Chapter 3

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae immediately went to his desk when he arrived to work the next morning. Wanting to make himself as busy as he can so he doesn’t have to think about anything, also he needed to finish all the work he didn’t yesterday since he left so abruptly. The one thing he couldn’t do was control his nerves, every phone that rang made him flinch.

“Wow, you look handsome this morning Youngjae-ah.” Jinyoung whistled as he walked over to the younger, a playful small on his face.

“I look good everyday hyung.” Youngjae laughed, him being used to this joking behaviour that he and Jinyoung usually do.

“But today is different your extra hot! You’re even wearing a suit, do you have a date today?” Jinyoung teased Youngjae whose face was beginning to redden with embarrassment. The reason for Youngjae wearing a suit is because he wanted to appeal as more of a man in front of Jaebum. Not just as some boy who doesn’t know what he’s even doing.

“Hyung no one wants to date me.” Youngjae rolled his eyes wanting to be inconspicuous.

“I don’t believe you.” Jinyoung was suspicious that Youngjae wasn’t telling him the truth.

“Hyung no one wants to date me.” Youngjae cheerfully said, his head was a complete mess but Jinyoung didn’t need to know that.

“I don’t believe you” Jinyoung reiterated.

“It’s true hyung. It’s not like you don’t know me.” Youngjae pouted. The two have been close friends for a while now, it was because of Jinyoung who even got Youngjae his job in the company in the first place.

“But-”

“But what hyung?” Youngjae cut him off, he started to bite down on his bottom lip out of habit.

“Well, I know that you took an EL yesterday, but I could have sworn I saw you here Jae-ah. I’m also down right positive that I saw you go to the ‘special’ building where the higher ups go to..” Jinyoung addressed slowly, he didn’t want to say anything wrong.

“Who? Me?” Youngjae guffawed. “You think I entered the building that the CEO goes to. You must be losing it hyung.” Youngjae laughed, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Maybe, I did mistake you for someone else.” Jinyoung sighed. “From what I heard, no one has even met the CEO. 4 years of working here and never once I had the privilege of seeing his face. He must be really handsome from the pictures on the web.” Jinyoung smiled dreamily as he walked back to his desk.

“Why did you say that?” Youngjae asked curiously.

“I heard that he’s a bit of a playboy, he dates so many celebrities and high end business women, but none of them good enough to be his wife. Right now a store owner and celebrity named Saera is trying to get with our boss.” Jinyoung winked, a cheshire grin on his face as if he told the biggest gossip of the year.

“Why does she even want our boss?” Youngjae frowned.

“Of course she wants him! Who doesn’t want to try and tie down a playboy. Also it would be great for her business, and who knows maybe she wants to be Mrs. Im Jaebum” Youngjae could only nod his head at the gossip Jinyoung has been spilling. If Jinyoung wasn’t dating the head of their department Mark Tuan, Youngjae could have sworn that Jinyoung would be crushing on Jaebum, because of the amount he knows about that man.

“Youngjae-ssi, Jinyoung-ssi. Mr. Tuan would like to meet you two in office.” The two heard Mark’s assistant as the two were conveniently down the hall from her. Jinyoung quirked a brow at Youngjae wondering why Mark would want to meet with them, Youngjae shrugged his shoulders in confusion as well. The two walked down the hall to their boss’s office.

After 15 minutes of Mark monotonous voice talking about an assignment the two has to do for an upcoming project, Jinyoung and Youngjae were able to leave the room with tense faces. Even though Mark and Jinyoung are dating, the two keep their relationship and work life completely separate. At tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter