Date

Jealous

It was a cold night. The icy wind blowing from Han River drove people indoors, but Seungkwan and Vernon, along with a few other people, braved the cold. It was chilly, but the night view was picturesque and the quiet stillness of the riverbank was relaxing. Seungkwan pushes the door of the convenience store open, a hot bowl of ramyun in hand. Vernon follows along with his own bowl of ramyun, carefully holding two pairs of chopsticks in his fingers. They sit on a corner table by a tree, hoping it would help shield them from the cold.

Seungkwan takes a chopstick from Vernon, breaks it apart, and mixes the egg with the noodles and soup of his ramyun. “It’s funny that you said this was a date. We’re having ramyun!” He chuckles.

Vernon smiles, moved that Seungkwan remembered they were on a date. “But it’s just us.” He confirms.

Seungkwan's lips curl into a sweet smile. “Yeah.”

They eat, filling their stomachs with spicy soup and hot noodles. They finish almost at the same time, sipping all the soup out of the aluminum food bowls.

Seungkwan blows air from his mouth, as if cooling his tongue from the heat and spice that ramyun always offered. 

Vernon eyes Seungkwan’s plump lips, redder from eating the spicy dish. He bites his lower lip, feeling an urge to do something he shouldn’t, not out in the open like this. He looks around. The few people who occupied the tables already left and it was just the two of them. Vernon grips his fingers, contemplating whether the light was bright enough for people from afar to see what he’s about to do.

Seungkwan on his lower lip, the spice getting to him. “We should’ve bought something to drink.” He starts to get up.

“Wait.” Vernon leans in from across the table. His lips press against Seungkwan’s red lips.

Seungkwan’s eyes open wide, shocked at Vernon’s bold move.

Vernon opens his mouth, his tongue Seungkwan’s lower lip, as if asking permission to enter.

“Yah….what are you doing?” Seungkwan pulls back. He immediately stands up, waiting for Vernon to explain himself.

Vernon reaches over the table, grabbing Seungkwan’s hand. He walks, pulling Seungkwan with him.

“Yah! Hansol!” Seungkwan protests.

The scene was right out of a kdrama, but Vernon’s heart was pounding. It was exhilarating. His eyes dart everywhere, still walking, Seungkwan behind him. “I’m sorry, Boo. Just let me do this. Just this once.” He explains.

“W-what? Yah! What are you planning to do with me?” Seungkwan is almost in a panic.

Vernon stops by a young medium sized tree. Its trunk was still thin, but its branches had spread wide enough that its shape was almost perfect. Vernon gently releases Seungkwan’s hand. “Calm down, okay? Just…just let me do this…” He caresses Seungkwan’s cheek, cupping the boy’s face with both hands. “Close your eyes.”

Seungkwan closes his eyes, understanding what Vernon wanted to do. He wanted to smack him in the face for scaring him and for trying to do this in public, but the spot he chose was dim enough that no one would know people were under the tree.

Vernon leans in, his hands still cupping Seungkwan’s face. Their lips touch and caress, moving in a now familiar motion, the unsure anxious feeling gone. Their lips more comfortable, soothing, and electrifying. Vernon opens his mouth, Seungkwan’s lips just as he had a moment ago. Seungkwan opens his mouth, permitting the other to do more. Their tongues meet in a torrid hot embrace. Vernon smiles, the taste of spicy ramyun still on Seungkwan’s mouth. Their tongues wrestle, the salty and spicy flavor of ramyun making for a fiery and tasty kiss.

They pull away at the same time, contented with having their fill of each other. Seungkwan his mouth, prickly hints of heat on his lips. Vernon settles his hands on Seungkwan’s waist, a toothy grin plastered on his face. Seungkwan slaps his chest, his ears red and cheeks flushed.

“That was really dangerous. Are you asking for trouble?” Seungkwan begins to walk.

Vernon places a hand on Seungkwan’s waist, keeping him close as he walks beside the boy. “Sorry. I couldn’t help it.” He still can’t help but smile and wonder if from now on, he’ll think of their kiss whenever he eats ramyun.

 

--

I know, the update is short, that's why I put out the next one right away! ;)