chapter 2

The time for us to be together



CHAPTER 2


Damn it,i am in my car after talking with song jong ki,i think i escaped it,gosh he almost found me out,who cares,that's the last of my problems.


"GH! IT HURTS...pant,pant,pant,damn it...medicine here can't do anything"


---------------------------


SJK POV


I just saw her,she really was inside the hospital. She explained to me why she was there and i must say it was convincing,she usually help people like that even more after the drama TWTWB,still...she was strange. Well that's just normal,after what i did the other time,of course she would be like that.


"hyung!let's go!"


"...dae"i went with my friend towards our car and find out that hye kyo's car was near ours,curiosity struck me so i looked inside for a bit,it was a little hard to see withouth being noticed and she in the end noticed me


SHK POV


"Damn it,he saw me,i have to hide" damn why doesn't he go away,wae?!...i can't even drive right now,i feel too bad.


"hyung!" his friend call him and he finally leave the place and me in peace. Fortunately the pain went away slowly too and i could go back home where my manager was waiting for me.


"kyo,omosesange!what happened to you?"


"...i had an attack"


"what?...please,do the surgery"


"...we already talked about it also...don't mention it to my mom,she will worry"


"kyo..." she is woried i know,she is een by my side for so many years and now she must keep this secret for me too.


"is there some work i can do?" she look at me worried and i could tell how hesitant she was.


"what is it? tell me" ...the truth is that...you have an interview"


"arasso"


"the thing is that,there will be more VIP you know"


"so what?"


"...jong ki will be there too" damn it,was it a sign? that i would have seen him,tonight?


"should i say you won't go?" i walk to the couch since i am really tired.


"no,let's just go,jong ki is the last of my problems right now"


"...arasso,we are going to go there and nowhere else for today,you should rest more" for once i agree with her,i have no strenght to even lift a finger right now.


------------------------------------


NIGHT OF THE EVENT


I arrived just in time,i just had to go and do my make up,little did i know that jong ki was there too. He look visibly surprised and i also am surprised but later on i just take my seat of course after showing proper manners.


"hello"


"dae..."


"hye kyo ssi,sit this way please" the make up artist really want to upset me to no end,guess wgere she made me sit?near the person i didn't want to see the most right at this moment.


"thanks" i sit not having any choice at all.


"sorry,we have to leave for a bit"


"it's ok,go ahead" i take my phone out of my purse and look at the messages i just received,hoping that the make up artists would quicly come back and most of all that that he will keep his mouth shout just like that time...what i hope tought,never happen and he start to speak.


"...i didn't know you would come too" what do i care.


"...i see" i stop there i am a woman who tend to keep grudges quite well.


"...what about you?" i stop using my phone and finally look at him.


"song jong ki...it's been bugging me till this this morning,let's not beat around the bush,i tought you didn't want to be linked to me anymore so,what's this sudden change?" he look at me taken aback,it seems like he want to say something but can't find the right words.


"...if it's about the awards don't worry i won't say anything bad,as i know nothing happened to be treated in a bad way right? so i will just we are tired,you agree right?"


"song hye kyo..."


"what?"


"..i am sorry..." wow,this is really something.


"wow...now i really am taken by surprise,what happened to you?"


"i realized i was an idiot"


"...where? you are"


"i am sorry really"


"...ok,fine,let it be,i don't really care anymore"


"..." no wait i really want to know.


"but really why the heck did you treat me like that, that day? i don't understand why you became like that"


"...i felt suffocated,no...more like i wanted to stop making people think that we are more than friends every time and that also...stopping people from saying that i am using you..."


"using me?...did you use me?"


"of course not"


"then who did you heard it from?who said that?"


"a lot of people also as an actor i don't like thinking that the success i have right now is only due to my chemistry with you,i just can't accept that"


"who?"


"...ji sung yung" my world collapsed...he did what? also jong ki belived him? instead of me?


"more like...yung told me you felt like you where used by me and to keep a low profile from now on,so to stop more rumors to spread"


"...wow,i tought you where a friend and here we are..." i look at him again and no matter what oppa said to him,shouldn't jong ki have asked me in person?...i don't care anymore my probles are bigger than this, let's go along with him then,this time i am the one who will look at jong ki with cold eyes and that's what i do. I can see how surprised he is.


"...or you just found an easy way to make me the bad one you should get away from...mmm,maybe is hould reconsider being good and just tell everything to the press" he jump from his seat.


"hye kyo-"


"soorry for the wait,we had something going on" one of the make up artist apologized to us,i smile because i am happy she came at the right time-no,again,please...not now.


"thanks song hye kyo...by the way later ji chang wook will come too"


"o...really?-ngh" my head is hurting like hell,it makes want to scream and roll on the ground.


"song hye kyo,you became pale?are you ok?" i put extra effort to make a smile.


"no...nothing is wrong"i just hope that everything can end and i could get out of here...no...i can dio it,i can i am serious.


------------------------------


Finally she finished and at least for that moment i was relieved,now i have to get up,as i am now i have to be careful before i collapse on the ground. In the end i managed in some way and as the actress that  i am i tried my best not to let my pain show.


"song kye kyo..." he look at me quite confused and in a way even scared...my treat works...but i have no intention on making this stupid situation blow off of proportion,i will just let it be like this.


"let's get inside they ae waiting...enjoy the show dear song jong ki" i leave first to enter as they call my name,i didn't see his face but i bet he is seriously worried right now.


---------------------------


The two of us are now on the set and the both of us put on our good and happy faces.


"aigo,our song song couple, we are glad and so grateful to have the two of you here together despite your busy schedules.


"it's ok,there is nothing to worry,i am glad we are able to come here together,i think she is too...right?" he look at me a little scared as if his smile is a little odd i can tell right away.


"yes,of course i am" i smile and the pain still didn't decrease,i am olding on for dear life almost destroy my own finger.


"so,since the two of you are here,all of us are really curious why the both of you seemed so strange the day of the presidential awards?" i smile and look at jong ki...i wonder who should answer.


"song jong ki?"


"o well...i was really tired and she was too that's why." he was a little uncertain trying not too say too much so to upset me,but jong ki,i have no desire to get mad at you anymore.


"i se so you where tired,well no wonder i heard you where still filming?"


"dae"


"and you arrived just in time to the awards song hye kyo ssi"


"dae,i was really tired,bt i couldn't be absent to such an important award"


"that's right,our president was there too"


"dae" my gosh i feel like i have to throw up.


"song hye kyo ssi"


"d-dae"


"i heard you where invited to jong ki's birthday"


"o yes,i did invite her" well that's true he did invite me.


"but di you go?"


"unfortunately i couldn't and i couldn't even give him my present"


SJK POV


Present? what is she saying?


"yea,i did prepare something but since i couldn't go i decided to give it to him the day of the president awards"


"did you give it to him?" she smiled and shaked her head.


"no, i tought it would be best to give it to him in private another day"


"aigo,so you really care for him? can we consider it as something special?"


"aigo,no,he is justa friend and no matter what everyone deside i am sorry we can't be what they want,because there can't be anything between us...never" i tought she would yell and say bad things but in the end,she didn't. Well she isn't that type anyway.


"aigo what a bad thing,never say never in life song hye kyo maybe a year from now the two of you would be a couple.


"a year from now?...that's even more imossible" she said it in a lower voice that before...


"what about you song jong ki? how do you feel knowing about what she said?"


" well i am quite interested maybe one day she will give me that present" i smile and slowly look at her who is smiling at me.


"what do you say about her how is she?"


"she is..." i look at her and her beautiful feature,flawless skin and her eyes


"she is a really good friend and sunbae,she is generous and it's really a good actress,i really look up to her" she then look away from me her smile is slowly fading.


"she is a nice person"


"aigo,what amazing praize you got song hye kyo"


"omo,thanks jong ki"


"it's the truth "i reply to her.


"what do you think of him song hye kyo ssi?" she doesn't look at me at all and start to speack.


"mmm,he is a really good actor,he is diligent in his job and is nice to everyone,i can tell you he is sincere with them,i think he is a really good person,i am glad i was able to work with him-" as she speack i felt so guilty and i wonder if she said the truth. On my part everything i said it's what i really think.No matter what i did to her,i really think she is a nice person. Hu? i noticed it before but she is is playing with her finger a little too much,if she keeps on doing that she will hurt herself,what is she thinking?


------------------------------------


SHK POV


What can i do i feel faint,please someone same me. I look at my manager and nod she make a scared expression and talk to the person in charge,fortunately she understood me. They made the one to interview me know about me leaving fortunately.


"aigo i just heard you have to go away song hye kyo"


"dae..."


"i see then we will let you go,it's been a pleasure to know you in person"


"thanks it was for me too" i finally am free,i get down the set and go to my manager


"kyo,how are you!" she ask me as soon as we are out of the eyes of people.


"onnie,i feel like going crazy...it hurts so much" i feel like crying nad almost fainted


"let's go to the hospital"


"pant,pant,pant,eonnie..." as we walk toward the exit i feel my head spin in pain and i could even see the person who was around the corner and wew collided. The impact was strong for the weak me and so i fell on the groubd.


"song hye kyo!kyo!"


"o gosh sorry! are you ok?!" it was ji chang wook,he was worried and tried his best to help me,but it was no use,i couldnt focuse anymore,finally i fainted in his arms.


--------------------------


"i finished interview few minutes later than her and i rushed outside. Something is definitely wrong, i looked at kyo and she made some kind of sign i think,her manager was scared like no tomorrow i saw fear in her eyes,so i run outside and saw song hye kyo in his arms,i couldn't hear well what they where saying,i even tried to get closer but,he run away with her.What is going on here?


------------------------------------


"kyo!kyo,please say something kyo!,o no!,sob,sob,sob"


"calm down let's go to the hospital"


"arasso...wait i have to make a call" the mangaer call the doctor in charge of hye kyo.


"doctor! please she has an attack again,she was in so much pain she fainted!...we are coming right now! ok"  ji chang wook helped the girl get in the car and the manager set in with hye kyo,her head on the manager laps trying to let her stay in a layed position.


"omo sesange,kyo please" ji chang wook start the car and drive at full speed,looking back and forth to the girl who is now fainted in his car.


"sy the way,what's happening to her? why is she like that? i recall that time too,she fainted,is she sick?" the managermdidn't want to disclose the matter to him,no matter what in the end they aren't so close.


"ji chang wook ssi,thanks for your help but i think you should go back now,you have an interview"


"it's ok i will call and say i am going to be late"


"no please,you still have time,the hospital is right there,you can go" ji chang wook is not stupid felt that the manager didn't want to say the reason why she is like that,of course he is in no position to ask any further,that's why he stopped asking and just agreed to that.


"arasso,i won't ask anymore"


"...thanks,by the way,please go behind the hospital and please don't ask" as curious and suspicious as he was he just did what he was told,he can understand that she did it to avoid rumors but what made him even more curious was the fact that the doctor waiting outside was-


"hyung?" he stopped the car but had not yet understood why he was outside. His hyung open the door fast and take her outside


"guys! bring her in!fast!" his equipe took her inside the hospital soon the doctor was about to go inside when he was called


"hyung?..."


"ji chang wook?are you the one who brouth her here?"


"dae,but what,i mean why is she here? and why are you-" the doctor look at him seriously


"sorry dongsaeng,this is nothing,please go back" ji chang wook hyung had no intention of saying anything and he has no right to ask,but he is suspicious about what is happening to her. His cousing is a doctor who cure tumors and she is here brouht to him,that means...


"hyungjust tell me this,is she sick?" his hyung didn't say a word about her conditions.


"go back you have an interview right? go, i have to go back inside too,bye litle cousin" and he run inside leaving ji chang wook there.


JCW POV


I am driving back at the studio fortunately i have some time again,the make up is done too but...how can it be? song hye kyo,i always liked her as an actress and i just saw her in person for the first time some month ago. I couldn't imagine i would see again her in this kind of situation...that time i tought it was only because she was tired but now...i have a doubt...no i am afraid that she is seriously sick and it's not a curable decease...i hope i am wrong tought,i wanted to work with her in the near future.


"sigh,what the hell"  after a few minutes that i drove like mad,finally i arrived at the studio and as i was going back inside someone was waiting for me.


"...song jong ki ssi?"


"yes,i am" what is it? could he have seen her faint? but i have to keep it a secret?wait,maybe he knows about it?...no, in the doubts i better just play dumb.


"o it's pleasure to meet you"


"O for me too,glad to meet you" i hope he won't ask me anything,i better don't try my luck and just get inside.


"crom,i will have to go,inside,it was a pleasure...bye" i walk past him but he stopped me.


"wait" damn it aiss. I turn around smiling


"yes is there something wrong?"


"o,sorry but,i saw you with my friend song hye kyo" damn it! aishsi.


"o,dae, she was...there yea" he keep on asking


"i saw that she fainted..." o gosh,ok i better play my cards well,my yung will kill me and i can't have a sick person being in trouble because of me.


"fainted?,no,she stumbled,he high heel broke and she fell on me,that's why you tough she fainted" i hope he was conviced...aish,no,look at his expression,he is still suspicious.


"but i heard her manager and you screaming her name"


"of course,we where worried she hurt herself,she is an actress in the end so she need to pay attention am i wrong?"


"..is that so?" o gosh he seems to belive me now,well he may seem to still have some doubts but overall i think i was good enough to make him stop questioning me about her.


"where is she?"


"she went ,home,because they had to take something before going to her next job" fortunately i saw the interview when i was coming here,or else i would have been found out.


"arasso...thanks for your time"


"ji chang wook ssi?"


"i am here,i will come right away!...sorry song jong ki ssi,i have to go now"


"sure,go,thanks for your time"


"no problem,bye"


"bye" i turn around going my own way,i wonder why she didn't tell him,i tought they where close...o well it has nothing to do with me.


----------------------------------


SJK POV


I just talked with actor ji chang wook, maybe he is right? there is no reason for him to lie to me since everyone think that me and her are good friends,so i think that he said the truth or else he would have already told me what was going on,still...i feel unsettled for some reason.


"jong ki let's go"


"yes" i answer to my mangager. I can't help but think again about what she said in the interview,was she cincere? either way she must really hate being with me,well that's just right...why the hell am i so worried? i even feel guilty? wasn't that my choice in the first place?...but when i tought she was sick...i felt so bad,but i am sure she is just well,i pray that she really just fell before and that i am just thinking too much. I must calm down and live my life.


-------------------------------------


SHK POV


Where am i? when i wake up i am in a place i don't know and when i look around i feel despair taking my all body,i am in the hospital.


"kyo! finally you are awake,thanks,sob" my manager cried again,i feel so bad for her,because of me she is crying a lot more that i do in melodramas. She is holding my hand cring and crying again,i can't bear to see her that way.


"ya,stop crying,i am fine"


"you gijibeya! what the heck! why are you always like this? i told you not to go to the interview,you shouldn't be stressed,why don't you ever listen to me?!,sob,sniff"


"sigh,i am fine,it's my ault anyway,what can i do?" i try to force a smile and she stop crying for awhile,but tears keep on folling from her eyes.


"then get the surgery" she look at me,red eyes on her pale skin,this person who stayed with me for so many years,never leaving my side. I know she is woried about me,but my hard forced smile faded away.


"i am sorry let me think about it agan-"


"what do you want to think about damn!,why wait again? what the hell are you waiting? your conditions are getting worse! there is a possibility for you to get well but you are refusing it?!" she yell at me,but i turn around because i don't have the strenght to even talk back,about my reasons,about the fact that i don't want to die,that i am still holding on for dear life but-i am scared my life would cut short because of this operation,why did the doctor tell me that,in the first place,sigh...was it his fault'was it mine',just who should i get angry with?


"song hye kyo!"


"..." i still can't look at her,who is shaking my hand to try and grab my attention,but i am not answering to her lead...i am sorry.