Daddy Day Care

Suga Kookies

14813085924ad3bb427126953667.jpg

Yoongi held his baby's hand as they made their way home, "How was your day Minnie?" His four year old son, Minseok, looked up at him with a wide grin, "Mr Kookie said I am very good at playing piano. He asked where I learned and I told him papa taught me. I really like Mr Kookie papa. He's very pretty and kind and he has a nice voice." Yoongi had heard his son mention 'Mr Kookie' a few times, okay all the time. Lately he was the main topic of conversations. Yoongi had been grouchy over it and so asked Hoseok, his close friend, who also worked there. Hoseok had told him that 'Mr Jungkook' is a new edition to the facility this year, the youngest teacher in the school and all the kids adore him. This had made him even more grouchy. Losing his baby to someone called Kookie. 

Once home, he did his usual routine of helping Minseok with homework, than had playtime followed by dinner. He let Minseok watch television while he washed up. Than they would go upstairs and change into pajamas. Than he read his baby's favorite book, La Luna, to him as he fell asleep holding his favorite stuffed Kumamon. Yoongi tucked him in and kissed him whispering 'I love you' before going to the kitchen to finish his work. The next morning he buttered toast and put a bowl of Cheerios on the table. A bleary eyes Minseok padded in one hand holding Kumamon, the other rubbing his eyes. Yoongi smiled, "Morning baby." Minseok smiled back, "Morning daddy." Yoongi helped him put on his clothes. Black jeans, a black jumper, a black leather jacket and a black hat to match, because 'I want to be like daddy'. What could he say, his baby had style. He put out his hand, "Daddy doesn't have work today until eleven so do you want me to take you today?" Minseok nodded smiling his gummy smile just like Yoongi's, "Yes! Yes!"

 

Losing his baby to someone called KookieOnce home, he did his usual routine of helping Minseok with homework, than had playtime followed by dinner

 

They walked together reaching the familiar building. All of a sudden Minseok let go running off. He let out a squeal jumping into a strangers arms, "Mr Kookie!" Yoongi frowned. This was him. He looked so young. Doe eyes and bunny teeth. He barely looked as if he was out of high school. He slowly walked towards them overhearing their conversation. Mr Kookie was speaking, his voice gentle and smooth, "Ooh don't you look handsome today. Did daddy help you today?" Minseok nodded, "Yes! I want to be just like him." Minseok noticed Yoongi, "Daddy! This is my teacher." Yoongi smiled at the brunette, "Mr Kookie I presume. Nice to meet you. Minnie talks about you a lot." Mr Kookie smiled down at Minseok, "Really? It's nice to meet you Mr Min. I'm Jungkook, er Mr Kookie." He placed Minseok back down and they both watched as he ran over to some friends. Jungkook turned to Yoongi again, "Minseok talks a lot about you too. He admires, loves you a lot." Yoongi looked at his baby boy smiling, "Yeah. Call me Yoongi. I love him a lot too. He's my gift." Jungkook tilted his head, "He resembles you a lot. You have the same eyes and smile from what I can see. Knows how to use it to his advantage too without trying. He's very kind, makes sure all the other kids aren't alone." Yoongi met the brunette's eyes, "Yeah. He's quite something. My little ball of sunshine. He was unplanned you know. A one night stand. I was in a bad place when I was told about him. His mom died giving birth. I got myself together. It was hard and a lot of work but I was lucky to have help from friends. Here we are now. He made me become a better person." Yoongi's eyes widened,  "I'm sorry I don't know why I told you all of that." Jungkook smiled, "It's okay. I've been told I'm easy to talk to. Now I don't want to sound rude but I must get set up." Yoongi checked his watch and realised it was almost nine. He bit his lip, "Would you like some help setting up?" Jungkook grinned, "Sure. We're starting with music." Yoongi followed behind him waving at Minseok who rushed over placing a hand in each male's, "Daddy why are you going inside with Mr Kookie?" Jungkook smiled, "Your daddy's going to help set up. After your enthusiasm of setting up a music station I asked the principal and she agreed." Minseok grinned, "Daddy maybe you can play the piano for us." Yoongi chuckled, "Only if Mr Kookie agrees and you play beside me." Jungkook smiled, "Of course. I'd love to hear you two play." They entered a brightly painted room with walls of drawings and art made by the children. Jungkook clapped his hands, not too loudly, "Good morning everyone." A chorus of 'Good morning Mr Kookie' was the response. Jungkook grinned, I want you all to give a warm welcome to a very special guest, Mr Min Yoongi. He is Minseok's daddy and today he will be playing the piano for us. We're very lucky to have him here." A burst of squeals replied. Yoongi had blushed for the first time as he sat at the piano. He ran his hands over the keys. Minseok sat beside him. Yoongi had taught him the notes to a song that they would often play together. It was a difficult enough song but Minseok had been eager and after lots of practice he had gotten the hang of it. Yoongi had felt a proud warmth in his chest. The same feeling he received everyday at simple things his baby did, like making someone smile by genuinely complimenting them or even showing him a drawing he had completed. Now as he began the piece he got the same feeling as Minseok was able to follow without notes. When they finished he looked up to see astonished faces of the children before they began clapping loudly. Minseok began talking to his friends who were asking about how he learned to play piano. Jungkook stood beside him. He seemed almost dazed. Yoongi frowned, "J-Jungkook?" Jungkook snapped out of his trance grinning widely at Yoongi showing his bunny like smile, "That was amazing. Both of you. You have quite the talent Yoongi. Do you play often?" Yoongi scratched his neck, "I'm actually in the music industry. I produce music and help upcoming artists. Piano always played a big part in my pieces so I improved my knowledge and well..." There he went again rambling about himself. Jungkook made an 'oh' sound, "I have to say I'm impressed. Well if you're ever not busy feel free to play for the kids. Music is not only theirs but my favorite part of the day. Also they seem to like you." Yoongi didn't know if this was flirting but his next words sure sounding like it, "Just them or does that mean you as well." A pink tinge appeared on the teacher's cheeks and Yoongi quite liked the look. He checked his watch sighing in disappointment, "Well I should be going but I will definitely be taking you up on that offer." He kissed Minseok on the head before leaving. It was safe to say he didn't mind so much anymore if Mr Kookie came up in conversations, in fact at times he was the first to ask.

 

It was safe to say he didn't mind so much anymore if Mr Kookie came up in conversations, in fact at times he was the first to ask