Chapter 1

The Broken Promise

Heechul sighed for the 10th time.

“Come on Jaejoong, don’t complain. This is for the best” Heechul reasoned.

“Absolutely not. I am perfect for the business, I can handle the job well” Jaejoong said

“No, Jung Yunho would be a better choice. He is calm, collected and nice, unlike you”

“Dad !!”

“Why are you so difficult. Jinwoo married off Mino. He had no problem”

“Well he is stupid. But this is not about him” Jaejoong said.

And why would the great Kim Jaejoong, heir of Kim Empire marry a peasant like Jung Yunho?

Jaejoong was the eldest child of Kim Heechul and Kim Taeyeon –the founders of Kim Empire. The Kim Empire was basically a multi-dollar beauty product business. They had business stores not only in Korea but also in the US,Canada, China , Japan and UK. They also had online website so that people residing in other countries can also buy.

“Be smart Jaejoong. You can never lead a business to success. You don’t have the right attitude or degree” Heechul said.

Jung Yunho, was no ordinary man. He had both looks and brains. He had not only a good degree in business but also in management. On top of that, his charitable organization was commonly listed in “Top 10 charitable organization in Korea” and sometimes it even ranks in “Top 20 in Asia”.

He was also brought up without a mother, his father took care of him completely.

“No means no” Jaejoong stated

“So who do you want to marry?” Heechul ask

“No”

“Aishhh”

 

“Common on, let’s have beef bulgogi” Taeyeon said

“Why only one dish?” Jaejoong asked

“Well if you had been nice and helped me, then you could have more than 3 types of food” Taeyeon replied

“Good” Heechul said

 

Yunho looked at his father and spoke “Mr. Kim Heechul wants me to marry his son”

“Do you want this marriage?”

“I always wanted him”

“Do you know his personality or are you after his looks only?”

“I have a crush on him” Yunho replied honestly

“I loved your mother’s face too. See what happened to us. When she found a richer guy, she left us. You were only 6 months old and she never ever took message about your health”

“But father, I know this will be different”

“No, I fear it will be the same”

 

 

 

 

Mino sighed and looked at Jinwoo “You are being stupid”

“Nope, hyung will marry”

“Who will marry that tyrant? I remember he added lots of pepper and salt to the food when all I did was ask for water” Mino said

“But they are meeting tomorrow. I can see a fairy tale romance” Jinwoo said

 

Jaejoong stared down at Yunho while Yunho just smiled.

“It’s nice to see you again Yunho” Heechul greeted him with a smile.

“My pleasure. It’s nice to see you healthy too.” Yunho politely said.

Heechul elbowed Jaejoong and he went again “Excuse my son’s behavior”

Yunho smiled and spoke “It’s nice to see you again , Jaejoong-sshi”

Jaejoong twisted his mouth to a frown but Yunho continued “I hope you are doing well”

Heechul sighed at his son’s rudeness but spoke “You can order whatever you want to eat”

Yunho smiled and said “Thank You” and Heechul smiled back. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and opened his phone.

As Heechul and Yunho ordered, Heechul gently asked “What do you want, son?”

“Beef steak , medium rare”  Jaejoong said

“Certainly sir” the waiter politely spoke.

 

“So Yunho, do you read the conditions that I wrote”

“Yes and I am willing” Yunho spoke.

“Honestly I don’t want to marry you, Yunho. You are trash and I hate lowly people like you” Jaejoong spoke.

Yunho gently smiled and said “You only know my name and face. Please judge me after you know me”

“Well a son of  a single father. Like they say son of a ”

Heechul roughly spoke “How dare you !! Apologize to him”

“Hmm”

Heechul got up and did a 90 degree bow to Yunho.

“I apologize on behalf of my son. I am deeply sorry.” Heechul spoke and Yunho gently smiled “It’s okay uncle”

Jaejoong sighed and purposefully spilled water on Yunho’s suit.

“Opps my bad. But water always goes towards dirt” Jaejoong said

 

 

Jaejoong wanted to tear the suit he was wearing – his very own wedding suit.

“Father I hate this. I hate the man”

“No you don’t”

“Father I promise never to love him ever.”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment , upvote and subscribe