chapter 1

The time for us to be together

CHAPTER 1


Presidential award,song jong ki and song hye kyo went together to take their respective awards. Fans where happy to finally see their couple together again,everyone expected them to joke with each other,that jong ki would joke with her happly as he did before but instead what they got was a cold jong ki and even tought there where times when she tried to get his attention in the end their relationship seemed cold. People belived that it was due to them being tired from work but in the end that wasn't thr truth. Jong ki is indeed a really good actor but in real life he show his dislike for people quite efficently and now it seems the one he dislike his song hye kyo.


After the award,song hye kyo decided to talk with him,of course she wanted an explanation,of why he is that way towards her.


"jong ki wait" but he doesn't even turn to look at her and keeps on walking away. Song hye kyo tought decide to keep on going,since she can't understand what is happening. She is someone who want things to be clear,so if there is something wrong she want to know,since she think of him as an important person.


"wait jong ki!-" she run after him,but almost stumble,because of a sudden head ache. But she still doesn't give up and finally rech him and take his hand.


"jong ki,pant,let's talk-" he turn around,but his eyes scared her,he look at her with such cold eyes,she couldn't belive it"


"jong ki,what's wrong? it's been awhile since we saw each other and you are like this? tell me the reason?" she ask determined to have an answer from him.


"...no reason,i just am tired of being linked to you" she couldn't belive it.


"i can't be live it-" the head ache came back once again


"i can't belive it...you are not this kind of person, there must be a reason,so please"


"mpfff...there is nothing like that,now please i have to go back on set"


"..." she was about to cry,but she was used to this kind of treatment,still it hurt her everytime. Song hye kyo tought was never the clingy type,she is traight forward and always search the person to talk if there are problems and this time she did it too. She got her answer so now she must just let go.


"...arasso..." she let go of his hand and then turn around and walk away---wet eyes that still won't let a tear fall down.


"jong ki turn away again and start to walk again toward his car,but just after a few steps he stop and slowly turn to look at her back. She is sad yet walk as if nothing is wrong. In the end he just walk away.


---------------------------------


"Kyo,what happened?why was he like that? did you two fought?"


"...let's not talk about it,unnie" Song hye kyo and her people,manager and so on decided to celebrate the award she won,everyone wondered about why the two of them seemed so strange with each other but didn't dare to ask. Song hye kyo tried to hide her sadness and just eat what she ordered,still the headache from before didn't stop instead it became worse.


"song hye kyo what's whrong with you? you are so pale!" concerned said to her her long and trustworthy manager.


"it's ok...it must be because i am tired...i should go back and sleep...for now i will go and take some fresh air" she get up and head outside the door of the restaurant,but she suddenly feel dizzy.


"what the hell is happening to m-" she then collapse on  the ground,her manager who followed her,saw her falling just in front of her.


" o no! kyo! wake up! wake up! help! please someone!" she cry for help,she is even scared to leave her there on the ground.


"what happened?-" people who head came out of the restaurant,their friends and the first go there where so ji sub and ji jang wook.


"what happened?" asked so ji sub.


"i don't know! she wasn't feeling good and decided to take some fresh air,i followed her and suddenly...sob,suddenly she fell on the ground! sob,sob"


"calm down,first let's call for an ambulance" ji jang wook take his pfone and call for an ambulance while so ji sub take her in his arms so to bring her away from the road.


---------------------------------------


"song jong ki,so ji sub is waiting for us in the restaurant,he said he wanted to celebrate with you,how considerate!"


"...dae" but jong ki didn't seem all that happy and everyone noticed,in the end his manager asked what everyone wanted to know.


"jong ki,what happened with song hye kyo?" he didn't answer for a few seconds.


"...nothing...i was just tired...of being linked with her"


"what? but you where so happy to be with her, what happened?"


"...just let's go,i am angry-" suddenly they see a big crowd of people gathering in the middle of the road,they then saw so ji sub that was bringing a girl in his his arms.


"wha happened?" asked his manager.


"i don't know" someone of their group answered.


"o!,isn't that so ji sub?yea,that's him!...but,who is the girl he is carring?"


"i can't see from here" answer jong ki,when suddenly they see song hye kyo's manager following so ji sub,crying desperately.


"what the heck-" the manager couldn't even finish his sentence when he saw jong ki running there. The ambulance arrived just that moment and finally they where able to arrive just in time to watch as they took her inside the ambulance,pale face laying down that little bed completly passed out,jong ki's eyes wide open.


"who is her guardian?" asked one of the paramedics.


"sniff.i-i-i am" answer her manager,so they let her insided too.The ambulance finally start to move and they head to the nearest hospital.


"ji sub,so ji sub!"jong ki's manager asked.


"don't know,we heard someone crying for help and so we went to see who it was,and that's when we saw her lying on the road completly passed out,no matter what we did...she wouldn't wake up,also..."


"also?"


"she was really cold" ji sub answered as jong ki couldn't utter a word.


"omo sesange!"


"where is the hospital?" asked jong ki


"i think it's aesang hospital" jong ki took the key and run to the car


"where are you going?"


"i will come back,soon"


"going to see her?"


"...no, she would have probably passed out due to having drunk too much"


"what?" asked schoked his friend kwansoo.


---------------------------------


Jong ki is in his car and just decided to follow the ambulance,but didn't enter in the hospital,he just went away.


--------------------


The next day,song hye kyo finally woke up.


"omo,kyo,finally i was so worried!"


"what happened"


"you fainted!"


"what,ho-" her head started to hurt again and just at that moment the doctor entered the room


"doctor!"


"does your head hurt?"


"dae"


"...i see...song hye kyo ssi,i have to talk to you"


"sure"


They go in his office.


"so?"


"...i don't have good news"


"what do you mean doctor?"asked her manager. All sad the doctor answered.


"you have a bad deseasema tumor"


"w-what?"


"dae,i am sorry"


"a-it's a joke ight? i mean"


"there is something else"


"what again?"


"the tumor is position in a dangerous part of your brain and the head ache are also because it's putting pressure to your eyes,this means that,there is the possibility of becoming blind too"


"omo,sesange! no!,it's not true!what are you saying!" the manager scream to the doctor face


"kyo,dear,say something" but song hye kyo is speachless not even tears can come out.


"...so...can i get surgery?"


"...yes,but since it's in the brain you should know that it's really a difficult operation,you could end up dying just after a few days..."


"...what if i don't get the surgery...how much do i have left?"


"5 month at least...you must decide now,with the operation you have the possibility to recover as soon as the operation is done if everything go the right way but if something went wrong...as i said before you-"


"i understand...let me think about it,first"


"kyo-...doctor isn't there any medicine something we can give her?"


"...the chemio for now is the best to fight it and we can give her of course medicine related to that. But remember not to stress your body too much. Dramas and so on,must be avoided,you need as much rest as possible"


"but it's my work,i can't leave like that-"


"what the hell are you saying! if you don't do this then you really won't be able to work anymore!...doctor,we will do as you say"


"good...by the way,the headache might become stronger so,when it become unberable,come back here"


"...arasso..." she get up and the manager too,but before going away she stop and look the doctor in the eyes


"doctor,what will you do in my shoes?"


"...the surgery,i think you should get it,even if it's dangerous,in todays times fewer people die because of it"


"bu they still die"


"...dangerous?that's sure is,as an operation is really difficult but,we have the best team here and the doctor in charge is the best of the best,at least for that,i think you should know everything,but in the end the decision is your.Just be quick before it get too big"


"...thanks doctor...bye" she get out of there unfocused on the road ahead of her. She could only think about her life and what the doctor said.


Some time later she is back to her villa,she wanted to be alone,no matter what her manager said she wouldn't allow it.She sat on the couch of her living room and looked around in silence.


"...tsk...mpfff,ahahah... what a joke,boya? am i still in that drama? the winder that wind blow?,ahahah..." she then bury her face in her hands.


"sniff,sob,sob,sob...but this is reality...THIS IS REALITY!" se started to cry uncontrollably,no matter how much she tried to think it was all a bad dream in the it was the truth,she would never wake up.


----------------------------------


SJK POV


Yesterday,i went together with her,song hye kyo,to the presidential awards. I acted just to take on apperance but in the end,i am not a person who can fake in the real life. I avoided her. When everything was over she came running to me asking what was wrong i plainly acted like a jerk and she went away. She is a smart woman and isn't the clingy type i am glad for that,even tought in a way it pained me seeing her face so sad,she left and i left too.


Later that night i went with my crew to celebrate the award,there we saw a big crowd in the middle of the road. I then saw so ji sub sunbae and he was carring song hye kyo,i run to see what happened and she was laying in her stretcher,she wasn't moving at all was so pale. AAt that moment i felt a pung of guilt in chest...i admit it i was worried but i make that tought run away from my head. After the ambulance came i just followed them with my car,i knew what hospital was,but in the end i didn't go to see how she was doing...i went away. After that day i never saw her again,i just heard it was because of fatigue and that she was already fine,taking some rest. My life went on as usual,i kept on filming the movie and another month passed. Sometimes,just sometimes i just remember her,the time we wehre together, at first it was good,i looked up a lot to her,she is someone that no matter what i do,it doesn't seem like i can reach her. With time i felt myself drawn to her too much,leaning on her,that's a no,for me as an actor, i can't let myself be swayed by things like that,even the fact of us being a couple,at first it was good,but with time i felt to invested in it,i didn't like that my notoriety was also and foremost because of our chemistry,because of her. I wanted,to breack free,before i could no longer leave her side.


"song jong ki,wait here i am going to reception"


"dae" i came with my collegue to the hospital, he was hurt becasue of a fight scene so we came here o the hospital and now i am waiting for him,when suddenly i saw her song hye kyo,she just entered the hospital and smiled awkawardly to the doctor who was waiting for her,he patted her head too.


"...boya,so in the end she found herself a boyfriend" but as i looked at them,something was stuck in my head,i think i saw that man somewhere. Curiosity took over my body and i decided to follow them,since they arrived to the section of the hospital i couldn't understand the reason why. A nurse stopped me and i lost them.


"sorry,are you a patient?"


"eem,no i was..."


"then are you here for a visit?"


"...no,well...sorry but what part of the hospital is this?"


"o,you don't know? this is where people are treated for tumors and problems regarded my that"


"...what?...tumor?"


"dae" i was speachless, don't tell me that she is sick?...now that i think about it,the day of the award she had some head ache,could it be that she-


"no it can't be her,i must have seen it wrong" i look at the nurse,because i wanted to make sure,just in case if it was her or not.


"sorry...do you pheraps..." but then i stopped i don't think it's good for me to make a person we don't know spread rumors around,i could even be mistaken...yes.


"no...nothing...thanks for everything"


"your welcome"


I went away from there in a bad state,thinking that she could be sick when i treated her in such a bad way, i really was a stupid idiot...no,i can't be like this,she might not be the one i saw back then...


"no...i must have seen it wrong"


---------------------------------


At the same time in the doctor's office.


"so,how are you feeling?"


"the head ache,are,becoming more frequent"


"i see...have you decided yet?" she make a sad face


"doctor...i didn't yet,i want to think it over more"


"...i understand,but you should make the decision as fast as possible"


"i know...doctor...i have to go now"


"song hye kyo...the chemyo,you should come and get treated"


"...later...i will"


SHK POV


I am now walking outside the hospital,still thinking just of what i should do,take it easy,just don't rush it...


"don't rush it...i am in...such a state,i am becoming each day more tired" i look at my hands then and then touch my hair...once i will get the chemyo they will start to fall and i will become bald ahahah...what the check.


"they will grow back again...i will be fine..."


"song jong ki,wait for me!" i heard his name and my body moved on his own...at that same moment he turned around too and our eyes met,i was surprised as hell just like he was, he wasn't cold but more like shocked to see me...well of course,maybe he will be thinking i am following him. Jong ki,is the last person i wanted to see, i hope i will never see him again. I better go away.


"omo! isn't that song hye kyo?" i heard his friend saying my name and i turn around to walk away.


"song hye kyo...song hye kyo wait!" it's his voice i can tell for sure,but i am not going to asnwer him,i will walk away just like he did to me,but my resolve didn't mean anything because he grabbed my waist and made me face him.


"pant,pant,pant...song hye kyo"


"...what is it?"


"why,why are you here?" what now? what's with all this sudden interest...aaa,maybe because he hate to see me so much.


"o,that,nothing much" he then look at me.


"are you...feeling unwell?" what's this? could he know about me?...no,it's impossible. I put a smile on my face


"wae? do you want me to be sick?"


"don't be stupid! don't even joke about it!"


"omo! this is a surprise,ahahah,are you worried about me?wae?" why is he looking at me like that? why? i don't like it. My smile faded away,i can't fake it anymore i don't have the heart to do so right now.


"if that's all,i have to go now,bye" i turn around but again he...stop me


"wait!"


"...what do you want?"


"you are you really ok?" tsk,this makes me laugh.


"sigh,just why are you asking this?..."


"just tell me...i saw you,going to the tumor department alone so i..." damn it,what do i do?...wait...i wonder...what will he say when he knows i am about to...


"...aigo,you found me out" i put a smile on


"i am...about to die"


"w-w-what?..." look there why is he so worried now? feeling guilty? pity me?...disgusting


"a-a-are you saying the truth?"


"...are you an idiot?"


"hu?"


"of course not, i am just fine"


"but you,before"


"it's for my next role and also i know that doctor, i am the guardian of a girl i took under my care when i was doing my role in the winter the wind blow,she is fine now but,from time to time i ask him how she is doing since i can't see her all the time."


"...really?"


"...dae..." he then let me go and make a sound of relief


"sigh,what a good news" wow,he really is an amazing actor,faking it till this point,what an amazing


"why? where you worried?"


"what do you i am worried for?-"


"you treated me like i was a stupid idiot that time so,no i don't know the reason you seem so worried" he is taken back that's normal for sure.


"...yea,about that time i-"


Damn it,my head ache,i have to get away soon.


"anyway,wathever i don't really care,being this way it's quite alright for me too,let's not see each other again,bye" i run to my car and enter inside it. Damn it i can't even stand it,what the hell,this pain...is making me crazy.