chapter 3

The time for us to be together


CHAPTER 3


SHK POV


"song hye kyo!"


"..." i still can't look at her,who is shaking my hand to try and grab my attention,but i am not answering to her lead...i am sorry.


"song hye kyo ssi"  me and my unnie look toward the voice who called my name and it was my doctor in charge.


"doctor..." he comes to me and look me with a really concerned expression and i could sense the feeling of a parent talking to his child,even when he is so young he take me as a child?


"Sigh,song hye kyo ssi,i think you have every right to decide carefully but,this is really the wrost time"


"what do you mean?"


"your head ache,it's because the mass is pressing toward your eyes,later on you,will start to loose your sight"


"what...did you say?" i can't belive it,not even a time to rest? why?


"that's why you should get surgery as soon as possible,you can get by for another 3 month at least before going completly blind and then..."


"STOP!" i couldn't bear to hear anymore


"arasso,i don't want to talk about this for now"


"song hye kyo! listen you have to get surgery-"


"please let me be just this time"


"i suggest you to at least work less"


"arasso,i will take less jobs for her"


"by the way do you know my cousin?" asked me the doctor,but i didn't understand what he was talking about.


"what are you saying? your cousin?"


"dae,it's an actor,ji chang wook"


"omo,so he is your cousin?"


"dae,don't worry i didn't say anything to him,but i think he realized it already,he is a smart guy" that's right,ji chang wook helped me again this time and he surely will have suspicious by now...well first i should talk to him.


"doctor can you please give me his number?"


"...sure if you want to" the doctor gave me his phone number and later i called him after my unnie went outside.


"yobuseyo?"


"yeobuseyo...i am song hye kyo"


"...what?! omo sesange,JDHIHDHWEH" i suddenly heard a strange noise coming from his side of the phone"


"is everything okay?"


"omo,dae,i just,fought with my cat,i fell on the ground too,it's quite painfull" aigo,this is fun


"mpfff"


"omo,did you laugh just now?"


"dae i did,my gosh this is fun,tought it must hurt right?"


"dae...my "


"ahahahahah" i can't stop laughing it's been awhile since i laughed like this.


"...you must really be happy hearing me falling,miss song hye kyo?"


"omo,sorry"


"mpfff,it's okay,but,what did you call for?" right back at the reason why i called him.


"i called you because i wanted to thank you,i took your number from your cousin"


"...i see...then...could it be that you..." i can't hide it from him can i? in the end he helped me and,he must already have figure out even just a bit.


"...dae,i am sick" silence from the other side of the phone.


"...do you have,i mean the reason you are under my cousin care is because-"


"i have a bad desease,yes,in my brain"


"my gosh...i am so sorry,i...can you get surgery?" suddenly my unnie came back


"can we talk face to face? i have things to ask you too"


"sure,then,i will wait at the hospital,at the back i will get you "


"are you free right now?"


"i am"


"perfect,then i will come down when you arrive"


"dae"


--------------------------------------------------


I talked to my unnie and she gave permission to go with him and that's what i did.


"song hye kyo ssi"


"hello" i get inside his car and then he start the car.


"..."


"say something will you?"


"i am sorry i...don't really know what to say" he answer apologetic.


"sigh,i think in the end,you are pretty cute" i say while smiling trying to lift the mood and to my surprise he look at me with a red face,my gosh really cute.


"omo sesange,please don't say this,song hye kyo that compliment me is really a difficult thing to get trough"


"mpfff,wae? what's wrong with me?"


"well,i never tought i would meet you and i would get complimented,aigo,o we are here" we arrived at the coffe shop,it's pretty and a quiet place i understand why he wanted to come here. We enter inside the shop and sit on a table,from here start the real talk.


"well you know i am a fan of yours and i wanted to work with you" my smile became a sad one.


"you wanted to work with me and...are a fan?...just like him" i wisper the last sentence to myself,remembering that jong ki used to say the same thing as him.


"dae i really wanted to work with you,i also think you are really pretty"


"aigo,i am a pretty and sick song hye kyo" his smile faded away while mine remained.


"don't look at me like that"


"can you get surgery?"


"dae but...i am scared,that's why i am keeping on saying later,i have to think about it and so on"


"but shouldn't you get treated as soon as possible?why aren't you?"


"because i am scared,that's why"


"...still i think that you should have the surgery"


"...i am sorry,but i am here for another reason...please keep this secret no matter what"


"...i will but you should get treated"


"..i will,i for sure"


"then please,let me know your conditions"


"dae"


-----------------------------


Meanwhile outside the same bar.


"jong ki,this bar is always so quiet i can tell you this is the best place ever"


"arasso"


SJK POV


I can't stop thinking about that time when she collapse no- when she fell on him,how can i say it i felt strange,sigh this whole day is strange.


"omo,look there,isn't she song hye kyo? and she is with someone else too..." i look the way my manager is pointing with his finger and then i see her,song hye kyo,with actor ji chang wook,don't know why but in a way i don't like seeing them together.


"let's go inside" i say to my manager and he follow me. We enter inside the cafe and take the table near them, fortunately they can't see me,since the chair are in reality big couch. I am right behind song hye kyo's back,and i can hear what they say fortunately.


"...song hye kyo ssi,shouldn't you take the surgery? i know you are scared but,my cousin is a really good doctor, i bet he called the best surgeon to remove your...tumor,so just, do it"


What? tumor?! so i was right? she was the one who is sick...i can't belive it,i was such a jerk...was i really just finding an excuse to make us go our separate ways?...thinking back...maybe i am just a bastard,at first i din't care what people said about us,i had many people that liked us together and some who didn't,thinking i just used her in a way,but i worked my off to stay where i am right now,so yea,i admit it in a way i found those things really noisy,but i always tought it would pass. I am an actor who want to be recognized by his own merits and not only because of the famous actress like right now,hye kyo. Still i tried to to put up with it because i tough it will pass,i would have waited together with her,a sunbae,i could never catch up with,someone who is a really a good person and a good friend,but when i heard hyung saying,this then-


FLASH BACK


Ju in sung was talking together with a friend of his about kyo and me.


"aigo,she really did it this time,well she is always good,in any role she does"


"well but with jong ki she helped her too,i mean she seriously have gone to another level,more than when she worked with you,ahahah,you two didn't win best couple award,ahahah"


"...shut up or i will cut your mouth off curegu,she won baesang award thanks to the fact she worked with me"


"no dear,it was all because of herself,wow she was daeback,i cried bucket,o but you where good too"


"aish-" i saw ji sung look at me once and then looked at his friend again


"jong ki close your ears or just come later arasso?"


"wae?" he smile and gently say


"come later donsaeng,arasso?" i nodded and went away,did he really think i would have left? i tried not to let the both of them see me,fortunateluy they came closer to my way and i was able to ear everything"


"Also,kyo told me personally that she felt herself being used by him,like she was only a stepping stone for his career to grow"


I felt my heart like crushing to the ground,i then understood why he didn't want me to hear anything at all,because he tought i would be hurt by it,well he was right. After that time i took my phone,i was so angry and sad,my heart was really sad but,but...i never asked for an explanation. What would she have said in the first place? what would she have said answered me?,what excuse or explanation would she have told me? ji sung didn't know i would be listening, so of course there is no plot,my hyung wouldn't have done something like that...in the end,i never asked her for her reason and in a way i tought it was the best for me and her. Song hye kyo wouldn't feel anymore burdned and i,would finally stop to look up to her so much and concentrate on my career,yes i would think of her like a stepping stone for my career,that's what i tought back then but,when i talked to her yesterday,she seemed seriously surprised by what i told her,but even yesterday i didn't aske her for the reason she told those things,song hye kyo on the other end wasn't even interested in explaining,she was seriously angry at me and when she said she would have for once told me off to the press,i knew she wouldn't have,because she is a really private person and of course she would have been swept in chaos not only me,but if she really would have talked to the press then hyung would have been in danger too,because the person i heard it from was him,so i get up instinctively. It was such a mess,because all those month i hated her so much,till i saw her in the hospital,gosh i was so worried and guilty, even if she would have said she felt like my stepping stone to my hyung, in the end i cared for her. I started to have doubt about the whole situation when in the interview they asked about the gift,she wanted to give me her gift the day i treated her badly.She also said such nice things about me,i know it was all an act but,it felt real to me,there i felt strange,not to mention when i saw her in the arms of ji chang wook,i tought she fainted again,but,gosh he really is a good actor,i really tought she would have only hurt herself and that's why they where calling her name...but now i know the truth,that she is sick.


"Song hye kyo ssi,please belive my cousin,he-"


"just keep this a secret"


"...why?"


"no one knows,about it"


"not even your friend song jong ki? he asked me about you yesterday"


"...he must never know about it,for sure he must remain in the dark about my conditions" she was so serious,i could feel it from her tone of voice,even if can't see her face,i can tell for sure. I am feeling so bad,i feel like trhowing up,my heart is beating so fast,after knowing the truth...i just didn't care about anything else,i just want her to stay safe,to beg for forgivness to help her.So i decided to talk to her in person. I get out of the cafe fast,i told my staff to leave me alone for the mean time,after that i searched for her car but it seems like she came with him,so the only thing i could do was wait for her,but i didn't have much patience,so i entered back in the cafe and went to her table.


"song hye kyo" i am angry right at this moment,i am so angry,at her for being such a stubborn idiot and at me for being such a jerk.


"song jong ki?" she is surprised,i bet she didn't expect me to be here.


"...come with me right now"


"what?" she asked


"song jong ki ssi,why are you here?" ask curious and worried ji chang wook getting up from his sit.


"sorry,but i need to talk with her for awhile" i look back at her


"come with me right now before i do something stupid" she tranform her surprised expression with a cold one,look elsewhere and then she took her glass of water.


"do what? i know you wouldn't do anything stupid,now please go away,we where having a good time,me and ji chang wook" at that i fliched as my rage became more evident and grew by the minute.


"o,a great time really?" i get closer to her and then i told her everything.


"you are sick,is that the great conversation you two where having?" she then look at me surprised,no-schoked i could see everything in her face"


"...i don't know what you are talking about,let's go back ji chang wook ssi" she takes her bag and get up while looking at ji chang wook,ignoring me completly. She was about to walk past me but i stopped her,grabbing her waist.


"ya! let me go!"


"if you don't come i swer i will do what i said"


"tsk i said,i don't want to come and also what are you going to do? hu?you won't do anyting that can ruin your image am i right?" again,she is still at that...well i can't really blame,her,but i feel like we are only wasting time like this! i push her strongly to me


"gasp,ya-"


"i have a few i deas,right now i don't care about my image,want to know what i am going to do? i am going to kiss you"


"what?!" she instinctively push me and almost fell the other way,but i hold her back.


"or i am going to confess my love right here and now"


"ya! are you crazy?! what the heck are you thinking?!"


"cronicca,follow me because i feel like going mad!" she is speachless and i feel her stop putting resistence so i take her hand instead and start to walk away.


"wait,jong ki ssi" ji chang wook stops me and this time he is serious.


"can you please let her go?she doesn't want to go with you"


"it's not your buisness,we have something to talk about"


"i don't have anything to say!"


"she want to stay here with me so pelase-"


"ji chang wook ssi,i am a friend worried for her,can't i talk with her in private?" he then slowly let me go,he seem a good guy.


"thanks"


"i don't have anything to say,ji chang wook ssi,please!"


"song kye kyo,he already found out,from here you should explain yourself to him right?""


"you,sigh" i just walk away fast, after putting her jacket on her,and taking her bag with me,i take her in my car and for the whole time she didn't say a word,but it's ok,i will talk to her better at my house.


"where are you taking me,hey-"


"to my house"


"what? wae?"


"we need to talk,well"


"tsk,again? what is there to say?...you are pissing me off song jong ki!"


"..." i won't talk not now. Finally we enter my house and i let her sit,but she push me away and get up trying to go to the exitt door,i stopped her.


"what do you want?!"


"why didn't you tell me?!" she stop,song hye kyo is shocked but later she makes a sarcastic laugh.


"ah,tell you? wae?...i didn't even tell about this to my mom,why should i tell this to you...when you aren't even my friend!" she again try to escape but this time i trap her to the wall.


"what are you doing?"


"i heard,you can be saved as long as they operate...take the surgery" she is genuinly surprised.


"wow,you heard this too? really good"


"stop saying uncessary things and tell me you will do the operation" she look at me for awhile,as she start to take deep breath,trying to calm down her anger.


"if i get the surgery or not it's not your buisness is it? why are you doing this?...why?!" she hit me


"you treated me like i did some kind of sin and ignored me!you looked at me with such cold eyes and now you even dare to be worried?,ya! make peace with you brain please!" she keep on hitting me till tired she stop and look at me.


"you heard my answer,now let me go" i let her go and she walk away.


"till when did you know you where sick?" she stopped and then turned around,she smiled.


"ok,i will tell everything you want and even get the surgery if you do what i ask you"


"...fine" she didn't seem pleased at my answer,so she crossed her arms and continued.


"why don't we continue DOTS where we left? let's start again"


"what do you mean?"


"marry me" i was shocked for a split second,but i know she think i wouldn't agree to it,well she is wrong.


"so?...mpfff,see, you won't d-"


"arasso,let's get married" she really can't belive it,her face tell it all,eyes wide open,staring at me.


"w-what?"


"i said ok. Let's get married,should i call the press or should i first register the marriage?,i know someone that can help us,wait i will see his number in my cellphone-" she run at me scared as hell,taking my phone fron my hand.


"..."


"what are you doing?" i ask.


"...ya...are you for real?"


"dae, i told you already,didn't you want to get married? i agree,let's get married" for a split second she became red,don't know if it's because she is mad or if it's the normal reaction of an embarrassed girl.


"give it back" but she take a few steps back.


"are you crazy?! we are talking about marriage here!"


"so what? if this can save your life then so be it" she stop.


"why do you even care so much?...wait, you feel guilty?,because i am sick,you feel guilty?mmm,are you pitying me?" she ask coldly.


"of course i feel guilty!,i realized i was an idiot all this time,crae,i heard from hyung that you said you felt like a stepping stone,that i was using you! i was really hurt by that!"


"what are you saying! i never told such a thing to him!"


"then why did he say that?!"


"what do i know?! curegu,why the hell didnt you ask me first?!"


"because i didn't have the courage to hear your answer!"


"...you...just don't belive me,song jong ki,you just found the easy way and i don't belive you too,i think instead it was easy for you to just think it that way,either way i am going to clarify with jo in sung this thing,what the hell was he thinking when it's been so much that we don't talk to each other"


"anyway,get the surgery done and don't say anything to him" she gave me back my phone and stared at me.


"don't you worry i have no intention of dying anytime soon,just because i want to punch a person like you. Also i have to talk with him,i am not like someone who just doesn't clear things up and then make things worse"


"...when will you get the surgery done?" i don't know if stopping her is the right choice because if it's not like that why did he say that?


"do you think i will tell you? and don't you dare call your friend for us to get married"


"are you going to get the surgery for real?...if you don't i am going to register our marriage and tell it to the press"


"you-ya!"


"you think i won't do it? i can,i feel guilty but i don't pity you,i feel seriously bad about this situation and with the guilt i have, what is wrong in trying to save your life,yes,i want to ease myself saving you"


"what?you bastard"


"as much as i am a bastard...i understood that i care for you more than i ever imagined"


"..."she is speachless and i am too,it sound like confession right now,but i really do care. Now that i have her in front of me i can see everything more clearly. I was hurt because i tought she refused me,i felt like i was out of her world, i couldn't belive that the person that helped me and covered me, shooting tirlessly all her difficult scenes just to to help me recover from the injury. I couldn't belive that the girl who always put a smile on my face, tought i was a burden. The woman i admired so much and i tought was a good friend,in reality despised me and talked behind my back...yes i understand now...i was hurt...and scared of knowing the truth behind that. Because care for song hye kyo.

 

 

I everyone thanks for reading my new story. I know it may seem really ba but please keep on reading and as always please comment below.Have a nice read^^