Chapter 7

Find the Voice Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

“Are you ready?” Wendy asked Yerim once she was done locking the classroom door.

Yerim nodded timidly while both of her hand gripped on her bag pack’s straps.

“Okay, let’s go,” Wendy said and she took one of Yerim’s hand into her own and clasped it just right.

Yerim felt warm when Wendy did that. It’s been so long she felt someone’s warmth and care. She unconsciously smile at the thought of having someone to hold her like this every day. She then turned her head to look at Wendy and found that Wendy was looking right at her too, “Yes, Yerim? You have something to say?”

Yerim shook her head and as they walked towards the entrance gate, Irene arrived just in time to pick them up. She then went out from the car to greet both Wendy and Yerim, “Hi, babe! Hi, little angel!”

Yerim quickly looked down and hid her hair behind her long hair. She heard Irene giggled softly, “She’s cute, babe! So where are we heading to? Restaurant or home or send her back?”

Wendy who realized what Irene had just said quickly nudged her and quickly said, “Let’s go back to our home. I’m going to cook while you keep little Yerim company, yeah?”

“Sure, come on now. It’s chilly to stand out here,” Irene gestured them towards the car and not to forget to open the car door for both of them before she headed into the driver’s seat and begun her journey driving back to their home.

Once arrived, Wendy then quickly came out and opened the door for Yerim and not forgetting to welcome her to their home.

“Welcome to our home, Yerim,” Wendy said not noticing she had already given her a nickname.

“Come on in, no need to be shy. Come sit here and make yourself comfortable. I’m going to go up and change my clothes. You can switch on the TV if you can to or you want to take a nap while waiting for Wendy to prepare our dinner?” Irene said.

“I’ll wait,” Yerim replied.

“Okay, just don’t be so shy,” Irene smiled looking at her before she dismissed herself to change.

On the other hand, Wendy was in the kitchen and started to look at the ingredient inside the fridge.

‘What should I cook? What do Yerim like to eat? I should’ve ask her just now.’ Wendy thought.

Just when she was about to walk back into the living room to ask Yerim, she was a bit astonished when Yerim stood not far from her and asked, “Can I help you around in the kitchen?”

“Oh Yerim, it’s okay. You’re a guest, you can just seat and wait for me to cook,” Wendy said.

“It’s okay, I insist,” Yerim answered while looking down.

“Ohhhh okay, come here. What do you like to have for dinner?” Wendy asked as she motioned Yerim to come close to her while still looking into the fridge.

“Uhhmm… Well… Chicken mushroom baked rice if that’s okay for you to cook,” Yerim replied almost in a whisper.

“Well, l think we can have that since there’s enough ingredient to make the food you like,” Wendy grinned while she took out all the needed ingredients to fulfill Yerim’s request.

“Oh there you are, Yerim. Aren’t you going to rest or something?” Irene walked in.

“She’s going to help me with the cooking. Babe, I think you’re going to out and buy the mushroom cream can. I don’t think we have one right now,” Wendy said while she brought all the ingredients to the table with Yerim’s helping hand.

“No, I bought it just two days ago. I put it in the cupboard above there. Hold on, let me take it for you guys,” Irene walked towards the cupboard while dragging a chair with her so it’s easy for her to take out a can of mushroom cream for them, “There you go.”

“Thanks!” Wendy took the can from Irene and held her hand while Irene stepped down from the chair carefully and kissed Wendy’s cheek as a thank you.

“Now, I think we have all the ingredients. Shall we start, Yerim?” Wendy asked Yerim eagerly and noticed that Yerim’s eyes was gleaming with excitement too.

“I’ll leave you two alone. I’m just going to watch TV show and if you guys need anything, just call me, okay?” Irene said as she looked at them expectantly before walking back into the living room to leave both Wendy and Yerim alone. She knew something was up and she didn’t want to bother them unless they call for it.

“Here. Maybe you can help me wash these chicken s mushroom while I get the oven ready to heat,” Wendy said as she handed Yerim a plastic of chicken s and mushroom.

Yerim took out those chicken s and washed them attentively before she proceed to wash the mushroom as well.

“Good one, Yerim!” Wendy patted her head, “You can go sit with Irene in the living room now. I’m just going to cook the rice and slice those chicken.”

“I’ll just sit here to accompany you,” Yeri stated as she pulled out the chair and sit quietly to watch Wendy did her wonder.

It wasn’t until few minutes did Yerim started to talk, “I’m scared of Miss Kahi, Miss Wendy.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter