Three

Secret Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I peeped out from my room after getting changed; I can’t believe I’m trying to find a place to hide in my own house. The seven of them looked pretty comfortable spreading around the living room while I was still peeping from my room to see if I was hallucinating or this was actually happening.

I was busy looking at myungsoo and sungyeol not dropping my cactus pots, when sungjong came to the door and dragged me out.

“Tell him it’s totally okay for us to stay” he said  confidently folding hands in front of his leader hyung who clearly didn’t look happy from the way he was looking at me. I stood there blinking; sungjong nudged and shook his head signaling me to talk.

Dongwoo and Woohyun joined our little group outside my room, sunggyu turned to sungjong after seeing me unresponsive. A few more seconds of silence prevailed when woohyun intervened “Dayeon we are really sorry for the inconvenience, it was all because of this brat we ended up here” he stressed on the last part pulling sungjong to him holding his neck by those really muscular arms.

As much I wanted sungjong to get busted by his hyungs, he looked at me with pleading eyes telling me to cover up for him like he always did in school when he gets into trouble which he can’t handle.

“No no it’s okay” I said quickly clutching sungjong’s shirt before my brat of a best friend gets dragged away to face the wrath of six guys.

“Really?” sunggyu face brightened, I nodded smiling “It’s really okay for you guys to spend the night here”.

After getting a few punches sungjong was released from their clutches, I dragged him to the kitchen before shouting “Make yourselves at home” and please don’t break anything, internally.

“What do I get for letting you guys crashing here for tonight?” I said folding my arms standing in front of him

“Cash?” sungjong asks confused

“Really, that’s all you could come up with?” I smacked him.

“What else do you want?” he sulked making me annoyed.

“If you’re going to sulk, it wouldn’t take me five seconds to go and tell them I changed my mind, please get out” I scoffed, he held my hands shaking his head pleading “No, anything but that please boo, I will do anything for you”. I finally got what I wanted for him to say.

“Anything uh-huh” I said smirking; he nodded without knowing what I’ll make him do, serves him right.

We went back to the living room to join the others; sungjong was generous to give me a small spot down between him and the sofa. While I was sitting there awkwardly they debated on what movie to watch, shocked by their choice of movies seeing dongwoo take out Frozen and Inside Out, I became speechless.

“Don’t tell me there’s princess diaries too in there?” I murmured to myself, after lots of arguments I interfered telling them I’ll lend my Despicable Me collection for them to watch since their discussions seem to have no end and not to forget the stupid game of rock-paper-scissors they use for every damn thing. It was already mid-night and they wouldn’t conclude the game or their chatter.

So it was finally settled, all of us and the food got to place to watch the first part of the series. With woohyun taking the whole couch since everybody including me at rock-paper-scissors. Myungsoo and sungyeol took the bean bags in the corner while the rest of us sat down in front of the television with all possible blankets in my house.

For the first time since I moved here I’ve had these many people inside my house, probably sungjong and his parents are the only ones who’ve been here. It felt vivid and weird, a good one though. I bent forward to grab a slice of pizza when I realized a pair of eyes looking at me, it was just pure human intuition that you would feel if someone was staring at you for so long. I knew who it was and tried my best to not acknowledge his presence. From the time they all entered my house I knew he would try to corner me again, ask undeniable questions. Sensing it, I made sure to not even look his way. But secretly panicked what if that really happens, I felt like a defenseless person who can’t even hold her own forte. He makes me feel small just by his existence around me, and not to forget the evil smirk he gives from time to time.

I was on my phone half the time while the others were a little too immersed in the movie I heard some rumbling sounds from the kitchen. I got up immediately to see who it was, to my bad there stood howon going through all the shelves. He turned to me “Do you have something to drink?”

“There’s be…” before I could finish

“Except that, anything but beer”

“No” I said walking towards him to close the drawers and shelves he opened

“All I could find was beer beer beer, how do you live drinking these” he scrunched his face looking disgusted by the sight of the cans

“I love beeer, now what do you want?” I was annoyed and highly offended by his choice of words.

“Something to drink” he folded his arm leaning on the counter

“There’s some hot chocolate left, I think” I opened one of the shelves to see if there was some left, he nodded agreeing to it half-heartedly

I was heating some milk for mixing when he shoot the first arrow “Do you usually take the emergency exit?” trying to suppress his laugh, I deep sighed ignoring it and continued making him the drink as fast as possible to shut him up. He didn’t seem to back down when he came and stood beside me. I was probably a toy for him to play with; he didn’t stop teasing about it. I was turning red in embarrassment since I didn’t have any answer to why I kissed him. He doesn’t seem to understand it. He indeed is annoying and love to pester.

“And also you should stop laughing at our pictures in shops; people might misunderstand you as an anti” he said coolly taking the cup from me

I was paralyzed in shock when he said, thoughts ran through my mind making me dizzy, how did he know? How? My heart was racing so fast I thought it was going to explode anytime.

I turned to leave looking flustered when he held me by the arm pulling me back into the kitchen, “Where are you going? You haven’t answered to anything I asked for, well minus the hot chocolate”

My mind wavered, I could see stars. I out, for a moment. When I opened my eyes I was sitting on the kitchen counter with howon patting my cheeks calling out my name, though I was aware of my surroundings everything seemed blur. After he made me drink some water I finally took a deep breath and stood up.

“Are you really okay?” he shook my shoulders vigorously to make me speak something; I could clearly see he was panicking.

I let out a small laugh getting out of his clutches nodding; he really looked funny while panicking. “I am, now would you please stop shaking my shoulders”

“Ah yes, sorry” he took a step back flustered

Both of us took a seat in the dining table after all the commotion with him finishing the rest of his drink.

“You guys looked hideous in those pictures though” I started since I really wanted to know if he was in the shop or he guessed that, since if he was in the shop there would have been fans going crazy and shouting. The shop was rather calm, expect for my insides.

“I brought dongwoo hyung there to calm him down when I found you in the shop” I was nervous to know if he had seen what I bought, but he continued “Sungjong called us suddenly so we left early before I could speak to you” For the first time in days I was thankful to my best friend for doing such a thing. I nodded gulping more water to stop myself from cold sweating more.

Surprisingly our conversation went well with him throwing in half-baked jokes for which I forced myself to laugh since he couldn’t stop laughing at how funny he was himself. Boy probably loves himself more than anybody with the rate of how confidently he spoke with those pathetic p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter