Coffee

어떤 사람 || Someone

"Here"

Chanyeol said as he slammed a cup down Sehun's desk. Eyeing the item with confusion he smelt the contents long before it was placed before him but felt the need to ask just to make sure. 

With a roll of his eyes, Chanyeol took a sip from his own cup before sitting the the desk opposite him. 

"It's coffee Sehun, you know that hot drink with the beans. You look a bit dead today so I thought this would help"

The other boy mumbled a thank you before lifting the cup to his face. Basking in the smoke hitting his skin. His eyes closed uncontrollably and be hummed with joy, blocking out Chanyeol stupid grin. 

Warm 

On a normal day, coffee wouldn't be his first choice. Much rather have a tea. But he was feeling particually tired today so Chanyeol act of good will was accepted wholeheartedly. As he took a sip however his eyes widened in surprise and he pulled the cup away, analysing it. 

"Chanyeol what is this?" 

Hiding his face behind his hand, Chanyeol struggled to contain the laughter threatening to erupt at the sight of his friend.

"I told you, it's coffee. Is it bad?" 

Sehun brought the cup up to his lips for another sip. And he looked down at his beverage as if it was an enigma. 

"It's" he began, voice low and breathless "the best thing I've drank in a long time"

Losing the battle, Chanyeol let out a burst of laughter. Capturing the attension of a few other classmates. 

"Wow Sehun I didn't think you would ever see coffee in its natural form. The form being amazing I mean"

"Where did you get this?" 

"There's a coffee shop that opened down the road from my house recently. Thought i'll give it a try. Seeing your reaction, we might need to go there together next time"

Sehun leaned back in his seat as he held the cup with two hands. The warmth in his chest not stopping. 

"Yeah we should"