Dance

Jealous

Seungkwan sat on a chair. The members had gone out to get snacks and for the first time in a few days, he was finally alone. The noise of sneakers squeaking on the floor, endless counting, songs playing on loop, laughter, and tired adolescent boys were nowhere to be heard. It was quiet. A smile crosses his lips. He remembers the first time Seungcheol asked him about what he thought of Vernon. He had told their leader that Vernon was a special friend, and he was, until now. Special. He shakes his head. And slaps his cheeks with both hands. No, I should focus. Their concert was fast approaching and this wasn’t the time to be distracted. Seungkwan takes out his phone, puts an earphone on his ear, and clicks play.

In the hallway, Vernon is taking slow relaxed strides, his hands in the front pocket of his grey hoodie. As he takes each step, an angelic voice echoes in the walls of the hallway. He perks up, a familiar feeling of adoration bursts in his chest. He tiptoes to the door, presses his ears against the thick glass and smiles. It was Seungkwan. Yet again, his magnificent voice amazes Vernon. He clicks the door knob open and slowly slips in the music filled practice room. He quietly stands by the door, his jaw agape, his hand clutched on his chest as if holding his heart, keeping it from bursting of too much awe. Tears start to well up in his eyes, he bites his lower lip.

“Seungkwan….” He says, still glued by the door.

The singing stops. Seungkwan turns around. His hand holding his cellphone, an earphone on his right ear. He sees Vernon, unknown to Seungkwan, a smile dances on his lips, his cheeks rising.

Vernon drops the hand clutched on his chest, as if giving up, Seungkwan’s bright smile an arrow to his heart. He takes large strides, almost dashing towards Seungkwan. Vernon cups Seungkwan’s face and, without hesitation, he presses his lips against Seungkwan’s. His lips are soft, just as he imagined they would be.

Seungkwan’s eyes widen. He places a hand on Vernon’s arm, ready to push him away, but Vernon takes another kiss, the warmth inviting. Seungkwan closes his eyes and kisses back, his lips caressing Vernon’s.

Their noses touch and cross each other as if in a perfect embrace. Vernon’s head is cocked to one side, his lips kissing and taken by the sweetness of Seungkwan’s supple mouth. His eyes tightly closed, only feeling the surge of ecstasy coursing his body as they both dance in this intimate act.

Seungkwan’s hand grips Vernon’s arm, the wave of pleasure almost too much for him to handle. They take one last kiss, lips grazing each other, gentle, caressing, before Vernon slowly pulls away, his lips still parted, looking at Seungkwan as if to confirm what transpired was real.

Seungkwan’s cheeks are flushed, his lips red from the kiss. He shyly looks at Vernon, a small embarrassed smile escaping him.

Vernon’s hands are still cupping Seungkwan’s face, his expression dazed.

In the distance, the noise of boys chattering can be heard. As if on reflex, Vernon releases Seungkwan, awkwardly standing in the middle of the room. Seungkwan immediately glides to a chair and works on the laptop. He plays one of Vernon’s songs. Understanding what Seungkwan was trying to do, Vernon raps along pretending like they’ve been practicing all this time.  

 

--

They finally did it! Oh my gosh! Sorry the chapter's really short. I just wanted to put this out before I change my mind. Haha. :D I hope you enjoyed this one! As always, let me know your thoughts! I love reading your comments. :)

P.S. If my writing was hard to picture out (for the kiss), watch this. After I saw that episode, I knew I just had to let Verkwan do the same. Haha! :D