Chapter 2

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Advertising?’ Jaebums eyes widened in shock, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Youngjae meekly nodded his head while staring at the floor.

“How long have you been working here?” He questioned the other.

“I got the job around the time I finished high school, so about a year now.” Youngjae answered biting onto his lower lip nervously.

“What?” Jaebum quirked an eyebrow.

“How old are you exactly?” He asked the younger male.

Youngjae was now feeling a bit embarrassed, having worn a suit to make himself look more professional and mature has now backfired on him. He didn't even want to know how much of a child. He looked in front of jaebum.

“I’m 19 years old Mr. Im”

"Really now.” Jaebum jeered, he placed his elbow on his desk to rest his chin on his hand, a Smirk on his lips. “So what? Just because you're barely an adult, you thought that if you came to meet me that I’ll take pity on you and forgive your father? If that was what you were hoping for I’m sorry you can forget it. Your father betrayed this company and he will be punished for it.” Jaebum had no hint of remorse in his voice; he wanted to make it as clear as possible for the younger.

“Please sir I’ll do anything you want! Just please don't put my father in jail, Please!” Tears began form as he begged to the older man, but before they can fall Youngjae furiously rubbed his eyes.

“Do you not know who you’re talking to?” Jaebum scoffed. “Do you not know that you just made a Promise to one of the biggest Casanovas in all of Seoul?” A fake laughed escaped his throat. “I have so much more experience than you; I have so many opportunities that I could use you for because of this promise. And you will have to follow them.” Jaebum held a Cheshire grin on his face as he saw Youngjae’s face begins to redden.

“Y-you wouldn’t d-dare to. R-right.” The right words Youngjae wanted to day wouldn’t come out of his mouth. He understood the implied subject of what Jaebum was talking about, and who wouldn’t. Im Jaebum is famous throughout the city especially among women and famous celebrities.

“Oh god I wouldn’t do that to you!” Jaebum shouted, his handsome features were scrunched up in disgust. “I’m 25 years old! I would never do that with practically a minor, even if they were willing and in the right state of mind. So if you think I am someone you can easily flirt their way things out of, then you are sadly mistaken! Does your father even know what you’re doing?” Jaebum knows that Youngjae isn't legally a minor but 6 years is a lot, especially for someone his age.

“Yeah, he knows i'm here to see you.”

“And, why didn’t he come to talk to me himself?” Jaebum asked. “It would have been the more honorable thing to do.”

“He’s not feeling well that’s why.” Youngjae said. “Please sir he can’t go to jail! He’ll die in the there, please sir don’t charge him. If there is a slight strand of sympathy in your heart, I beg you have mercy on him sir.” Hope was diminishing fast in Youngjae, he didn’t know how much he could take of this

“Well the good thing is I am not personally prosecuting your father, that’s not my job I have workers to do that. He will settle this matter.” Interest in this conversation left jaebum so he began to sign the documents on his desk he placed when Youngjae walked in before.

“Please don’t be cruel.” Youngjae eyes casted downwards he couldn’t look at the man in front of him.

“My father is terribly ill; he wouldn’t take the money with wrong intentions. So please don’t judge him like this. How about I pay for it.” Youngajae’s voice was trembling throughout his speech; he prayed to all the gods out there that Jaebum would agree.

“Do you think $2,500 is a small amount? And how would a 19 year old boy pay for that, especially with the position you hold right now.” Jaebum pointed out in a matter of fact tone.

“I don’t plan on staying in this position for the rest of my life. I will try and search for a better job.”

Youngjae’s voice was soft as he spoke to Jaebum.

“Even so it will still take you years!” Jaebum replied harshly, He saw the youngjae slightly flinch with his raised voice. He took a small breath calming himself before pinching the bridge of his nose in deep thought.

Even though Jaebum was 25 years old Youngjae couldn’t deny of how charismatic, stylish and downright handsome the other is. His dazzling smile and sharp eyes can make even the toughest of hearts melt, Youngjae can't deny these thoughts. His heart began to speed up when Jaebum made eye contact with him giving him one of his famous seductive looks, which made everyone fall into his traps.

“I think you are the answers to all my problems.” Jaebum mumbled. “Even though you are pretty young, I guess its okay and I can make an exception this once because you are more beautiful than her.” Even with him straining his ears trying to hear what the other was talking about Youngjae was clueless.

“I’m sorry sir. But I can’t hear you.”

“Huh?” Jaebum snapped out of his thoughts, he momentarily forgot that he had company in the room.

 

“I was just making a plan, because you did say you’d be willing to do anything and I think I’ve got it.” Jaebum smiled happily towards the younger. “Now you can go back to work.” He said to Youngjae as he grabbed a file out of his desk and began looking through it.

“What about my father?” Youngjae asked hesitantly, not wanting to make anything worse.

“I’ll call you tomorrow and let you know, just don’t forget to come to work.” Jaebum upper lip was raised as he talked to him.

“Um, okay...B-but” Youngjae didn't know how to finish his sentence. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't imagine what his colleagues would say when they found out that the Im Jaebum wants to see him. He being the CEO of one of the biggest companies would never talk to low rank worker.

“I couldn't care less about what you tell your little friends.” Jaebum suddenly spoke up scaring  Youngjae at how he completely read his mind. “Just remember when I call you, you come straight away. You promised you'd do anything to help your father, now please leave.”

Youngjae could only nod his head weakly; he turned around making his way out of the cold CEO’s room not looking back once.

With a heavy heart Youngjae decided to go home, he decided to take an emergency leave. He wasn't in the mood to talk to his colleagues about how he got to meet the CEO.

At first Youngjae was hesitant about making an appointment with Mr. Im, he thought someone like

Jaebum wouldn’t want to waste his time with someone like him. Youngjae doesn’t know what he’s going to tell her father, his goal was to come home to tell him some good news, but Jaebum didn’t even give him a final word about the subject.

Im Jaebum the man with the face that got sculpted by the angels themselves, the sharp jaw line that pierces right through your heart topped with his seductive smile. A smile that is used by predators to torment t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter