The Girl Who Almost Fell Today

Love Strike

"Do you want to go out with me?" he asks, looking deeply into my eyes.

I just gawk at him for a few seconds, trying to take in what he said. "What did you say?"

"I said, do you want to go out with me?" So I did hear right... OH MY GOD! Onew asked me to go out with him! What do I do?! PANIC ATTACK! I hope it doesn't show on my face...

"Do you want to go out with him or not? Just answer the question!" His friend rudely bursts out.

"Shut up KEY!" he turns around and smacks him in the head.

"But she's not even answering!" Key yells back.

"Wait for her to!" He turns back to me. "Do you?"

"I uh - " I am tempted to say yes. I mean like COME ONE! One of the cool kids is asking me out! Unless it's a prank... And what about my love strike? Should I abandon that? Make up your mind... NO! I am Sunhwa and Sunhwa sticks to what she starts. I will not give up.

"No..." I say, my head is down.

However, my head goes right back up when I hear him react, "WHAT?! You don't want to go out with me?"

"Huh! NO ITS NOT THAT!" I reply.

"Then why don't you want to go out with me? I thought you were single?"

Not having time to think, I burst out with the first thing that comes to mine, "I have a boyfriend!"

"You're lying. You just said you didn't have a boyfriend. You just don't want to go out with me," he gives me a puppy dog, hurt eyes expression.

"No, his name is... Shinwoo!" Shinwoo? Hey isn't that the guy from the You're Beautiful? You know, that drama?  I don't even know what I'm saying.

"Shinwoo? Who is this Shinwoo guy? Take me to him!" he says, with his fists up.

"Oh, he's right here."

"Where?"

"Here, right next to me."

"That's a girl... Wait, are you not straight?!"

I realize that he's talking about Hyosung. "NOO! Shinwoo is my IMAGINARY BOYFRIEND!"

"What?!"

Minho and Key are too busy cracking up in the background to say anything. But suddenly, Minho stops to whisper something in Onew's ear. Onew nods and then puts both his hands to his face. What's he doing? My question is answered because he starts SOBBING! Sobbing sounds come out of his mouth, muffeled by his hands.

"Hey, wait. Don't cry!"

"Don't bother with him. He's faking it" Jieun tells me.

"Oh"

Key walks past him and up to me. "Hey, look he's crying. How could you be so mean to him? Go tell him you'll be his girlfriend!"

"He's not CRYING!"

"Yes he is," Minho says. "Is you're heart really this cold? I never knew you had it in you!" He puts a hand to his heart, making one of those dramatic gestures like Onew does. What the hell are they doing?!

"Hey, Onew. Stop crying because we know you're faking it," Hyosung speaks up.

"Hyosung, Sunhwa. Let's get out of here. These dweebs just want to mess around with us for their own amusement. Don't let them get to you!" Zinger takes both of our hands and starts pulling us out of there.

"HEY WAIT!" I can hear Key yelling after us. I look back and see Onew looking up again, laughing with Minho. Anger rushes through me. THEY WERE PLAYING WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME?! Those jerks... Even onew! How could he?