Guardian Angel

Suga Kookies

148afc70e8b09eea502094817506.jpg

Prompt: Guardian Angel
(A/N - I got my inspiration for this prompt from this fanart, © to owner. The moodboard is my own work. Please do not steal. I wrote this a while ago. Also I am working on the I Need U/Run request, apologies on the delay. College assignments were piling up but all good now x)

guardian angel
noun
a spirit that is thought to watch over and protect a person or place.

Feathers, fallen, surrounded him.
His palm resting against the glass as tears rolled down his cheeks. He was too late. He had failed. He couldn't save him.

Yoongi looked up as up as Namjoon entered,

Yoongi looked up as up as Namjoon entered, "Seokjin wants to see you." Yoongi let out a sigh. You couldn't ignore Jin. Not only was he beautiful, he is also very powerful, lethal. The older in charge of this sector of the earth. He made sure all duties were fulfilled and kept them all in check.

He took a deep breath entering the conference room where not only Jin, but also Hoseok, sat waiting. He bowed, "Jin hyung." Seokjin smiled motioning for him to take a seat. Once he was seated Yoongi noticed the two files in Jin's grasp. Jin slid a folder in front of each of them, stare intense, "As you both know we lost many guardians due to war. All others have been assigned or are completing missions. Hoseok you are now he guardian of Kim Taehyung. Quite a strange being but from observing has a kind heart. A little bit clumsy. Take the rest of the day to learn about him. Tomorrow at seven am sharp meet Jinyoung for the location among other things. You know the drill." Hoseok bowed before leaving. Jin turned to Yoongi opening the folder, "His name is Jeon Jungkook. Black hair with brown eyes. Is shy and awkward. Described as innocent. Gets panic attacks if he feels like he can't breathe. Fortunately his best and only friend is Taehyung so you will see Hoseok a lot. I know this is hard for you but control are putting on a firm leash. My hands are tied. I wouldn't ask otherwise. I know you can do this Yoongi. It's time you got back out there. I have faith in you." Jin placed a hand on Yoongi's shoulder squeezing it gently before leaving him to his thoughts. He glanced at the folder. He hoped it would be different this time. He hoped he could save him. He had failed before. With him. Park Jimin.

At 7 am sharp he was ready to go and flew down to their base on earth. He found Jinyoung in the armory as usual. Jinyoung whistled, "Well I'll be damned. Min Yoongi. Okay so first things first you'll be attending Seoul Institute of Performing Arts as a senior. You will be majoring in music composing and producing and photography. Jungkook is majoring in dance and vocal. He minors in photography and creative art so will have some classes with you. You will be sharing a dorm with Hoseok directly across from the two males. Everything you need is in the dorm room. Obviously you'll need to hide your wings. Here is spare clothes, keys, a phone, a credit card and I.D. Good luck." Yoongi nodded and retracted his wings. It was always a little painful. He changed his clothes and made his way outside.

Eventually he found the entrance. Students rushed past not taking any notice of him. He made his way to the dormitories locating room B64, third floor. As he opened the door a body threw itself onto his. Hoseok's voice was chipper as always, "Hyung isn't this amazing. Humans have such interesting ways of life. Kind of intriguing." Yoongi didn't understand the obsession of college life. According to humans it was a chance to explore and experiment but why was that only a college thing. Why wasn't it a life thing. Humans wasted their lives doing similar routines each day.

A month passed without any problems. Yoongi had gotten used to his classes. He also noticed how Jungkook rarely left his dorm. He would go to classes, come home, have dinner, finish homework and than bed. He only interacted with Taehyung. He didn't quite get why he was needed at all. It was as he was thinking this Hoseok entered the dorm all sweat. Yoongi presumed from dancing. Hoseok beamed at him, "Hyung! I found a way you can get closer to Jungkook. Simon class we have to perform a duo and I asked Jungkook to be my partner. He agreed, or well nodded. We're meeting him at a café tomorrow. I told him he could bring a friend to be more comfortable. If it goes as planned he'll bring Taehyung. Two birds, ones stone." Yoongi groaned. Hoseok's plans always fell through. Meaning after tomorrow things changed. They would have to be extra careful.

The next morning he was awoken by Hoseok or Hobi,

The next morning he was awoken by Hoseok or Hobi, "so we seem close hyung." Sometimes he wanted to hit the living sunshine he calls a roommate. He likes his sleep and loathed being taken from it. The both got dressed and made their way to the nearby café they would be meeting the two. Yoongi looked at the sign 'Sugar Kookies." Who names a café something like that. Humans are indeed strange beings. It was warm inside and the smell of fresh coffee and melted chocolate was a welcome feeling. Hoseok led him to a booth in the back corner. It was hidden from view of other tables but could still see the door. The bell above the door tinkled and Hoseok was the first to notice the two humans. His voice ever as loud beckoning them, "Yah Jungkook! Over here." Yoongi would face palm if he had the energy, "Yes do call attention on the boy who has social anxiety." As the made their way towards the guardians Yoongi watched as Jungkook was practically hidden behind Taehyung almost as though he was his protector. The day at the opposite side of the booth. Hoseok smiled, "Hello. I'm Hoseok and this grumpy cat here is Yoongi." Taehyung beamed back at Hoseok, "I'm Taehyung and as you know this is Jungkook. I was surprised really for the invite. Kookie here came home rambling about how the hyung he admires asked to partner up." Hoseok's cheeks turned a shade of pink, "Oh really? I'm shocked. I mean your extremely talented Jungkook." He seemed to be blushing. Yoongi would hold that over him for definite.

As the two social butterflies conversed Yoongi took the opportunity to observe Jungkook. He was pulling at the hem of his sleeves so the covered his hands. His cheeks permanently pink and had yet to make eye contact with any of them. Every now and again he would bite down on his lip as though to say something but than change his mind. When he did reply he was a stuttering mess and shaking slightly. Hoseok would include him in conversations and it was than Yoongi chose to also take part. At one point Taehyung turned his head tilting it slightly so it was against the raven haired own head. He whispered loud enough that only Jungkook and Yoongi, who sat directly in from of him, could hear him, "You're okay. I'm right here with you. Whenever you want to leave just say the word or use the signal." Jungkook mumbled something that he considered a 'no I'm okay' because Taehyung gazed at him for another split second before resuming conversation. It was then Yoongi understood his role as a guardian. Jimin had needed saving from himself. Jungkook needed a push, a helping hand to nudge him to be confident. To show how beautiful and worthwhile he is. It would take time but Yoongi found himself determined. Maybe it was because he was ready. Or maybe it was because of the way the younger had looked up at him shyly. He smiled once showing the bunny resemblance before dropping his head down again. Something inside Yoongi stirred. Yeah okay maybe it was the bunny smile.

When the four finished they swapped contact details. Before separating Jungkook bowed, "T-Thank y-you for the food. I-I'm looking forward to working with you hyung." He glanced at Yoongi. Yoongi smiled showing his gums, "See you around kid, I hope." Jungkook's cheeks flushed and he hurried inside his dorm. Taehyung turned to Hoseok making his voice a whisper, "Thank you. Really. For giving him a chance. Not many people do.' Hoseok nodded, "He's different. He's got a natural talent that will take him far. I hope this means we'll become friends. All of us." Taehyung smiled bowing before also entering his dorm. Both guardians entered their dorm room. Hoseok grinned, "See I told you it would go as planned." Yoongi scoffed, "Never doubted you. He's cute." Hoseok frowned, "Taehyung, yeah he is." Yoongi frowned back, "I was talking about Jungkook."

 

(A/N - so what do you think   

(A/N - Also there will be a part two so look forward to thst as well.)