Klutz

Love Strike

 

For a while - around five seconds I think, I stay still, too shocked to move. I can hear people around us, murmuring things about me in his arms.  I think Minho has cologne on or something because he smells really good, making me want him to not let go. However, that would be creepy so I make myself separate from him. Looking around, I see that a crowd has formed, attracted to the scene of two people "hugging".

 Feeling my cheeks turn warm, I turn around to walk away. I'm allergic to the eyes of so many people on me. However, before I walk away, his voice calls out to me. "You okay?"

 I turn around and see him looking at me. "Yes, uh, thanks for catching me." Then I leave the room.

    ***

 "Sunhwa!" Jieun putsher arms tightly around me when she sees me walking over to the water fountain.

 "Hey Jieun!" I smiled.

 "Why do you look so flustered?" Hyosung asked me.

 "Oh nothing, I just tripped by accident and fell into this guy's arms."

 "What, a guy caught you?! What's his name?" Zinger asked, looking at me with interest. Fortunately, her boyfriend isn't with her.

 "I think it's Minhoo or something."

 "Ooh! I know that kid," Jieun said.

 "Yeah, he's so POPULAR!" Sunhwa gossiped.

 "Really? I just took notice of him today" I replied. "Wow Sunhwa, Do you live under a rock?" Hyosung joked.

 "Hey!" I countered.

 "I'm just kidding Sunhwa!" she patted my hair.

 "So what class do you have him in?" Jieun questioned.

 "Math," I made a face at mentioning my least favorite subject.

 "With Mrs.Kwon?" Zinger asked.

 "Yeah,"

 "Who's that?" Hyosung inquired.

 "The lady who always wears her hair in a bun," I described.

 "Oh yeah, I know her."

 "Okay, anyway guys, I better leave for science class" Jieun notified us.

 "Aww, okay bye Jieun!" I gave her a hug before she left.

 "There's just a minute before the bell rings so we should head to class too", Sunhwa suggested.

 "Yeah," both me and Hyosung said in unison.

 "What do you have now?" Zinger asks as we head into the building.

 "Um, math I think. In room 305."

 "Again!"

 "Yeah" I sighed, realizing that I would have to see Minho again.

***

 

"Hey, it's the girl who almost fell today!" Onew rudely welcomed me when I walked into class.

 "Shut up…" I retorted.

 "Hey, don't be so uptight" he put his hands back like I was about to punch him or something.  Minho and Park Bom just watched us.

 I ignored him, sat down and started taking out my math notebook.

 "Time to pass back tests!" Ms.Kwon informed. A combination of boos and yays followed this.

 When I finally got to see my score after receiving it, I put my head down in disappointment. The number circled in red at the top of the page was a mere 78. Once again, a mediocre grade for an honor's student. This is why I hate math…

 "What did you get?" Minho asked Park Bom.

 "A 90!" she smiled. "You?"

 "A 97" he grinned. When he said this, my jaw almost broke. How did this loud mouthed guy score so high on such a difficult test? Well than again, it's my fault for judging a book by it's cover.

 Suddenly, Minho turns his attention to me while I'm staring at him in wonder and asks," What'd you get?"

 "Huh?" I'm caught off guard. "Oh uh…" I hesitate, ashamed of my score.

"A 78…" I quietly say.

 "Huh, what did you say?" Minho asks me to repeat.

 "A 78" I say, louder this time.

 "Oh", from the look of face, I can see that he now understands why I didn’t tell them my score so eagerly.

 However, Onew turns around to face me with excitement on his face. " I got the same score too!" He has his hand lifted up.

 "Oh that's cool," I reply, a little grateful that someone here is like me.

 Out of the blue, his expression turns serious. "You left me hanging."

 "Huh?"

 "High five"

 "Oh!" I become aware of his hand that is still raised.

 I slap the palm of my hand on his and he's smiling again. This guy gets excited easily. But he sure does know how to make someone feel better, I smiled.

 "Yo! Did you watch the football game last night?!" Minho starts talking about football this time. Yuck.

  ***

 "Hey guys, want to come to my house today?" Hyosung asked.

 "Why not" I answered her question. We were outside, walking to the bus stop now.

 "Sure," Jieun also agreed to come along.

 "Sorry… I can't. I already promised Jongyun that I would go to the movies with him…"

 "Oh that's alright…" Hyosung told her.

 Jieun looked at me with an expression that said, "Here we go again."

 Just as we're talking about him, Jonghyun comes out of nowhere in his ford, calling out, "Zinger baby!"

 Zinger's apologetic expression is immediately replaced with excitement.

 "I'm here!" she shouts back and runs to his car, leaving us without a good bye.

 "Oh brother" Hyosung shakes her head.

 "She keeps leaving us for that guy… " Jieun says.

 "Whatever, let her be. We'd probably be like that if we had a boyfriend too" I defended Zinger. Hey, I smiled, It's getting easier to get over him.

 "Yeah, but her number one priority is always him…" Jieun says, looking away. She misses her best friend.

 Hyosung puts an arm over Jieun's shoulder, "It's okay. She'll come to understand soon."

 Jieun looks up, smiling, "Thanks for the comfort."

 "Don't mention it." Then she looks at me, wondering how I'm feeling.

 She reads my expression and says, "Wow, I guess you really are getting over this whole situation."

 "You can tell?!" I ask her.

 "Yeah, you don't seem that effected."

 "That's good." I smiled. I guess I really am officially getting over Zinger dating my ex-crush.

 

 We have finally arrived at the crowded bus stop when a voice calls out to me, "Hey girl who almost fell today!" I follow the voice to it's owner and see Onew, with a couple of boys behind him, standing a few feet away from me. They're grinning and staring at me, so I'm guessing that I must be their target.