again, this kid is real good at acting.

"Say sorry," he repeats.

ME SAY SORRY?! Is this kid CRAZY?! I feel nervous as I open my mouth to reply. "Wha - why sh, should I say sorry?" DARN! I'm supposed to sound ANGRY but it comes out as a stutter... Why do I get so nervous when I talk to them?!!? I feel like slapping myself. I'm just making myself appear to be an easy target right now which is sooo not cool.

"Because you broke his heart."

"Sorry... but" Hey wait, why am I SAYING SORRY?! I stop what I'm saying and blurt out, "Hey, he should be the one saying sorry to me!" WOAH! Where did this burst of energy come from?

Both of Minho's eyebrows go up in surprise. HA HA HA! Yep, that's right. Be scared because this girl isn't going to let you mess around with her no more!

"But you hurt his feelings," he says once he is a little recovered from shock.

"What feelings?! He was just pretending to cry"

"What?"

"Yeah, that's right. I saw him laughing really hard when I looked back!" I wish I could scream but don't feel like getting scolded by the teachers right now... I turn around and see that she is sitting at her desk, looking through her files. We're supposed to be completing the do now right now like all the other students right now."

"He was laughing because of all the sadness he felt deep inside," Minho says.

"Minho, stop bothering her," Park Bom speaks up when she's done with the do now which I haven't even started yet.

"This has nothing to do with you," Minho tells her.

Before I can say anything, someone speaks up, "Guys, that's enough. Leave her alone," Onew says. He doesn't meet anyones eyes. Did he just say that? I feel overwhelmed with surprise. Isn't Onew supposed to be playing along?

Minho's attention is no longer on me anymore, but on him. "Onew, why are you so sad for? Look up."

"I'm not sad," Onew grumpily retorts.

"Yes you are," Minho says back. Onew doesn't say anything. Maybe he really isn't faking things this time... He seems geniunly down in the dumps. And it doesn't seem like it's because of me.

"Sunhwa, make him smile!" Minho looks at me.

"Me?"

"Yea you."

"But how?"

"Do something!"

"What?"

"Anything!"

"But I'm not funny."

"Yes you are."

"How?" I ask.

"Do that panic attack thingy!"

"What panic attack thingy?" I ask, real confused. What is this guy talking about?!

"You know what I mean. You always do it!" Is this guy high or something?

"What are you talking about..." 

"When you put your hands to your ears and start shaking your head in panic while muttering things."

"WHAT?! WHEN DO I DO THAT?!"

"You always do that!" he starts laughing. "When you forget to bring you're homework or something, you start doing that. It's mad funny! Do it now!"

"Oh..." I start thinking back to the past.

 *flashback*

"Sunhwa, ready for the test?" Minzy asks.

"What test?"

"The math test of course!"

"WAIT, WHAT MATH TEST?!" 

"The biggest one for this semestor."

"When is it?"

"Right now silly!" she gestures to the teacher passing out test papers.

"Did you study for it?"

"NO! I completly forgot! Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD!!" I start shaking my head in panic with my hands to my ears.

* end of flashback *

* flash back #2 *

"This is the end of the test" Mrs.Khon notifies us.

I put my pencil down, happy that I have finished answering the questions.

"Pshh, Sunhwa. Did you bubble in the answers?"

"Huh?!" I look down at my empty answer sheet. "Oh no! You're supposed to bubble in the answers?!"

"Uh oh... The teachers coming right now to collect the paper."

My hands rise to my ears and I start shaking my head frantically, muttering, "OMG, OMG, OMG!"

* End of flashback #2 *

 

* flashback #3 *

"The quadratic formula for this is.. is.. it's - " Oh no, I forgot what it is. I look around in panic.  Everyone's staring at me. My fellow group mates who are standing with me in front of the class room for the presentation are nervously staring at me. Well, actually glaring at me, threatening me to not mess up. Unconsioulsy, one of my hands go up to near one of my ears and i start biting my lip.

*End of Flashback #3 *

When I panic, I do some weird stuff... But... how does he notice something like that... Does he watch me?!

"Hey, how do you know I do that?" I ask him.

"I just notice. Why is there something wrong with that?"

"No..." Well yes, I feel so embarressed! Out of everything, he has to notice  my weird habits?

"So do it. Come on! It will cheer Onew up!"

"But how? There's nothing to panic about right now..."

"Just do what you always do!" he encourages.

"Okay..." Awkwardly, I lift my hands up to ears and start shaking my head. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...." I awkwardly say. Onew looks up. He's looking up now! Yes, it's working!!!

"Louder!" Minho whispers.

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!" I try to make even my expression look anxious. His lips start to stretch into a smile and...

"HA  HA HA HA!!!" I stop what I'm doing when I hear laughter. He's laughing. ONEWS LAUGHING! He's not the only one though... I look around and see that EVERYONE in the classroom is laughing... AT ME! My face turns crimson red and I look down immediatly, lifting my notebook up and opening it so that it cover's my face. Ugh, this is so embarressing! I feel like running away right now. Or disapearing like magic. I had no idea that I was being so loud...

When I take a peak, I find Minho staring at me, "Don't cover you're face."

I shake my head, unable to speak from all the eyes on me. 

"Why?" he asks.

I don't respond. This is all his fault I'm like this...

"Sunhwa, why are you hiding?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders.

Finally, Onew talks to me for the first time today. "Sunhwa, don't hide. You're funny!"

"Yeah, see, you cheered him up!" 

They're both encouraging me...  I'm speechless. Well, I don't have time to because RINNGG!! Everyone jumped up at the bell and started packing away their things.