chapter 8

The Broken Promise

Jaejoong smiled at Yunho and Yunho was pretty much ting in his pants.

‘Either something has happened or he is planning to murder me. Knowing him, he probably already hired the best lawyers out there’.

“Jaejoong, why are you being extra nice?”

“I am a nice person”

“Nope”

“Yeah and you are ugly”

“Now that’s better. But seriously what is going on?”

“Well I kind of realized I am better off and I should appreciate life more”

“That is nice Jaejoong so you are being nice”

“I saw a poor boy, drug addicted begging for money. It made me feel so guilty”

“Jaejoong let me ask you something. Why did you have a cold persona?”

Jaejoong sighed and confessed “I was bullied as a teen. At age 13 I was bullied. Nobody in the family knew that. My brother studied in a different school so he had no idea. Then I went to college and my parents got famous. I decided to keep a low-profile. All I said was my parents does business. Within 6 months, someone saw me and my father in a café. They pieced together I was a potential heir of the Kim Empire and ignored me as a whole. I always had to sit alone and people befriended me for my money”

“Everyone of them?” Yunho asked

“Yes. They wanted the money and luxury I had. That is why I decided to hate on everyone.” Jaejoong said

“Have you ever told this to anyone?”

“Mother knows. My father doesn’t understand much but she knows”

“I am sorry people treated you badly. I know I must have given you the same impression that others gave you, but you must know I didn’t marry you for the money”

“Why did you marry me then? For the business? That’s money only” Jaejoong said with no emotions in his voice

“I had a crush on you. You may not know me earlier but trust me, I know a lot about you. You used to donate money to a foundation to help orphan children. I believe it was called CJES FOUNDATIONS. Anyway, their owner and I spoke and decided to have a drink. In his drunken state he told me how you donated a lot of money yet chose to keep that as a secret. It didn’t take me long to realise you were hurt and that is just a shield”

“You think the sassy me is a shield?” Jaejoong asked

“No, I think the cold you is a shield. You are a caring sassy man.”

“Look Yunho, I know you are my husband but do you think this will work – between us.”

“It takes 2 to tango. It takes 2 to make a marriage work. It can work if you want it to work.” Yunho spoke silently.

Jaejoong sighed , it was going to be a long night.

While Jaejoong and Yunho where busy talking, Taeyeon sighed.

“Where are you going?” She asked her youngest son

“To meet people” Jinwoo said and ran out of the door.

She sighed and looked at her husband.

“He is doing something funny” Heechul said

“I know. His frequent visitation is a bit suspicious”

“Is he cheating on Mino?” Heechul ask

“NONSENSE. Never think of your sons like that. I raised them to be moral” Taeyeon said and Heechul just stared at her, hoping that what she said is true.

 

Heechul’s blood ran cold when he heard the news. There was no mistake about it.

News Reporter “This is a live update from the police department. There has been a tip-off that xxx-bar hosts illegal ion. Individual called S was seen taking the service of ion regularly. He was a regular for a e named J. While the identity cannot be revealed but S is an important businessman which also attracts foreigners. J is not a businessman but however comes from a business family and is also married to one. Upon investigation, it is found that not only J is married but none of his family members knows of his activities – at least his husband and his own family side. He mentioned nothing about his in-law’s side .”

There was no mistake about it. Heechul knew who that J was. If he was any weaker he would have had a heart attack.

Taeyeon looked at herself. She never cried , at least in front of her husband. She preferred to cry alone.

Meanwhile, Yunho too heard the news. He was also shocked and looked at his wife.

Jaejoong’s eyes were out of his socket. ‘How? Why?’

There was no mistake who that e was.

Kim Jinwoo

Jaejoong clenched his fist ‘I am sure he was forced into this profession. I will find the truth myself’