chapter 6

The Broken Promise

It had been 1 month since the Jung sisters left and Yunho was hating every bit of it.

He remembered apologizing for kicking Jaejoong out but this was too much.

Literally the guy was asking the same question “Do you like me? Why do you care?”

Today was no exception.

“Can you stop asking the question . It has been one month” Yunho said

“I want answers”

“I don’t love you. Do you love me?”

“No” Jaejoong answered.

“See now shut up.”

Jaejoong pouted but said “What about business? You are trying to launch a new holiday package right?”

“Well yes”

The Kim Empire cosmetics had 3 different ranges of make-up – The high end make-up called KimLuxury, the middle range make-up called KimLove and the drug store range called KimBeauty.

The funny thing was that all the formulas where incredibly similar but many people thinks that the more the expensive the product the better is the quality. The KimLuxury had a rose pink blush called Rosalind which came with a mirror and brush and more expensive packaging. It costed $100. Their KimBeauty also had a similar shade of blush but named Rosey and it costed only $9. Plus the packaging was less good but the product formula was almost the same , literally 90% where same.

The good thing of Kim Empire was that it had foundation shade which would suit everyone from whites to blacks. Of course they kept the darkest shades on KimBeauty because the Koreans all wanted to look paler and it was the black community in Korea that would go for the darker shades. Since most where not rich, they would anyway pick a $10 product over a $110 product.

“Okay how do you plan to sell the holiday products? Remember we can’t do foundation and concealers cause they has to be skin-tone matching. Many new customers might come also. We should just sell products that would do good for any skin tone. I suggest a collection of lipstick” Yunho said

“Or better yet give discounts. 10-25% off on products. That will surely make sales go higher. Beside if it is 25% off then many KimLove product buyers can go for KimLuxury. We kind of make more profit. Beside if a $10 is sold for $8, high change many people would buy that. We can have a huge sell if we market properly.”

“Aren’t you guys doing that for the last 5 years? I know since it was a hit, you are playing it safe but we need to change the holiday sale. It is taking a risk but if we introduce exclusive products then it will be  a huge sell”

“Like what?”

But before Yunho could answer, the bell rang. Hearing the bell ring, Jaejoong ran to open the door.

“Mother?”

A crying Taeyeon entered the room and spoke “Seoul Hospital”

“What happened?” Jaejoong asked

“Today early morning, Mino and his father got into a car accident. His father died before reaching the hospital. Mino is in a coma”

Hearing the news Jaejoong got alarmed “Shall we go?”

“No. Your father is there. In a state of worry I didn’t bring much cash and with the cash, this is where I could come.”

“But we need to go” Yunho stated

 

Within 1 hr, they had reached the hospital Taeyeon immediately took them in front of Mino’s cabinet.

“This is all your fault. Why did you tell Mino to rush back home?” Mino’s mother spoke to him angrily

“I asked him to just come early”

“No. You get lost from my sight. I don’t want you near my house” She spoke and raised her hand.

Jinwoo expected to be hit but then saw Jaejoong grab his mother-in-law’s hand and said “I don’t think he has done anything wrong to be hit”

“Just take him with you”

“I will” Jaejoong said and grabbed Jinwoo and dragged him out.

Yunho had just called a cab and send Taeyeon back home.

“What is he doing here?” Yunho asked seeing Jaejoong with Jinwoo.

“He will be staying with us from now on till Mino recovers from coma” Jaejoong said

“I want to stay with ” Jinwoo said

“If he wants to stay then let him stay” Yunho sided with Jinwoo

“And let his mother-in-law hit him” Jaejoong grumbled

“WHAT? He stays with us then” Yunho replied

“It’s okay. She sometimes hits me if I do bad cooking” Jinwoo replied but it alarmed the married couple.

“Are you hurt anywhere?” Jaejoong asked

“No, she just slaps me and pulls my hair. I never bleed and I usually get checked” Jinwoo replied.

As bad as Jaejoong is, being in the business industry he could differentiate a lie from a truth. Jinwoo appeared to be telling the truth.

The entire car ride was silent and when they reached the house, Jaejoong spoke “Tell the truth”

“I am speaking the truth only. My mother-in-law told I have to do all the cooking and cleaning like she did. That was the tradition of the wives in Song family. When Mino is there she doesn’t make me do everything but when he is not there, I have to do everything.”

“You could have told before”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please commen,upvote and subscribe