Dexterous

Gone with the Lust


 


 


 

Was that really your mom?” he asked.


 

Was that really you?” I replied.


 


 

I still couldn't believe on how he acted earlier. We already got ourselves out the building, but I still couldn't move on about what happened. Jungkook just transformed into something I didn't know yet. “Did I look cool?” He grinned as he patted my head softly. Actually, no. Despite of us being together, I still couldn't get the fact that he acted as if he was that manipulative and clever. Perhaps, he really was. Compared to him, he might not been the brightest student in his class during the schooling days, and I might be one of the top who aced academics, but on that note, I'm not that skilled to remember each of the details in the environment and society, unlike him.
“I was damn nervous in front of your mom, but I couldn't just let you go in hands of a guy you don't like, so, I did my best, I guess. Let's be thankful Hayoon knows we're together.”

Indeed, if Hayoon wasn't the cause of our fights, I probably be residing at the hotel, and settle things with her, not with him. Still, I never thought he would bring her as evidence. I forgot everything about her, even our fight.

But hey Chaewon, I was also shocked you yelled at your mom! You were disrespecting her!”

I still have my formality in every sentence I utter.”

Still it looked like you were scolding her. You're the worst.”

I was just shocked and I was fuming earlier, that I thought I would spit fire. What more if she restricted me to go out with you, I might-” he glared at me dead serious, waiting for me to continue my answer. “I might- be kind and donate to charities.” I let out a forceful laugh. “To where are we heading? It's only two.”

Depends on you.”

I don't know, anywhere. Where both of us can relax.”

I thought we are going to arcade? You forgot?” right. “Or you intentionally forget it, to forget the bet as well.”

I just forgot. But- It's a bit stressful, I want to relax. Can we? Just this time, and just the two of us.”


 

Ah, I know somewhere.”


 


 

Jungkook called a taxi, and in just seconds, someone already drove and stopped in front of us. I didn't know what he uttered but I heard that it was a school. No, he didn't say it was the School of performing arts. It was like, some kind of middle-high school thing.

I wanted to stay in the warm car, but in just a minute, we were already there. I was looking out to the playground and park in front of that school. There were a lot of kids playing. I haven't experienced much of those before, because of Hayoon and Woojin. They kept on giving me gameboy cartridges, playstation dvds, which I admit, I enjoyed. I also found delight on my childhood by playing with Hayoon through toy cars. I once pretended that there was a handsome guy riding in Woojin's car after I sneaked and stole it while he was not around. Using Hayoon's doll, Hayoon would be muttering things like: “My boyfriend is here!” and present her doll in front of the toy car, but I was damn savage, so instead of stopping the car in front of her, I would hit it many times, going back and forth till the hair was wrapped in the wheels. Hayoon cried once because of it, and she kept on cutting the dolls' hair short for the hair not to wrap around the wheels anymore. Childhood wasn't that special, and was just simple, for me, I guess.

You want to go there?” Jungkook neared and snapped me out of nostalgia. I realized that he was already outside the taxi, and the driver was smiling at us. I stumbled upon going outside the door, but Jungkook aided me quickly as I tripped. “Baby, it's just a playground, haven't gone to one before?”

I have been to one before! I just want to sit on a swing.”


 

Jungkook kept on patting my head, and I somehow hate it. He was treating me like a child, but even so, I found it cute. He stopped for a moment to let me walk first, and in a sudden, I heard his footsteps stomping fast, and felt his hug on my back. I felt his breath beside me after telling me that it was cold.

The winter wasn't fading, but the snowing somehow halted for a while. The freezing breeze was still here, but I didn't bother; he was giving me warmth. We watched the kids play as if those were our children. The swing was few feet away from the slides and seesaws, so the best thing you could do was to watch the children having fun. It fluttered my heart. Jungkook grasped my hands tightly as we both swing ourselves forward, backward, continuously. I noticed that my feet was hovering even when I sit, while his feet wasn't. He was too big for the swing that his feet stayed on the ground. “You're not enjoying, I bet.” I chuckled.

I'd enjoy everything, because you're here, so shut the hell up and swing.” I avoided my gaze and somewhat sulked.

I would really like this day to be fun, but a group of students seemed to watch us from far. I kept on staring at them, but Jungkook elbowed me to stop looking. Until, in just few minutes, someone approached us shyly. It was a guy. Jungkook smiled and his eyes glittered for he thought it was a fanboy. “A FANBOY!!”

Please help us!” The guy in the mid sixteen bowed in front of us, and Jungkook tilted his head slightly right, wondering what could be the reason why he was asking for help. As far as I can guess, he must be a student from the school in front of this playground. “I don't want to ruin your date with manager nim, and Jungkook I really adore you. I saw you live and you're really my inspiration to continue my dreams-” He's speaking way too fast. “But I hope that you can help us please!” He bowed once again.

W-with what?” I asked.

WITH OUR BOOTH!”


 


 

Jungkook and I went here in the first place, because a fan told him that they would be having a school festival, and for a date, he wanted me to come. I never thought even here, ARMYs would notice our hidden presence.

I kept on insisting rejection on the student's offer to avoid such scandals, but Jungkook was persistent to accept that offer. He kept on saying that it would be fun, no it wouldn't be fun. He was acting like a child now. Games really hype him off. “This wasn't a game, Jungkook. It was a booth.”

I know, but a marriage booth is fun as well!” That's what I'm not comfortable with!

AND OUR PICTURES WOULD BE CIRCULATING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, CAN YOU- STOP.” He tried to act up some cute lines like 'I dreamed about ghost', that well, became my weakness, but I WOULDN'T BE TEMPTED. I SHOULDN'T BE.

I dialed Manager Sejin's number, but it was unattended, so I called Bang PD-nim instead. Bang Sihyuk is really an awesome guy. He's frank about things you're wrong, but recognize your talent if you did something amazing. This might be the reason why the members are close to him up till now.

Ringing, I waited, and moments later, he answered. “Yes Chaewon?”

I would like to ask if I could permit Jungkook and I to act like a model in one of a school, here at Incheon? We were dragged by students and an ARMY begged us to participate their festival, where there are booths, and such. Their booth was a flop I guess.” It was basically a marriage booth, and they need us as models.

It really depends on you. You're the manager!” Bang PD nim laughed. “The rule of thumb is, if it can harm reputation of ARMYs and BTS, then don't do it. If it can promote BTS, and boost company's and fandom's morale, then do it. I suggest you to do it, since one of the students is an ARMY.” I failed to convince him either.

Thank you sir.”

Yes, and don't forget your report next week.” The report, right. The statistics about ARMYs suggestions.

I will, thank you.” I gulped as I ended the call.


 


 

I sighed in disappointment knowing that I won't get away with this modelling, but snorted after seeing him acting up like a meme once again, grinning playfully at me, as if he barged into someone's account and post some meme pictures in it. Jungkook knew the answer to his questions if we should continue participating in this type of booth-sort-of-game, or not. So, he hurriedly wore the suit and arranged his tie. The students, probably and obviously ARMYs, were shyly squealing on how good he looked, yes that's my guy, but stay in your lane, girls.

My heart wanted to scream on how perfect he was, but I just kept calm, and sighed nervously as I went back to my tent to wear the gown. It was darn cold to wear something like this, and I think this idea was ridiculous, but if it's Jungkook, and if that would make him happy, why not?

We proceeded inside the white tent they were talking about, and it was warmer than outside. Although, it was still cold, at least, the temperature somehow rose even a bit.

It was a bit odd for me to wear this gown inside a tent, for weddings are formal events, THAT SHOULDN'T BE HELD INSIDE THIS CAMPING LIKE SITE, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE THINKING.
It wasn't yet starting, but I already feel drained! I didn't know the preparation would be this tedious, and I feel like I don't want to wed. I felt exhausted after wearing everything from veil, to gown, down to heels. I tried to ask everyone to where they got this gown, and the attire Jungkook wore, and a student raised his hand. “My grandmother owns a renting shop where people rents gowns for a month or so.”

She let you rent this expensive thing?” I closed my eyes for them to fix the shadows.

This is a school festival where exemption from exam and money will be the award for five winners who wasted a lot of efforts from participating. This is the reason why we need your help because everyone is ahead of us.” The guy frowned as he adjusted his eyeglasses. It was a silence, they were too desperate to win. As the faint rusty smell lingered, I sighed everything off.

But school isn't a race.” I whispered, and stared deeply at his eyes. He was the leader, I guess. “Society might judge you, and like force you to do things, or step on you,-- but who cares, it is the path you should trace, not theirs. This is a festival. Festivals are made for people to enjoy, right?”

I wasn't expecting them to reply, but they bowed down at me, and finally drew a smile to their faces. I couldn't do much about them, but at least I should inspire them the way BTS do to others, not by means of music, but by means of words I could possibly convey. “I think the most important thing in life is, to enjoy what you do. Especially if it's ethical, and you help other people out, even if it's from simple picking what they accidentally fall, to you giving advice, to lessons-

You said that exemptions from exams would be the reward? It will turn into a domino effect if you all keep on worrying about winning! Imagine if you fail this booth after exerting lots of efforts, imagine what will you do during the exam? Writing the answers dissatisfied wouldn't help at all. Thing is, you might fail your exam as well. If you guys enjoy everything today, before taking your exams you would feel refreshed and contented! It's the positive side that you all need to focus!” I stood up after the make up artist brought her pencils down.

All we need to do is to work hard while having fun! Right?”


 

 


 


 

I stormed out of the room after saying those. My mind would shut down if I continue to cheer them up. I wasn't that good in advising. I really .

The parents, including the children, was dumbstruck after I walked outside the tent. Who wouldn't be shocked to see a girl wearing a wedding dress in a school, like out of nowhere, you would see someone wearing a freaking gown? Who cares though? I feel like I was promoting the booth as well, just by wearing these. I grasped my gown as I stepped, but a little girl in light blue dress blocked me. She was eating a lollipop. Her hair was cutely tied, and I think I saw her somewhere? I sat down for a moment to talk to her, for I found it strange because she kept on staring at me. “What brings you here, cutie?” I caressed her soft hair as she went near. “To be honest, I think I saw you before.”


 


 


 


 


 

Me too.” She whispered. “Are you the princess of my bunny?”

W-what?” I tittered.

She eyed me, observing every detail I have in my face and that made me red. “I have a friend, he's a bunny. He was dangerous, he bit me once after I bought him and it bled. Someone told me that maybe he loves me, but I think he didn't.” I think I'm the one who told her that. Is she the girl I saw back then?


 

W-where is your mom?”

Mr. Bunny doesn't love me. He loves a bunny, too. That's what my mom said. But he's alone when I bought him, how come he has a girlfriend?” She was about to cry...

I think Mister bunny saw someone that piqued his interest.” I smiled at her, but she preserved his blank face.


 


 

Are you Miss bunny?”


 


 


 


 

Poor thing, I don't know what to answer. I want to say that would be impossible, because humans are different from those mammals, and it's impossible for me to grow white furs all over my body.
“How did- you say so?”

Mister Bunny is alone!” Her eyes sparkled. “Maybe you transformed into a princess. Maybe you're really a bunny! And mister bunny is really a prince! Maybe both of you have powers to transform into humans! Bring me mister bunny!” I want to bring Jungkook, but in a sudden, I saw a hand wrapped on her arms. I looked up to see who it was and it turned out it was her mom, once again.
“OH, YOU'RE EMBARRASSING ME, HONEY.” Her mom reprimanded her. “I'm really sorry for her, miss, she's very talkative.” I slightly bowed my head. “Wait, did we meet somewhere... before?”

Oh, uh, yes, I'm the one with the black pencil skirt who, apparently, tried to save the bunny she bought from hoping beside the street.” I let out a nervous and awkward laugh.

Oh! I remember now! Anyway, right after we got home, my daughter kept on saying you look like a princess.” Oh gosh, this is getting more awkward.


 


 

I raised my hand to ask something, but I don't really know why I felt the urge to raise my hand. “Um, by the way, ma'am, can I ask, what happened to the bunny she's taking care of?”


 


 

Oh, that,


 


 


 

-he left our house.”


 



 

Many students were taking a photo of me, some of them has fansite cameras which made me extremely intimidated. They squealed at me as if I was a member of an idol group, but I don't have time to tell the whole story of how we got here, so I went inside a random tent to hide, and as I smelled a familiar scent, I already knew from who it was coming.


 

As expected.


 

The guys were staring at me, shocked to see I was already done preparing. Their jaw fell as I moved closer, but my focus wasn't on myself this time. It was the guy at the center of those students.


 

He was wearing just a normal formal wedding attire, yet it fitted well to him. It was like his suit was made for him to wear. Everything sparkled everywhere and all eyes seemed to be glittering. Some were screaming, but my hearing sense gradually stopped until everything I see, was him, everything I hear was his voice, everything I smell was his scent, even though he was few meters away from me, his magical effect was acting up inside me once again. The butterflies played in my stomach as I walked near to him, and as I stood up beside him, he didn't speak, and instead, he just looked down on me, gulping. I wanted to touch his parted hair, I wanted to touch his face, I wanted to hug him.


 

You look beautiful in that dress.” He whispered, and my lungs constricted. I think I was sweating.
“If only you know how much I want to kiss you right now.”


 

I could hear my pulse beating extremely fast.

You also look good.” I said. I couldn't glance back at his eyes, but instead, I found myself staring over a damn plug. I was trying to see sparks on it. He was distracting me, the art was distracting me. You look damn good.” I whispered softly.


 

LET'S START.” The photographer hopped over the wires.


 

Jungkook held my hands as tight as he could, so I heard something cracked. Obviously it was my fingers. I forced myself to smile as he drew his attention on me. “SORRY!”

It's okay.” He giggled like a baby, as we ran on the set.

Staring at those shining lenses of cameras, bothered me so much that I couldn't even think properly on how to pose. Jungkook could ace it in one shot, but in my case, I couldn't. “Please smile Miss Nam!”

I'm trying!!!!”


 

Jungkook pulled my waist and in shock, I chuckled in absurdity, and after that, lights flashes everywhere. “I'm afraid your hair would shed again, because you look stressed by these cameras.” The lights were flashing without me realizing those. “I won't forget on how you approached me for a disease I will never have.”

Gosh, why are you like this? Stop bringing it up!”


 

MISS NAM IS SMILING! CAPTURE EVERYTHING!”

I'M NOT SMILING!”


 

Stop denying it, baby. You look good when you smile, honestly.” He winked.

That seriously boosted up my confidence.

He patted my head and grinned at the camera in return as my heart was full of rainbows, as my stomach fluttered, and as my lungs continue to tighten, making my breathing hard. I saw him smiling at me, and I want to look at him in the eyes, once again, but as I tried to, he shifts his glances. It was magical to stand beside him wearing these. I really felt like this was a wedding pictorial. He's ethereal, a person you dreamed of.


 


 

Minutes have passed as we settled down. They thanked us for helping and they were smiling as they cleaned every mess inside the tent. Jungkook and I, helped them to fix the wires after we were done changing clothes, pick up the pieces of paper, and most of all, review all of the photos they need to use for flyers and such. I went to college with a computer course, so I have the basic knowledge of the angles, contrasts, saturations, and more, used with different programs like photoshop, and as a manager of BTS, I need to pick photos, only with Jungkook looking fine, but after reviewing, everything was perfect, so we have decided to delete nothing. I think we've reviewed it for twenty minutes. It was like a collaboration. Everything was fun! But I have to admit that it's because he was there.
Jungkook didn't want to let go of my hand as we sit as well, and it made me uncomfortable. I heard BTS's Miss Right was playing all over the school, and that made me happy that I almost yelled. “MISS RIGHT IS PLAYING! IT'S YOUR VOICE! OH MY GOD NAMJOON! Y MIND Y BODY!”

It's not like it's unusual to hear our song. Why the hell you're screaming like a fan?” All the students went out so there were only us inside the room. I kept on screaming Namjoon's name, until it came into a halt. “Miss Right is one of my favorite song of BTS, you .”


 

Do you want me to sing it?”

I paused and think about it. I really want him to sing it, but never mind.


 

Yes you're my only girl~” He started and my body went stiff and tense. His voice made me frozen in awe.


 

Neoneun naege choego~” I sang shyly. It was a whisper, but that made him surprised, so he winked.

neoui harureul algo shipeo, neoui hansumi doego shipeo, yes you're my only girl, neoneun naege choego~

Yeonghwa sogeseona isseul geotman gatdeon geu saram~”

Okay, let's stop right here.”

Why?”

You're killing me. “Nothing.”

Are you having flutters because of my voice?” He smirked. I want him to sing on our wedding, but he it's impossible, knowing that he would be the groom.
Seconds after pausing, he bit his lower lip, and went near to my face to the point that our nose almost bumped onto each other, as soon as he stared deeply into my eyes, he smacked me with a powerful and sweet kiss. “What was that?”

Wanna walk together?” He just sang his line right after he kissed me what the ?

Why are you like this?” I giggled and pinched his cheeks, til I noticed his scar one again.


 

I stopped, and his eyes widened. With my index finger, I ran through and touched it. “Ah, this? I got this when my me and my brother fight for computer, so it's nothing special.”

I'll be thanking your brother then.”

Why?”


 

It added perfection to your face.


 

I didn't reply, but instead I just grinned at him mischievously. “Wow, Chaewon is weird, Hyemi. Chaewon is weird.” He muttered as he glanced up the tent. But I love her weirdness.”

Stop being cheesy, we need to get going.”


 

To where?”


 

I grabbed his hands and stormed out of the tent. The noise became audible once we got outside, and the sunlight beamed onto us. Earlier, the atmosphere was dull, and the clouds were compressed, forming huge and dark one. Now it was different. The loud noise of laughters, songs, and bells, can be heard all over the place. It was already four, and the sun was somehow beaming its farewell rays to us.

People, lots of them, knew that the guy beside me was Jungkook, but they were too shy to go near. All they do was to scream, whisper, or run. Others were taking pictures, but others were dumbstruck, forgetting they have to take one.


 


 

We've noticed a guy, distributing fliers from far. He was wearing a traditional warrior suit, and he was like, promoting some game, so I thought it would be nice if we try it. I let go of Jungkook's hand, and he turned his stares on mine after I did. I ran across the crowd of students and approached the guy wearing a Korean traditional knight suit. “Excuse me, what is that about?” I asked, and he flinched to see Jungkook's person in front of him. I understand what he feels.

I-It's an archery game where you will be given set of arrows with a wet, red colored painted sponge on top of it that you will use to strike the enemy!” He began to walk so we followed him without knowing.

So, it will be like, if an arrow hits the opponent, it will draw a mark on it?”

Yes that's right, Mr. Jungkook! The rules are simple:

One, if you shoot an arrow to someone on his or her head, his/her number will be called, which means the player is already dead.” I was right that he was already bringing us to the field. We were not even yet joining. He was luring us. “Second, if player one shoots player two three times on his/her upper body, player two will be automatically dead.”

Lower body?” I asked as we already fell in line. Jungkook seemed not to notice that we were already falling in line.

Lower body, including legs, feet, or , would be equivalent to 0.5 points. If the player shot the opponent six times on his lower body, the opponent dies..”

So, all in all, I need to shoot an arrow once on opponent's head, thrice on its upper body, and six times on its lower body?”

Exactly! There would be knights watching your fight. They are the ones who will record each and everyone's scores, so good luck with you Jungkook-nim!”

How about me?” I asked and raised my left eyebrow up.

You're participating?!”


 

OF COURSE, BECAUSE I'M FALLING IN LINE? “This isn't one versus one right?”

Indeed. It's five versus five. The members will be picked randomly. And-- I guess, both of you are going to be the first member.”

What does it mean?”

The leaders.”

And that means, we're going to be in different groups?”

Yes, Jungkook will be your opponent.”


 

A sudden rush of anxiety pumped inside me as if I was going to ride a roller coaster. Jungkook maintained his blank face, and he was ing collected, while I was sweating. Minutes passed as we separated our ways. Jungkook bid his farewell and winked as he went to their base.


 

This game was held in their track and field. The field was filled with obstacles such as chairs, fake walls made of flipped tables, and, basically everything was benches, tables, and cupboards disguised as trees and walls. It was a creative thing to see. I heard this was the project proposed by the school president, and the principal accept the proposal, for it could draw attention on public. Way of advertising, see?


 

I wasn't used being alone without Jungkook, and it made me uncomfortable knowing that he would be my opponent. I grasped my bow and tried to practice hitting. It was hard, at first, but I got used to it easily. Perhaps, because I used to play a lot of archer characters on some online games I've played during my teenage years.

The arrowheads have these circle red small sponge on its end. Curiosity peaked, I tried to hit the flier that the student gave, and it really drew a red circle splatter on it.


 


 

I've waited for like fifteen minutes til the members of my group were already completed. All of them were girls. I was expecting I would be surrounded by guys, but I was mistaken. The guy told me that I would be the leader of the team, and that we need to prepare because the game would start in just a minute. I sighed deeply. This wasn't in our plans. Seemed like our plan of playing on arcades would be simulated in reality.

Meeting new girls stressed me more. I wasn't that extroverted type of person, so meetings like this really stresses me out, but I couldn't say my withdrawn self wasn't improving. BTS taught me a lot of things and it was to be in the flow of society to meet new people and to make friends.

Hello.” They replied back by bowing as well. “Please make my boyfriend shook.” I said, and the girls giggled.

I heard the opponent side has guys as their members. So it's a fight between girls and boys. We need to win.” The girl wearing the 02 suit said. I was too nervous to smile. “This is not an exam, but it feels like it.”

Yeah, I guess we need to prove something.” Girl wearing 04 replied.


 


 


 


“Today, marks the last game of this event! From the red team, we have BTS Jungkook and s! Well not literally BTS members, but his members from this game.” I heard everyone screamed because of it. Even the girls beside me.

I'm glad our bows are not those bows used in olympics. This is very handy.” The girl wearing 01 chuckled as we went closer the gate.

What the heck, of course we would be using normal bows.” 03 raised her eyebrows.

From the blue team, we have BTS's manager, Nam Chaewon, leading her squad!” Yeah, of course screams came from guys, most of it.

We went inside the field, and the air blew us hard. It was a dusty wind, and it led me to a thought that this bow hunting might be hard for us, because we didn't wear glasses for dust protection. In a sudden, I heard the whistle, perhaps a signal that the game has officially started. As we charged forward, I saw that there were LCD screens outside, playing the view coming from the rooftop of the school. The building was near, so the rooftop would be a great view to capture our moves and to where we are heading. The LCD screens were big, but not enough to see if the guys already made a move. It was only exclusive for audience.

We wrapped our blue bandanas on our heads, as the color symbolizes our team, and ran across the dusty field. Quietly, all of us have decided to do separate hunting. I warned them about Jungkook, and on how competitive he is on games. I told them to run whenever they saw him from far. Prevention is better than cure.


 

As the wind swooshes all over the place, I realized I'm all alone now, and that made me more nervous. I wanted to hide, let my comrades do the job and wait them to kill the four opponents, but Jungkook would be disappointed if I was just going laid my back here and watch them kill.

Archers do not have to charge their way on the base of the opponent, so I knew this was a bad idea. I silently hid, breathing became shallow.

Someone was coming as I shift behind the cupboard. I almost tripped, but I managed to survive. I still have no red splash on my shirt.

That someone wasn't a girl. Most of us were panicking, and scared every step we took, and that footstep was way different. It was a member of the red team. They already made a move to conquer our base, even though the base didn't matter. I took a deep breath as I heard footsteps gradually becoming audible. With that, I waited for his shoe to show up. It's getting closer and closer.

Was it Jungkook?


 

I stretched my bow with the arrow on it, and prepared to surprise him with an attack. My sweat dripped from my forehead, down to my cheeks as the adrenaline kept on rushing. I kept on gulping, until someone screamed!


 

It was a voice of a girl!


 

Is it from audience?


 


 

No?


 

BLUE TEAM MEMBER 03 RECEIVED A HEADSHOT FROM JEON JUNGKOOK. Rules applied, she's dead.”


 

WE LOST ONE MEMBER ALREADY? THAT FAST?!


 

I moved back for a moment, and tripped. I almost felt my ankle cracked, and I felt a shooting pain rushed through my nerves. My foot was already pulsating. I bit my lower lip, shaking as I stretched the bowstring further until finally I heard a voice.

We killed one?! NICE SHOT!” I was right. It was a guy.
The bow was a bit long for me to hide it, but I would do my best for him not to see.
One step he moved. I could hear him breathing. The wind stopped. He basically didn't know I was hiding.

I looked up to anticipate his arrival, but as my peripheral vision saw his converse shoes, I swiftly slid my right foot on his knees, kicking him off. I heard everyone from the audience gasped. He was open, everything was open for shooting. The knight scorer saw what I did, as the guy groaned in pain.
He tripped over, and lost sight of his bow. The opportunity came so I kicked his hands off from his weapon, and threw it far from him. I quickly stretched the bowstring, stepping on his hand.

Move and I'll injure what I'm stepping right now.” I whispered. I wouldn't do it of course, I hate violence. I just- want him to be intimidated somehow.


 

I stared at him with my blank face, he showed terror, and right after he made a sound, I released the arrow that was longing for its first victim. Splash of paint drew on the back of his head, the arrow sounded, and right after I shot, I stole his five arrows for reload.

RED TEAM MEMBER 01 RECEIVED A HEADSHOT FROM NAM CHAEWON. He's fast dead.” The guy I hit snorted. I bowed, and apologize, but he just ignored me.


 


 


 


 

Blue team member 01 received a headshot from red team's 02! Blue team member 02 received three fatal shots from Jeon Jungkook and is now dead. That left Blue team, Nam Chaewon, and member 04.”


 

THE HECK IS HAPPENING?


 


 


 

Everyone wheezed, including me, and in just a half of a second a guy appeared from behind! I rolled over in panic and avoided his arrow. I twitched my position, aiming at him already. “Wow, Jungkook-hyung didn't lie. You're pretty.” I released an arrow and shot him on his left chest, but he didn't flinch.

Jeon Jungkook received a shot from Blue team member 04 on his legs, but right after that, 04 didn't manage to escape, and died from a headshot made by Jungkook. That left only Nam Chaewon alive in Blue team.”

Heard that? You're going to lose.”

NO I CAN'T.


 

I tried to ran past him, as he launched his bow and aimed. I tried to avoid his arrows showering everywhere. We were only given a limited arrows, and knowing that he came far means the their base where they could get extra arrows would be approximately a hundred feet away. That means, I need to form a strategy,

and it was by letting him lose every arrow he has on his quiver. Raging, he continued to release those poor weak strikes. “Aren't you tired from dodging?” He taunted, but I kept calm. Focusing, I noticed the pattern he was doing. I should use study those for the next encounter. It might be the same as Jungkook.

Three,

Two,

One. I saw him withdrew the last one.

My eyes locked on it as he pulled his bowstring. Everything became slow, and right after he mindlessly release it,

I knew it was going to miss. I grinned, and that made him stunned.


 

Thanks for wasting everything on me.” The arrow went past my shoulders as I stepped forward. He tried to withdraw another arrow, but it was oxygen that he touched. It was dust that he felt. He panicked, noticing that every arrow he has were already gone, and that rush of anxiety made him came up to a conclusion:


 

It was to run. Far, he went, I squinted my eyes as I tried to aim for his head. I should be hitting few inches right and few inches up from his head, because of the air resistance.

Right as he stepped once more to find some spare arrows, I released the arrow longing for his head. It was just a second until it landed just inches above his nape, BUT RIGHT AFTER IT DID, I felt a wet thing bumped my legs. It was an arrow which came from my side.

I shifted my blazing eyes on to where it came from and someone was crawling from the bush. I tried to pull an arrow and shot the student mindlessly on his head and it was a fail for it only landed on his back. Either way, that made him panicked, and crawled desperately to survive, but not anymore. I withdrew two arrows and released it separately, hitting him on his back once again, for two times. Three strike from the back is equivalent to three shots, and that means, I successfully killed him with my trembling hands.

Nam Chaewon received an arrow on her legs, but managed to kill Red members 02 on his head, and 03- three times on his back. That left Nam Chaewon as the MVP of the game!” That didn't made me excited because I haven't seen Jungkook yet. It made me anxious just by thinking of pulling an arrow in front of him.


 


 

The wind still silent, which put me into an advantage. I'm enjoying every single second right now. The thrill consumed me as I ran after the knight announced that I killed two opponents. That left me only two enemies to kill. Pity for I have to kill him. This game wasn't just a game for us. This was a battlefield made for us.

"JUNGKOOK AND OUR SCHOOL IS TRENDING ON NAVER! Many people are watching now with their ARMY Bombs on hand! On that note, ALL BTS MEMBERS including two of their managers came to watch!! The excitement continues!" I heard a loud scream from far and I guess those were the fans.

It was just the members, so I tried to relax as I stole everyone's arrows. I also grabbed some rocks with me that I might use for self defense. As I wandered around for more, I saw a huge tree (a real one) inside the field. "A place to hide." I whispered.

Crawling fast, I reached my destination, and as I moved behind the tree, everyone gasped in chorus after I climbed on top of it. Although, I know that I couldn't blend with the tree, I could still hide within these leaves.
The texture of the bark of this tree was rough, so it made scratches on my arms, but that didn't stop me from climbing. The leaves were thick: a good place to stay hidden.
On top of this, everything came to view. The maze, the spare arrows and sort, but the wind blew harder here.

Moments after, I saw red team member 04 went near, so I positioned my bow and pulled the string. It made a stretching sound. I squinted my left eye to aim for a shot. "No not yet." I muttered.

The rock. Yes.

I pulled two rocks and throw it over his head far from my place for it to hit those cupboards and made an audible sound. Slowly, he moved near the chairs, just as I expected. He thought that I was behind those cupboards. He was walking near the bait.
His back was open. My sight somewhat focused itself on his head until everyone gasped.


 

I HEARD SOMETHING RUSTLED IN THE LEAVES.

I panicked to turn my head find it until I saw an arrow dangling on one of the branch on top of me. I saw the paint dripping beside me. An arrow almost shot my head, but fortunately, I survive accidentally by turning my head. It was Jungkook. His eyes were as deep as ocean, his well defined nose were shining, and it was damn perfect.

But today, he's the enemy.

"Sorry!!! You can kill me now." He scratched his head. "but I won't let you kill me without getting enthralled."
I took an arrow and shot him to the side bit far from him. I couldn't kill him yet.

The guy from far noticed the commotion coming from here, so I focused my mind on him first. I pulled an arrow from my quiver and shot him on his chest. I missed that shot, and focused back on throwing rocks beside Jungkook. He was avoiding it, was somehow panicking. Back with the guy. He was running at full speed to the tree I was sitting on, and he stared me as if he was really going to kill me. I flinched but I need to focus and keep calm. This was the technique I found the most effective.

When I played an online game using an archer, most of the players told me that I do not need to spam my skills because of panic. They told me to calm, and just predict to where the opponents are going.

This time, the enemy was running linearly to the tree. Without shifting directions. My calculations showed that I couldn't just dodge freely and swiftly. Whatever happens, accurate or not, this was the time. To try everything I got.

I slowly released my hands as the time ticked slow. My lungs constricted, and it seemed like he didn't notice my presence.

 

It left me breathless as it traveled on thin air.

And the moment I inhaled, it struck on his head, making him tripped.

"RED TEAM MEMBER 04 WAS KILLED BY NAM CHAEWON ON HIS HEAD. THAT LEFT US CHAEWON VERSUS JUNGKOOK!"

I was about to release another arrow on him, but he wasn't there anymore. His presence wasn't near as well. For some, it would make you relaxed, but that didn't make me calmer at all-- For I thought everything would be okay as I climbed down.


 


 

I ran swiftly while dodging, and rolling, as arrows were raining down on me. I shifted my direction and hide behind the cupboard, as I felt the adrenaline rushing inside my veins. I hid. The pulse was already audible, beating hard as I stretched the bowstring. Just how many arrows he got to shoot me for like ten times? The tree was already far away from here. Did I ran miles? A hundred of feet?


 

Did Jungkook stole ALL arrows inside their base, because he knew that s were going to die anyway? Was it his strategy in the first place? To save his team's arrows on me??


 

I took a deep breath. I was already chewing strands of my hair as I panted for more. My salty sweat irritated my eyes. I wiped everything and fixed myself quickly as I could, and focused on thinking to where he was again. Sneakingly, I peeked beside the cupboard, glancing straight to their base and few tables and chairs in front, but then again, something wasn't right.

Something was out of place.


 

Am I in danger?


 


 


 


 



 

"I'm here."


 


 


 

Yes, I am.


 


 


 

I almost squealed and my mind told me to run! But in just seconds, I felt his hands wrapped on my wrist, and pulled me closer to him. I smelled his alluring fragrance as he hugged me tight. His chest reminded me of those days I came to hug him tight. BUT THIS WASN'T THE TIME TO THINK THAT.


 

Adrenaline and hormones of love mixed together to form a new bond. I don't know what it was, but I was sure it was a fear-love emotion. Fear because I might be killed, and love because I felt comfortable inside his arms. I looked up to his perfect dark eyes, and he was smiling genuinely,


 

until I felt something soft, cold and wet at the back of my head.


 


 

Everyone screamed their lungs out.


 

"JEON JUNGKOOK KILLED NAM CHAEWON! RED TEAM WINS!"


 

Well I thought they screamed, because they thought Jungkook was going to kiss me, but I guess I'm just imagining things as it shouldn't be.

"But that didn't change the fact that Nam Chaewon killed all the members of Red team except Jungkook-ssi." I feel nothing. I was a bit traumatized, but by hugging me like this made me forget those deadly stares that his team gave me. I could feel his heartbeat underneath his chest and his warm arms surround me made me calm. Caressing my head, he wiped my wet painted hair with his handkerchief.

"It might be because of strategy. Chaewon's team charged on their own while Jungkook knew that Chaewon would be dumbstruck if she saw him, and he planned to survive til the end, and used his perfection to attack her."

 

I don't care. He's so cool and clever.

"Why do you keep on staring???" He chuckled. "And how can we move on if you keep on hugging me?"

"I'm not hugging you." I whispered, and removed my arms around him, but my face still leaned on him.

"You're cute. Stop it. I don't want to kiss you in front of my fans." He pinched my cheeks in return, and maintain my blank face.




 

____________


 




 

"Here." Jungkook handled his medal on my palm. The game ended peacefully, and I'm glad the students enjoyed everything about it. It felt like we made a performance for them. Everyone was smiling after we got out of the field, and that made my heart flutters!

"Hey, why are you giving me this?" I brought the medal up in front of his face. ARMYs were staring at us, capturing photos of him. The members were on our side, smiling to their fans. "Because you almost killed me."

"When?"


 

The maknae line walked beside us.

"I was disappointed you didn't finish him off when you're sitting on top of that tree." Jimin tapped my back.

"But she looked cool! Her eyes looked like she really wanted to kill everyone." Yoongi laughed as Namjoon messed with my hair and Hoseok winked at me.

"WE WERE ROOTING FOR YOU BUT YOU WASTED IT." Taehyung yelled and pretended to cry. "But I'm also glad Jungkook won." he followed.

"BTS Pride?" Seokjin asked.

"No. He looked cool. It would be a waste as well if he lost." Taehyung replied.

"WAIT GUYS, How the did you know we were here?" Jungkook blocked us and it made us stop from walking towards the van.
The winter wind drew mists from our breaths and it was already dark.

"AH! IT WAS TRENDING." Hoseok replied. "So we've decided to go here since everyone will have a dinner here at Incheon." So that means everyone got home when I called and they decided to have a dinner here at Incheon, and saw the trends that Jungkook was here? What a supportive bunch.


 

My phone vibrated inside my pocket, and I hauled it out. It was sudden. No one would call me if I'm with BTS members and managers, except it was Bang PD nim, whom I called earlier, so--


 

it's odd.


 

Swiping my phone, the text message showed up.


 


 


 

To my shock, I almost dropped my phone. Everyone stared at me worriedly.

It was just an hour when we uttered his name, now, speaking of the devil, his letters popped in my screen, and like those scary pranks, my heart fell down.

What's wrong? Who's that?” Jungkook asked as he saw I was staring at the message. I'm hesitating if I should read it or not.

What is it?”


 


 


 

It's Woojin. He wants to meet me now.”