chapter 9

The time for us to be together
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 9
 
 
"DING DONG"
 
 
"who is it?are you waiting for someone?" she look at her with an ngry expression and then sigh.
 
 
"do you think i would have?i didn't even want you to come here-"
 
 
"DING DONG,DING DONG,DING DON!!!"
 
 
"OK,I AM COMING! who the hell is it?"
 
 
"yea" she was about to get up when she look back at song song jong ki who was still lying in bed"
 
 
"get up,you have to go away from here as fast as you can,don't you have work to do?"
 
 
"!that's right!!"she shake her head and start to walk toward the exit of the bedroom,but then stop not even turning around.Her voice cold and serious.
 
 
"Remember,never come here with something as stupid as marriage ever again song jong ki" he stop what he was doing and look at her surprised.
 
 
"i know i won't do it,i understand-"
 
 
"no you don't,no matter what there won't be the same relationship and friendship as before,don't expect anything from.I said i would try,but i may not and maybe."
 
 
"song hye kyo,wait listen to me maybe we need to listen to hyun--DING DONG!"
 
 
"AISH!"
 
 
"song jong ki,if you want you can go by yourself."
 
 
"what?"he didn't expect this answer from her,when she told him before that she want to know the reason too,so why the sudden change?.
 
 
"i tought about it for awhile now and i came to the conclusion that...i don't care at all.What he said it's his buisness,the choice to belive his words was yours and that's all..."he looked down hopless.SOng jong ki tought he was finally one step closer to her,but he was wrong,she was more hurt than he tought.When he finally looked up he saw her already walking out the door,he followed her.
 
 
"Ji chang wook?"she ask using the intercom,after seeying who it was.
 
 
"yes,it's me,can i come inside?"he was quite strange and she was surprised.
 
 
"sure"she open the door and just at that moment,she was hugged by his strong and manly arms,all done under the eyes of song jong ki,who became shocked.
 
 
"w-what's going on?j-ji chang wook?"she didn0t expect him to be her and she didn't expect this hug of his,even more.After realizing what he did he suddenly break the hug and look at her worried.
 
 
"are you ok? is everything fine with your body?"
 
 
"yes i am...why?"she ask confused.
 
 
"really?"he looke her from head to toe as if he wanted to be sure that she is telling the truth.
 
 
"cough...she is really fine"song hye kyo and ji chang wook looked back at him at the same time.She completly forgot about song jong ki because of ji chang wook.
 
 
"...why are you here?"jong ki smile and answer his question.
 
 
"I came for the same reason as you"
 
 
"...i see"it was an awkarawd situation and song hye kyo couldn't handle both of them so she asked song jong ki to go out.
 
 
"go,you need to work,i think you already ditched enough" she said calmly.Ji chang wook,noticed that her behavior toward jong ki changed a little,it was not warm nor cold,but it was more calm,before she would snap out of it if she even heard his name,that's the reason he was quite curious.He also noticed the displeasure in song jong ki's expression and the sadness in his eyes too.
 
 
"Yes...i need to go...please take care of her"
 
 
"sure"
 
 
"bye song hye kyo"she nod and open the door for him.After she closed the door,song jong ki felt sad,something he regretted to no end.While song hye kyo collapsed on the ground with a sigh.
 
 
"SIGH!"ji chang wook was so worried and hurried to help her.
 
 
"song hye kyo,what's wrong?!"she looked back at him and laughed a little,he suddenly frowned.
 
 
"why are you laughing?"
 
 
"I am just happy to see you"his worried expression relax a bit and then sit down on the ground next to her,he then look at her side.
 
 
"If song jong ki was here,it means you know it?"she lightly smile,but it wasn0t a happy one and it made him sad.
 
 
"how do you feel?"
 
 
"sigh,well,don't worry"
 
 
"what about his situation?"
 
 
"Mmm,well after going trought being almost dead,i think this is nithing compared to it"
 
 
"...well you are right"song hye kyo suddenly turn around to look at him,as if she just realized something.
 
 
"What about you?don't you have work to do?Also how did you know i was here?" He smiled awkawarly and seeing this gesture,made him seem so cute into her eyes.
 
 
"Well i just came back to korea when i saw the news and i was really worried about you so i decided to come to you to be certaiin that you where alright.Fotunately there was no problem since it was my day off,tought i had no idea where youu where,i couldn't contact you either,since you never answered,so i could only ask your manager for help,she told me your location and i came straight here...am i a bother?"he asked.
 
 
"no,of course not,on the contrary,i am thankful to you"she smiled at him.Ji chang wook can't even start to tell her that when he heard about her marriage,his heart felt a tight pain,his head couldn't process anything,instead he tried to hold onto hope that it wasn't true at all.When he realized his strange behavious he was all about reasoning with himself,saying that he was just worried for her well being and nothing else,but when he saw her right in front of him,when she was in his arms,he understood everything,he fell in love with her,his feelings where special for her,for this strong yet fragile small woman,who stole his heart.Now he want to ask her one of the main reason he came.
 
 
Esitantly he asked her.
 
 
"s...song hye kyo...can...can i ask you something?"
 
 
"sure,go ahead"she see him scratching his head.
 
 
"...is it true about the two of you?"
 
 
"hu?"
 
 
"i mean..you and...him"
 
 
"..."she understood what he wanted to now and her expression changed,totally different from her smilyng self from awhile ago.
 
 
"of corse not...there is no way"after he heard these words from he was so happy he felt like flying,but decide to hide it.
 
 
"i see...but,he came..."
 
 
"yesterday yes"
 
 
"...he slept here?"she looked at her and frowned then he pinched his cheeck.
 
 
"don't let your head run wild,nothing hapened between us"
 
 
"o,i didn't think about that at all,ahahah,really how could i? "he shake his head,his smile so sweet trying to hide his happiness but she could see it all and couldn't happen but smile from the bottom of her heart,this guy,is seriously a medicine for her heart,still,she need to stay alert at all times,even tought she can feel his sincerity and this meant a lot to her.
 
 
"thanks for coming"he smiled at her proudly and a little embarrassed,but he was happy to hear her thanks,it was the first time he saw that expression on her face,so he was a bit surprised but in a good way.
 
 
"Did you eat?"
 
 
"HU?me?"
 
 
"who else is here other than you?"
 
 
"...mpfff,no i didn't eat at all"
 
 
"good,then come eat with me"she get up and take his hand to help him get up and then after a few steps she let his hand go.This gesture from her was enough to make his heart run wild inside his chest,he looked at their hands and hoped for this moment to never end.Unfortunatel it ended quite soon,that's why he tried unconciously to take her hand back but stopped when she turned around while he pretende to scratch his head.
 
 
"What would you like? croissant? or bread?"
 
 
"o?o...croissant"
 
 
"coffe?juice?what do you prefere?"
 
 
"coffe it's ok thanks"
 
 
"sit down,i will prepare it right away"she smile and went to the kitchen.
 
 
"o,it's ok,there is no problem,really" she chucle at his gesture and he smile tenderly looking at her smilyng face.
 
 
"So what are you thinking of doing today?"
 
 
"what do you mean?"he ask while looking at her,it seems like she is having difficulty in reaching something tought he have no idea of what she want to take,he feel like she need help.
 
 
"isn't it your day off?"he frown while watchinf her.
 
 
"o yes-do you need help?"he ask but in fact he already got up to walk towards her direction.
 
 
"no don't worry it's ok-omo!"she tought that the cup would hit her but she was wrong because a strong hand grabbed it first.She could see ji chang wook arm from the side as if in slow motion,reaching up to the cup.
 
 
"sigh,please be careful,song hye kyo ssi,what if it hit your face?"he said worriedly.
 
 
"do you need the cup?"
 
 
"to tell you the truth i need the coffe on that side,it0s a new brand i wanted you to try,but i forgot that it was up there..."she laughed awkawardly.
 
 
"i see,then why don't you bring it a little lower,where you can reach what you need?you are so small"he asked in a gentle way.She frown and ask.
 
 
"is this an insult or what?"he try to justify himself,since it wasn0t what he meant.
 
 
"No wait it's not like that,belive me"
 
 
"really?it seems to me like it's not,i am quite sensible about my height"she didn't look back at him abut wanted to keep teasing him and in the end let him notice that he need to keep distance,she look forward to his reaction,so she just smile while talking.But earing those words,he just blurted out all that he had in mind.
 
 
"you are cute the way you are! i like how short you are!she stopped what she was doing,she understood his meaning,still it made her heart skip a bit,it was different from what happened with song jong ki,even tought she have no idea,what was different.
 
 
Seeing no response from her,ji chang wook didn't know what to think anymore,so he grab her shoulder and gently turn her around to let her see for herself how sincere he is.
 
 
"really,i didn't mean anything bad about it,i really think you are cute,the cutest ever-"he stop in his track and freese after looking at her surprised expression,he realized what he said too,he pritally confessed?no,it can't be like this.THe both of them remained silent for a few seconds that seemed like it will never end.
 
 
Song hye kyo was the first to breack the silence.She smile.
 
 
"Arasso,i understand,this noona understand,so...can you please got and sit so i can prepare the coffe?"
 
 
"hu?" she move her finger,between them,to let him notice that they are too close,he look down and find out that she is pritically into his arms,their chest are so close he could feel her body,but he noticed the feeling only now...he wanted to run away,and he became red till his ears.she noticed and song hye kyo even tought she found his reaction cute,it made her feel a little hot in the face too,but she shake her head,to come back to reality,being friends with this guy is quite bad,he is too cute,not to mention that i never belived in friendship between men and women tought,what it's always called this kind of relationship is being friends,like yoo ah in,even so...she remember song jong ki and,her expression change.Song hye kyo tell herself to be on guard even with this guy.
 
 
"s-sorry,i..."he didn't know what to say so he just put distance between them and slowly turned around to sit in the chair.
 
 
She smile.
 
 
"it's ok,you are cute too donsaeng"
 
 
"hey,i am not cute"
 
 
"ahahah"she laugh lightly and go back to prepare the coffe for them.
 
 
.....................
 
 
After she prepared everything she put it on the table and sit acoss him.
 
 
"here you can eat all you want"
 
 
"wow,why are there so many?"
 
 
"well...i brought them on my way here yeasterday"
 
 
"where you going to eat all of these by yorself?aigom,i had no idea,you could be such a glutton"
 
 
"ya!do you think i can eat them all?tsk"
 
 
"mpfff,why not?maybe you secretly eat them all and in fact you just play it easy because you don't gain weight?aigoo,poor koreans women,you sure are a cheater,tsk,tsk,tsk"he and was speachless,he is usually easy to tease and she always have the upper hand,but this time it wasn't like that.
 
 
"You,i just usually eat one once in awhile,ok" he rest his head on his hand and look at her with a playful smirk.
 
 
"wow,so this is how it is"she feel quite cheated herself,where did it go the little ji chang wook,her donsaeng!
 
 
"i just...want to eat one of them,so i just choose one depending on my mood so what?" he nod and in a teasing way looking directly at her eyes,ji chang wook open his mouth and let out a sound.
 
 
"aaa"it made her feel so child-like,so she quicly take a croissant and quicly close his mouth with hit.
 
 
"hit,hit,just eat,aish"she take one herself and it while sending angry glare at him who is laughing lightly.
 
 
................
 
 
After eating she sent a message to her manager to let her know that she is fine.
 
 
"i am fine,why don't you go and have fun?you must have friends or a girlfriend"she say plainly.
 
 
"i don't"
 
 
"what?"
 
 
"a girlfriend"
 
 
"i see..."she answer not giving it much tought or else he would mistake her,while he knowling his own feelings was obviously curious about her reaction after knowing that he is still available on the market,ready to be taken,so he carefully looked at her,hoping she won't notice it.
 
 
"then friends?" song hye kyo0s answer make ji chang wook obviously come back to heart.
 
 
"it's fine i will see them later...what about you?what will you do?boyfriend?"
 
 
"no,nothing like that"
 
 
"then...what does it meant that think about marriage?"
 
 
"sigh,she stop before finally answering.
 
 
"it was the treat jong ki used for the surgery"
 
 
"what?"he was shoked.
 
 
"then what happened later,was that for some reason the fake document was leaked and after that scandals after scandals hapened"
 
 
"i see,gosh,i didn't know, a treat could be made like this"
 
 
"mee too"
 
 
"then,why was he here? and most of all,why did it seem like you two..."
 
 
"...he just don't trust me...he did something that hurtme and then he is doing all sort of things to be forgiven...even talking about marrying me for real"
 
 
"WHAT"