I'll Teach You

Suga Kookies

147e31187e9fb7ec135526223137.jpg

Prompt: Where Jungkook can't read and finds himself being taught by a stranger.

Jungkook regretted his decision to join the 95 line on their adventures as soon as he saw where they were headed

Jungkook regretted his decision to join the 95 line on their adventures as soon as he saw where they were headed. The library. Of all places they take him to a library. Not that it was their fault.
No one had taught him. His parents died when he was a baby and with no other family it meant he grew up in an orphanage. Jimin smiled, "We must just get a few materials for an assignment seeming we have time and than we'll head to the movies. Take a look around if you'd like while you're waiting." Jungkook nodded and began scanning shelves pretending to be interested in what was on them. He knew there were different sections in the library. The actual part where you can relax and read, the Internet access area, the study area and the group area. The group area was where people would meet and have talks and discuss things. At least that's what he was told. 
He had been so busy pretending to be interested in the books he didn't notice he had entered a new section. It was the music section. Jungkook loves anything to do with music, dance and art. He was good at it too, especially dancing. It involved feeling rather than well actual thinking. He picked up a book scanning it's cover. Looking over the colors and drawing on the front.
A voice interrupted his thoughts, "You've been staring at that cover for a good five minutes." He turned to see a shorter male with dyed blonde hair and intimidating eyes raising an eyebrow at him, "I'm Yoongi by the way." Jungkook placed the book back on the shelf clearing his throat, "Jungkook. Um actually I was just er reading all of the details on it." The shorter man frowned, "What's it about than?" Jungkook shuffled on his feet, "Music?" Yoongi scoffed, "Wouldn't have guessed seeming it's the music section." Jungkook looked at the floor, the atmosphere becoming awkward. Yoongi leaned towards him picked the same book from the shelf, "Huh! Piano notes basics. You play?" Jungkook shook his head, "No but I've always wanted to learn." Jungkook sent a prayer to whatever good luck magic he had. Learning piano was something he'd actually always wanted to do. Yoongi handed him the book, "Well good luck." The shorter male turned and left without another word. Jungkook looked at the book once more memorizing its details. He'd come back, for the same book and teach himself. How hard could it be. He smiled to himself and made his way back to his two friends who were finishing up their project. 
Jungkook let out a tired sigh as he fell into bed. The movie had been a long one and boring. It had been a romantic movie. Not his first choice. Setting an alarm he fell into a deep slumber. When he woke up the next morning he took his time. Washing up and eating breakfast. Changing into his usual jeans and timberland's but rather than white he chose a black t-shirt to match the black beanie.  He made his way to the library. His plan was to go through the book. See if could figure it out. He scanned the shelves when his eyes caught the same book. Checking that it had the same details and drawing on the front he sat at a corner table by himself. Taking out a pencil and paper for notes he opened the first page. His mind drew a blank picture. It was all just words. A shuffling sound made him look up. The stranger, Yoongi from yesterday sat beside him watching him. His eyes widened, "Y-Yoongi hyung. What are you d-doing here?" Yoongi smiled, "I come here to think and to write. Noticed you walk past and decided to say hello. Can I ask you a question Jungkook?" Jungkook nodded, "Um sure." Yoongi pointed to the book, "You've been staring at the same first page since you sat down. Why?" Jungkook bit down on his bottom lip nervously, "W-Well you see." He let his head drop mumbling the next few words, "I can't read." Yoongi leaned forwards, "I'm sorry but I can't hear you." Jungkook looked at him huffing a little making his voice more clear but not too loud, "I said, I can't read. I don't know how to." Yoongi raised an eyebrow unsure if the younger was being serious. When he saw the embarrassment showing on his pink stained cheeks he sighed, "Than I'll guess I'll have to teach you before I can teach you the basics of piano." Jungkook's mouth opened in shock. Yoongi chuckled, "Right I'd better start with letters." 
Each day he would meet the older in the same spot or a local cafe and he would help him learn new words, meanings and how to read them, pronounce them. He was impressed at his patience. He never showed that he was frustrated or annoyed at Jungkook's slow pace. On this particular day they were meeting in the cafe and Jungkook was excited to say the least. He had finished his first book and could understand the majority of it, some words being too complicated. He waited for the older in their usual seats. When he saw him enter he waved while grinning, "Hyung!"

Yoongi sat opposite giving him a tired smile,

Yoongi sat opposite giving him a tired smile, "Jungkook! You seem excited." Jungkook nodded, "I did it I finished my first book." For most it wouldn't be a big deal but Jungkook was so happy at his accomplishment. Yoongi couldn't stop the smile that graced his lips, gums showing, "I'm proud of you Jungkook. So proud." He really was. The younger had come a long way. Unable to even read one letter to now finishing a whole book. The light in his eyes as he excitedly told Yoongi was so captivating. How something so simple could make someone so happy. It was refreshing. He had come to the realization that the younger had become a big part of his life. He enjoyed observing him. How his eyes sparkled. How a blush would spread across his cheeks when shy or embarrassed. The wide smile that resembles a bunny that he was self conscious of but was so beautiful. He would play with his sleeves when he was nervous and awkward. Sometimes biting his lip which drove the older insane. Those lips. Yoongi knew he had fallen for the younger. Jungkook looked up at him a burst of confidence spreading through him. He leaned across and kissed the older on the cheek, "Thank you Yoongi hyung. Really." Yoongi felt his cheeks heat up, "It's no problem. Now we can begin piano lessons. That's if you still want to le-" Jungkook cut him off with a small sequel, "Really? You'll actually teach me. How can I ever repay you hyung. Name it." Yoongi could imagine the light bulb above his head at this perfect opportunity. He smiled nervously, "Go on a date with me this weekend." Jungkook seemed to let the question run through his mind and for a split second Yoongi was convinced he had scared the younger off. However he was surprised when Jungkook placed his hand in his, eyes twinkling, "I would really like that hyung." Yoongi smiled, "Good."