chapter 9

The Broken Promise

Jaejoong looked at his husband, “How are my parents?”

“I called them. They are fine. Will you go to the police station now?”

“I called them up to confirm my suspicion that it if was my brother. My suspicion was right. The police will interrogate him. At the end of the day he is an adult and he did something unlawful. If the law wishes to punish him, I can do nothing”

“I thought you would bail him out” Yunho said

“He did something wrong and he must atone for his crime. As an older brother, I will not stop his punishment but seek the truth of the cause of his sin. The police that will interrogate him is a very professional man. I have full faith in him”

“I thought you would sass up”

“I won’t defend a criminal”

 

 

 

Jinwoo looked at the police that came to interrogate him.

“You are the son of the founders of Kim Empire and brother of the current vice-president. You are also the wife of business Song Mino. Money is something you don’t need, why did you do it”

“I had no other options”

“As in?”

“I used to regularly of with Lee Sooman or whom you call S. In return he would give business to my husband’s company. Most of the clients of that company have received ual favour from me”

“I believe somebody forced you to do it”

“My mother-in-law. She forced me to join this line”

“As an adult you could always say no” The interrogator told him

“It brought business so….”

 

Taeyeon had cried herself to sleep. When she and her husband initially started the business, they used to face a huge loss to the extend they almost became homeless and feared that 2 boys would never see middle school. Yet, they kept calm. But in this case she lost all her strength. Heechul was no better. Heechul locked himself in the bathroom and cried. Who would want to hear their son has become a e?

He dialled his elder son’s number “Jaejoong..”

“What is it father?”

“Your mother cried herself to sleep and I am too shocked as it is.”

“I know dad. How could he do that?”

“It doesn’t matter son, I have a request” Heechul nearly begged

“What is it father?”

“I know it is late but can you come over? I would love some company”

The other line was silent for a minute and then spoke “I will ask Yunho if he can join us. Or do you want me to come only?”

Heechul was stunned for a moment, never had Jaejoong spoke about Yunho before.

This was definitely new.

“I will be happy if Yunho comes as well”

“We will come”

 

 

“Yunho let’s go”

Yunho nodded “Pack some clothes”

Jaejoong nodded and did what Yunho told him to do.

‘I got 3 sets of clothes will do it. But I wonder how my parents are doing? How is Jinwoo doing?’

“Are you done?” Yunho asked

“Yeah, I am locking the suitcase”

“I have kept the ambulance number saved as emergency just in case anything happens”

“Okay but how will we go there?”

“I will drive there”

 

 

Jaejoong sighed after the call ended. He along with Yunho and Heechul looked him.

“What did they say?” Yunho asked

“They conducted a polygraph test on Jaejoong. He was lured into ion but he was willing. Also Mino had no involvement or knowledge about this matter. His mother-in-law is getting arrested for pimping out Jinwoo and for violence.”

“But why would he do that? I get it he was naïve but not this stupid” Heechul cried out

“People change father. I was always called rude and arrogant but have you thought that it was a defence layer. Maybe Jinwoo did that thinking his abuse would reduce. He willingly did this for money?” Jaejoong barked

“I raised him to be better”

“No you didn’t. You and mother did nothing. You praised him and always said I was the brat. Neither of us came to you to have emotional support. In fact, I blame you guys for this entire mess”

Taeyeon looked down sadly. She knew they were not the best of parents and the business had affected their family life but she also knew they tried their level best to support the 2 boys in every way.

“No, you are a terrible brother” Heechul barked “You always demeaned him as some ugly creature”

Taeyeon looked at her husband and elder son sadly. Both were playing the blame game.

‘The truth is we are all at fault. He couldn’t come to 3 of us for support and he loved Mino too much to tell him of his tragedy’

Yunho looked at the family and sighed. As much as he wanted to say something, he can’t say anything.

‘Blame game is too strong. All are at fault. It is best if I stay quiet and see they don’t do anything stupid.’

“Horrible brother” “Horrible father”

The blame game continued.

Taeyeon looked sadly

“Mother-in-law” Yunho spoke

“What is it Yunho?”

“I think you should go to bed. You look too stressed and I fear you might collapse”

Taeyeon started crying “My baby son got arrested for ion. What have we done wrong? Maybe we should not have married him off to Song Mino. He was such a promising man with manners of a gentleman. I thought his entire family will be like him and Jinwoo will be happy. Now he is arrested and Mino is lying in death bed. I hope for a miracle to happen which will never happen. ”

They thought things would be better but the call which happened next made their blood run cold.

There was a news from the police station.

Jinwoo had to be hospitalized – he had drank a slow poison.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment, upvote and subscribe