Chapter 2

Find the Voice Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

“She can’t speak?” Irene asked in disbelief.

Wendy nodded.

“How in the world are you going to communicate with her if she can’t speak? You can’t even do a sign language for God’s sake,” Irene frantically said.

Wendy rolled her eyes upon hearing what her love had just said to her and replied, “She’s not entirely mute or can’t speak. It’s just that she doesn’t want to speak. On certain occasion.”

 “So her name is Kim Yerim, she’s 8 years old and she’s an orphan. How are you going to make herself open up to you? I mean she’s doesn’t speak for almost two weeks now,” Irene asked while her eyes were focusing on the TV in front of them.

“I haven’t really figure it out on how I am going to do it since I haven’t meet her in person literally. All I have is information I got from Mr. Choi,” Wendy replied while cuddling close to Irene.

“I’m pretty sure you’ll figure it out pretty fast once you meet this little angel,” Irene replied back and side hugged Wendy gently.

“Hah! How do you know she’s an angel?” Wendy eyed her.

“I don’t know. I just have this feeling she’s going to be one,” Irene said nonchalantly.

“I believe you,” Wendy smiled, “How about you? Have you settle down with that stubborn client of yours?”

“Now you mentioned it, yes! Like finally! After going through like almost 4 meetings with her, she finally settled with one insurance,” Irene rolled her eyes.

Wendy seeing that giggled while she pinched Irene’s cheek softly, “There, there. No need to go off steam since it’s already settle.”

That’s just how it went for this couple when they’re at home. They shared about what happened at the workplace and how they’re going to solve it. It’s basically what they have always look upon to when they arrived home from work. They always were there for each other to share stories and somehow it manage to lift off their burden.

Just before Wendy close her eyes to sleep, she always had to do a thinking about her career’s choice. Since college, Wendy had always been into volunteering to help people. It’s always been her passion before she ended up being her teacher. She could see herself settling down being a teacher that help out kids. It’s always been her dream to be able to help out kids with different sorts of backgrounds; to help to achieve what they want, to make them realize their dream and sometimes to help them soothed out their troubled soul. She smile when she thought about it. She smile wider when she knew she’s going to see this new little angel, like what Irene had told her a while ago, tomorrow.

 

 

“Babe! Babe wake up. It’s already fifteen minutes to seven. Wake up you sleepyhead before I decide to drag you into the bathroom,” Irene shook her violently.

“Alright alright! I’m up already,” Wendy growled.

“The next time if you don’t wake up the first time I call you, I’m going to buy an alarm clock for you,” Irene threatened while wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

Wendy who saw it grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it to Irene’s direction which immediately hit right in her face and scowled, “Don’t you dare to buy it, Irene Bae Joohyun! You’re going to sleep at the living room if you do.”

Irene just laughed, “Come on already! I’ve already make some breakfast for you. I’m going to leave in a few minutes time so make sure you eat your breakfast, yeah?”

Irene walked up to Wendy and gave her a peck on the lips before she headed out for work.

Wendy scrunched her nose, “Why did you kiss me? I haven’t brush my teeth and I smelled!”

“It’s okay. At least no one is going to seduce me after this,” Irene shouted before heading out of the house.

Wendy quickly ran to the bathroom for a shower and rushed out to her breakfast after she’s done with all her morning routines. She’s always touched with what Irene had prepared for her breakfast.

“That cabbage always have a time and effort to put in for my breakfast,” Wendy monologue, “Well, there’s a saying ‘Always have breakfast to rid out an awfully negative mood of yourself.’”

It was almost 8 O’ clock in the morning when she arrived at school and immediately walked towards her classroom to gear up for that day. It was just only a few minutes and she could hear footsteps shuffling just outside her door and she knew exactly who it was.

“Morning, Miss!!” Seulgi and Joy exclaimed eagerly while Saeron tagging along behind them quietly.

“Morning love! What are you two on about that made you seems so excited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter