Label

Jealous

It was a busy week. Vernon and Seungkwan didn’t talk much. They occasionally glanced at each other and shared knowing looks, smiles, and controlled gestures when they’d pass by the other, but they never got to spend time alone, just the two of them, as the concert kept them occupied. It was only after the concert that they finally had time to themselves.

Seungkwan’s stomach was in a nervous knot. Vernon had sent him a short message as soon as they wrapped up their duties for the concert. “Let’s meet up.” Three direct words. No smiley or emoticons. Seungkwan fanned himself. The air suddenly felt so thick. The idea of meeting up with Vernon was pleasant, but he knew that he’d have to ask the questions that the boy probably didn’t want to think about. Seungkwan pressed his fingers together, clumping his hand into a fist. He was uneasy. It almost felt like the first time he stepped into the practice room to start training under Pledis.

Seungkwan tapped his feet on the ground, rubbing his hands together. The air was cold and he’d been waiting for Vernon for the past five minutes. They had agreed to meet up at Han River after dinner, so he quickly left the members and biked to their meeting place, settling himself on a bench with the dimmest lighting, his bike locked in a nearby parking spot. Seungkwan purses his lips and takes out his phone, getting impatient of waiting.

“Boo.” Vernon calls out, rolling in on his bicycle. He stops in front of Seungkwan, his features blanketed by dim park lighting. He’s wearing black denim pants with worn out cuts on the knees, a black turtle neck, and a maroon leather jacket. He gets off the bike, his boots clicking on the ground. “Did you wait long?”

“A bit.” Seungkwan stuffs his cellphone in his jacket pocket.

Vernon sits beside him. “Sorry about that.”

A whiff of fresh cologne tickles Seungkwan’s nose. “Did you take a bath?”

“Yeah. I have to look good.” He fixes his jacket. “This is a date, right?” He beams, proud that the boy noticed his effort.

Seungkwan blushes. He puts a hand on his cheek, feeling the warm flush on his hand. “I just wanted to talk, but I suppose you can call it that.”

“Should we take a walk?” Vernon offers his hand to Seungkwan.

Seungkwan’s eyebrows raise. He pretends to not notice Vernon’s hand and stands up, walking ahead of the boy.

Vernon quickly follows along and slides his hand onto Seungkwan’s. The boy’s hand slender and soft to touch. Vernon feels a happy tug in his heart. He squeezes the soft bundle of emotion found in his bestfriend’s hand and moves his fingers so they’d cross with Seungkwan’s.

“What if someone sees?” Seungkwan protests.

Vernon pulls Seungkwan closer. “It’s okay. There aren’t a lot of people today. I think we’re the only couple out on a date tonight. It’s freezing.” A smile escapes him, realizing he just admitted they were a couple.

Seungkwan’s face turns red. His heart pounds. Couple ringing in his ears. “Couple.” Seungkwan echoes. “Are we?” Seungkwan’s voice ends in a croak. He was nervous. He slowly looks at Vernon, waiting for the other’s response.

“I want us to.” Vernon turns, his eyes looking deep into Seungkwan’s. His gaze captivating, intense, as if he’s offering his fragile heart to the boy.

“But we’re bestfriends.” Seungkwan looks away, scared that his words might hurt Vernon.

“We are.” He grabs Seungkwan’s shoulders. “But Boo, my feelings for you are just pouring out. I-I don’t think I can keep them held back. And no! No, I don’t want to forget.” He embraces Seungkwan, his arms tight around the boy. “I love you so much, Seungkwan.”

Seungkwan can’t help but get emotional. Tears roll down his cheeks. He’s happy that Vernon loves him, but he’s also conflicted because becoming a couple with a fellow idol is a very risky thing to do.

“Boo, why are you crying?” Vernon wipes the tears with his trembling fingers.

Seungkwan drops to his knees. “Isn’t this wrong? What would people think if they found out? What would the members think? Our families? Our fans?” His hands cover his face, frustrated at their predicament.

Vernon squats in front of Seungkwan and pats him on the back. “Who cares about what others think?”

Seungkwan looks up, a surprised expression on his face.

“You love me, right?” He places a hand on Seungkwan’s cheek, caressing, comforting.

Seungkwan nods. “I do.” He breaks into tears again. “I love you.”

Vernon breathes a sigh of relief. His heart pounding in celebration. “That’s all that matters.” He cups Seungkwan’s face, looking at his doll eyes. “I want to be with you, Seungkwan.” He presses his lips against Seungkwan’s, his feelings pouring out. Their lips intertwine, the romantic melody of their hearts beating in their chests.


--

I'm so sorry the update took so long! And I'm sorry the chapter is so short, cheezy, and cliche. :D I just really wanted to make sure that their relationship is a romantic one. There was so much , I was afraid they might end up as buddies. I want Seungkwan and Vernon to have a deeper relationship than that, so I had to make sure that they knew what their relationship was. Anyway, I hope to publish the next one a bit faster than this one and a bit longer, too. I'm so sorry again that it's just so-so. Oh and belated Merry Christmas! Hope you all had a great holiday. :) See you on the next chapter! :* Thanks for reading! :)