The Popular Kid

Love Strike

"Hey girl who almost fell today!" Onew smirks when he sees my surprised expression. Suddenly, they start coming over to where we're standing among the crowded sidewalk.

 I feel a little nervous as they walk over. I glance around and see people staring at me, giving me goosebumps. Why are they staring at the girl who dreads attention.

 "Hey, how rude. You don't even greet me?" Onew says once he's over to where I am.

 "Uh…" I start stuttering. I can feeling a plethora of eyes piercing through me.

 Jieun can feel my panic so she cuts in,"She's being rude?!" she let out a fake laugh. "Like calling her, 'the girl who almost fell today' isn't rude," she crossed her arms.

 "Yeah, use her real name, Sunhwa " Hyosung also defended me. I wanted to say thanks but felt too overwhelmed with all the people around us, taking note of everything that came out of our mouths.

 Onew looked taken back. But he regained his cool and this time addressed me with, "Hey, Sunhwa." His voice was gentler.

 "Hi Onew…" I replied with my head down, low enough for only Onew, his pals, Hyosung, and Jieun to hear.

 One of the two guys who's with him whispers something in his ear, smiling.

 Onew turns back to me, "So… how you doing?"

 "Good…" I feel tongue tied.

 One of the other guys is whispering in his ear now, whispering something. Late with it, I realize that it's Minho, with a grin on his face. When Onew hears what he has to say, he shakes his head no, smiling and look down. Taemin, one of his other friends, nudges him, nodding his head. The other guy also gives him an encouraging look about something I have no idea about.

 "Hello?" Hyosung interrupts their private but out in the open moment.

 "Oh, sorry, Onew has something to say," the guy who's name I don't know says.

 Onew turns to him immediately and gives him a glare. The two guys just smile and tell him, "Say it!"

 "Uh…" he puts his arm behind his head, embarrassed. His blush seems so out of place for him. Seeing a guy like this is so cute! However, that thought is replaced when panic hits me. What do they have in store for me if he's acting like this?! Oh no, I'm scared….

 His friends are nudging him to go on. "Sunhwa, do you have a boyfriend?"

My eyes bug out when he asks this question.

 I turn around to my friends. They're staring at the guys with a suspicious expression.

 "What are you trying to do to poor, innocent little Sunhwa?" Hyosung asked them in a stern tone.

 "Nothing! I'm just asking her…" Onew replied. Then he looked at me, " So do you?" He seems more confident now.

 "No…" I reply.

 "Then…" Is this is a prank? Or is he really going to ask what it seems like he will.

 He looks dead into my eyes as he asks, "Do you want to go out with me?"