Chapter 5

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sir, what are you doing?” Youngjae questioned the young CEO.

“I said to call me Jaebummie or hyung.” He corrected the other.”

“Jae-Jaebum hyung.” Youngjae stuttered saying the new name. Hyung was a lot easier for him since his family drilled it into his head, to always respect those who are older than you. “What are you doing right now?”

“Starting a little drama, that way gossip will spread in no time.” Jaebum playfully winked at Youngjae.

“What do you mean by that-” Youngjae was stopped by the buzzer that was going off.

“Mr. Im, Mark Tuan is on the line.” BamBam said through the phone.

“Okay.” Jaebum picked up the phone letting go of the buzzer. Youngjae could only watch the interaction.

“Mark? It’s me Jaebum. No! It’s nothing like that. I have something to tell you. Youngjae won’t be coming back to work for the day. No. No. He’s not sick he will be going out with me after this.” Jaebum smirked at Youngjae who was glaring at him. He couldn’t believe that Jaebum was actually doing this.

“Yes, that right. We can discuss about that some other time. I just wanted to inform you that Youngjae will also be late for work tomorrow; he will be accompanying me to a party tonight. I hope you can give someone else Youngjae’s duties while he’s gone.” As the words kept falling out of Jaebum’s mouth, tears started to pool in Youngjae's eyes. He felt trapped, helpless. He didn’t want any of this, nothing was his choice. Jaebum really wants to trap him and he knows it.

“This is too much Mr. Im. I can’t do this. Do you truly not care for my dignity, am I really this small and worthless. Because that's what it feels like.” Youngjae confessed as tears fell down his face.

“Please wipe your tears Youngjae. No one should see you like this.” Jaebum tried to persuade Youngjae to use his handkerchief. Youngjae ignored the offer and used his fingers to wipe them away instead.

“Why would that matter? Every ounce of dignity I had is already destroyed or in the make, because of your stupid plan. I can’t do this!”

“Would you rather people know that your father is a thief, than you being my boyfriend?” Jaebum questioned, an obvious smile on his face.

“Stop that!” Youngjae shouted, he was tired of him calling his father that. “My father is not a thief. I told you he only needed to borrow the money out of dire need; he always planned to return it.”

“You keep on saying that, so now I really want to know why your father needed the money.” Jaebum challenged.

Youngjae looked at Jaebum with utter hatred, every second he was with this man he was getting looked down upon. “You’re not even half the man my father is. My father has more dignity than you, you could only wish you were on the same level as him.” Jaebum scoffed at that. “But if you must know I will tell you. It was because of love. He did this all for someone who he truly loves. My father deeply loved my late mother, I have never witnessed a love that strong and true. And you.” Youngjae took a step closer. “You are just a machine, an empty, cold, heartless machine that has nothing.”

“But I am a machine. A machine that has loads of money. So in this case I am truly lucky because of this right?” Jaebum smirked; Youngjae’s words had no effect on him what's so ever.

“Argh I hate you! I hate you so damn much.” Youngjae screamed in fury.

“No you don't hate me. In fact from now own you will love me or at least pretend to. And don't worry I already know desperate people are the best actors.”

“Jaebum hyung, you already know that I will never be on the same rank as you. There are plenty rich people out there willing to help you. Don’t say I need to love you or even go near you. Because I. Don’t. Want. To. You are cruel, and I can’t stand you.” Youngjae ranted letting off some steam.

“So what? Would you be more willing if I just threw your father in jail?” Jaebum threatened.

“No of course not! That’s why I came to meet you in the first place.” He mumbled a hint of worry in his voice. Jaebum sighed for what felt like the umpteenth time that day.

“Youngjae, there are two option. You have to pick one. Either continues with this act and your father won’t get sent to prison and I will forget about the money that he stole. And if you don’t like that option, well you already know the other one.”

“How is this even fair to the both of us?” Youngjae cocked his head in confusion.

“I need to make sure that Saera won’t ever disturb me or this company ever again.”

“Isn’t she one of your friends? How can you truly run away from her?”

“That maybe is so; however that es will never tie me down. As long as I put some distance everything will be fine.” Youngjae could only wonder how Jaebum looked so excited to do this. Deceiving not only his friends and family but the whole world too.

“Oh no” Youngjae gasped. “I forgot my briefcase

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter